Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. (26115 Views)

Magu's Sack: Court Adjourns Suit, As Lawyer Cries Out To The Court- Newtelegraph / Man Attaches "Buhari Till We Die" To His Car Due To His Love For Buhari / PDP Crisis: Court Adjourns Suit indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by kakakent: 9:40am On Mar 25, 2015
sexyjob:

I love you sister. Give me a hug, you are a true Nigerian.

Guy that's my wifey nd she aint permitted to give you a huge #i married her after reading her intelligent post#
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by cheaperstores: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2015
dealslip:
APC asked anybody who wasnt satisfied with their answers and evidence to head to court. Now they are in court, they should be ready for any judgement whether it favours them or not. The same court has been helping them uphold victory in Osun state and elsewhere. They shouldnt insult the judicial system or accuse them of compromise if the outcome doesnt favour them this time around. Osinbajo is a worthy successor afterall he has been a good boost to Buhari's candidacy, he may have not made such inroad into SW without PYO. Maybe that rumour of Tinubu playing a fast one on the north is about to happen. APC is a party of change, they should accept whatever sudden change they may experience in the last few days to the election. Since they are progressives, anything thing from them is deemed presidential material even if it is Atiku, Amaechi or Tinubu. In all I wish them goodluck in their last minutes strategy and schemes. If the ruling doesnt suit them, the first thing GMB must do is to calm his supporters from slaying innocent civillians, they should direct their anger at the judge. We cannot cry foul about the carnage perpetrated by BH and follow the same route. If Buhari is guilty of the charges, he cannot expect the judiciary bend the law for him. He will be unfit to fight corruption. Mods do not hide my post, I only stated the obvious possibility

APC in their usuall Van Damme-style are quick to tell us Lgo to court". I say to APC there can't be any chaos becos APC must go back to court if this judgement does not favor them.Pls note Mr Lai Muhammed

NB: I am Yoruba, my opinions up here do not represent any group or tribe shun tribalism.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by bdidi: 10:04am On Mar 25, 2015
niyifour:

Director of Media and Publicity of the Peoples
Democratic Party Presidential Campaign
Organisation (PDPPCO), Chief Femi Fani-
Kayode said yesterday that the All
Progressives Congress (APC) spokesperson,
Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has told yet another lie
about speculated the disqualification of the
APC presidential candidate, General
Muhammadu Buhari from the March 28
election.
Fani-Kayode in a swift reaction to Mohammed
on the issue said, “Lai Mohammed has told yet
another dirty lie. What on earth is our business
with Buhari’s court case?
“We know that he does not have a certificate
and that he was not eligible to contest but we
have moved on from there and we are ready to
meet him in the field.
The truth is that the APC are suffering from all
manner of paranoia and they have lost touch
with reality.
“They are the proverbial conspiracy theorists
who are so consumed by their own morbid
fears that they sleep in their wardrobes and
under their beds every night.
Each time someone knocks at the gates of their
homes they wave their hands in the air, they
shiver and scream and they say ‘the President
has sent the security people to come and arrest
us’.
“Frankly they deserve to be pitied. They see
government conspiracies everywhere and they
have become prisoners of their own wild
hallucinations.
The truth is that we are not in the least bit
interested in General Buhari’s travails at the
court and we are not in a position to influence
the decision of the judge or the outcome of the
case one way or the other.
“The problem with the APC is that they cannot
appreciate the difference between the judiciary
and the executive. They are so primitive that
they cannot comprehend the concept of
‘’separation of powers’.
Simply because General Buhari himself
controlled the courts and threatened judges
when he was in power he thinks that the same
thing is happening 31 years later under the
administration of President Goodluck
Jonathan.
He does not appreciate the fact that times have
changed and that our courts and judges are
fiercely independent and deeply courageous.
“We wish General Buhari well in his case
tomorrow but frankly speaking it is the last
thing on our minds and we are not losing any
sleep over it.
Our prayer is that, whichever way, the rule of
law is upheld and that justice is done.
“We also hope that he is not disqualified so
that we have the opportunity to deal with him
once and for all and demystify him at the
polls.
It would be a cruel act to deprive us of the
opportunity of bursting his bubble once and
for all and to humiliate him at the polls.
“We must remember that it was the Director
General of the Buhari Presidential Campaign
Organisation, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, that
has interfered with the work of the judiciary in
his state and that has attempted to intimidate
the judges by shutting down the state High
Courts for the last one year.
“It is interesting to note that when the same
APC that is now calling into question the
integrity of the judiciary got an injunction
from the Lagos State High court to stop the
broadcast of the infamous ‘Lion of
Bourdillon’ documentary they did not
complain about government interference in the
judiciary at the time.
Neither did they complain when they got
another order from the Lagos State High Court
to stop the Commander in Chief of the Armed
Forces, President Goodluck Jonathan, from
deploying troops to help secure lives during
the election.
“When things go their way the courts are good
but when they suspect that they may not they
then make baseless and childish allegations
that have no basis in logic or reality.
Our advice to them is to grow up, get real and
prepare for the greatest humiliation of their
lives on March 28.”
Signed:
Chief Femi Fani-Kayode
Director of Media and Publicity

