Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East (35503 Views)

Obasanjo Gives Condition To Support New Mega Party - This Day / 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Imoy(m): 7:16am On Mar 18, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Elections must and will be held in yobe adamawa and bornu

MUST

I bet even your father can not say that, u siddon for the corner of ur room dey type.

The decision is not in ur hand boi.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Independa: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2015
gebest:
Any body that thinks election will hold am just laughing at dat person, Jeg mission is to distroy nigeria b4 leaving, in d spirit realm, dat goodluck means badluck, ask urself why is it that whatever jeg touches is always a badluck to dat person or thing, e.g. ALAMEYESIGHA, YARA'DUA, OIL PRIZE, NAIRA FALL, ELECTRICITY TARIFF, FUEL PRIZE, MISSING $20B. NIGERIA ECONOMY, BOKO HARAM e.t.c.
This is one of the most stupid statements I've ever read on NL
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by richidinho(m): 7:38am On Mar 18, 2015
gebest:
Any body that thinks election will hold am just laughing at dat person, Jeg mission is to distroy nigeria b4 leaving, in d spirit realm, dat goodluck means badluck, ask urself why is it that whatever jeg touches is always a badluck to dat person or thing, e.g. ALAMEYESIGHA, YARA'DUA, OIL PRIZE, NAIRA FALL, ELECTRICITY TARIFF, FUEL PRIZE, MISSING $20B. NIGERIA ECONOMY, BOKO HARAM e.t.c.

Yes u are Right

Super Eagles won nations cup
Golden Eaglet won world cup
Enormous Gold during Olympics
Agric revolution
Lagos -Ibadan expressway
Abuja - Lokoja
Kaduna - Kano
Onitsha - Enugu
Dredging of River Niger
2nd Niger Bridge
Train is back
5 Int'l Airports

And many more

All in 4 yrs .....he vow to do more
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by elclark(m): 7:44am On Mar 18, 2015
[/right][right]
gebest:
olodo.com.ng
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by dvee2: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2015
A democratic president doing everything to subvert democratic process using security chiefs and their excuse. No need for election, GEJ should just be sworn in as all evidence point to use of state power to give advantage to the incumbent. How can someone be jubilant in the end when deep down you know you did not win fair and square?
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2015
We all hope that normalcy returns to the 3 states before the scheduled dates for the election. We can't afford another postponement in those areas.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by AustineE1: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2015
richidinho:

Yes u are Right

Super Eagles won nations cup
Golden Eaglet won world cup
Enormous Gold during Olympics
Agric revolution
Lagos -Ibadan expressway
Abuja - Lokoja
Kaduna - Kano
Onitsha - Enugu
Dredging of River Niger
2nd Niger Bridge
Train is back
5 Int'l Airports

And many more

All in 4 yrs .....he vow to do more
you mentioned but a few,did you forget the
15 federal universities he built
unbundling of PHCN
The railways are back
The transformation of the entertainment industry to a world class industry
The Automobile industrial revolutn,as a result of his attractive policies
Nigeria becoming the biggest economy in Africa under his watch
The almajiri model schools,never been seen before in our country

The list is too numerous to mention,God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by EKPETI(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2015
Y are people forgeting this in the first place INEC is never ready on 14th of feb. Let d will of God be done! Nigeria will smile again!
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Akpan107(m): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2015
SagePerv:
Sorry to disappoint you. Elections will hold.

Sorry to also disappoint you! The election will not hold...

See my signature
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by dein77(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2015
No more excuses. Government and INEC should do the needful and provide all the necessary logistics, including adequate security so the people of those states can safely exercise their franchise.

Buhari must not be given any reasons whatsoever to which he will anchor his eventual defeat on. He must be beaten fair, square and quadrilaterally.

Elections MUST hold. No more postponement.

But OP, your topic and body of article no tally at all.

God bless ozoigbondu for that great reply!
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by dein77(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2015
barcanista:
We all hope that normalcy returns to the 3 states before the scheduled dates for the election. We can't afford another postponement in those areas.

Yes, we can't afford another postponement. The elections MUST go as scheduled! Nigeria must move on, and the forces of chaos and terror shall be defeated!
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:

Yes, we can't afford another postponement. The elections MUST go as scheduled! Nigeria must move on, and the forces of chaos and terror shall be defeated!
Let's hope that it doesn't get postponed. Though I'm optimistic that the election will hold
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Intendy: 8:35am On Mar 18, 2015
Samunique:
Very very misleading!!!!

