Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. (26117 Views)

Magu's Sack: Court Adjourns Suit, As Lawyer Cries Out To The Court- Newtelegraph / Man Attaches "Buhari Till We Die" To His Car Due To His Love For Buhari / PDP Crisis: Court Adjourns Suit indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Wisdytech(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2015
tit:

no.
it is too late for him.
i am sorry.

So you hate him that much?
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2015
why are they presiding the case now, what really happen all this while, let dem free the man jor
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:41am On Mar 25, 2015
brownemmanuel43:
why are they presiding the case now, what really happen all this while, let dem free the man jor
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Emperor007: 6:41am On Mar 25, 2015
It's obvious the correct judgement / verdict would be to disqualify Buhari ( GMB ) because he's been giving false information under oath.

Quota System wouldn't save Buhari ( GMB ) this time. Merit must be restored in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by luvmijeje(f): 6:43am On Mar 25, 2015
The case lacks merit. A sensible judge who thinks with his brain and not his stomach will throw the case out.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by sexyjob(m): 6:45am On Mar 25, 2015
dealslip:
APC asked anybody who wasnt satisfied with their answers and evidence to head to court. Now they are in court, they should be ready for any judgement whether it favours them or not. The same court has been helping them uphold victory in Osun state and elsewhere. They shouldnt insult the judicial system if the outcome doesnt favour them this time around. Osinbajo is a worthy successor afterall he has been a good boost to Buhari's candidacy, he may have not made such inroad into SW without PYO. Maybe that rumour of Tinubu playing a fast one on the north is about to happen. APC is a party of change, they should accept whatever sudden change they may experience in the last few days to the election. Since they are progressives, anything thing from them is deemed presidential material even if it is Atiku, Amaechi or Tinubu. In all I wish them goodluck in their last minutes strategy and schemes. If the ruling doesnt suit them, the first thing GMB must do is to calm his supporters from slaying innocent civillians, they should direct their anger at the judge. We cannot cry foul about the carnage perpetrated by BH and follow the same route. If Buhari is guilty of the charges, he cannot expect the judiciary bend the law for him. He will be unfit to fight corruption

NB: I am Yoruba, my opinions up here do not represent any group or tribe shun tribalism.
I love you sister. Give me a hug, you are a true Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 25, 2015
Politics at it
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 25, 2015
What PDP do not understand is simple and straightforward; Nigerians are tired of them! Even if GMB is disqualified, it doesn't stop APC from winning the polls - Presidential and the rest.
However, I am confident that wisdom is gonna be applied to decide the case. Another Victory in waiting for GMB. He has jumped many hurdles, and he's gonna definitely crossed the zebra lines on 28th March, 2015.
1 million Umbrellas can not withstand or withhold the wind of CHANGE!!!
Sai Buhari
Sai Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by cacali(f): 6:46am On Mar 25, 2015
Just asking o. Is the submission of the school cert. a criteria for contesting? If it is, GMB shld just go and submit the thing jejely and let's move on now. If its lost let him no an affidavit and get anoda from the school. Me I don't see what all the fuss is about o. After all he was a General in the army, meaning he's gone way ahead of a school cert. case.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Emperor007: 6:46am On Mar 25, 2015
brownemmanuel43:

^^^

APC refused to take the right step by either providing Buhari's ( GMB ) original / valid certificates or drop him as their presidential candidate when they had time.

Those that sued him needed to gather suffient and authentic evidence before proceeding to court.

