Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee (1137 Views)

Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Boyfriend Of 6 Years / Man Surprises Girlfriend With Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ladygold555(f): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2015
My friend's birthday was yesterday and her boyfriend threw a small party to mark it. It was fun all through but the peak of the party was when the dude went down on one knee and popped the question of the century to our friend.
Wow, it was so beautiful and lovely but it also got me thinking, Why do guys go down on one knee to propose? What's the significance? Is it compulsory?? Please, what do you think about it??
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by vjsmiles: 7:28am On Mar 25, 2015
DID she say yes tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by justi4jesu(f): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:
My friend's birthday was yesterday and her boyfriend threw a small party to mark it. It was fun all through but the peak of the party was when the dude went down on one knee and popped the question of the century to our friend.
Wow, it was so beautiful and lovely but it also got me thinking, Why do guys go down on one knee to propose? What's the significance? Is it compulsory?? Please, what do you think about it??

I feel its a sign of respect, the man lowers himself as an act of humility before the woman he desires to spend the rest of his life with.

Furthermore angry when he is on one knee, the man is faced to face with the woman’s womb tongue, where life is created. He is honoring her body and honoring her as the Lord’s creation which deserves to be revered.

A man is surrendering himself and the rest of his life to her. He is surrendering bachelorhood tongue for fatherhood in promising to raise children with her and remain faithful cool to her in all things.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 25, 2015
That's just an effect of media conditioning
Everyone wants to do what they see in movies and tv shows
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by temitemi1(m): 7:34am On Mar 25, 2015
When u are asking for something, u need to ask with respect. Hope ur friend said YES grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ladygold555(f): 7:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Yes nor, who wan carry last?
vjsmiles:
DID she say yes tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by Henrypraise41(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2015
Mainly its just out of love but some girls take it for granted.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by vizkiz: 7:42am On Mar 25, 2015
he was on his kneels Mehn, that is some old shiiit! Why not stand very close to her, looking directly into her eye balls, and pop the question? undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by justi4jesu(f): 7:44am On Mar 25, 2015
Henrypraise41:
Mainly its just out of love but some girls take it for granted.

Hian...what do you mean angry
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ladygold555(f): 7:46am On Mar 25, 2015
justi4jesu:

I feel its a sign of respect, the man lowers himself as an act of humility before the woman he desires to spend the rest of his life with.

Furthermore angry when he is on one knee, the man is faced to face with the woman’s womb tongue, where life is created. He is honoring her body and honoring her as the Lord’s creation which deserves to be revered.

A man is surrendering himself and the rest of his life to her. He is surrendering bachelorhood tongue for fatherhood in promising to raise children with her and remain faithful cool to her in all things.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by dharay99: 7:47am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:

from where I come from, we shake d b¡tch if we wanna propose her... cry
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ladygold555(f): 7:49am On Mar 25, 2015
justi4jesu:

Hmmm, sounds interesting. But I think it's more of following a trend than being humble and surrendering, especially Nigerians. Do Nigerian guys really surrender and remain faithful in all things?? I DON'T think so

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by julietchic(f): 7:50am On Mar 25, 2015
am happy for her
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by naijaboiy: 7:52am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:
Yes nor, who wan carry last?

This is funny gringringringrin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by Dotwillis1(m): 7:52am On Mar 25, 2015
That's the norm
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2015
I don't care if he goes on his two kneels to propose to me! As long as his attitude is not the best for me, then he is not the one.
My answer is definitely going to be NO tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ladygold555(f): 7:53am On Mar 25, 2015
dharay99:

from where I come from, we shake d b¡tch if we wanna propose her... cry

Lol, where do you come from??
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by Tallesty1(m): 7:55am On Mar 25, 2015
Picture of the guy and your friend first
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by justi4jesu(f): 7:55am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:

Hmmm, sounds interesting. But I think it's more of following a trend than being humble and surrendering, especially Nigerians. Do Nigerian guys really surrender and remain faithful in all things?? I DON'T think so

Not really, some Nigerians are humble and can surrender if the love is present, faithful hmmmmm, i dey come cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by justi4jesu(f): 7:59am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:

Sambisa i guess smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by akinsadeez(m): 8:02am On Mar 25, 2015
It's a symbolic act representing the last time the man will ever go his knees for the lady. After marriage the woman will be the one kneeling for the man. grin

Besides, it shows a bit of humility. The man is humbly asking for her hand in marriage, bearing in mind the fact that she can say no.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by dharay99: 8:06am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:

Haiti... cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ladygold555(f): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2015
justi4jesu:

Not really, some Nigerians are humble and can surrender if the love is present, faithful hmmmmm, i dey come cheesy cheesy

Being faithful is vision 2020, they are still working on that one. Lol
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by justi4jesu(f): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2015
ladygold555:

Being faithful is vision 2020, they are still working on that one. Lol

Lol hopefully same goes to some women also. wink
Re: Marriage Proposal On Bended Knee by ijustdey: 8:41am On Mar 25, 2015
unbended knees.......... Boyz11Men

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Be Sure About These Before Getting Married / When Is The Ideal Time To Have Sex With Your New Partner? / What Do You Have To Say Bout This? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.