Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

The Nigeria Of My Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Of My Dream (3631 Views)

Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? / Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism / The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Of My Dream by solajacobs(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2006
After a serious thought about the part,the present and my vision for Nigeria, i decided to come out with this topic to reassure my people from all tribes and religions that indeed, a new day is coming.despite the fact that the nation has witnessed all sort of things since its inception,yet,what interests me most is that we can jointly make Nigeria a nation of our dream. Our attitude must change,our life must reflect the good image of our dream. I dream of a great nation where everybody irrespective of our background,would live together in peace and harmony., I dream of an highly civilized nation where exportation of our scientific initiatives would be a culture., I dream of a nation where there would be no poor or illiterate., I dream of a nation where the security of lives and properties is guaranteed., I dream of a nation flowing with milk and honey., I dream of a nation where there is neither south nor west,neither east nor north but one big family called Nigeria. What is your dream for Nigeria?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by otokx(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2006
There are poor people in US of A.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by beelyjay45(m): 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2006
The Nigerian of my dream should be like dis; Steady power supply no more "up NEPA" cheesy Gsm calls as low as N1 per min so i wouldnt ve to flash animore, travel to anywhere i want without embassies harassing me, being be able to take a walk without okada trying 2 run u down, Being able to trust the police, my area being free of miscreants, my country winning the world cup "yam" my country electing credible leaders not "chop and clean mouth leader" my country being able to respect and honor her citizens without money being the major determinant i can go on and on but i want u guys to give an insight of the Nigerian of ur dream.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by valianty(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2006
solajacobs and beelyjay45, may you wake up and see your dreams come true. May be going to the polls can help. Try and become good politicians. grin Better still, being good Nigerians will help. smiley
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by DRANOEL(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2006
i love nigeria the way it is,cause i can get to steal govt funds too grin grin
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by ono(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2006
DRANOEL:

i love nigeria the way it is,cause i can get to steal govt funds too grin grin

Interesting.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by Sijien(m): 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2006
there are so many of us dat dont want to work. like draonel
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by nilla(f): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2006
The Nigeria of my dreams------- hold on, I'm still dreaming, will report back when I'm done dreaming cheesy
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by solajacobs(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2006
May God bless nigeria. May God bless all of us. Nigeria shall rise again, Let us think of how to save our dear nation. This is the only place we can trully call ours. We can make it happen. I love you all.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by Seun(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2006
I don't think I have the right to dream about Nigeria because nigeria doesn't belong to me. But I can dream about the things that belong to me in Nigeria.
- I can dream about Nairaland, that it wil grow.
- I can dream about my bank account, that I'll have millions in it.
- I can dream about my future home, that it will be full of love.

The problem about dreaming about Nigeria, which belongs to none of us, is that our dreams about Nigeria will conflict with each other, which will cause fighting and political conflicts among us.

It's better to dream about the aspect of Nigeria that belongs to you. Your self, properties, money, career, etc.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by nilla(f): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2006
Seun:

I don't think I have the right to dream about Nigeria because nigeria doesn't belong to me.

I don't agree oh!. Nigeria belongs to me (us - shared inheritance).
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by Seun(m): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2006
Did you finish reading my post before reacting? I said:
The problem about dreaming about Nigeria, which belongs to none of us, is that our dreams about Nigeria will conflict with each other, which will cause fighting and political conflicts among us.

Have you ever wondered why politics is the most brutal profession in Nigeria? Because everyopne is trying to control the country for personal gain. It doesn't work! It's better to work out a system that'll enable each Nigeria to mind his own business and make it work to the benefit of himself/herself first, and then the country later on.

We should fight government-supported monopolies and resource plundering arrangements in the name of shared ownership and support entrepreneurship and private ownership. Each man his own dream.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by nilla(f): 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2006
Seun

I read your entire post. But we can still dream about the kind of Nigeria we want. We can have all the dreams as long as its positive.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by Chxta(m): 1:00am On Sep 11, 2006
Naija uber allen. . .
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by uzonwagba: 12:42am On Apr 16, 2012
Hello guys,

In view of this topic, I found out about a really cool opportunity today where teenagers can now have this same kind of thinking and expression about Nigeria. Imagine how much of an impact we can make on the future if we start critical thinking about national building at such a young age.

Here's the post on this:
https://www.nairaland.com/915414/coolest-opportunity-nigerian-teenagers-get
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by SmartTalk: 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
solajacobs: After a serious thought about the part,the present and my vision for Nigeria, i decided to come out with this topic to reassure my people from all tribes and religions that indeed, a new day is coming.despite the fact that the nation has witnessed all sort of things since its inception,yet,what interests me most is that we can jointly make Nigeria a nation of our dream. Our attitude must change,our life must reflect the good image of our dream. I dream of a great nation where everybody irrespective of our background,would live together in peace and harmony., I dream of an highly civilized nation where exportation of our scientific initiatives would be a culture., I dream of a nation where there would be no poor or illiterate., I dream of a nation where the security of lives and properties is guaranteed., I dream of a nation flowing with milk and honey., I dream of a nation where there is neither south nor west,neither east nor north but one big family called Nigeria. What is your dream for Nigeria?

I think you are getting it mixed. It is Biafra you are dreaming of. All that cannot happen in Nigeria. How can Nigeria export scientific initiatives when all the technology Biafrans created were dumped. How can Nigerians see themselves as one when they mouth off stuff about a fair society that they would like but tell them that landlords are refusing tenant and they say "leave am like dat". Biafra is the way.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
Seun:
I don't think I have the right to dream about Nigeria because nigeria doesn't belong to me. But I can dream about the things that belong to me in Nigeria.
- I can dream about Nairaland, that it wil grow.
- I can dream about my bank account, that I'll have millions in it.
- I can dream about my future home, that it will be full of love.

It's better to dream about the aspect of Nigeria that belongs to you. Your self, properties, money, career, etc.

Seun do you remember this post?

Now look at where you are now.

You are an epitome of dream come true

(1) (Reply)

And Jonathan Declares For Presidency On Facebook / Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting / Azeez Adeduntan Oyo State 2011 The Man That Want To Give Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.