Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return (32090 Views)

Man Posed With His Little Daughter At The Beach And Got Tongues Wagging / Woman Carries Her Child Inside Her Shorts And Got People Talking (pics) / He Surprised His Wife On Her Birthday And Got A Shocker Of His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2015
fanex:
the real question is what are you still doing in you father's house.

Stop acting silly. So what if he has been unable to secure a good job or gain a stable financial status yet, he shldnt stay with his parents anymore? This is where people get it wrong most times by doing things without planning.

This is how a friend moved out of his father's house to go stay with a girlfriend. Not long they had issues and the relationship ended. He had to move in again with his parents. Wasnt that shameful? Learn to do things rightly abeg.

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Adyrin:
Must you report your family on NairaLand
Na wa for some people sef Ooº°
So W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t exactly do yu want us to do?
To come and give your father general slaping section?
and what is wrong for him to do that? Don't u read other people's stories online or in a book? Btw Nairaland is a faceless forum and we all are like families here, we help each other in every situation.
A friend of mine travelled to Canada last week without any help apart from me telling her to visit Nairaland travel section

3 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2015
Slap festival of the family grin even if ur girlfriend come ask ur papa why he slap u, she go collect slap join grin grin I'm sure dat kind slap fit e commot person teeth grin

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Babs24: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2015
Op, know that you have no right whatsoever to raise your hand against either of your parents...

At first, you made a mistake. You shouldn't have asked your father why he slapped her at that instance. the best is to walk up to your mum, asked her what happened and console. You'll later go meet your dad when he is calm not at the moment of anger...

Now you want to teach him a lesson, you better don't cos if you do you will regret your actions here and hereafter...

To say na your mum slap your dad you go teach am lesson too?

Now you want to move out huh Do you think that will end the infuriating act That will only make your mum vulnerable to more future slapsss..

think twice and seek advice from elderly oness

3 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by pinkycute(f): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2015
cheesy Count me out on the General Slapping Section cheesy

Funny dude wink

Adyrin:
Must you report your family on NairaLand
Na wa for some people sef Ooº°
So W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t exactly do yu want us to do?
To come and give your father general slaping section?

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2015
udz:

My friend keep quiet, the OP is in his late 20s, he can make things hapen for himself. . .

What things have made it to happen in your own life? People come to net and all claim Obama's and Dangote's children. Lates 20s, and so what? Do you know if he just finished school and never really gain his ground financially?
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by anonimi: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:
It happened this morning oh, was bathing and prepping for work when i heard my dad at the top of his voice, before i knew it i heard mumsy crying, he had slapped her. Am in the same house( Haven't been able to move out yet) and i couldn't just bear my mum crying so i went to my dad to tell him what he did was not right. He is almost 60 and so is his wife, at that age you slap your wife i was trying to use the voice of reason as i was angry but kept my calm (Who wouldn't be angry seeing his/her mum cry?) before i could finish explaining and appealing to him i received from his left hand of righteousness a resounding slap... it got me confused as i didn't know what i did to deserve such. I didn't say anything harsh nor abusive. Am angry but didn't wanna return that slap nor say words I'll regret. I told him I'm moving out and he just lost a son, he replied that i wont be missed. I wanna do something he'll never forget, before i leave, please i need advice as it dented my personality even amongst my younger siblings and neighbors. I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now
pls sincere advice. thanks

The highlighted is your real stress.

How old are you BTW?

It is your dad's house, his wife and his family so..................

Seriously, you should NOT have intervened in the HEAT of the moment.
Sorry and hope you learnt your lesson but more importantly you need NOT move out in a HURRY solely because of this incident!
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

There is a part of the Bible were parents are not supposed to provoke their children to anger. This isn't the first time popsi is slapping me. He has done it some years back. That one was even in public in our street. Everyone even ladies alike were watching. Then i insisted on moving and going to crash with a friend for a while before i can stand properly, but mum knelt down and appealed that I stay until i can move properly and not under this circumstances. Now this again...

