Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Are We The New Chosen People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We The New Chosen People (1119 Views)

Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) / The Pain Caused By God's So Called 'chosen People' - Warning disturbing videos / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We The New Chosen People by KnowAll(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2009
Like the isrealites of the old testament are we the mordern day Chosen People

On my recent few trips to Nigeria, I noticed the proliferation of Churhes in every nook and corner, I know some people we come out and start saying that churches are industry in its own right in Nigeria today. I think it is a worthwhile development, I think it is necessary we do not lose sight of the central essence of the Gospel which is to win souls for the lord. The fact a pastor mis-appropiate church funds is something that the pastor will have to answer in the day of judgement. I think we Nigerians should be proud that we have direct line with the lord.
Reason for my summations are the followings :

1. Remember General Sani Abacha he was a brutal dictator, I have been informed by reliable source he died because very strong christains prayed and fasted for 40 days praying for change in the country. The result Abacha went to bed never to wake up again. Christains in Nigeria continue to put your faith in God. With faith we as christains can move mountains. See what is happening in Zimbabwe, the people should go on there knees and pray for salvation.

2. The man that rose from the dead, the death of that pastor in Onitsha, was well documented, 3 doctors confirmed he was dead, his body was taken all over the place for 3 days and on the 3rd day he rose back to life in Raihman bonker's crusade. I am not argueing for or against whether it happened, the fact is, it is still the best example of mordern day resurection till date.

3. Pastor Ashiomolowo's church in England has the largest congregation in Europe.

4. The Nigerian branch of the Anglican church has broken ranks with its parent church in England. The reason been churches in england and american beleifs in having gay bishops. This view is un-acceptable to Nigerian bishops we follow the word of the bible not political correctness.

5. I read an article in which the world bank said Nigerians economy defiles economic theory. The economy of Nigeria should have collasped long time ago with spate of corruption taken place there, but for His grace we are weathering the storm we thank God for that.

There are more points but I want others to contribute to this Good thing that is happening in our Country[b][/b]
Re: Are We The New Chosen People by Recognise: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2009
deleted
Re: Are We The New Chosen People by reindeer: 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2009
duh?
Re: Are We The New Chosen People by bindex(m): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
KnowAll:

Like the isrealites of the old testament are we the mordern day Chosen People

On my recent few trips to Nigeria, I noticed the proliferation of Churhes in every nook and corner, I know some people we come out and start saying that churches are industry in its own right in Nigeria today. I think it is a worthwhile development, I think it is necessary we do not lose sight of the central essence of the Gospel which is to win souls for the lord. The fact a pastor mis-appropiate church funds is something that the pastor will have to  answer in the day of judgement. I think we Nigerians should be proud that we have direct line with the lord.
Reason for my summations are the followings :
[i]
1. Remember General Sani Abacha he was a brutal dictator, I have been informed by reliable source he died because very strong christains prayed and fasted for 40 days praying for change in the country. The result Abacha went to bed never to wake up again. Christians in Nigeria continue to put your faith in God. With faith we as christains can move mountains. See what is happening in Zimbabwe, the people should go on there knees and pray for salvation.

Is this a joke or what? during Abacha's regime Nigerians had electricity but today Nigerians are with out electricity, in fact power generation has never been at this low level ever. Christians in Nigeria have continued to put their trust in God and what have they gotten in return? How have the trust Nigerians have in their Gods helped the country? How has it helped in reducing the very high cases of armed robbery, disease, poor level of education, very high rate of road accidents, niger delta crisis, poverty, unemployment, premature death, lack of value for human life and the current state and cesspool that has become Nigeria? Do you think prayers alone can change Zimbabwe? There is a country called Sweden where 80 percent of the people living in that country do not believe in any God or Gods, they never pray and yet they have one of the best countries on earth.

2. The man that rose from the dead, the death of that pastor in Onitsha, was well documented, 3 doctors confirmed he was dead, his body was taken all over the place for 3 days and on the 3rd day he rose back to life in Raihman bonker's crusade. I am not argueing for or against whether it happened, the fact is,  it is still the best example of mordern day resurection till date.

This is a BIG lie no doctor ever confirmed that he ever died. Are you serious by your comments of not arguing if it really happened or not? Modern day ressurection? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A Tale of Lies, Deceit, and Fraud.

