Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East (35498 Views)

Obasanjo Gives Condition To Support New Mega Party - This Day / 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Balkan(m): 12:31am On Mar 18, 2015
to hold election while the country is in a state of war is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by dklex(m): 12:36am On Mar 18, 2015
Balkan:
to hold election while the country is in a state of war is unacceptable.
Which War are u talking about? This is insurgent, not war bro.

2 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 18, 2015
gebest:
Any body that thinks election will hold am just laughing at dat person, Jeg mission is to distroy nigeria b4 leaving, in d spirit realm, dat goodluck means badluck, ask urself why is it that whatever jeg touches is always a badluck to dat person or thing, e.g. ALAMEYESIGHA, YARA'DUA, OIL PRIZE, NAIRA FALL, ELECTRICITY TARIFF, FUEL PRIZE, MISSING $20B. NIGERIA ECONOMY, BOKO HARAM e.t.c.
your comment makes no sense.you are still a kid go back to school.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by LUXRY7: 12:37am On Mar 18, 2015
hamaworld:
GEJ if u like play like arsenal. U will still loss dis election. grin grin

HAMAWORLD U ARE OUT OF POINT PLEASE TALK IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HEADLINE.AND IF GEJ WINS U WILL BURY YOUR FACE IN SHAME,LISTEN YOUR VOTE 4 GEJ WILL NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO HIM I ADVICE YOU TO POCKET YOUR PVC AND YOUR VOTE AND GO HOME AND SLEEP JOOR

D change has come.
GMB/PYO
Pres/VP.

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by ojaydedon(m): 12:40am On Mar 18, 2015
Firefire:
Election must hold and the loser must lose again, no more postponement.

grin grin

transformation on point

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 18, 2015
Jonathan......Tired.....

5 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by effeoghene(m): 12:41am On Mar 18, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Faraidi(m): 12:47am On Mar 18, 2015
gebest:
Any body that thinks election will hold am just laughing at dat person, Jeg mission is to distroy nigeria b4 leaving, in d spirit realm, dat goodluck means badluck, ask urself why is it that whatever jeg touches is always a badluck to dat person or thing, e.g. ALAMEYESIGHA, YARA'DUA, OIL PRIZE, NAIRA FALL, ELECTRICITY TARIFF, FUEL PRIZE, MISSING $20B. NIGERIA ECONOMY, BOKO HARAM e.t.c.
you are a hopeless person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by uromicom: 12:49am On Mar 18, 2015
GEJ NO FEAR U DON WIN FINISH

2 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Faraidi(m): 12:49am On Mar 18, 2015
Samunique:
Very very misleading!!!!

I'm a fan of GEJ but if election does not hold in northeast then he is not a man of integrity.
oga! Go and sleep jare,so you mean boko haram should kill the voters because of election?you are worse than APC.EWU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:00am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
There will be no election on those 3 states because even the citizens are yet to return to their homes. And they cant vote at any other polling boots. The mouth-odour crew called APC are in for a show of shame. I see Buhari crying again.
Oponu Akindanidani oshi. Election was postponed because of these 3 states yet d army are saying trash now. Its obvious Gej is afraid. its too late 4 jonathan. So he wants 2 disenfranchise voters in these states after they have collected their pvc. What a top norch clueless leadership.

12 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by rusher14: 1:00am On Mar 18, 2015
Faraidi:
oga! Go and sleep jare,so you mean boko haram should kill the voters because of election?you are worse than APC.EWU

With the crisis, the people have been able to collect their PVCs and that means they can vote.

If the military's claim of recovering lost ground is anything to go by then elections would definitely hold.

If elections don't hold Jonathan ceases there would be an impasse and Jonathan ceases to be president.

8 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 18, 2015
So what lies the essence of the comical magic of defeating boko haram in 6weeks? I don't trust anything about this man called GEJ.

8 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by tola9ja: 1:02am On Mar 18, 2015
[b]THINK 2WICE::::::::::::::*Buhari Child Zara Is Paying Over £40,000 / #
12million
Naira as School Fees Developing Her Future and
Career.
*Jonathan's Children Have Being Moved To
London For
Studies and Residence while Developing Their
Career and
living In Affluence.....
*Atiku Abubakar Children Are Abroad Schooling....
*Tinubu's Children Are Abroad Schooling and
Living in
Affluence,
They Are All Developing and Investing In their
Children To
Continue To Rule Us After They Are Gone.....
You are there As A Jobless Graduate Wearing APC
and
PDP Customized Vest and Polo, Chanting
"Change"
Holding Brooms and Carrying Umbrellas Chanting
"Transformation" Killing Yourself, Fomenting
Trouble and
Constituting Nuisance to the Society because of
Peanuts
that can't make you a better person......
Even If You Have No Paying Jobs, Why Not Do
Apprentice
Or learn a Skill that will make You more
Productive today
in the Society. Why Not Do Volunteering Jobs
Instead Of
Looking For Big Pay Jobs!!!!
Stop Being A Disgrace To Your Discipline, Stop
Wearing
APC Vest and Carrying PDP Umbrellas Because
That is the
Wish of Politicians For You...
They Know If You have a Good Job, They Can't
Use You
As A Thug / Propagandist.
If Buhari will Not Bring All His Ten Children To the
Street
For Campaign and Jonathan Will not Bring his
Children
and Blood Brothers To The Street For Campaign,
Then You
are a Disgrace To Your Family If You Don't Stop
Masquerading Yourself As PDP and APC Agents,
Because
Up Till Now, I have Never Seen Buhari 's Children
and
Jonathan's Children On The Street Wearing APC
Vest and
Holding Brooms, Neither Have I seen Jonathan's
Children
Carrying The PDP Umbrella Even On Social Media
Let
Alone In the Street....
I don't say you shouldn't give your vote to the person you like because is your right to do so, but my brethren! Cast your vote wisely don't be an instrument of devil.
A Word Is Enough For The Wise......
[/b]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Eluwilussit(m): 1:08am On Mar 18, 2015
otokx:
Looks like June 12 is about to resurrect in an advanced form. If elections do not hold in 3 states then there is going to be some form of impasse. The courts are going to be busy.