God is using your dad to make you see sense to pack out and a get a freaking life. You're in your late 20s and you got angry that your dad slapped you?
What are you doing in his house in the first place? Dude, pack out, get a job and surprise your father. Your dad doesn't respect you because you're still clearly in his house.

Take responsibility for your life and your dad will respect you. Remember: respect is earned. Staying in that house won't make your dad to respect you more than he does now.

P.S: Park out. Get a good job or start a business. Then when you're financially OK, you can send money back home to papa - that's how he'd be proud of you.

P.S.S: It's only kids that take revenge on Their parents.

*Get angry and live up to expectation*

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Freest(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2015
eldnix:
Hahahahahahahaheheheheheheheheheh shocked cheesy grin tongue....my broda tell me again ...how was the. Slap
mhen!! it was a slap! trust me those left handed men are something else. You don't wanna receive such first thing in the morning!!!
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 20, 2015
Ekiti people with funny comment cheesy

adeekiti:
Slap festival of the family grin even if ur girlfriend come ask ur papa why he slap u, she go collect slap join grin grin I'm sure dat kind slap fit e commot person teeth grin

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by AlphaDibia(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2015
Strike 1: At that grown-up-ready-to-move-out age, if your dad ain't scared of laying his hands on you, chances are.. you're a pussy.

Strike 2: If you're going to go all in about problems between your parents and you get hit by your day, chances are.. you lack respect.

Strike 3: If you had to post this on nairaland to get opinions, or have the ladies sympathize, abi na empathize with you, well.. no wonder your popsie woaz you correct slap. No love for people who their dirty laundry in public.

Nonetheless, your popsie is a bitch for hitting his wife, your mom, but I think he's more so disappointed that he have raised a pussy for a son. I feel bad for you all.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by vickylala239: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:
It happened this morning oh, was bathing and prepping for work when i heard my dad at the top of his voice, before i knew it i heard mumsy crying, he had slapped her. Am in the same house( Haven't been able to move out yet) and i couldn't just bear my mum crying so i went to my dad to tell him what he did was not right. He is almost 60 and so is his wife, at that age you slap your wife i was trying to use the voice of reason as i was angry but kept my calm (Who wouldn't be angry seeing his/her mum cry?) before i could finish explaining and appealing to him i received from his left hand of righteousness a resounding slap... it got me confused as i didn't know what i did to deserve such. I didn't say anything harsh nor abusive. Am angry but didn't wanna return that slap nor say words I'll regret. I told him I'm moving out and he just lost a son, he replied that i wont be missed. I wanna do something he'll never forget, before i leave, please i need advice as it dented my personality even amongst my younger siblings and neighbors. I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now
pls sincere advice. thanks

U Mst b a kid!! Popsi slap u,u Dey vex wan pack comot.lwkmd!!

do u knw Hw my tyms popsi slap deir sons.lol

Oya move out Na,Cuz of old man slap u wnt to pack,Wait Till army slap u,Dat one u go pack go sambisa forest.

U didn't Evn ask Wat ur mum did,Or u Hv 4gtn WE u hit ur wife Or gf Jst Cuz u saw msg.

Or u Hv NEVA hurt ur wife Or gf Bfr.

Guy Jst park well.

Ur looking for wat to do ur old Rada Cuz of comon slap,Maybe u forgot Hw teachers use to beat u in class does days.n u CULD do Notin.

Nw comon old man slap,u wnt to dance azonto

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
loomer:
You for slap am back na, as u no even know wetn ur mama do at the first place.....

Do you slap women, you better change. angry

What could an elderly woman have done to warrant a slap, shioorr

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:
Ekiti people with funny comment cheesy

