Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? (2394 Views)

Wike Loses Bid To Stop Tribunal’s Sitting In Abuja / Rejoinder: Shamsuddeen Usman Denies Making Comments Against Yorubas, Tinubu / Six (6) Things Apc Governors Achieved By Going To Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 5:09pm On May 06, 2009
Everybody is complaining that the country is in shambles. . . . . We want a change of event, . . .No difference between our Military era and Democratic terrain. People are suffering and smiling. We need a revolution . . . .but we are all saying it behind closed doors. Someone thinks somebody would spearhead it. Somebody is looking at Someone to start it. Unfortunately Everybody knows the Nigeria of his dream and how to achieve it, but Nobody is doing anything tangible. Do we still have vibrant youths that can withstand the storm? God bless the likes of Late Tai Solarin, Late Bola Ige, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi, Tunji Braithwate, Late Fela Anikulapo et al. They made us proud when they were full of life. What is happening to this generation? Making comments only without action? Let's have a rethink as I leave you in the hands of Fela " Sorrow, Tears and Blood".
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by ikeyman00(m): 5:25pm On May 06, 2009
^^^^^

sure u re a nigeria, yea, and only the yorubas makes u proud

na craze

shocked

dnt forget dele giwa my man
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by MaiSuya(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2009
Guy you funny o! Btw those fifle you mentioned, to my understanding at least, would scarcely qualify as 'youths'
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2009
These people started their activism when they were youth. Yeah , i remembered Dele Giwa, Ken Saro Wiwa. . . . .that was why i said et al
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by las240s(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2009
of cos it can be achieved by having a good deep sleep and see it in ur dreams
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by redsun(m): 6:16pm On May 06, 2009
A case of everybody wants to go to heaven,nobody wants die.

We should remember Ken Saro Wiwa,he was a martyr,he died for a justified cause,
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by blacksta(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2009
redsun:

A case of everybody wants to go to heaven,nobody wants die.

We should remember Ken Saro Wiwa,he was a martyr,he died for a justified cause,

Are u saying ken wasted his life.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 6:25pm On May 06, 2009
@ redsun, good one. how many nigerians can die in the course of making this country a better place.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by blacksta(m): 6:28pm On May 06, 2009
if people are not ready to die - Can we all jointly fund the cost of hiring mercenaries.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 6:31pm On May 06, 2009
Lol @ Blacksta. What country will the mercenaries come from?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by redsun(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2009
@ Vicob,i will be in the position to answer your question when i am back home and hopefully before this year runs out,then i will know whether i can really make a difference.Some times complaining from a distance can be different from being involve.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by blacksta(m): 6:34pm On May 06, 2009
somali, iraq , iran , sudan - the list is endless.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 6:39pm On May 06, 2009
Hope our country wont be like the aforementioned countries if we hire their mercenaries. It seems they are worse than us.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by blacksta(m): 7:22pm On May 06, 2009
yicob:

Hope our country wont be like the aforementioned countries if we hire their mercenaries. It seems they are worse than us.

it is looking very likely. at moment it is a free for all . when the resources run out then madness kicks in.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 06, 2009
yicob:

These people started their activism when they were youth. Yeah , i remembered Dele Giwa, Ken Saro Wiwa. . . . .that was why i said et al

Ken started robbing his brothers as a youth.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On May 06, 2009
yicob:

Everybody is complaining that the country is in shambles. . . . . We want a change of event, . . .No difference between our Military era and Democratic terrain. People are suffering and smiling. We need a revolution . . . .but we are all saying it behind closed doors. Someone thinks somebody would spearhead it. Somebody is looking at Someone to start it. Unfortunately Everybody knows the Nigeria of his dream and how to achieve it, but Nobody is doing anything tangible. Do we still have vibrant youths that can withstand the storm? God bless the likes of Late Tai Solarin, Late Bola Ige, Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehinmi, Tunji Braithwate, Late Fela Anikulapo et al. They made us proud when they were full of life. What is happening to this generation? Making comments only without action? Let's have a rethink as I leave you in the hands of Fela " Sorrow, Tears and Blood".