I'm a fan of GEJ but if election does not hold in northeast then he is not a man of integrity.
Sorry o.Is it today that you just knew that he has no integrity.
after series of lies

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Intendy: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2015
AustineE1:
For the sake of innocent Nigerians living in those three states,whatever that will be best for their security,should be the priority,with or without election holding there.
There is no way elections will not hold,else the statutory requirement of winning might not be possible most especially for GMB ,which the law court will definitely anull. cause they are part of the country
by the way election was still held in war torn countries like Pakistan,DRC

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by ricsman(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2015
ichidodo:
Fantastic development...Security is for the people and not the people for security else the APC should sacrifice there own families to conduct election in a war torn region amidst dangers of boko suicide cell groups angling to mix up with crowded voters and blowing themselves alongside INEC officials...For now we should content ourselves with IDPs.
common sense is not common once PDP/APC blood is running in d vein.
pls what was d reason for d 6weeks shift?

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2015
CFCfan:

But won't the presidential elections be declared inconclusive if voting doesn't take place in THREE states?
Inconclusiveness will be a legal battle in court. One can only have the right to vote and be voted for, when there is life. Presidential election will not hold in those states, but other elections will hold there in April 11. That's the handwriting on the wall.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by donshaddow(m): 9:03am On Mar 18, 2015
candidbabe:
Some great men of God have prophesied that there would not be election on 28th march 2015 and people are still in doubt if there would be elections or not, I laugh in swahilli.
The bible says when there is no vision the people perish, it's high time we begin to listen and obey the voice of the prophets who are God's mouth piece on earth.
Meanwhile GEJ TILL 2019.

Atimes, I'd prefer to liaise with an atheist because of people like you.

So you'd prefer to listen to the voice of a single man calling himself a prophet, than the voice of the people.

When does the Bible become Nigeria's constitution and supports bad government and the destruction of a nation.

Do you support GEJ using religious sentiment?

I'm sure you're in your earlier 20s and do not know the reality of life.. Snap from your sleep.

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2015
philips70:

As usual, a shameless scoundrel. Nairaland will give you an Oscar the day you will make sense.
You do not have to be insultive to make a point, but then I do forget that some of you are naturally embittered.

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by sweetgala(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
There will be no election on those 3 states because even the citizens are yet to return to their homes. And they cant vote at any other polling boots. The mouth-odour crew called APC are in for a show of shame. I see Buhari crying again.

If you watched Jega presentation to the national assembly you would know that provisions have been made such that the refugee camps would be polling units and also locations along the border.

The security chiefs were granted 6 weeks as requested to guarantee safety of these individuals in their natural domain such that they can vote, now we have minimah saying he doesn't know . what a tool

This is the avenue GEJ would use to either annul the election and impose a transitional government or cancel the results of the election if it doesn't go his way. We dey watch una
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Oponu Akindanidani oshi. Election was postponed because of these 3 states yet d army are saying trash now. Its obvious Gej is afraid. its too late 4 jonathan. So he wants 2 disenfranchise voters in these states after they have collected their pvc. What a top norch clueless leadership.
It's a game brov, do not take it personal. Majority of the voters in those states are internally displaced and we do not have assurances that they will return in 10 days to vote. But I am sure by April 11, they will be able to vote for their governor and states assembly men. Learn!
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Akpan107:
Sorry to also disappoint you! The election will not hold...

See my signature

You are a world class slowpoke.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by sweetgala(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2015
donshaddow:

Atimes, I'd prefer to liaise with an atheist because of people like you.

So you'd prefer to listen to the voice of a single man calling himself a prophet, than the voice of the people.

When does the Bible become Nigeria's constitution and supports bad government and the destruction of a nation.

Do you support GEJ using religious sentiment?

I'm sure you're in your earlier 20s and do not know the reality of life.. Snap from your sleep.

Abeg my brother just ignore the ignorant , what these individuals do not understand is that we are all tools in Gods workshop and are all "Gods mouthpieces" .

But their sinful ways make them like tumbleweed , easily swayed by the utterances of liars and false prophets.

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2015
sweetgala:

If you watched Jega presentation to the national assembly you would know that provisions have been made such that the refugee camps would be polling units and also locations along the border.

The security chiefs were granted 6 weeks as requested to guarantee safety of these individuals in their natural domain such that they can vote, now we have minimah saying he doesn't know . what a tool

This is the avenue GEJ would use to either annul the election and impose a transitional government or cancel the results of the election if it doesn't go his way. We dey watch una
Elections will NOT be postponed again. There will be no transition government, but I think the military has been very successful in the fight against ISIS/Haram these past 4 weeks and 4 days. But that can not guarantee that the bombs will not go off at voting places be there boots or refugee camps. We can not afford to lose more lives in sacrifice for any politician. So election will NOT hold on March 28, but will hold on April 11. This is my thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by sweetgala(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2015
callmenow:

Speaking from both sides of your mouth again. With friends like you, Jonathan does not need any enemies. What has Jonathan got to do with voting in the South East? He has fulfilled his promise to deal with Boko haram to give this election a veneer of respectability by saying that all parts of Nigeria must vote? It is right that vote in these areas be suspended by INEC and the remainder of the nation is used for the determination of the winner. I believe there is a cast iron provision in our constitution for this possibility.

