Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (82180 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Ngwakwe: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Stop twisting my post. I talked about their currency value.

What value are you talking about?

Is pound valuable than dollar or is dollar valuable than Japanese Yen?

You don't understand the meaning of the word "value" in the context of the subject being discussed.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by tunnary(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=fallout87 post=31930083]That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...[/quote
]it shows dat his promises r empty.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by maysimsimple(m): 11:57am On Mar 24, 2015
Jonadunce also promised us 3 refineries in 4 years... Awon ole jatijati....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by quickly: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2015
WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WITH ALMOST F9 PARALLEL WAEC. AND THIS IS THE CLOWN SOME PPL WANT .

IF U VOTE FOR BUHARI U ARE A MAGA.

JONATHAN IS NOT THE BEST BUT NOT GREAT GRAND FATHER BUHARI THAT IS LOOKING FOR MONEY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Zellie: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2015
Joker of the year
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2015
Ngwakwe:

What value are you talking about?

Is pound valuable than dollar or is dollar valuable than Japanese Yen?

You don't understand the meaning of the word "value" in the context of the subject being discussed.

Why not explain the context?

Read the headline of the article and explain to me the context.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
maysimsimple:
Jonadunce also promised us 3 refineries in 4 years... Awon ole jatijati....

I laugh in Yoruba.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by APRIDE(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

Unfortunately, you are the one who doesn't know a thing about Economics.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
Curvinus:

Brother you don't have to berate yourself just yet as Buhari himself has not come out to categorically deny the statement attributed to him.

Or are journalists no longer allowed to paraphrase a portion of their story?

If Buhari must ride to victory on the crescendo of the euphoria created by this report, then he equally should be pious enough to assert the veracity or otherwise.

As for credibility of the op, I read the exact story in today's edition of Thisday newspaper and that for me is a credible enough source.

Is there no difference between a quotation and a paraphrase? Give me a quotation of Buhari on the topic of this tread or just have ur seat.
When Gej said, 'stealing is not corruption. ' he was quoted verbatim. Now give me the exact link quoting Buhari of this exact comment on making the value of Naira equal to Dollar

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by vizion: 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...

Is it Only the Nigerian Naira that suffers from Inflation?

Why did inflation not affect the American Dollars thereby alterinng the exchange rate in favour of the Naira?

SMH
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by shaqhead: 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I know! These same people are the ones that'll come in Nairaland and pretend like education is so important to them meanwhile they can't take the time to read and understand. If I were to start a thread with the topic "Buhari will jail all Christians" and I provide a link that's saying the exact opposite, you'll see people here commenting and already insulting him without reading the main article
So true! If I had known u wl read my mind I wl have saved a link to a thread I saw last nyt-but wl still try n check it up.

I saw one thread late last nyt dt took it to d extreme...A thread wt just a riculously inane Heading about Buhari, NO CONTENT talk more of "Sauce" and u had an avalanche of invectives on d person of Buhari!

I had to commend some GEJite who riddled one thread with "what GEJ did in a certain state"-told him dt if only they had bn doin ds from day one and not gone off wasting resources chasing shadows their fortune wouldnt b this depleted!

People are asking what has GEJ done?
Tanoids are gettin schizophrenic about what GMB will do?
Which is easier to tell between what u have done and what u will do?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by kajoula(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
[size=18pt]LIES[/size]

Thats all I can say for now.... grin
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by shaqhead: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...
Wow! At d time of writing ds response u comment had garnered 664 likes and 76 Shares-u must be impressed. In my opinion,it is quite unfortunate and it only goes to show how myopic a whole lot of NLanders are-they dont read!

Ur "stupidiest" clan of "likers" and "sharers" are legion!

Simple question: Point to where he said or even implied that he wl make the dollar and Naira to be at par?

Please I dnt want some semantic rigmarole!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by tunnary(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
dollar is too small nau, y cant he make naira equal to pound in value? D time wen ur mate dey go school u dey carry gun up nd down nw wil wan follow educated people compete. @72 I dnt tink its 2 late 4u 2 go 2 sch, wen ur tru den u cen contest.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by olisaEze(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
wakacome:
[b]In the land of "Jon" located at the city of "athan"so much people suffered from a disease called "corr"which broke out from the river called river "uption"this disease killed so many people living in that city but their king called king "stea"L of the "ing"kingdom do not even know what to do but he had to consult a friend of his who is also a king of another city called "clue"from the tribes of "less",he told his friend the problem he is facing in his own city and his friend told him that they should consult the gods of "bu"in the "hari"shrine ,"bu"revealed to them that they can stop the disease of"corr"which was caused by river"uption" he said they need to perform a sacrifice of "dis"to the tribes of "ci" in lake "pline","bu"also revealed to them that they should consult a spiritual priest named "inte"who hails from the city of "grity"he said the priest is the one to do the rituals, the king obeyed the instructions and there after all the people of the land of "jon"in the city of "athan finally"got saved after "Bu"of the greatest "hari"answered their prayers,...everyone in that city was happy that they were saved from the disease of "corr"caused by the river "uption"...so that was how the people of the city of "athan"choosed the gods of "Bu"and decided to worship at the "hari"shrine so that they can continue to have a better life,even the king worshipped "bu"of the "hari"kingdom and begged him to take control of the city so that they can continue to live a very better life.....