artificial white man with their comment against ekiti men grin sup baba
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by paulostickal: 9:33am On Mar 20, 2015
you can not do anything because, your mum may have don't some very bad. Do you think, you Love your mum more than your Father dooooo?
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by idealsico(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2015
I had a similar experience some years back. I stay on my own. I came to spend few days in the family house. A man my dad gave a job to do failed to do it according to specifications, and a quarrel ensued. As the man demanded the balance of the agreed sum, dad got angry. The argument became hot. I was busy in my room. Mum tried to ask my dad to pay him and forget the matter to avoid unnecessary trouble. As mum cornered dad to make the request, dad slapped her, by then the man had left. I heard mum show she was slapped. No other person was there. I was still inside my room. I was so bitter because it was the first time since I was born to ever hear of such slap from dad, yet I did not come out. Thank God other people were not there. I never confronted dad nor consoled mum nor showed I knew. Mum took it calmly and let the matter die naturally. Even though, she knew I was around, she never complained to me and I never asked. They are husband and wife and can always sort themselves, and they did exactly that. Imagine if I had confronted my dad that day. He is much older than 60. If you have your way, go ahead and pack out. Make sure you have counted the cost before you leave. But don't do any thing you will regret. He remains your dad and did not mean to harm you mum.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Ghadafy(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2015
udz:

From ur post, u meant the father can do anything because he is the father. and BTW i grew up with both parents. maybe u are a forever BIG BABY AT HOME. grow up.

Your comprehension is very bad. Maybe you should go and help the op to beat his father. I was brought up and raised well and I will never raise my voice on my parents.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
Guy wink grin
adeekiti:
artificial white man with their comment against ekiti men grin sup baba
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by DonaldGenes(m): 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
PearlO:
Most times u dnt ve to do anyfing....if u cn move out fine, bt if u cnt, ignore him
No mara hw hard a pson is d always ve moments of reflection.....
hez ur father n cudnt possibly mean wot he said.....he'll come around

Nice one....101% upVote
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by loomer: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
fem29:

Do you slap women, you better change. angry

What could an elderly woman have done to warrant a slap, shioorr

HOW I GO SLAP WOMAN, WAT I WAS TRYING TO LET THE GUY KNOW IS, U DON'T CONFRONT AN ANGRY MAN LIKE THAT, ESPECIALLY WHEN U KNOW NOTHIN ABT WHY HE IS ANGRY.....

PLEASE NOTE, THE OP JUST MAKE US UNDERSTAND SAY HIM NO USE HIGH TONE FOR THE PAPA, WHICH MIGHT NOT BE TRUE.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by chucky234(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2015
immaturity and ignorance are no doubt a serious disease, you want to teach your dad a lesson under his roof abi.
Those two have live together for years before and after you were born and have been able to sort their differences without your interference, at 29 you don't know how to relate with your dad. The worst is you shamelessly seeking for advice on nairaland, how dumb can you get huh, you want to teach your dad a lesson why then didn't you summon the courage to return the slap.
Ewu Fulani.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Na you make mistake na...... if I were you,the moment he slapped my mum,he had lost that respect and na as e dey hot I go yarn am scores.... if e do anyhow e sef go collect anyhow... what non-sense!!....

Anyways..... if he has a car,break windscreen and tear the tire..... and tell him you did it! For every slap your mom collects, damage one personal item of his that is precious to him...e go learn quick.

Hahahahaha...lwkm cool shocked shocked

Whoever you are, YOU ARE EVIL grin

How can you give him such advice

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Johnnoo(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2015
@Freest; you didn't do anything then, you don't have to do anything now. That's so wise of you not to retaliate, keep it up man.
As for you dad, I tell you [size=20pt]DO NOTHING[/size]. He will eventually come to you with indirect apologetic talks. Don't turn them down when they come.
Do yourself a favour by parking out of the house. He slapped you because he feels you aren't man enough. If you're financially stable, its time to park. Needless telling him "you just lost a son"

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by falseman(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2015
I have a feeling he gave you a slap of confusion that's why you are left confused. Now listen if you know where his lands are and other properties just look for the documents and begin to sell them one after the other lol... Joking.

My guy moving out of the house won't stop him from slapping your mom again try and find out what actually happened and never make a decision when you are angry. The best you can do is give him a silent treatment then go get your own place

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by udz: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Ghadafy:

Your comprehension is very bad. Maybe you should go and help the op to beat his father. I was brought up and raised well and I will never raise my voice on my parents.

my friend, just forward ur cheek for a slap. u deserve more.

