Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,386 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka (3320 Views)

Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / Nigeria Wole Olanipekun & Dele Adesina, Wed In Lagos / President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 8:13am On Mar 23, 2015
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has debunked the news making rounds that President Goodluck Jonathan has the intention of scuttling the forthcoming general election under the guise of instituting an interim government.

Soyinka, who said this on Friday during an interactive session with Sahara TV, stated that some power gamblers, not Jonathan, were bent in destabilizing the nation for their selfish interests.

He said; “I went to President Jonathan and I asked him, and he was to all appearances outraged by the very suggestion.

‘’I remember he used an expression, ‘If such a thing is going on it is outside my wish or my will. After I have been elected by the entire nation, isn’t being the head of an interim government a demotion and an undignifying position?’’

Soyinka added, “this is what bothers me deeply: There are people who see this as an opportunity for their own political and sinister activities in the country.

‘’Therefore, we are not even united against the dangerous enemy of the country. The elections themselves are being used as an opportunity of sowing bitter seed of discord and for power-grabbing.

“I believe that these elections, going by his (Jonathan) body language… it is very difficult to penetrate truthfully and deeply into the minds of politicians… going by his body language, I think Jonathan has no intention of scuttling the elections.

“In other words, the elections would take place but what kind of elections would we have? And what might be the aftermath of the elections?

‘’He has repeatedly said, ‘I’m going back to Otuoke if I lose the election.’ I just hope we don’t wake up one day with our complacent attitude and find out that we, as a people, have been overthrown by very sinister, illegal and useless forces.”

http://reportsafrique.com/2015/03/jonathan-wants-a-stable-and-united-nigeria-wole-soyinka/

http://www.newsstandngr.com/politics/jonathan-wants-a-stable-nigeria/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 8:16am On Mar 23, 2015
Soyinka as a professor won't fall for an illiterate terrorist general Buhari and the party of certificate forgers's propaganda

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 23, 2015
Lol. Now he has a change of heart. He knows buhari is a devil. Only youths that were not born during his era would not understand the type of person he his. It's painful to even hear that people support him...that tyrant.

No fears tho, most of Buhari's supporters won't even vote. They just prefer making noise online cos they can

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by TheOtherview: 8:22am On Mar 23, 2015
Another take grin

Jonathan knows those ‘power-grabbers’ who want to ruin our democracy – Soyinka

March 20, 2015

Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has stated that some “illegal, sinister and power-grabbers” want to ruin Nigeria’s democratic process.

According to Soyinka, the power-grabbers were those working for the imposition of interim government on the country.

Soyinka made this claim during an interview with SaharaTV.

He alleged that President Goodluck Jonathan knew such people but was afraid of them.
The literary doyen said in spite of the challenges, what worried him most, was the plot by some people to take over the affair of Nigeria through the back door.

Soyinka said, “This is what bothers me deeply: There are people who see this as an opportunity for their own political and sinister activities in the country.

“Therefore, we are not even united against the dangerous enemy of the country. The elections themselves are being used as an opportunity of sowing bitter seed of discord and for power-grabbing.

“It is now an established fact that there had been moves towards scuttling the democratic process by instituting a so-called interim government. But the proof is there of some participants in meetings for the formation of an interim government. Why form an interim government when there is an electoral process?

“I went to President Jonathan and I asked him, and he was to all appearances outraged by the very suggestion. I remember he used an expression, ‘If such a thing is going on it is outside my wish or my will. After I have been elected by the entire nation, isn’t being the head of an interim government a demotion and an undignifying position?’.

“Maybe there are forces in operation in this nation during this very critical period about which he knows of that is the answer which I could make and it is up to him to sort himself out in contending with these illegal forces,” the literary icon said.

Soyinka, therefore, called on Nigerians not to be complacent about the current political situation in the country.

He said, “I believe that these elections, going by his (Jonathan) body language… it is very difficult to penetrate truthfully and deeply into the minds of politicians… going by his body language, I think Jonathan has no intention of scuttling the elections.

“In other words, the elections would take place but what kind of elections would we have? And what might be the aftermath of the elections? He has repeatedly said, ‘I’m going back to Otuoke if I lose the election.’ I just hope we don’t wake up one day with our complacent attitude and find out that we, as a people, have been overthrown by very sinister, illegal and useless forces,” he added.

Source
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by menesheh(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2015
Confirm
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by WisdomFlakes: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2015
When will you people learn to manipulating Soyinka's words to campaign for Jonathan? Abi na by force?? The man has warned you all severally against this. Hian!
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 23, 2015
This few days to election is really a time for sober reflection for all well meaning Nigerians.

Who have you chosen to vote and why have you chosen to vote that person?
Are you being sincere with your conscience that Nigeria has not improved?
If you were to pick between GEJ and GMB, who among them do you think has Nigerian's best interest at heart as a nation?