Wakacome[/b]
. Gibberishgibberishgibberishgibberishgibberishgibberishgibberishgibberishrubbish na only u wakacome!? Mama Peace as 1st lady till... grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by totorimi: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
THIS MAN IS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN, IF GEJ IS CLUELESS THIS MAN MUST BE BRAINLESS WITH SUCH COMMENTS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Chelseadiehard:
All Nigerians will become millionaires after Buhari's abracadabra and magic exchange rate solution. I cannot wait to buy up anything I want with my small Naira. Our National Assembly members earning N45m per month will be earning $45m per month. The world's richest people will come from Nigeria. Dumb ass fellow ..i do not think they have good economic adviser on his campaign team
don't get it twisted,d dollar can be 50 naira ,if govt reduce their expenses,inflation and interest rate reduce to less than 5%,that wil translate to booming businesses and less import.by that our naira wil gain value,that wil make presidency,legislators and judiciary begin to receive less than 100,000 naira,recurrent expendition wil be like 20%, to 80% of capital expendition ,cost of living wil be low,as a result of electricity,agriculture which wil guarantee more jobs,food and security,no room for corruption and waste,or mismanagement,for example,we can buy bag of rice with 1000 naira,bag of cement 200 naira,our naira wil have value within 4yrs,is very easy to achieve,but is impossible because we are use to corruption,nobody wants to make a sacrifice for d benefit of all,but change must come,sai buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
totorimi:
THIS MAN IS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN, IF GEJ IS CLUELESS THIS MAN MUST BE BRAINLESS WITH SUCH COMMENTS.
why did you fail to read the text first?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
All I know is that the reward of the op is in heaven......i can see him dancing shoki in hellfire cos of this highly image-damaging piece

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Isaddabai(m): 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf
Am a die-fan of Buhari but deep inside me I know he cannot. Do u know y? bcuz this means he must settle All d loans collected by the previous administration from IMF wich he cannot bcuz der are certain period of years b4 a country will start paying them and the payment must be by installment.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Boyooosa(m): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
And nobody was wise enough among the presents to ask him HOW?
how does he intend to achieve it?
By jailing and beating pple?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Omooba77: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Isaddabai:
Am a die-fan of Buhari but deep inside me I know he cannot. Do u know y? bcuz this means he must settle All d loans collected by the previous administration from IMF wich he cannot bcuz der are certain period of years b4 a country will start paying them and the payment must be by installment.
God bless you for not being sentimental. Talk is very cheap;even see what is happening in Ghana now despite the devaluation,market forces pushing it lower against dollar.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
straight2point:

Someone said you should shut up and get educated. But you won't shut up, but u would rather tell the whole world that you are an illiterate. Suit yourself then.
the truth is so bitter for u guys
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Pecca:

AT THIS POINT, IF I WERE YOU(GOD FORBID), I WOULD TUCK IN MY TAIL LIKE A GOOD WAG AND SCRAM OUTTA THIS TREAD. BUT LIKE YOUR BOSS, YOU RUN TO TYPE - A MOST CLUELESS TYPE.
why should i when i know what i am saying.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by dazangel11(f): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
I’ll make naira equal to dollar- BUHARI
For more jokes, Text "BUHARI" to 419..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
dearpreye:

You and all those that liked and shared this silly comment of yours are just as dumb as your master. Epic stupidity!
dont be pained brother.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
Bawss1:

China is the most populous nation in the world, what are you talking about?
and that is to tell that population increase has a lot to do with inflation.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by johnie: 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
CHM11:
Just the same way he made cow and goat business more lucrative than crude oil and gas business.

Mumu old man who can't remember the meaning of APC.

He can't even remember the name of his vice!!!!...

I don't recall him saying he would achieve NGN-USD parity this at that event but I distinctly remember him addressing the Lagos State governor as "Chief Fashola!"
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
Chigold101:
how does this statement make him someone that understands economy? Dont u know that by saying this it shows he knows nothing about economy & how monitery policy is determined. He just spoke like the ... L He is.
he never said he wil do it in a twinkle of an eye.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by kaboninc(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
he never said he wil do it in a twinkle of an eye.
I’ll make naira equal to dollar- BUHARI
For more jokes, Text "BUHARI" to 419..
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by 989900: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
[size=14pt]So far this thread has proved 1 thing:[/size]

1. 70-80% of Nigerians (Nairalanders) are hopelessly doltish, or abjectly bibliophobic.

[s]You've got to marvel at people's brain-deadness.[/s]

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by stildude(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf
stupid

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React / Russia May Take Sanctionary Measures Against Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Featured On Israeli National TV, Reveals What He Told FG. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.