Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return (32093 Views)

Man Posed With His Little Daughter At The Beach And Got Tongues Wagging / Woman Carries Her Child Inside Her Shorts And Got People Talking (pics) / He Surprised His Wife On Her Birthday And Got A Shocker Of His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Revolva(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2015
grin grin dats what i call sequencial slapp.....Gbosa..on mum face ......son-...daddy why u slap mummy ...why na wetin dey do dis old fool....Dad- u call me an old fool....Gbosa,.... grin grin grin
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by idealsico(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2015
?
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by TVTKOKO(m): 9:10am On Mar 20, 2015
arak4love:
some people self are so funny, because ur father slapped you so d next thing forr u is to pack out? i wonder if u are really a true son or ur bible or quran dont teach u aw to behave to ur parents? even if he beats u he is still ur father and u are still under him
silly post! Someone in his late 20s can't pack out of his dads house?? Ffoolish man

5 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by udz: 9:10am On Mar 20, 2015
arak4love:
some people self are so funny, because ur father slapped you so d next thing forr u is to pack out? i wonder if u are really a true son or ur bible or quran dont teach u aw to behave to ur parents? even if he beats u he is still ur father and u are still under him

teenage post
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Ghadafy(m): 9:10am On Mar 20, 2015
udz:

dumb post. he has the right to kill because "he is ur father" SMH...

..and where in the post did I say his father has the right to kill him? If you think what the op has done was right, it simply means you didn't grow up with a father. And as for you, don't quote me again.

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 20, 2015
Moving to show your grievance? What if you move out and he turn her into punching bag? Your presence might be the reason why the beating is not an every day thing,I won't advise you to move out rather find away to make peace between them
Freest:

i didn't get him angry as he was angry before i even got there. I only went to appeal to him. by the way am more angrier and wanna move out today. But need to teach him a moral lesson before leaving hence d need for this advice

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by kene05(m): 9:11am On Mar 20, 2015
faithfuldon7:
I don't know ur financial power. I bought a big gift for my mum the last time my dad tried that nonsense. I bought a car 4 her and my dad was like she is my wife and d car is also mine. guess wat !!my dad is riding that car now til today.

Moral of my story

Don't come BTW them. they know how to settle themselves
If he could afford a car, he wouldn't hv still bin under the same roof with his parents!

4 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by kilokeys(m): 9:11am On Mar 20, 2015
once u try so hard not to be who your father is, u end up being just like him

i advise u think of yourself as the 4 year old that dabbled into ur father's business..

even ur mum wouldnt want you reacting as u feel.

d slap no start today.. u witnessed it while growing up.
and she has taken it all the while..

surprise your father by being calm. greet him, give him his respect

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Rapture4real(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2015
The way you approached your dad was very wrong. The Bible says honour thy father and thy mother in the land thy God has given you that you may live long. Whatever you do to him is awaiting you in future.You can go and stay somewhere till your anger subsides.Go and beg your dad you are sorry and help reconcile with yo mum.You will need his blessing one day

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2015
You're a man and in your own right, deserve some pride. so does your mum but she won't fight for herself. he's lucky you didn't hit him back because in the heat of things it could have escalated to that. If you said nothing about him hitting your mum I'd have said you're a wimp and probably support him. it's his house, if she won't get help there's not much you can do though it really hurts not to be able to defend someone you love. whenever you can, move out, shower your mum with love from afar, forgive your dad and keep just enough distance between both of you. I'm sure she doesn't want you to leave because she then she'll be all alone and it's hard too. long and short, leave their matter, focus on yourself, if it happens again, tell an older relative, maybe 2 or 3 but remember that as much as it'll shame him, it'll shame your ma too

3 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by komek(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Na you make mistake na...... if I were you,the moment he slapped my mum,he had lost that respect and na as e dey hot I go yarn am scores.... if e do anyhow e sef go collect anyhow... what non-sense!!....

Anyways..... if he has a car,break windscreen and tear the tire..... and tell him you did it! For every slap your mom collects, damage one personal item of his that is precious to him...e go learn quick.

Ranting of a small boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Misogynist2014(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2015
You must be very dumb.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Seyidayo(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2015
Bros, I won't agree that you didn't say anything wrong, the best person you can lie to or diceive is yourself. I have made such mistake before but I did not speak I just stood between them and settle the problem, what you did wrong was that you were judging your oldman that was why he slapped you.

