Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. (8455 Views)

Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed / Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets / Why We Can’t Release Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – Code Of Conduct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by daddynasa: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
criminalmindz:
ANOTHER APC LIE. OP WE KNOW YOU MADE THIS LETTER @ CHOBA CAMPUS BUSINESS CENTRE. SEE AS THE TYPING BEND. I KNOW THE GIRL E DO THIS WORK, HER NAME IS JENNIFER
my guy my guy e b like say u kpon today o? hw market
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by GeneralBosco: 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
firstEVA:
you will be ruled by Buhari deal with it #babawhenyougetthere, give this broke guy a job to make his life worthwhile and ease his frustrations.
Stop replying that dimwit please.

1 Like

Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by TheOtherview: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
ideology:
They should also write to fashola to furnish lagosians, with cost of all contracts awarded in his tenure.

Am beginning to dislike Nigeria as a country.

I don't remember the creator creating a place called Nigeria anyway

Stop conflating issues, it is a sign of petulance.

List of contracts awarded by the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency -- http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/awarded-contracts
Lagos State Government State Tenders boards -- http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/index.php?page=approvedcontracts
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by ideology(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
TheOtherview:

Stop conflating issues, it is a sign of petulance.

List of contracts awarded by the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency -- http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/awarded-contracts
Bro, why is LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT against FOI??
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by TheOtherview: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
ideology:

Bro, why is LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT against FOI??

Yet again, you are conflating issues - in the hope that mud will stick grin
Why don't you stick to one topic at a time?

By the way - is the FGN any better than LASG, in its adherence to the spirit of FOI?

UPDATE ON FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
Submitted by Africa Network for Environm... on Thu, 2013-05-16 15:04

By Kelly Ovie Umukoro.

On May 24, 2011 the Freedom of Information Bill was finally assented to by the president. The bill had earlier been passed by both the Federal House of representatives and the Senate. Till date, the Freedom of Information Act is yet to receive the expected attention from Nigerians in the thirty- six States of the federation. At the last count, only Ekiti and has adopted the FoI Act. The governor of Kogi State is yet to assent the bill passed by the State House of Assembly why lagos state on the other hand has is own vision of the Act.

The Freedom of Information Act, 2011 is supposed to make public records and information readily available, provide for public access to public records and information, protect public records and information to the extent consistent with the public interest and the protection of personal privacy, protect serving public officers from adverse consequences for disclosing certain kind of official information without authorization and establishment procedures for the achievement of those purpose and other related matters.

The bill which was designed to curb corruption in our public institutions is still very unknown to many Nigerians . Media practitioners and Civil Society have in few occasions tested the Act, but the CSOs have several times met with brickwall. An instance is the effort in using the bill to obtain information relating to the Oil windfall allegedly misappropriated by the Ibrahim Babangida military administration from the Federal Government.

Although civil society groups in the country are still working very hard to see that other states domesticate the freedom of information Act, workshops and orientation seminars has been organised across the country but, the level of awareness is still very low in some quarters.

Some experts believe that Nigeria’s Freedom of Information Act does not need to be adopted by the states in the country before it becomes effective for purposes of disclosures at the state level.
This clarification was coming against the backdrop of some misconceptions that states of the federation need to adopt the FoI Act before it becomes binding on them. Lagos and Ekiti states have gone ahead to enact their own versions of the Freedom of Information Act.

The experts pointed out that this step was ‘unnecessary and diversionary’ explaining that ‘the concept of domestication applies in its strictest sense to the ratification of international treaties by state parties. they said it was in such instance that such state parties being sovereign entities would need to adopt the principles of such treaties and include same in their domestic body of laws. The FoI Act on its part is already an Act, enacted by the national Parliament and is thus by virtue binding on all citizens and institutions in the country and in cases of clash the law states that federal laws take prominence.’

They also expressed fear over the supposed requirement of domestication of the Freedom of Information Act before it becomes effective in the states saying that this may to a large extent defeat the purpose of the law. ‘In the first instance, getting the states of the federation to domesticate the Act may take another 13 years or more, if this line of argument is to be pursued.
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by ideology(m): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
TheOtherview:

Yet again, you are conflating issues grin

My dear, is it true or false.
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by TheOtherview: 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
ideology:

My dear, is it true or false.

I have not the time nor the wherewithal for circuitous debates.
You either learn to engage with a particular subject without vaunting all over the place, or await the arrival of co-travellers who post to amuse themselves.

...Got absolutely time for those who constantly post off-topic.
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by ideology(m): 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
TheOtherview:

Yet again, you are conflating issues - in the hope that mud will stick grin
Why don't you stick to one topic at a time?

By the way - is the FGN any better than LASG, in its adherence to the spirit of FOI?

firstly your submission has no source.
Then I don't rely on Nigerian tabloids for credible information, what you read on papers are most times not realities, the editors do their jobs based on their paymasters
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by EvilBrain1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
myhoodlink:

You've started with this your "credibility and not credential" sermon again. May God help Nigeria. We're here not to quarrel but to state facts. That we don't support one candidate should make us enemies. You can work on yourself to accept everyone as part of the Nigeria project. I am extending my hand of fellowship to you to accept GEJ for continuity. We will all work for a credible young northern candidate in 2019. Thanks even as you consider my offer.