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by slap1(m): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2015
He's constitutionally unqualified to contest, but his foot soldiers will kill with reckless abandon if the law takes upper hand.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by niyifour(m): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2015
Director of Media and Publicity of the Peoples
Democratic Party Presidential Campaign
Organisation (PDPPCO), Chief Femi Fani-
Kayode said yesterday that the All
Progressives Congress (APC) spokesperson,
Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has told yet another lie
about speculated the disqualification of the
APC presidential candidate, General
Muhammadu Buhari from the March 28
election.
Fani-Kayode in a swift reaction to Mohammed
on the issue said, “Lai Mohammed has told yet
another dirty lie. What on earth is our business
with Buhari’s court case?
“We know that he does not have a certificate
and that he was not eligible to contest but we
have moved on from there and we are ready to
meet him in the field.
The truth is that the APC are suffering from all
manner of paranoia and they have lost touch
with reality.
“They are the proverbial conspiracy theorists
who are so consumed by their own morbid
fears that they sleep in their wardrobes and
under their beds every night.
Each time someone knocks at the gates of their
homes they wave their hands in the air, they
shiver and scream and they say ‘the President
has sent the security people to come and arrest
us’.
“Frankly they deserve to be pitied. They see
government conspiracies everywhere and they
have become prisoners of their own wild
hallucinations.
The truth is that we are not in the least bit
interested in General Buhari’s travails at the
court and we are not in a position to influence
the decision of the judge or the outcome of the
case one way or the other.
“The problem with the APC is that they cannot
appreciate the difference between the judiciary
and the executive. They are so primitive that
they cannot comprehend the concept of
‘’separation of powers’.
Simply because General Buhari himself
controlled the courts and threatened judges
when he was in power he thinks that the same
thing is happening 31 years later under the
administration of President Goodluck
Jonathan.
He does not appreciate the fact that times have
changed and that our courts and judges are
fiercely independent and deeply courageous.
“We wish General Buhari well in his case
tomorrow but frankly speaking it is the last
thing on our minds and we are not losing any
sleep over it.
Our prayer is that, whichever way, the rule of
law is upheld and that justice is done.
“We also hope that he is not disqualified so
that we have the opportunity to deal with him
once and for all and demystify him at the
polls.
It would be a cruel act to deprive us of the
opportunity of bursting his bubble once and
for all and to humiliate him at the polls.
“We must remember that it was the Director
General of the Buhari Presidential Campaign
Organisation, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, that
has interfered with the work of the judiciary in
his state and that has attempted to intimidate
the judges by shutting down the state High
Courts for the last one year.
“It is interesting to note that when the same
APC that is now calling into question the
integrity of the judiciary got an injunction
from the Lagos State High court to stop the
broadcast of the infamous ‘Lion of
Bourdillon’ documentary they did not
complain about government interference in the
judiciary at the time.
Neither did they complain when they got
another order from the Lagos State High Court
to stop the Commander in Chief of the Armed
Forces, President Goodluck Jonathan, from
deploying troops to help secure lives during
the election.
“When things go their way the courts are good
but when they suspect that they may not they
then make baseless and childish allegations
that have no basis in logic or reality.
Our advice to them is to grow up, get real and
prepare for the greatest humiliation of their
lives on March 28.”
Signed:
Chief Femi Fani-Kayode
Director of Media and Publicity

6 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by thunder74(m): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2015
ZackiGp:
I wonder if some of you read at all, you rush to comment without reading or understanding what was written.
There 3 pending issues the judge is to rule on- main suit, court jurisdiction on service and other parties who intend to join the case.
Buhari can not lose all three issues, any one ruled in favour of Buhari will definitely scuttle the hearing and ruling of other suits thereby giving Buhari and and his lawyers more time.
My 2cent,i'm not a lawyer though.

The judge may likely rule this way:
He will rule on jurisdiction first and the decision is that he has jurisdiction and GMB was validly served through substituted means as ordered by the court.

For the people seeking to join, the court will refused them and call them interlopers because there is nothing in the case they will suffer more than ordinary Nigeria. At worst, they should have sued him too on their own.

On the main issue, it is obvious where the scale will tilt. Buhari is not qualified to contest because he didn't comply with the electoral Act.
The case is incurably bad for Buhari and APC.

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by anonimi: 6:47am On Mar 25, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by sexyjob(m): 6:48am On Mar 25, 2015
Martins301:
Am confident the General will come out victorious. Sai Buhari
Are you not ashamed?

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Kryx(m): 6:49am On Mar 25, 2015
blackbee:
Even if they let him, he will lose like always. A looser is always a looser

You are wrong.

A looser is not always a
looser.

He that falls several times must
surely rise one day provided he did not
give up.

No tension, No anxiety. Court cannot stop Buhari.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by sexyjob(m): 6:50am On Mar 25, 2015
auntymi:
We need change

Vote for change

Sai Buhari

Are you not ashamed?

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 25, 2015
Watch out for wild jubilation by the time the court throw out this. It will boost GMB like winning the match before the FINAL. Another PDP clueless error.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 25, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2015
sexyjob:

Are you not ashamed?

Of what?
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by AlomoReloaded: 6:57am On Mar 25, 2015
Imagine terrorist buhari wants to rule nigeria!!!! I laugh in swahili!!!! Ikpu nne ya there!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by sexyjob(m): 6:58am On Mar 25, 2015
alazinho:

Em no get common waec certificate, so make em get away..... if em pple 4 north cause mayham, bliv me southerner'z r equal 2 d task.
Tell them, gone are the days when the Northerners would slain a Southerner and go away with it. We preach peace but we can bring down this country faster than they can ever imagine. For now, let's have one Nigeria in peace. We should all take whatever we get as the verdict.