I believe the problem is we still have the same mentality of old --- we expect things to “magically” work out even especially when we do nothing. We have become so accustomed to this evil condition and fight tooth and nail when the status quo is attacked by outsiders. We literally excuse some of these ills by vomiting some of the most ridiculous excuses possible and when confronted, we attack our critics, blaming them for the poor situation we have come to accept as our lot.

The way to deal is to actively speak out against what we see today. Unfortunately, people do not yet understand the power of speaking up and out when the opportunity to do so presents itself. Even when you have a government willing to listen to the people, there is not much move from the side of the populace to take advantage of that opportunity.  Consider the situation in Lagos today; the state has a  governor willing to listen to the people but instead of using that to their advantage, people would rather sit and praise from afar, rather than get involved to help speed up development and at the same time push power balance more to the side of the people.

I believe we as individuals need to realize that God gave each one of us hands, mouth and a head for a reason.  You read people claiming to be Obamanians and also typing out the “YES WE CAN” slogan everywhere they can but I am forced to wonder if these people understand what that means. Not until people decide to individually stand up against the wrong in society, will things change.

As for what happened in Ekiti, all hope is not lost. I mean if all well meaning Ekitians out there really want to make sure they do not get a repeat of what happened last week, now is the time, in my opinion, to attack. When I say attack, I am in no way advocating violence. I simply mean that the people have every right to sue this woman, and then INEC, and ultimately the government for pledging to enforce rule of law only to go back on that promised in less than a week. The people can demand a recount or even a re-do of the election. 

Note when I say people, I mean all of Ekiti. If We can only put aside out differences here and come forward to declare war against injustice, we are likely to see things start to change . This should not be a PDP or AC issue as it seems some have this false idea that the PDP is evil and AC members are saints. That is not the case. Both parties consist of politicians who currently hold office in that country. If AC really wanted justice for the people, it would have come out by now to sue INEC or even Adebayo on behalf of the people. 

I did ramble a bit. Was going back and forth while typing this up so If you have questions, feel free to ask

If you are just another numskull, skip this post completely!!
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by TmeD0(m): 8:00pm On May 06, 2009
blacksta:

if people are not ready to die -  Can we all jointly fund  the cost of hiring mercenaries.
ol' boy u no know say mercenaries dey expensive sha? 

i say we put some toro, kobo together and fund the somali pirates to do the job o jare. 

abi, u no dey see dem hand-work lately?  grin
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 8:13pm On May 06, 2009
@ kobo, funny enough, the swearing in was done in ekiti today. Imam and Priests were present to pray for oni.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I believe the problem is we still have the same mentality of old --- we expect things to “magically” work out even especially when we do nothing. We have become so accustomed to this evil condition and fight tooth and nail when the status quo is attacked by outsiders. We literally excuse some of these ills by vomiting some of the most ridiculous excuses possible and when confronted, we attack our critics, blaming them for the poor situation we have come to accept as our lot.

The way to deal is to actively speak out against what we see today. Unfortunately, people do not yet understand the power of speaking up and out when the opportunity to do so presents itself. Even when you have a government willing to listen to the people, there is not much move from the side of the populace to take advantage of that opportunity.  Consider the situation in Lagos today; the state has a  governor willing to listen to the people but instead of using that to their advantage, people would rather sit and praise from afar, rather than get involved to help speed up development and at the same time push power balance more to the side of the people.

I believe we as individuals need to realize that God gave each one of us hands, mouth and a head for a reason.  You read people claiming to be Obamanians and also typing out the “YES WE CAN” slogan everywhere they can but I am forced to wonder if these people understand what that means. Not until people decide to individually stand up against the wrong in society, will things change.

As for what happened in Ekiti, all hope is not lost. I mean if all well meaning Ekitians out there really want to make sure they do not get a repeat of what happened last week, now is the time, in my opinion, to attack. When I say attack, I am in no way advocating violence. I simply mean that the people have every right to sue this woman, and then INEC, and ultimately the government for pledging to enforce rule of law only to go back on that promised in less than a week. The people can demand a recount or even a re-do of the election. 

