Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH (72207 Views)

Breakdown Of $6.9billion Paris Club Refund To 36 States, FCT (snapshots) / If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2015
lato2:
Niger is not 50/50 o...its gonna be a landslide for Buhari

IBB and Abubakar might want to disagree with you there. It is as Punch says...close to call.(although personally I give it to APC).
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 22, 2015
stillwendy:
I can't wait for Saturday night/Sunday morning...rivers state vote for peterside dankuku...wike is a big corrupt thief...#GMBonSaturday

PDP may still sweep Rivers. On the other hand....it might be Governor Peterside...with a PDP dominated state Assembly

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by atlwireles: 11:06am On Mar 22, 2015
Punch is an arm of the APC media outlets. Good PR job for their party. Just don't cry rigging after March 28th.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Tinyemeka(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2015
I was energized after reading the first few states and had wanted to remark on how slanted I perceived the Punch article to be.

But seeing how aggravating and inconsequential most comments here on NL are (much like the quantum of value, your number of likes would add to your bank account or number of soup pots in your freezer), I'll simply just yawn, re-adjust my trouser, close this window and move on to the next topic on FP. undecided

Active Nigerian politics are for people who made 3rd class or escaped with a narrow 2.2 in school. If you doubt me, ask Prof Pat Utomi.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by atlwireles: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

PDP may still sweep Rivers. On the other hand....it might be Governor Peterside...with a PDP dominated state Assembly

In what universe?
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by grabs(m): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2015
I see a lot of APC folks committing suicide or joining Boko Haram when the results of the presidential polls will be released.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 22, 2015
atlwireles:
Punch is an arm of the APC media outlets. Good PR job for their party. Just don't cry rigging after March 28th.

It is a prediction....not the election!

Personally....I would give PDP SS and SE...with Benue, Nass , taraba ,Kogi and FCT....While APC gets the rest of the North(exceptions to come), with the SW(Except Ekiti...and 50/50 Lagos)....with states like Kaduna, Niger, Gombe ,Kwara and adamawa being the decider states.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2015
atlwireles:

In what universe?

Note i said ''either''. I expect PDP to win rivers....but incumbency from Amaechi might gove the governorship to Peterside.(emphasis on ''may'').

Similar example....Nassarawa 2011....CPC governor....PDP assembly.(PDP Nass was divided at the time).
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2015
appini:
Punch failed to add Bayelsa state to Buhari's stronghold in their dreamland.

Oyegun in Edo state is well known as a conman without no political value.

For your information, Edo, Rivers, Imo, Ogun will fall for the PDP.

Pls edo state is where the chairman of apc hails from he definitely will deliver his state. Also the incubent governor of edo is an apc memeber so I doubt edo. I also doubt ogun as well. No kashumi and bankole r nobody. Obj is also against gej.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by atlwireles: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

It is a prediction....not the election!

Personally....I would give PDP SS and SE...with Benue, Nass , taraba ,Kogi and FCT....While APC gets the rest of the North(exceptions to come), with the SW(Except Ekiti...and 50/50 Lagos)....with states like Kaduna, Niger, Gombe ,Kwara and adamawa being the decider states.

I was referring to your Peterside comments. BUhari has a better chance of winning Rivers state, than Peterside ever becoming gov of rivers.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by eaccyboy(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2015
Wht a pity for APC n its supporters..God forbid that sick man win

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Bolade005: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2015
Mynd44:

Yes GEJ will win Ogun, Oyo and Lagos
Are you being sarcastic?

GEJ could win Oyo, even this I doubt but don't ever be a part of people thinking GEJ will win Lagos and Ogun State. In Ogun State, BUHARI is more popular than our state governor, Amosun. It you doubt this, come down here and see things for yourself. Ogun is a done deal for the General.

And for you to think any other party can win Lagos when Tinubu is still very much alive and with the landmark achievements recorded by Fasola, bro, U've been sleeping. Forget what you read on the pages of newspapers, Lagos will forever be APC unless Tinubu forms another party in the future.

Sai Buhari.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by fboycaestro(m): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2015
taharqa:
Punch been an official APC newspaper, what other predictions do we expect from then.

But what really got me laughing is the claim in this hacked job if an article that over a million people came to welcome Buhari in Motion Hill when he came to campaign in Oyo.

I mean, must you openly lie in other to push an agenda, APC??

Baba no cry.....its just 6 more days

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by modupe1988: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2015
appini:

This should be in your widest dream I guess?
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by iykbethany(m): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2015
Let the best candidate win, am not ready to die for any politician bc they are all the same. Anybody that thinks any politician is coming to change anything is only deceiving himself. These guys only need us now that they want our votes, once in power they dont care.