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by madenigga2dcore(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Hey boy/son.. wetin be ya own?wetin concern yu for ya papa/mama problems? na yu marry ya mama 4 am?. and for im house? ok na yu be mediator. children of nowadays. Imagine the effrontery yu had to confront ya dad in anger..yu no get respect? if na some dads..dem 4 disown and curse ya ass oooo. neva fight ya dad or exchange words with him i anger.. remember absalom in the bible who fought his father , yu the story ba...we jst nid to pray for our parent.... talk to him when he is calm, use a playful way to hammer sense into him. be wise

last bullet!!!!!!! , AT UR AGE (LATE 20'S U SHOULD BE OWN YA OWN HABA). NT UNTIL PAPA KUKUMA TELL U NA? dis1 yu de beg for petting mek u come back house nawao shows dat ur still dependent.. If yu move out in anger except u are de only son and yu wan be prodigal son remember say u no get share 4 im property at all be dat. yu must be wise
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by yagbaboy1(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2015
RedBenson:

What things have made it to happen in your own life? People come to net and all claim Obama's and Dangote's children. Lates 20s, and so what? Do you know if he just finished school and never really gain his ground financially?
The main reason he should swallow his pride, shut up and remain in that house till he is independent enough to scare his popsy of moving out. Btw, u sound like someone who thinks without their parents they can't survive
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by finestiyke(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

i didn't get him angry as he was angry before i even got there. I only went to appeal to him. by the way am more angrier and wanna move out today. But need to teach him a moral lesson before leaving hence d need for this advice

Move out na, at your age you're still parasitizing. Stop disturbing us and do the needful
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2015
Try get some reasonable source of income and rent an apartment, then move out. I know its not easy but let that slap ginger you to work hard and get out of the house.U should be out of parents house if u in ur late twenties as claimed. If u can , u can escalate to his close family member. Dont be in a hurry to do anything rash. I feel u.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by chucky234(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
vickylala239:

U Mst b a kid!! Popsi slap u,u Dey vex wan pack comot.lwkmd!!

do u knw Hw my tyms popsi slap deir sons.lol

Oya move out Na,Cuz of old man slap u wnt to pack,Wait Till army slap u,Dat one u go pack go sambisa forest.

U didn't Evn ask Wat ur mum did,Or u Hv 4gtn WE u hit ur wife Or gf Jst Cuz u saw msg.

Or u Hv NEVA hurt ur wife Or gf Bfr.

Guy Jst park well.

Ur looking for wat to do ur old Rada Cuz of comon slap,Maybe u forgot Hw teachers use to beat u in class does days.n u CULD do Notin.

Nw comon old man slap,u wnt to dance azonto

Don't mind that kid jare
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Bloggz74(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
eleko1:
sad cool that is good for U.Why do u rush to confront ur dad without asking ur mum why she was slapped.He gave u dat resounding slap cos he see U as taking side with ur mama.Ur mum probably say something that warrant her being slapped(I dnt support woman battered)Ur best bet now is to settle the issue/misunderstanding between them not rushing/park out.

The way our advice comes is funy.this s a serious and sincear issue not ment for mockry.
Firstly men shuld knw that wife battering is never justified nomata d offence so quit supporting the wife beater for anyreason.
Meanwhile my young man don't act in anger. U r in a hurry to leave even without solving the issue at stake that's wrong.
Find out wat happend from ur dad,u r the solution els ur mum will never be better!
Leaving the house is rebellious to an authority which is ur dad.I knw he's not proud of wat he did but with time he will show remourse!
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by sorepco(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2015
dont move out yet if you cant afford to. your dad even said you wont be missed...so thread carefully, my guy. i am glad you did not let the devil allow you to lay your hands on your dad!! that would have now been the topic utmost in everyone's lips..that you thrashed your father and due to that bla blah blah. anyways, in such situations ext time; ascertain what the issue is before asking him why he beat your mum. did she cheat? did she take the money he kept in his room? did she visit his sworn enemy? has he ever beaten her before? is your mum the stubborn type?
next time, like i said earlier try to keep off their matter (unless he is beating her contineously)

I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now
pls sincere advice. thanks[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / My Pregnant Ex Girlfriend Has Refused My Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.