Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan (565 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / I Don't Want Antagonising Lawmakers-jonathan / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan by depson(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday told Nigerians, especially electorates from Abia State, that he did not want those who will be antagonising his lofty programmes as members of the National Assembly from May 29.

The President said the people should vote for Peoples Democratic Party candidates that will cooperate with him at the National Assembly.

Jonathan spoke at the Aba Sports Club in Abia State while addressing PDP stakeholders from the state.

He said, “I want you not only to vote for me but also to give me PDP candidates as members of the National Assembly.

“This is because I want those that will cooperate with me, not National Assembly members that will be antagonising Federal Government’s efforts.

“Those ones, every good thing you want to do, they will play politics with it.

“So, I appeal with you to return all PDP members who are contesting; that will help me. It will help budgeting.”

Jonathan said the South-East had remained his strongest support base since he ventured into national politics, saying his campaign office was in 2011 bombed in South-South where he hails from.

He promised that if re-elected on Saturday, he would meet many of the demands that were presented before him during the meeting.

Jonathan said the government was looking at the negative impact of the recent naira devaluation on importers promising that the issue would be sorted out soon.
Re: I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan by MRLINGTON(m): 9:12am On Mar 25, 2015
Wats my biz??

2K likes grin
Re: I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 25, 2015
Woe to dat youth dat put his fate on a 72 years old man to give him "change"

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan by dedos(m): 9:22am On Mar 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Woe to dat youth dat put his fate on a 72 years old man to give him "change"
woe to that youth who support and vote 4 clueless government.
Re: I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan by siraj1402(m): 9:43am On Mar 25, 2015
And how will he help it?
Re: I Don’t Want Antagonising Lawmakers, Says Jonathan by espn(m): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2015
They don't want lawmakers that will expose there stealing activities.

(1) (Reply)

Diff. Between Awolowo And Buhari / The Huge Difference Between The Past And The Future; Awolowo Vs Tinubu!!! / “buhari Is A Face Of Deceit & Chief Promoter Of Born To Rule” – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.