This election is a very decisive one for Nigeria and her future. If we fail to vote right now, it will take God's mercy to rectify the errors.
GEJ as a person might not have performed 100%, but let's give him a second chance to consolidate on what he's already built on!

I love the tenacity of the opposition, it is a sit-up call for the incumbent.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by Adetula1(m): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2015
this is how to know a man that has a functional brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by stinggy(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2015
shakaTheZulu:
Soyinka as a professor won't fall for an illiterate terrorist general Buhari and the party of certificate forgers's propaganda

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
STFU
Soyinka likes neither Buhari nor Johnny.

‘’He has repeatedly said, ‘I’m going back to Otuoke if I lose the election.’ I just hope we don’t wake up one day with our complacent attitude and find out that we, as a people, have been overthrown by very sinister, illegal and useless forces.”
No Ifs, Buts or Maybes, you are going back to OTUEKE straight!!! Your people need you more than we do.

Sai Mai Gaskiya
Sai Buhari
Hope 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by henryangelo: 8:42am On Mar 23, 2015
GEJ is a leader
Buhari is a ruler
For better nigeria we need a leader not a ruler.
The food is ready,serve yourself

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by wakaman: 9:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Shakathezulu you can lie ooo.
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 9:25am On Mar 23, 2015
stinggy:

STFU
Soyinka likes neither Buhari nor Johnny.

No Ifs, Buts or Maybes, you are going back to OTUEKE straight!!! Your people need you more than we do.

Sai Mai Gaskiya
Sai Buhari
Hope 2015

buhari is a terrorist
apc is bokoharam

gej till buhari rots in jail

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by stinggy(m): 9:43am On Mar 23, 2015
shakaTheZulu:

buhari is a terrorist
apc is bokoharam

gej till buhari rots in jail

Programmed bot, any proof to your claim?
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 10:00am On Mar 23, 2015
stinggy:

Programmed bot, any proof to your claim?

otu nne i i have claims

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by Chimarto: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2015
Wole again? thank God his now GEJ supoorter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by mrborntodoit: 10:32am On Mar 23, 2015
Prof got it right, with Gej, unity is assured, but with the cowboy called Buhari , tribalism and bigottery will be the order of the day, revenge and blood letting will be his budget, and the masses will shed tears sorrowfully with regret .

Fela said " Na them regular trademark .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by kasiem(m): 10:40am On Mar 23, 2015
The elections are drawing nearer and people are taking their stand

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by MrEverest(m): 10:47am On Mar 23, 2015
I love this nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka. intelligent people support GEJ not because of sentiment or selfish interest but because he has performed while many supporting APC are doing so because they were brainwashed by APC into believing that Buhari will do better or others simply because he is from their part of the country.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2015
seun lalasticlala front page pls
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by bdidi: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2015
I think this is quite interesting.......I want this to hit the FP.....
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by stinggy(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2015
shakaTheZulu:

otu nne i i have claims

Dolt put them here.
Even Presidency confirmed it last week that Buhari has no link whatsoever with BH. Seems you're yet to catch up with new happenings.
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2015
stinggy:

Dolt put them here.
Even Presidency confirmed it last week that Buhari has no link whatsoever with BH. Seems you're yet to catch up with new happenings.

it won stop us from jailing terrorist buhari after gej's reelection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by stinggy(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2015
shakaTheZulu:

it won stop us from jailing terrorist buhari after gej's reelection

Nothing to gain engaging you, I'm sorry I misjudged you from your first post.
Now run allow smiley
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2015
stinggy:

Nothing to gain engaging you, I'm sorry I misjudged you from your first post.
Now run allow smiley

ok gej till 2019 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by philips70(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2015
shakaTheZulu:
seun lalasticlala front page pls

FrontPage for twisted lies? How many times will WS warn you guys to stop using his name to endorse a failed Jonathan?
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2015
philips70:

FrontPage for twisted lies? How many times will WS warn you guys to stop using his name to endorse a failed Jonathan?

you know noting

gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by philips70(m): 11:57am On Mar 23, 2015
shakaTheZulu:

you know noting

gej till 2019

Sure GEJ will live till 2019 if God wills. That's what every reasonable person wishes him. Where is what Nigerians are deciding on Saturday.
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by Lanretoye(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
This man need evaluation,always saying this and that now and then...senile dementia i perceive.
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by shakaTheZulu: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
philips70:

Sure GEJ will live till 2019 if God wills. That's what every reasonable person wishes him. Where is what Nigerians are deciding on Saturday.

gej will rule nigeria till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by izenco2005(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
Tru im apc suppoter, bt wit dis, im afriad to make a choice, God help me.
Re: Jonathan Wants A Stable And United Nigeria-Wole Soyinka by izenco2005(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
Tru im apc suppoter, bt wit dis, im afriad to make a choice, God help me. Front page

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon Must Live To Answer The Genocide Question! / White Police Officer With Black Youth Is Warming Hearts Across The World (pic) / Gen. T. Y Burutai Lied About The Previous Position He Held In The Army.(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.