Note when I say people, I mean all of Ekiti. If We can only put aside out differences here and come forward to declare war against injustice, we are likely to see things start to change . This should not be a PDP or AC issue as it seems some have this false idea that the PDP is evil and AC members are saints. That is not the case. Both parties consist of politicians who currently hold office in that country. If AC really wanted justice for the people, it would have come out by now to sue INEC or even Adebayo on behalf of the people. 

I did ramble a bit. Was going back and forth while typing this up so If you have questions, feel free to ask

If you are just another numskull, skip this post completely!!

Why ask ekiti people to stand up and attack when they are the same people who starting these nonsense themselves?
The same people who are thugs to both PDP and AC.
They are the same people who threatened to assassinate the big fraud called adeboye.
Same people who are paid to assassinate each other.
The same people who raise down their own towns.
The same people support a rogues like fayose, tinubu, oni, arise and co.
The same people who use fake registration id to vote.

Even though AC may have been rigged out again; they are as much fraudulent as PDP.
So, the only way to get back on her feet is to play on the fact that PDP already has a bad name.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2009
The problem we have in this country are the masses. Our leaders are evil thinkers while we execute for them.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by SkyBlue1: 8:53pm On May 06, 2009
nuzo:

Why ask ekiti people to stand up and attack when they are the same people who starting these nonsense themselves?
They are the same people who threatened to assassinate the big fraud called adeboye.

Even though AC may have been rigged out again; they are as much fraudulent as PDP.
So, the only way to get back on her feet is to play on the fact that PDP already has a bad name.

Sorry but I really don't see how the fact that some Nigerians were hired or allowed themselves to be hired as PDP or AC thugs becomes a valid arguement with regards to progress and development in the state. The election which gave Bush his second term was reported to be less than stellar, who were the people used for such? Were they french? I just don't get how it would surprise people that Nigerian politicians would hire Nigerians as electoral thugs, I mean did we expect the thugs to come from the moon? Does the fact that some Nigerians allowed themselves to be used in such a way mean such is the reason the country is failing? Is it logical to draw a conclusion from such an extrapolation? Are we expecting Nigerians to be saints and all refuse money they don't have in order to uphold the benefit of the greater good? If so are we not holding Nigeria to a higher degree of morality that I doubt is yet to be achieved from any other country in the world? Finally, is wether a few men did or did not allow themselves to be used as electoral thugs or as vices used by the politicians against the masses the issue or is the issue the action or lack of it of the masses (no one excluded) who claim to want different?

It is interesting and personally, a tad encouraging that some threads have popped up whereby people have begun to question this whole culture of shouting down a computer and leaving it there. Most of the analysis, speeches, commentary, etc, to be honest they have been uttered and typed before. Won't it be ironic if we turn out to be no different than the leaders we castigate who deal in rhetoric but not action of any sort to remedy the situation?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by hoeyeadoe: 9:17pm On May 06, 2009
Kobo, yu've spoken.

My pp, in the words of BIG n puffy, ' Be the Change'. Now!
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On May 06, 2009
nuzo:

The people at the end of the day come out the losers. If they want to change things, then they need to unite to demand something be done about what happened. You will agree that those who acted as thugs are not in the majority. Definitely, we should not be focused on making it an AC or PDP issue as that remains the very reason why we continue to have these problems. In My opinion, 99.9% of the politicians, regardless of party affiliations, are responsible for the problems in that country. Definitely, we have acted so far as enablers by providing them with crooks and even votes to help them continue their looting.
However, if we are really ready to have all this end, we can do it. In fact, we do not need to be 100% united to get this done, even 30% coming together and COMMITTING to the fight can do it.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2009
Where will you even get the 30%?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On May 06, 2009
Well maybe not exactly 30%, but even 1% if they shout loud enough can cause change.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by tpiah: 2:36am On May 07, 2009
the pen is mightier than the sword though in Nigeria's case the pen is as crooked as the sword.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Nobody: 6:27am On May 07, 2009
Sky Blue:

