Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan (19846 Views)

Toolz: ‘Please Leave Me And My Womb Alone’ / Basketmouth To Jonathan: I Apologize For Disrespecting You / Nobody Should Celebrate Buhari- Etcetera Writes In New Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Hottestdaniel(m): 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
Article from singer turned writer, Etcetera. Read below...

Once again, Nollywood and President Jonathan are disconnected from the priorities of Nigerians. Millions are hungry and the country is headed off a cliff and what we get is the President having weekly dinner with celebs at Eko Hotel. Mr. President should know that all entertainers in the country won’t amount to a spoon of water in the bucket of our population. I agree that our entertainers judging by recent behaviour are now seen as hungry men and women with insatiable appetite, but Mr. President, the larger part of the society are equally hungry and should be fed as well. Why feed just the entertainers? Isn’t that discrimination?

What will the entertainers say to Jonathan except the usual lies and half truths? Can a man with a mouthful of undeserved food speak or say the truth? An assessment of the lifestyle of these entertainers gives a false picture of the situation of things as it affects the society at large. I got your invite for the first dinner which held at Eko Hotel and I boycotted it because I felt that any event by the government at this point in time should be about reassuring the people that the government feels their pains deeply with promises of working tirelessly to bring an end to the underlying causes of such situations in this country, not getting together to eat small chops and samosa while most Nigerians are languishing. It was very embarrassing waking up the next morning to see our shameless celebrities posing with their invites on social media which invariably means they are telling their fans and the masses who brought them to fame that they are enjoying the good life and everyone else can go to hell.

One entertainer jokingly asked why the President is having these dinners with (the same set of) celebs all the time. I wanted to attribute it to youth empowerment but on a second thought, If Mr. President has a genuine interest in youth empowerment, hosting a few entertainers doesn’t cut across as empowering the youth. I think Mr. President has been wrongly advised that entertainers can be used to influence the Nigerian youths and electorate. These entertainers can’t influence votes within their families.

Another thing is, if Mr. President must have an interactive session with entertainers, he should consider a larger representation of entertainers from all parts of the country, not just those who ply their trade in the south. It will seem to most people that Mr. President is only interested in entertainers from the south. It is called the Nigerian entertainment industry not the South South and South East entertainment industry.

Has Mr. President taken over responsibilities of the Lagos State governor because he currently seems to enjoy greater visibility in the state than the governor and these visits come with a heavy cost to the state in terms of lost man hours caused by traffic along the routes to the event venue. Streets are usually cordoned off by security personnel and a strange difficulty to use mobile phones in such areas, possibly because of the deployment of radio signal jamming devices by the operatives on guard in those areas.

Residents of Lagos shouldn’t go through this because their President is in town. I’ll love to tell Mr. President that service, not celebrities, delivers votes.

SOURCE:http://hottestdaniel..com/2015/03/mr-president-please-leave-entertainers.html

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by tp10: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
first, mr jonathan and madam patience know more of entertainment than governance so you can understand.

the bigger shame is that on the day the clueless president was raising his leg dancing, about 90 people had just been murdered in benue.

please

vote for

change

193 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by WisdomFlakes: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
See finishing grin grin grin grin

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Hottestdaniel(m): 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
yeah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
If GEJ supporters had records as abysmal as GEJ's on their jobs, most of them would be out of job. And that's even if they had one in the first place.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by stan241(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
For once just this one time he has managed to make actual sense...I know the paid folks will say he's vexing cus he wasn't invited but like i mentioned on another thread regarding this issues these so called celebs don't inspire "jack"..a lot of them are mere businessmen making money off the jamboree the president seems to be going on...again the presidents advisers are his worst enemies

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Ishilove: 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Caustic!!! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by heywhytech1(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Well structured and concise, let this serve GEJ right, entertainers can not influence a single frustrated Nigerian. This election is a form of movemrnt , Nigerians are now wiser. I can bet it, most entertainers will not even vote for GEJ because most are also affected by this bad economy policy and clueless of GEJ. Who no want constant electricity, good road, better housing policy, portable pipe-born water , better health care and enabling environment for business to strive. GEJ if you like share all the money in the treasury also give your wife out as a gift , rational Nigerians has decided to embrace change. Power must change hand this time around is not business as usual.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by nollyway(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Bad belle! undecided undecided
IS ALLOWED

5 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by armadeo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
who is that huge dreadlocked guy raising one foot.

Back to topic, it seems the president is in a desperate bid to win over votes but as i always say its one man one vote. Even my boss cant tell me who to vote for ( am voting against his party by the way tongue tongue). The usual Nigerian pattern when the cows teats are over flowing with milk those who are around get to drink for free.

imagine an entertainer coming out to tell me who to vote for e dey crase abi i no get sense?

on the other hand a lot of unfortunate/ misfortuned crowd followers may be fooled by this gimmick.

all i know is march 28 is one week away and it would come and go
Nigeria will remain.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Jona d Desperado!

NB: d poster below me is a, "what d u call it?", a BAD BELLE, buh it's allowed... Duuuuh tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Adyrin(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Who is ETC...?

4 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Bonapart(m): 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Thunder fire etcetera. Who told him is a star. Notice me kill you. Because you were not recognise you're trying to gain recognition by all means

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ishilove:
Caustic!!! cheesy

Please a new wooing thread has been created on romance section smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by steppin: 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Etcetera abi etc is unhappy because he didn't get any kobo.
Work hard and become an A list celebrity, maybe someone might remember you.
Notice mi!

6 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by ibietela2(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Airforce1(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by TI1919(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by apholaryn: 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
lol

1 Like

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
armadeo:
who is that huge dreadlocked guy raising one foot

Looks like Ras Kimono.....

On the subject....good article....and good point about Mr President meeting only Southern entertainers. The North too has some good entertainers as well....

A lot of good points made....and I hope people are listening.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by bigv(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
I never really did like Omotola Ekehinde. However, the way she distanced herself from all the shenanigans of this 2015 elections has endeared my liking for Her.
The way these entertainers loose their respect and dignity over money and "hand-shake" is perturbing.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by holyokoto(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Tired of this Celebrity who called himself president

16 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
GEJ won't read this... Thanks for writing tho.

4 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Adyrin(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Keep seeking attention you hear mr Etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by sureboykris(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
He who fails to plan, plans to fail. Mr president your time is up

6 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by ayusco85(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
Desperation

6 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
टकचटकपटकतकचबेटफ
Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by sexyjob(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
What is he saying, I guess the bro Jo team omitted his name.
Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
The entertainers are collecting their own share of the national cake. He made a lot of sense this time with his write up

3 Likes

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by Saheed9: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
Etcetera finally writes with his brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr President, Please Leave Entertainers Alone' - Etcetera Writes To Jonathan by dharay99: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2015
nice job, singer turn writer.

Tho he is ryt sha. wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daily Times Photo Editor’s Car Burgled At Event, Many Celebs' Photos Carted Away / Psquare's Lola Omatayo And Wizkid's Tani Omotayo Are Blood Sisters (LOOK) / Chinedu Ikedieze And Charles Inojie Pose For A Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.