Thanks, but no thanks. From what I've seen of this administration, there is nothing that can convince me to support them. Enough is enough. Let Jonthan and future politicians learn the hard way that you need to keep the people happy if you want their support. After this election, no Nigerian president will ever go for a birthday party hours after over 50 children are murdered in one of his schools. No president will ever take 3 weeks to respond to the kidnapping of over 200 schoolgirls. No president will ever go dancing at a rally hours after a massive bomb blast. No president will ever tell his people that he "doesnt give a damn" when they ask him to declare his assets. No president willbever ask for a new private jet during a time austerity

Sometimes the only way to teach someone is with koboko. An Jonathan and co are going to learn a hard learn by force next week, they cannot escape.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 21, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Thats not what he told us and not what he put on his INEC form. He claimed he had a proper degree. A PhD isnt required to run for president, but if he's been lying to his employers, the Nigerian people, we have a right to know. Perjury is still a crime in this country.

Nonsense! One of the duties of certifying authorities is to confirm the credentials of credible people and to idrntify liars and fraudsters. If you hire a graduate that cant speak English, should you not be able to verify his degree? If you suspect that your doctor is a quack, can the school he's claiming use privacy as an excuse to refuse to verify or disclaim him?

When Salisu Buhari was claiming University of Toronto, the school didn't hesitate to deny him when asked. When Tinubu had his own certificate problem, the University of Chicago disclaimed him, and Chicago State University later verified his degree. Because that is a basic duty of any degree awarding institution. Thats how we know Gen Buhari passed GCE even without any kpali, the certifying institution has verified him

It is sad that a whole president would embarass himself and his country like this when his masters degree was already more than enough. Its even sadder that people are supporting him for doing it. By forcing them to cover for him, GEJ is damaging the credibility of the University of Port Harcourt and devaluing the certificates of everyone who went there. If you ever travel and they doubt your qualifications, theyre going to say that your school covers up for certificate fraudsters so maybe theyre also covering for you.

But in Nigeria, being a big man covers all sins.

engagement of universities for evidence of certificates is a regular occurence in nigeria. its a standard given the proliferation of fake certificates.

for me, i am already looking at any potential job candidate from uniport with suspicion.

1 Like

Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Alphaoscar: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2015
oyb:

engagement of universities for evidence of certificates is a regular occurence in nigeria. its a standard given the proliferation of fake certificates.

for me, i am already looking at any potential job candidate from uniport with suspicion.

GEJ (uniport PHD) and PEJ (Uniport Masters) are really giving that school a very bad name and one will always continue to wonder if those two so-called Alumni of Uniport truly pass through the school and the school pass through them.

1 Like

Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Prince047(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2015
firstEVA:
How can a PHD holder say stealing is not corruption? It's not possible, Jona start packing your bags, we are kicking you away from Aso Rock next weekend.

Lol Mademoiselle longest time.

I see you are as anti-Jonathan as we come cheesy
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Belovedd: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2015
firstEVA:
How can a PHD holder say stealing is not corruption? It's not possible, Jona start packing your bags, we are kicking you away from Aso Rock next weekend.
Does ur dictionary include stealing as corruption? A diff section of d law that handles stealing while another handles corruption
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 21, 2015
Prince047:

Lol Mademoiselle longest time.

I see you are as anti-Jonathan as we come cheesy
cheesy longest time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Belovedd:

Does ur dictionary include stealing as corruption? A diff section of d law that handles stealing while another handles corruption
the ICPC act covers corruption and corruption was defined to include cases like stealing. Your argument is very pedestrian, I can understand your case, but for a president to tow your line of reasoning is unpardonable.
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by sam13(m): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

GEJ is a certified Phd Holder while Buhari is a...
[size=15pt]CERTIFICATELESS ILLITERATE[/size]

Evidence to back up your case pleaaaaase
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by selectedhero(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2015
firstEVA:
where is the proof he has a PHD? Someone that cannot speak simple and correct English " how much did Jim Nwobodo stole "
AT LEAST THAT IS BETTER THAN "ALL PROGRESSIVE CONFIDENCE"
#IAMFORGEJ
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Prince047(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
firstEVA:
cheesy longest time.

Your number is switched off. Perhaps your busy.
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
Prince047:

Your number is switched off. Perhaps your busy.
i dont use those lines anymore, how u doing?
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Prince047(m): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
firstEVA:
i dont use those lines anymore, how u doing?

Oh ok. Fine thanks. angry cheesy

Hope you good.
Re: Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
Prince047:

Oh ok. Fine thanks. I miss the sweet soothing voice. I wanted it to massage me this afternoon. angry cheesy

Hope you good.
cheesy
Very fine thanks wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace / Saraki To Declare Public Hearing On Petroleum Bill / Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.