The only thing they are coming to change is the fortunes of their families and cronies... Again, let the best candidate win.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 22, 2015
kristen12:

Hey! Pls!! That's what I think, say yours and GTF.
wink grin smiley
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by LastProphet: 11:19am On Mar 22, 2015
appini:

And Jonathan will be lucky if he gets 30% in Kogi where I come from, quote me, dont forget, I say quote me after next week

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by lato2(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2015
My bro...Abubakar and IBB have no say here o...the big eyeballs Governor have damged PDP. You can ask anyone who lives in Niger[quote author=bushdoc9919 post=31879203.
IBB and Abubakar might want to disagree with you there. It is as Punch says...close to call.(although personally I give it to APC).[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by owobokiri(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2015
This is how journalists end up arraigned for coup plotting. Punch is trying to rig an election that is yet to be held and you lot are egging them on. . A highly tribal Punch media house has a dog in this game and has been consistently churning out junk story lines to further the atrocious APC agenda. This is bad journalism at its worst and is tantamount to treasonable coup plotting. .
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by sam90s(m): 11:22am On Mar 22, 2015
Just some opinion piece, expecting some kind of survey, I could get my self a cup of coffee right now and turn one in like this here, I was misled and someone will pay cry
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by SurePresident: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2015
Interesting, by March 28.... In another news, your sincere advice is needed on a must read thread, here: https://www.nairaland.com/2209821/urgent-advice-needed#31879302
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by EcoTerror: 11:24am On Mar 22, 2015
Gej will win in most of these states and GMB ll form a parallel govt on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by podosci(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2015
taharqa:
Punch been an official APC newspaper, what other predictions do we expect from then.

But what really got me laughing is the claim in this hacked job if an article that over a million people came to welcome Buhari in Motion Hill when he came to campaign in Oyo.

I mean, must you openly lie in other to push an agenda, APC??
AIT did an online pole where Buhari won, Are they also APC?
This are just analysis, Till D-Day before we would know for sure. May the best man win and may Nigerians not result to violence no matter who wins

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 22, 2015
Mynd44:

Yes GEJ will win Ogun, Oyo and Lagos
Guy wake up

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Jimmyo3(m): 11:26am On Mar 22, 2015
Jega massively reduced voting strength in the south by not printing voters card 4 majority of the people who came out enmass to put Jonathan in power in 2011,while in the north he provided voters card 4 underage and animals...Majority of the people who voted Jonathan in 2011 are not given voters card,that is the situation over here in the south...with simple logical reasoning i think we all know what he is doing,but i bet u to trust PDP the no dulling party,rigging of the highest order...
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by godoluwa(m): 11:28am On Mar 22, 2015
Jimmyo3:
Jega massively reduced voting strength in the south by not printing voters card 4 majority of the people who came out enmass to put Jonathan in power in 2011,while in the north he provided voters card 4 underage and animals...Majority of the people who voted Jonathan in 2011 are not given voters card,that is the situation over here in the south...with simple logical reasoning i think we all know what he is doing,but i bet u to trust PDP the no dulling party,rigging of the highest order...
lolz. Jega thinks GEJ is a fool. I dont know the problem of dis Northerner
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Raiders: 11:30am On Mar 22, 2015
ckmayoca:

There is a process called rigging. Its already in place. Wait n see. A close source to pdp said so.
This is 2015 and not like 2003 ,2007,2011. You saw how Nigerians spoke in one voice during the subsidy protest. Lots of people are wiser and the INEC boss doesn't seem like he don't want to play ball with pdp because he knows his position as inec boss will not be renew. GEJ will not be stup1d to try to impose himself on Nigerians because if he does Nigerians will give him the Egypt and Ivory coast former president treatment. GEJ doesn't even have support from most junior army officials who are mainly northerners so he cant use the army to remain in power.My prayers is for GEJ to conduct a free and fair election and if he loses he should step down peacefully.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by seguntijan(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2015
The worst illiterate is the political
illiterate, he doesn’t hear, doesn’t
speak, nor participates in the political
events. He doesn’t know the cost of life,
the price of the bean, of the fish, of the
flour, of the rent, of the shoes and of
the medicine, all depends on political
decisions. The political illiterate is so
stupid that he is proud and swells his
chest saying that he hates politics. The
slowpoke doesn’t know that, from his
political ignorance is born the
prostitute, the abandoned child, and
the worst thieves of all, the bad
politician, corrupted and flunky of the
national and multinational companies.
~ bertolt Brecht.
6 days to the general election, hw prepered are u for the imminent change we want.
Before casting your vote, remember the poor power supply and unemployment, if at all you forget every other things.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Jimmyo3(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2015
Nigeria is not and will never be an islamic nation,we belong to no OIC,say no to Buhari...
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by Richard2010(m): 11:34am On Mar 22, 2015
" Dear elections, please COME AND BE GOING!"And BUHARI declared the WINNER! #WeHaveDecided

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by phillippiano(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2015
Bolade005:

Are you being sarcastic?