Very spot on and on point. I don't know why some people are not seeing the clear facts.

Keep blaming others for their faults instead of accepting their responsibilities and face the facts.

Sentimental views are not a welcome development in the rule of law!

This is democracy where the rule of law prevails.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by heffem(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2015
But seriously, if dis mallam cannot tender a result, then he is not qualify to contest.......i keep wondering y d delay and people still supporting him blindly..... Seems dis Association of Past Criminals are just being troublesome. I would av preferred any other candidate from their cabal to uncle Joe, if not Buhari.... Buhari is not above the law, he should be disqualified and even sent to jail for his post-election comments during his last failure.........#them use failure do you ni?

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Jimmyo3(m): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2015
APC always full of threat to the nation,the law is no respecter of anybody...whatever the outcome may be they should obey the law and move on...
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by bdidi: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2015
sirscripture:

But you know the accusation seems baseless. This man contested 3times. Are they saying our judicial system failed those 3times to stop him? These failed corrupt politicians are just looking for ways to stop him before the poll but i can bet you, if he wins...Nigeria of tomorrow would be far sweeter than Nigeria of today and yesterday. He is also surrounded by corrupt friends too, one thing is sure dem go all hear if GMB wins. Dont you see the strend of campaign against him? Using religion/ethnicity to campaign against someone is an empty thing. He ruled us once, but no kobo was stolen while he was there. A disciplinarian is all we ask for, and GEJ isnt it. These people r too corrupt for this country to move forward. The likes of Agbakoba saw this coming, no wonder they did everything within their power to stop Jonathan from becoming the president...Anyways we will get whatever we deserve.

Everyday na for the thief but one day na for the owner of the house!
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by BERNIMOORE: 10:20am On Mar 25, 2015
bdidi:

Everyday na for the thief but one day na for the owner of the house!
gbam!
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by ikwubaba: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2015
thunder74:

The judge may likely rule this way:
He will rule on jurisdiction first and the decision is that he has jurisdiction and GMB was validly served through substituted means as ordered by the court.

For the people seeking to join, the court will refused them and call them interlopers because there is nothing in the case they will suffer more than ordinary Nigeria. At worst, they should have sued him too on their own.

On the main issue, it is obvious where the scale will tilt. Buhari is not qualified to contest because he didn't comply with the electoral Act.
The case is incurably bad for Buhari and APC.

I like the way you went. But you goofed finally. So the case will not be tried with arguements and requirement of evidences? Mind you, the accuser will have to provide evidence that he did not qualify. The laws will not be scrutinised and interpretations sought? These may take days if not weeks. The judge will just disqualify him. Mind you even the other cases for determination will still take time.
Those judges are smatter than that. Even if payed, they will meander out using technicalities as excuses.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by mhuyil: 10:48am On Mar 25, 2015
Adjourned till April, 22.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by shammah1(m): 10:51am On Mar 25, 2015
What kind of stupid threat is this from APC 's Lie Mohammed? Didn't you say that if anyone is not okay with your lies and propaganda including the "certificate saga", they should take your party to court. That's exactly what happened. My worry is that the judiciary system in Nigeria is compromised.

We all know that Buhari is not qualify to contest based on the fact that he refused to present his basic requirements to INEC. He even lied to Nigerians by forging fake certificate.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by bdidi: 10:52am On Mar 25, 2015
ikwubaba:

I like the way you went. But you goofed finally. So the case will not be tried with arguements and requirement of evidences? Mind you, the accuser will have to provide evidence that he did not qualify. The laws will not be scrutinised and interpretations sought? These may take days if not weeks. The judge will just disqualify him. Mind you even the other cases for determination will still take time.
Those judges are smatter than that. Even if payed, they will meander out using technicalities as excuses.