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by ZackiGp(m): 6:59am On Mar 25, 2015
thunder74:

The judge may likely rule this way:
He will rule on jurisdiction first and the decision is that he has jurisdiction and GMB was validly served through substituted means as ordered by the court.

For the people seeking to join, the court will refused them and call them interlopers because there is nothing in the case they will suffer more than ordinary Nigeria. At worst, they should have sued him too on their own.

On the main issue, it is obvious where the scale will tilt. Buhari is not qualified to contest because he didn't comply with the electoral Act.
The case is incurably bad for Buhari and APC.
You may be wrong, today's ruling is on the parties seeking to join the suit before hearing commences on the other issues, if it goes in favour of the parties, they also have to be served on the suit, which means more time. I don't think the ruling will favour them.
On court's jurisdiction, APC is registered party in Nigeria and Buhari was a former Head of state of this country and not a criminal, I think they deserved to be served appropriately and directly and not through other means.
Open your mind and don't be bias on this one.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by sexyjob(m): 7:00am On Mar 25, 2015
Martins301:

Of what?
That you still shout 'sai' at this time. Embrace the truth brother

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by seunlayi(m): 7:00am On Mar 25, 2015
GMB has nailed himself through arrogance and negligent. if the court decided to rule in his favor, it may be bad for future judgements

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by thunder74(m): 7:00am On Mar 25, 2015
biowal:
Watch out for wild jubilation by the time the court throw out this. It will boost GMB like winning the match before the FINAL. Another PDP clueless error.
Even at that, APC may be sitting on a keg of gun powder because even if he wins this election, the qualifications and eligibility issues will come up again at the Tribunal and that is why PDP tactically ignored to be the plaintiff in this case.

Ever wondered why the face of the woman in the symbol of justice is covered? Because "she no send". Law is a respecter of nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by adeA1(m): 7:01am On Mar 25, 2015
Wisdom is the mother of LAW they say! Let see the Judge that wll giv the verdict.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by kay1one2(m): 7:04am On Mar 25, 2015
kelkicwinner:

Ask yourself that question. Remember, nobody is a saint not even you. Just vote wisely ok. angry.........

By faith I be saint! smiley
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by thunder74(m): 7:05am On Mar 25, 2015
ZackiGp:

You may be wrong, today's ruling is on the parties seeking to join the suit before hearing commences on the other issues, if it goes in favour of the parties, they also have to be served on the suit, which means more time. I don't the ruling will favour dem.
On court's jurisdiction, APC is registered party in Nigeria and Buhari was a former Head of state of this country and not a criminal, I think they deserved to be served appropriately and directly and not through other means.
Open your mind and don't be bias on this one.
Bros, we are not quarrelling, only educating ourselves. It is just a matter of hours. By the way, I thought you earlier said you are not a lawyer, why so confident of your analysis and opinions now?
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by AlomoReloaded: 7:08am On Mar 25, 2015
adeyemi2015:
What PDP do not understand is simple and straightforward; Nigerians are tired of them! Even if GMB is disqualified, it doesn't stop APC from winning the polls - Presidential and the rest.
However, I am confident that wisdom is gonna be applied to decide the case. Another Victory in waiting for GMB. He has jumped many hurdles, and he's gonna definitely crossed the zebra lines on 28th March, 2015.
1 million Umbrellas can not withstand or withhold the wind of CHANGE!!!
Sai Buhari
Sai Nigeria!
Ikpu nne gi there!!!! Ofe mmanu nwuru anwu!!!!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by ZackiGp(m): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2015
thunder74:

Bros, we are not quarrelling, only educating ourselves. It is just a matter of hours. By the way, I thought you earlier said you are not a lawyer, why so confident of your analysis and opinions now?

May be you should read my comment again, does it sound as if we are quarrelling?
I'm not a lawyer doesn't mean i'm not learned bro. your earlier response was one sided.

Let's see how it goes, Cheers.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by philips70(m): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2015
Why are Nigerians this dull? The ruling today has nothing to do with eligibility. Nigerians please read and comprehend even as I know the PDP have deliberately kept you dull since 1999.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTOS: How To Detect A Suicide Bomber / Comfort Melaye: Chapel Built & Named After Dino Melaye's Mum Dedicated (Photos) / How Has Sanwo-Olu Fared In Eight Months As Lagos State Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.