My advise go and ask him to slap you again and stay back home or else you are deceiving yourself that you are man enough to stay on your own. You may like to move from frying pan to fire sha...... My sincere advice

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by udz: 9:15am On Mar 20, 2015
killercute16:
Matured

thanx ...
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Chiaka(f): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:
It happened this morning oh, was bathing and prepping for work when i heard my dad at the top of his voice, before i knew it i heard mumsy crying, he had slapped her. Am in the same house( Haven't been able to move out yet) and i couldn't just bear my mum crying so i went to my dad to tell him what he did was not right. He is almost 60 and so is his wife, at that age you slap your wife i was trying to use the voice of reason as i was angry but kept my calm (Who wouldn't be angry seeing his/her mum cry?) before i could finish explaining and appealing to him i received from his left hand of righteousness a resounding slap... it got me confused as i didn't know what i did to deserve such. I didn't say anything harsh nor abusive. Am angry but didn't wanna return that slap nor say words I'll regret. I told him I'm moving out and he just lost a son, he replied that i wont be missed. I wanna do something he'll never forget, before i leave, please i need advice as it dented my personality even amongst my younger siblings and neighbors. I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now
pls sincere advice. thanks

If you are working and can fend for yourself go ahead and move out, if not remain in the house and swallow your pride until you can.
If he realises his mistake later in life even after you have moved out and ask that you make up, forgive him and move on his your dad.
Its also good you find out what your mum did that made your dad to slap her, that might make you rethink. She might be the one with
problems.......don't rule that out. sometimes women look for trouble secretly and shout out when they get bitten, though I don't support beating women, I see it as a sign of witness on the path of the man and not strength.........
Bottom line advice you should all try and make amend and remain as one family possibly except things really get out of hand....

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by manitobor(m): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2015
Guy, Please don't take any drastic action you'd regret later. You're infuriated and indignant right now cos the incident is still fresh. Give it some time and your anger will abate. If your dad has never slapped your mum before then there must have been ample reason why he slapped her at that moment. Find out from your mum what the issue actually was. As their eldest son your duty would be to assuage the tension and reconcile both of them. Talk things over with them and let your dad see reason with you. Not carrying out your threat of leaving the house will do nothing to your dignity as a man after all he's your dad and not an outsider. Seriously consider the implications of leaving your family and becoming an enemy to your dad for life. The prospect is by no means palatable. Please reconsider.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by anthoniaz(f): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2015
Op I understand exactly how you feel.Sometimes it is better you ignore your parents when they are quarelling because na you dem go use take settle grin.I bet you,before tomorrow morning they would have settled whatever it is they are quarelling about.

I remember a day my dad slapped me because I was trying to settle issues between him and my mum,my mum came to my room and asked me who invited me into their matter.From that day,I decided to lock myself in my room whenever they were in the mood to deceive us with their fake quarrel because the next morning you will see them laughing at the top of their voices. wink

6 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Kirinwa: 9:18am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

i didn't get him angry as he was angry before i even got there. I only went to appeal to him. by the way am more angrier and wanna move out today. But need to teach him a moral lesson before leaving hence d need for this advice

Op you seriously want us to give you ways and how to get back at your dad for slapping your mum and you?

Seriously you need psychological help.

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by jamillion: 9:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Adyrin:
Must you report your family on NairaLand
Na wa for some people sef Ooº°
So W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t exactly do yu want us to do?
To come and give your father general slaping section?
sometimes u need to vent out anger to be at peace, he just did and am sure he has found peace...dnt blame him

3 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by komek(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:
It happened this morning oh, was bathing and prepping for work when i heard my dad at the top of his voice, before i knew it i heard mumsy crying, he had slapped her. Am in the same house( Haven't been able to move out yet) and i couldn't just bear my mum crying so i went to my dad to tell him what he did was not right. He is almost 60 and so is his wife, at that age you slap your wife i was trying to use the voice of reason as i was angry but kept my calm (Who wouldn't be angry seeing his/her mum cry?) before i could finish explaining and appealing to him i received from his left hand of righteousness a resounding slap... it got me confused as i didn't know what i did to deserve such. I didn't say anything harsh nor abusive. Am angry but didn't wanna return that slap nor say words I'll regret. I told him I'm moving out and he just lost a son, he replied that i wont be missed. I wanna do something he'll never forget, before i leave, please i need advice as it dented my personality even amongst my younger siblings and neighbors. I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now

If I am ur father and I saw this thing u wrote here, I will throw u out before u move out..Rubbish . Threatening a man in his house. Were u there when he married that woman? They have been staying together therefore they should sort themselfs out.