I feel you. I pity nigerians. PDP and APC don't care about the hardship the masses will go through as a result of this madness. Billions of dollars wasted. Thousands dead. Trillions of hours wasted. For what? Pride.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by otr1(m): 1:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Something is not right...SMH

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Demmzy15(m): 1:13am On Mar 18, 2015
hamaworld:
GEJ if u like play like arsenal. U will still loss dis election. grin grin

D change has come.
GMB/PYO
Pres/VP.
Bros u dey offend me o!! cry I be Arsenal fan but I dey support GMB

GMB/PYO grin

4 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by hush15: 1:21am On Mar 18, 2015
gebest:

Why would you say such a wrong thing. Ofcourse, its due process to return the structures to carry out democratic process there. Is it not you nigerians that is saying military shouldn't be part of the elections or is it not so?

I believe election will hold, there is still time. The state of emergency would be lifted and I know, that elections will hold. Maybe under tight security environment but it will.

Moreso, you know its goin to take a little time for the citizens in that community to reseTtle to carry out their civic responsibility. Let's see how it unfolds. Then again,
Pleasen let's stop all these incitive comments and let's not ridicule the position of the presidency with our comments without due consideration.that position is a national pride and we shouldnt trivalize it anyhow cos of political differences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by NsikanMoses: 1:35am On Mar 18, 2015
If the indigenes flew away, then who will vote. must election still hold in those trouble states before GMB win? Those that rant their mouth should be the first to report in that region on or before 27 march 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by callmenow: 1:40am On Mar 18, 2015
Samunique:
Very very misleading!!!!

I'm a fan of GEJ but if election does not hold in northeast then he is not a man of integrity.

Speaking from both sides of your mouth again. With friends like you, Jonathan does not need any enemies. What has Jonathan got to do with voting in the South East? He has fulfilled his promise to deal with Boko haram to give this election a veneer of respectability by saying that all parts of Nigeria must vote? It is right that vote in these areas be suspended by INEC and the remainder of the nation is used for the determination of the winner. I believe there is a cast iron provision in our constitution for this possibility.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by nortcentrallord(m): 1:42am On Mar 18, 2015
[quote author=tola9ja post=31729616][/quote]

Thanks.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by philips70(m): 1:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
There will be no election on those 3 states because even the citizens are yet to return to their homes. And they cant vote at any other polling boots. The mouth-odour crew called APC are in for a show of shame. I see Buhari crying again.

As usual, a shameless scoundrel. Nairaland will give you an Oscar the day you will make sense.

5 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by 1009ja: 2:13am On Mar 18, 2015
ICC IS WATCHING:
In his statement, Mr. Bensouda reiterated the ICC’s resolve to go after persons who ordered or incited electoral violence.
“At a time when abhorrent levels of violence already plague parts of the country, I recall that the International Criminal Court has jurisdiction over Rome Statute crimes committed on the territory of Nigeria,” Mr. Bensouda said.
“Any person who incites or engages in acts of violence in the context of the upcoming elections or otherwise – including by ordering, inciting, encouraging or contributing to the commission of crimes that fall within ICC’s jurisdiction – is liable to prosecution; either by Nigerian Courts or by the ICC.
“No one should doubt my Office’s resolve to prosecute individuals responsible for the commission of ICC crimes, whenever necessary.”
The ICC further reiterated that electoral violence is not the solution for aggrieved parties in an election.
“The conduct and outcome of elections in Nigeria, free from violence, will not only prevent further instability in the country, but will also send a clear message that electoral competition does not have to result in violence and crimes that shock the conscience of humanity,” said Mr. Bensouda.

2 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Dahveydson(m): 2:17am On Mar 18, 2015
SagePerv:
Sorry to disappoint you. Elections will hold.

It doesn't seem so. "Until when the structures of governance have been reinstated".
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by strawberryinc(m): 2:20am On Mar 18, 2015
Road to otuoke 2015
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by onatisi(m): 2:31am On Mar 18, 2015
Samunique:
Very very misleading!!!!

GEJ is now the security council ,abi? Welldone
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 2:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
But won't the presidential elections be declared inconclusive if voting doesn't take place in THREE states?
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by onatisi(m): 2:49am On Mar 18, 2015
AustineE1:
For the sake of innocent Nigerians living in those three states,whatever that will be best for their security,should be the priority,with or without election holding there.
bros ,ur comment is the best so far. The security of innocent nigerians in those affected areas supercedes any election in those area and their safety is non negotiable. Until their safety can be guaranteed without any conditions attached ,there will be no elections in those areas . Anyone who is not happy with it can go to court.

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:01am On Mar 18, 2015
Samunique:
Very very misleading!!!!

GEJ lost his integrity as soon as he pardoned Alameiseigha. All other mess ups are bonuses.

4 Likes

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:05am On Mar 18, 2015
ING lurks around the corner. The shenanigans of June12 brews all over again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka / Atiku Abubakar Inspecting His Feed Mill In Adamawa State / APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.