GEJ could win Oyo, even this I doubt but don't ever be a part of people thinking GEJ will win Lagos and Ogun State. In Ogun State, BUHARI is more popular than our state governor, Amosun. It you doubt this, come down here and see things for yourself. Ogun is a done deal for the General.

And for you to think any other party can win Lagos when Tinubu is still very much alive and with the landmark achievements recorded by Fasola, bro, U've been sleeping. Forget what you read on the pages of newspapers, Lagos will forever be APC unless Tinubu forms another party in the future.

Sai Buhari.

Gej can never win Oyo, I'm currently in the state , its GMB all the way

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH by dotcomnamename: 11:36am On Mar 22, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

http://www.punchng.com/news/310199/#comment-2750496

Base on the current situation on ground with the fact that Jonathan's less popular than he was prior to the 2011 elections. To evaluate the strength of Buhari on the APC platform which cuts across the nation.

THE ANALYSIS

Jonathan will win Rivers overwhelmingly. though not a complete sweep as obtained in 2011 due to Amaechi factor.

Jonathan was stoned in Bauchi inspite of the presence of Muazu as the party chairman and you still called it a swing state??

Buhari swept Bauchi in the last election and Jonathan did not get up to 25% vote cast; that was even when there was no anti Jonathan in the North. This time around, Jonathan will not get up to 15% of the vote cast. It's Buhari all the way.

In Kaduna, Buhari will improve on the result of 2011 election due to the insurgency and el Rufai factor

In Kano, Jonathan did not get up to 25% of the vote cast in 2011 with the advantage of a pdp Governor, let alone now, when Buhari has the overwhelming supporter of the APC governor and the emir. It will be a complete sweep by Buhari

Delta's Jonathan all the way.

Niger state is Buhari all the way

The swing states are:

1. Benue;;;;;; ;Disunity in Benue PDP, Buhari might take it

2. Kogi;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;The Yoruba factor(Osinbajo), that's the reason I call it a swing state. However, It might swing to Jonathan

3 Taraba ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Disunity in PDP. Secondly,due to the threats from the Militants of the Niger delta, Danjuma might work for Buhari (Not so likely) Don't forget Jonathan was stoned in Jalingo .. Not so popular as he was prior to 2011

4 Ondo;;;;;;;;;;The Yoruba factor makes it a swing state coupled with the internal fracas within the PDP that led to the defection of some of its members to the APC..... It might swing to Jonathan

5 Ekiti;;;;;; Same as Ondo;;;;;;;Might swing to Jonathan due to Fayose

6 Lagos;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Too close to call. It might swing to Buhari due to Tinubu, Osinbajo, fashola and yoruba fator....and the votes of the Hausas in lagos. The Yorubas are for Buhari. Besides, APC is also strongly rooted here. As such, it may go for Buhari. But i still consider it a swing because of the Igbo population which's about 20% of the total population of Lagos..

APC(Buhari states< Or Buhari will win in these states>

1 Adamawa ;;;;;;;; The Boko haram factor against Jonathan. The Christians in Adamawa will not vote for Jonathan because he was unable to protect them... Don't forget, virtually all the Chibok girls are Christians.. Jonathan never considered this fact when he handled Boko Haram with kid gloves

2 Kano
3 Kaduna
4 Kebbi
5 Gombe
6 Borno
7 Yobe
8 Katsina
9 Niger
10 Kwara
11 Nasarawa
12 Zamfara
13 Bauchi
14 Jigawa
15 Osun
16 Oyo
17 Ogun
18 Edo
19 Abuja
20 Sokoto

[size=15pt]PDP (Jonathan states Or Jonathan will win in these states[/size]

1 Bayelsa
2 Delta
3 Rivers
4 Cross rivers
5 Akwaibom
6 Anambra
7 Abia
8 Enugu
9 Ebonyi
10 Imo.................Certainly not overwhelming
11 Plateau

[size=20pt]By and large, the pendulum swings to Buhari. Having considered all the permutations, there's no way Jonathan can win the 2015 presidential election if it's conducted on 28th March 2015 with the Card Reader. The momentum behind Buhari is like a hurricane [/size]

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Meet The Six (6) Luckiest Politicians In Nigeria / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court / INEC, Actually Told Us, Results Will Be Collated Manually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.