Sorry but I really don't see how the fact that some Nigerians were hired or allowed themselves to be hired as PDP or AC thugs becomes a valid arguement with regards to progress and development in the state. The election which gave Bush his second term was reported to be less than stellar, who were the people used for such? Were they french? I just don't get how it would surprise people that Nigerian politicians would hire Nigerians as electoral thugs, I mean did we expect the thugs to come from the moon? Does the fact that some Nigerians allowed themselves to be used in such a way mean such is the reason the country is failing? Is it logical to draw a conclusion from such an extrapolation? Are we expecting Nigerians to be saints and all refuse money they don't have in order to uphold the benefit of the greater good? If so are we not holding Nigeria to a higher degree of morality that I doubt is yet to be achieved from any other country in the world? Finally, is wether a few men did or did not allow themselves to be used as electoral thugs or as vices used by the politicians against the masses the issue or is the issue the action or lack of it of the masses (no one excluded) who claim to want different?

It is interesting and personally, a tad encouraging that some threads have popped up whereby people have begun to question this whole culture of shouting down a computer and leaving it there. Most of the analysis, speeches, commentary, etc, to be honest they have been uttered and typed before. Won't it be ironic if we turn out to be no different than the leaders we castigate who deal in rhetoric but not action of any sort to remedy the situation?

Did you put up this long story to exonerate the bulk of the Ekiti people who participated in the latest fraud in Ekiti?
Would I have said the same thing for Edo people? Why didnt osumbor and igbenedion hire those deadly thugs who are willing to do anything for money? If they did, how come the edo people stood up and said no in totality?

What am I missing here?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2009
What happened in Ekiti could have happened in any state. Pdp was afraid to lose more states because that could jeopadize their stand in other states of the federation.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Nobody: 7:56am On May 07, 2009
yicob:

What happened in Ekiti could have happened in any state. Pdp was afraid to lose more states because that could jeopadize their stand in other states of the federation.

This is an assumption.

PDP took advantage of the fact that AC and most ekiti people were as deadly, corrupt and fraudulent as they (PDP) were. Owing to this, PDP knew that nigerians were not going to sympathize with any opposition in ekiti, not even when the likes of fayose is involved.

I mean, who wouldnt employ any means to win a poisonous opponent?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by yicob(m): 8:14am On May 07, 2009
If it cant happen in Edo, how come pdp won hands down in 2007? Were you guys sleeping when they rigged ?
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by SkyBlue1: 1:31pm On May 07, 2009
nuzo:

Did you put up this long story to exonerate the bulk of the Ekiti people who participated in the latest fraud in Ekiti?
Would I have said the same thing for Edo people? Why didnt osumbor and igbenedion hire those deadly thugs who are willing to do anything for money? If they did, how come the edo people stood up and said no in totality?

What am I missing here?

Wasn't trying to exonerate the thuggery that went on, I just disagree that it was a majority of the people in Ekiti who were used for electorlal thuggery and I am saying that the fact some people allowed themselves to be used for electoral thuggery is not the issue at all with regards to development and progress. The issue is what the majority who claim to want better are doing about the situation. How are we sure that there was no attempt at electoral fraud in Edo state? If there was and such plans were squashed would the issue then be that there was attempt at electoral fraud by some questionable elements or that such plans were defeated by those who didn't want such vices in their state? I just believe that talking has become way too overvalued, and it is such an easy thing to do when to be honest we have heard most of the rhetoric before. Someone is complaining everyday that his/her shoe hurts and the person countlessly formulates and comments on the best way to remedy the situation but they keep on wearing the shoe? The people I respect from the whole Ekiti electoral fiasco were those who were involved in the many reported incidences or rebellion against the vices, not those who just came to debate on the issue.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On May 07, 2009
yicob:

If it cant happen in Edo, how come pdp won hands down in 2007? Were you guys sleeping when they rigged ?
I think what Nuzo is trying to say is that we stop making this about the PDP. So what if PDP won this time around, what proof do we have that if AC was in the same position PDP is in now, it would not do exactly the same, as in do all it can to stay in control? I would say NONE. So far, AC has shown itself to be just as corrupt and unruly as PDP. Rigging is rigging; Hiring thugs, no matter how many is the same; Bribery is still bribery. So AC is no Saint here!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Freezes Akingbola’s N346bn Assets, £11m / U S Census 2010: Message To Ndiigbo -stand Up And Be Counted As Igbo / You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.