On March 6th I was in the southern Nigeria City of Onitsha to investigate the 21st century resurrection story. I arrived in Onitsha by 9:00 a.m., Nigerian time. I went straight to the Church of God Mission International, a gigantic cathedral located along Nkisi Road.

When I arrived at the church, none of the pastors was around. I was asked to wait. About two hours later I met one of the ministers who introduced himself as Pastor Barth. He refused to discuss the matter of the supposed resurrection with me. Instead, he advised me to wait until the pastor in charge arrived.

Two hours later I was ushered into an office where Pastor Barth and the minister in charge of relations, Pastor Paul, were seated. I informed them of my mission. Pastor Paul said that the story is true, and that the whole episode was recorded on videotape. I wanted to purchase the tape, but they said that the people in charge were not around!

I then asked to see and meet with the modern-day Lazarus, Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu. Pastor Paul gave me directions to his home at Osuma Lane, along Awka Road in Onitsha. Before leaving, however, Pastor Paul brought me what he said was the photo of Daniel when he was in the mortuary. I asked him to give me a copy of the photo, but he refused, saying that it was the only copy they had!

I mounted a motorbike and left for Osuma Lane. Upon arriving there I inquired as to where I could find the house of the man that was resurrected from the dead. In very little time I was directed to the place. Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu was not at home, however. The family members said that he had gone to Lagos so that the charismatic evangelist Reinhard Bonnke could take him abroad.

In any case, they received me very well. They invited me into their living room and narrated the whole story again. They showed me several photos of Daniel when he was in the mortuary, on his supposed day of resurrection, and so forth. After much pleading and persuasion, they gave me the photo with Daniel in the mortuary.

Before I left the house, I called the younger brother of Daniel, Mr. Kingsley Ekechukwu, whom was reportedly involved in the auto crash that had injured Daniel. I asked him to tell me exactly what happened. Kingsley told me that after the auto crash, Daniel had been taken to Charles Borromeo Hospital—a popular clinic in Onitsha. While there, Daniel had complained of “spiritual attacks,” and requested that he be transferred to a private clinic in Owerri, which is about 80 kilometers from Onitsha.

On their way to Owerri that Friday, Kingsley said, Daniel stopped breathing. Upon their arrival at the clinic, the doctor advised them to take Daniel’s body to the hospital. His body was deposited in a local mortuary on that same day. Kingsley informed me that on Saturday night, Daniel’s wife, Nneka, had a dream and was instructed to take Daniel’s body to the Rev. Bonnke, who was then visiting Onitsha for prayers. Kingsley said that he had had a similar dream.

The following Sunday they had gone to collect Daniel’s body. At the mortuary, Kingsley said the mortician was complaining that Daniel had been disturbing him and had not allowed him to sleep for two days. The mortician had related that on the night that Daniel’s body had been deposited in the morgue, he heard people singing. When he went to investigate, however, the singing stopped.

Kingsley further stated that on Saturday night something pushed him and caused him to hit his head on the wall as he attempted to embalm Daniel’s body. For this reason, he did not embalm Daniel’s corpse. According to Kingsley, they transported Daniel’s body to Bonnke’s meeting in Onitsha that Sunday. There, Daniel was revived during a prayer session. To confirm what he had said earlier, I asked Kingsley if Daniel’s body had been injected with embalming fluid. He answered, “no!”
Personally, I do not believe that Daniel Ekechukwu ever died. First, Kingsley confirmed that Daniel’s body had not been injected with embalming fluid. According to medical experts I interviewed, however, a corpse should have a strong odor and the abdomen should be swollen after three days if it is not embalmed. Judging from the photo of Daniel when he was said to have been at the mortuary, and according to the testimony of his brother, this was not the case,

Second, it is unlikely that any doctor certified Daniel’s death at Owerri. Third, it is hard to believe the actions that supposedly transpired after Daniel’s request to be transferred. It all sounds like a mishmash of lies and fantasies.

Background Information and Comments

It must be noted that in Nigeria today, much supposedly transpires through faith healing and miracles. Nigerians have a voracious appetite for religious and supernatural nonsense. Pastors will especially go to any length—ritual killings, murder, and sacrifice—to prove their calling, power, and mandate. Many Nigerian pastors claim that they can cure HIV/AIDS and other incurable diseases. People take part in arranged confessions. HIV patients, after prayer sessions, alter their medical reports to reflect that they are negative. Those who claim to be possessed by demons wiggle and throw themselves on the ground during religious revivals. Holy mountains and adoration grounds are springing up daily. Nigerians troop to these places to hear messages from God through the mouths of people of questionable mental health. There is much dishonesty, fraud, and deception in the land.