I think you are missing a point here. The law suit against him is about 10. One of them says he did not submit his certificate along with his form thus guilty of the electoral act and the 1999 constitution where appropriate. That is a fact that has no basis for argument. Some other suits says his certificate he finally tendered is filled with lots of discrepancies which is also in black and white. Another suit says he filled wrong information in his forms that negate his claims.

So what other counter evidence does the defendant wants to tender again.

The laws are very clear about these issues!

Yes the defendants might want to bring in some law gimmicks but the Judge is smart.

APC knows this and that is why you see that more defendants wants to join the case. Where were they when the case started?

When the defendants refuse the accept the court summons writing to them physically before the court ruled that should be published in the newspaper. Where were they?

Its obvious that APC took this case with a pinch of salt.

And now they threatening the peace of the nation

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by meccuno: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2015
genieplus86:
It beats my imagination why my Ibo brothers are the ones fighting President Jonathans battle. Where are his south/south brothers. My worry is when problem starts in the North the Ibos would lose more lives and property than any tribe up North. I am afraid of the prospect of any ruling that would rob the beauty of Saturday election. Let the people decide. Whoever wins at the poll let the other candidate accept it. I desire a PEACEFUL Nigeria no matter the result of Saturday. Nigeria belongs to all of us. #votenotfight
The igbos are not fighting for anybody........its an election period and they have decided who would improve their lots..afterall,what has Nigeria done for the igbos?? Whatever you see as development in the east was as a result of ingenuity and hard work...the question is why are the YORUBAs Fighting for a hausa Fulani man who killed and imprisoned their leaders in thÉ 80s without clear evidences of corruption........ And please face whoever you want to vote for and leave the igbos alone.......we don't need your help
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Cityguy: 11:06am On Mar 25, 2015
Why is everything around this guy so mystical? Why is he so much shrouded in secrecy and controversies? He has a penchant for flouting laws even as unelected candidate. Wonders what will happen if by sheer luck he smells that seat of power. What's difficult in filling right age, getting certified true copy of his certificate and attaching everything required like the other 14 candidates? Is it because he knows he has an army of street urchins who are ever ready to kill at his word or social dissidents masquerading as progressives and pro-masses around him? In a sane clime, he wouldn't have even drop his name talkless of coming out to contest for such highly contested and sensitive post.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Longeria(m): 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Even Muhammadu Buhari is not disturbed.
I see panic everywhere my brother.
Even you, you couldn't write your usual long epistle because your body is shaking.
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by Amanwulu1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
kellybently:

y are u afraid of contesting with GMB.
and why should I contest against him if he is not in my class(qualified)?
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by dombenis(m): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
dealslip:
APC asked anybody who wasnt satisfied with their answers and evidence to head to court. Now they are in court, they should be ready for any judgement whether it favours them or not. The same court has been helping them uphold victory in Osun state and elsewhere. They shouldnt insult the judicial system or accuse them of compromise if the outcome doesnt favour them this time around. Osinbajo is a worthy successor afterall he has been a good boost to Buhari's candidacy, he may have not made such inroad into SW without PYO. Maybe that rumour of Tinubu playing a fast one on the north is about to happen. APC is a party of change, they should accept whatever sudden change they may experience in the last few days to the election. Since they are progressives, anything thing from them is deemed presidential material even if it is Atiku, Amaechi or Tinubu. In all I wish them goodluck in their last minutes strategy and schemes. If the ruling doesnt suit them, the first thing GMB must do is to calm his supporters from slaying innocent civillians, they should direct their anger at the judge. We cannot cry foul about the carnage perpetrated by BH and follow the same route. If Buhari is guilty of the charges, he cannot expect the judiciary bend the law for him. He will be unfit to fight corruption. Mods do not hide my post, I only stated the obvious possibility

NB: I am Yoruba, my opinions up here do not represent any group or tribe shun tribalism.
..... guy I dey gbadu your post, please ride on.any one who need change must first of all change himself or herself before the audience. my vote go my able president Dr Good Luck Jonathan and my able governor Rochas Okorocha
.thanks and God bless Nigeria. long live Imo state, long live Nigeria, long live Africa.I pray that God ill make this election to be peaceful one and any one who want to cause violence or war in this nation Nigeria ill die before the election in Jesus name Amen
Re: Anxiety As Judge Adjourns Suit To Stop Buhari Till Today. by blackbee: 9:19am On Mar 26, 2015
What about he that falls and dies?

Kryx:

You are wrong.

A looser is not always a
looser.

He that falls several times must
surely rise one day provided he did not
give up.

No tension, No anxiety. Court cannot stop Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot / END Of The APC In Lagos State - Displaced Slum Dweller Claims / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.