3 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Babs24: 9:19am On Mar 20, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Na you make mistake na...... if I were you,the moment he slapped my mum,he had lost that respect and na as e dey hot I go yarn am scores.... if e do anyhow e sef go collect anyhow... what non-sense!!....

Anyways..... if he has a car,break windscreen and tear the tire..... and tell him you did it! For every slap your mom collects, damage one personal item of his that is precious to him...e go learn quick.

Funny you, i hope the OP wont take to this sha... Wanna beat your dad? Abeg make i ask you a question, If to say na your mum slap your dad, will you beat tha hell outta your mum

The truth is you have no right to raise hand against either of your parents no matter what!!!

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by TeGaTeGa1(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Some people are just plain stupid saying why you didn't ask your mom wat she did before taking sides... Gosh why should a sane man ever raise his hand to slap a woman he got married to for whatsoever reason... It's never done... I'd confront my dad too... it seems some of y'all haven't seen your mum cry do you know how heart breaking it is, talk more of your own dad slapping her to make her cry... What nonsense... my dad would be the biggest coward ever seen... Rubbish

8 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by williams20(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

@Op did I hear you say , you need to teach your dad a moral lesson?
That's improper , by the way you were wrong in the first place , though your dad doesn't have to slap your mum just for the purpose of correction , you shouldn't have gone to meet him , it simply means you were acting as the judge and remember She is your mother but a wife to him , they are both closer than the bond you're trying to pull in between yourself and your mum , ....

Take the correction in good faith .......never tell an elderly person he/she is wrong but seek a means of talking to the person about it much later

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by udz: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Ghadafy:

..and where in the post did I say his father has the right to kill him? If you think what the op has done was right, it simply means you didn't grow up with a father. And as for you, don't quote me again.

From ur post, u meant the father can do anything because he is the father. and BTW i grew up with both parents. maybe u are a forever BIG BABY AT HOME. grow up.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by ilovecritics(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

Abeg OP - With all due respect, please find one shop buy Origin for your papa! Una don vex am wella today! Thanks
- *drops mic*

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by valmunich(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2015
WTF is this?? He had no right to slap his wife being a man above 60years of age, that should be rather understandable angry

Couldn't he just walk away from the scene or try other stuffs like the silent treatment?

The Phuck I'll confront the old man and will surely retaliate if I was to be slapped undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by adahgold(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2015
May my mum soul rest in peace,if my mum was alive and this happen I swear I will beat my father nothing fit stop am,some people they talk rubbish for this place no matter wat my mum did at that age beating is not the answer,I expect him to deal issues with wisdom. Forget swear if him swear my mama go bless me,someone here say if u do it (i mean beat your father)ur child will do they same forget that thing if you no beat ur wife ur son will not beat u period, love ma mum till now...

8 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by babaireti(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

It is obvious you dont have parents or maybe you were not properly brought up,because from the way you sounded in your comment,men! it shows you are a product of adultery and not a properly consummated matrimonial arrangement that does not have the privilege to understand the significance of a FATHER to his CHILD.
And to the poster: your FATHER is your small god,he deserve your sympathy and respect just the same as your MUM,dont disrespect him if you still want to enjoy the favour of GOD

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by yagbaboy1(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2015
All those advising this guy to park out, have you bothered to ask him where he is packing to? All those asking him to spoil motor, tire and break television, do you know if it affects his siblings. The money his dad will use to replace those stuffs would have been used for something better.
Your mum knows the kind of Man she married, a slapper, so let them be. When you marry your wife, do not slap her.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by 9ijaprince(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2015
:-Xw
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by iamord(m): 9:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

oh don't act like a kid. Use sense to handle issues. Try and be smart. So that u will get what u are looking for. When u got it. U can do as u like. Nobody will hold u. Where the F r u packing too. The same legs u use to walk out. Is the same legs u will u see to crawl back in begging. And another slap might be the acceptance fee. No matter how array you are. Calm down so that your brain can be calm and reason
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by breakeven: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Children must never interfere in their parents quarrels or take sides.Remember she was first his wife before you came into the picture. so you deserve that slap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / My Pregnant Ex Girlfriend Has Refused My Help / My Wife Says I Am Not Romantic After 10years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.