The case of Daniel Ekechukwu, however, is an unprecedented one. None of the Nigerian religious maniacs has gone to the extent of claiming to have risen—or to have been raised—from the dead. That is just a pathetic symptom of the extent to which Nigerians have fallen in terms of religious madness, gullibility, and simplemindedness. After all, common sense tells us that no one comes back from the dead, the folktales of Jesus and Lazarus notwithstanding.

Some Nigerians are wondering why an evangelist of the caliber of Reinhard Bonnke would decide to associate himself with this dubious and fraudulent story. Why would Bonnke, who calls himself a man of God, go so far as to lie to the world by claiming that Daniel Ekechukwu was injected with embalming fluid? Moreover, if the Rev. Bonnke thinks he has the power to resurrect people from the dead, why did he not revive the hundreds of Christians that were massacred in Kano in 1991 following his visit to that city? Why did he not bring back to life several Nigerians who were trampled to death during his crusades in Benin and Abeokuta?

One thing is certain. All efforts must be made to promote skepticism, rationalism, and free thought in Nigeria. Nigerians—like other Africans—need more science, reason, and free inquiry. We welcome assistance from Western members of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP), and other interested organizations. 

http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/aah/igwe_11_3.htm

3. Pastor Ashiomolowo's church in England has the largest congregation in Europe.

Most of the people that attend his church are Nigerians, going to church has become a culture amongst Nigerians. Back when I was in Sweden Nigerians always went to church.

4. The Nigerian branch of the Anglican church has broken ranks with its parent church in England. The reason been churches in england and american beleifs in having gay bishops. This view is un-acceptable to Nigerian bishops we follow the word of the bible not political correctness. 

The Anglican Church was created by an English king for his people because the catholic church will not allow him divorce his wife. Can't you see the word Anglo inside what has that got to do with Nigeria? Nigerians do not accept gays and lesbians but they accept killing each other in the name of religion.

5. I read an article in which the world bank said Nigerians economy defiles economic theory. The economy of Nigeria should have collasped long time ago with spate of corruption taken place there, but for His grace we are weathering the storm we thank God for that.

Is this a joke or what? and how is Nigeria's economy doing? The Nigeria economy has been in comatose for the past 20 years. By the way this drivel of yours are the assertions of an uneducated person I must say.
Re: Are We The New Chosen People by Image123(m): 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2009
@bindex
that your copy and paste I must say is a 'mishmash of lies'. I'm sure as a rational person,you properly verified the story in which you put your little faith.
@poster
We are not 'the chosen ones'.There's nothing like that in the bible.The chosen ones are all who have been born of God whether gentile or jew.
Re: Are We The New Chosen People by bindex(m): 12:01am On Jan 19, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
that your copy and paste I must say is a 'mishmash of lies'. I'm sure as a rational person,you properly verified the story in which you put your little faith.

Mishmash of what lies? Can you give me the names of the doctors that confirmed the guys death? Its a fact that the guy was not embalmed why did  Bonnke, who calls himself a man of God, go so far as to lie to the world by claiming that Daniel Ekechukwu was injected with embalming fluid?  Why did Rev Bonnke not bring back to life several Nigerians who were trampled to death during his crusades in Benin and Abeokuta? Can he ever claim to have raised the dead in his native Germany?
Re: Are We The New Chosen People by Image123(m): 12:25am On Jan 19, 2009
Bonke doesn't work miracles. Its God that works miracles through him.and it is appointed to man once to die,after this the judgement.God doesn't go about raising people from the dead for bindex's fancy.He's not a magician.raising people from the dead are/not priority.Its a miracle of mercy to be given such a rare second chance.I wonder why you barely even acknowledge that the man was 'miraculously raised from your beloved coma'.everything else has to be true to you except God.you go and do your personal research on the matter.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Shari'a-(Senator Yerima) Marries a 13 Year Old Egyptian. These Muslims Self / Repent Or Perish / 10 Cases Of "pious" Ra.pe In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.