Such is not possible, under all circumstances every Nigerian with the capacity of self determination has the right to vote and be voted for , in accordance with our constitution, the duty of the security personnel, FG ,all political parties and INEC is to make this possible , by providing relative safety in the land, predetermined voting units devoid of intimidation and or cohesion ,

The reason for the 6 week delay was to allow this , and any plans or resolve to exclude any region or polling unit from the General election as stated before in our constitution would be an impasse.

Of all Nigerians today, the people in these locations who most desire and deserve a chance to cast their vote and express their freedom to choose, freedom to CHANGE their current predicament.

In this general election they see the solution to their years of suffering, of hardship.

May the labour of our heroes past not be in vain.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Samunique(m): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2015
callmenow:

Speaking from both sides of your mouth again. With friends like you, Jonathan does not need any enemies. What has Jonathan got to do with voting in the South East? He has fulfilled his promise to deal with Boko haram to give this election a veneer of respectability by saying that all parts of Nigeria must vote? It is right that vote in these areas be suspended by INEC and the remainder of the nation is used for the determination of the winner. I believe there is a cast iron provision in our constitution for this possibility.
I don't think u love GEJ as much as i do!
But the truth must be told, Gej promised the whole nation that if elections will not hold in any part of Nigeria it will not be in his own time and went ahead to promise the elections will hold in the northeast. So my point is this, if he has thus promised then he should deliver to keep his integrity, so if he wins the election ( which i know he will ) then nobody will accuse him of fowl play, even though it is constitutional for any part of to be left out if there are security challenges !

But i thought Gej shouldn't have come out to make such a promise, he should have been a bit diplomatic and reserved bcs people will hold him by his word.

So he should keep his word, that is INTEGRITY!!!!

So how does this make me his enemy
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by richidinho(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2015
AustineE1:

you mentioned but a few,did you forget the
15 federal universities he built
unbundling of PHCN
The railways are back
The transformation of the entertainment industry to a world class industry
The Automobile industrial revolutn,as a result of his attractive policies
Nigeria becoming the biggest economy in Africa under his watch
The almajiri model schools,never been seen before in our country

The list is too numerous to mention,God bless Nigeria!

Forgive me I gas out

Never again shall we witness a stagnant Buhari govt in this country
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by donshaddow(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
Elections will NOT be postponed again. There will be no transition government, but I think the military has been very successful in the fight against ISIS/Haram these past 4 weeks and 4 days. But that can not guarantee that the bombs will not go off at voting places be there boots or refugee camps. We can not afford to lose more lives in sacrifice for any politician. So election will NOT hold on March 28, but will hold on April 11. This is my thought.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness...

Actually, Jega said provisions have been made for the internally displaced to cast their vote in their camps.

So, I expect security to be provided in those areas so as to avoid any litigation that may arise due to disenfranchisement of these people.

So, whichever way, let them conduct elections in these camps and they can go back to their homes thereafter.
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by luvmijeje(f): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2015
Minimah, who said the military had liberated areas captured by the Boko Haram sect, said: "I’m not competent to speak on that matter (elections). The INEC is still there. INEC has to reassess the situation and evaluate because the areas have been liberated, but I can also tell you that not all structures of governance have been reinstated and they will need to be reinstated so that citizens can go back to their areas, and it is then I think they can execute their rights as voters".

What the hell! In what part of the constitution was it stated that all structures of government must be reinstated before voters can execute their right? Jonathan surely can't escape Gbagbo's treatment.

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by ozoigbondu: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2015
dein77:
No more excuses. Government and INEC should do the needful and provide all the necessary logistics, including adequate security so the people of those states can safely exercise their franchise.

Buhari must not be given any reasons whatsoever to which he will anchor his eventual defeat on. He must be beaten fair, square and quadrilaterally.

Elections MUST hold. No more postponement.

But OP, your topic and body of article no tally at all.

God bless ozoigbondu for that great reply!
And will bless you and all agents of transformation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by sweetgala(m): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:

There is no guarantee bombs would not go off in Port Harcourt or Lagos or Sagamu , that is the level of safety plausible in current Nigeria , the focus of the security and FG shoild be to deliver on their promises which in reality is their thankless duty .

They wanted 6 weeks and in that time we have heard success stories of the coalition force routing BH/ISIS

So what is the matter now! Why can't elections hold in these regions or in the refugees camps

1 Like

Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Bayswater:

They never said Gwoza has been cleared. Thank you.
bros when you wake up in the morning is good to wash your face
Re: Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East by dein77(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2015
ozoigbondu:

And will bless you and all agents of transformation

Amen. Victory is sure!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP / APC Presidential Primary: Full Speech By Bola Tinubu / Capture Shekau Alive, Troops Urged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.