Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. (3422 Views)

°°• Sad And Depressing Truths You Might Not Have Realized°°• / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 27, 2015
Ewuro4, I wanted to make sure this impressionable young man at the crossroad of life doesn't get misguided by foolish advice
Dats all
Read his post and read your advice once more
If you still don't see how eediotic it sounded ,what more can I say ?
No need huffing and puffing
Just pointing out the obvious
No biggie wink

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Ewuro4: 5:08am On Mar 27, 2015
babyosisi:
I wanted to make sure this impressionable young man doesn't get misguided by foolish advice
Dats all

And you moderate advices on this section? grin werey....

Misguided Like your dummy follow follows ? Just listen to yourself. You're losing it Beatrice, you need serious grind from Azubuike. grin

Modafoka.. Just buzz off my space.

Last warning.
Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Ewuro4: 5:14am On Mar 27, 2015
babyosisi:
Ewuro4, I wanted to make sure this impressionable young man at the crossroad wink of life doesn't get misguided by foolish advice
Dats all
Read his post and read your advice once more
If you still don't see how eediotic it sounded ,what more can I say ?
No need huffing and puffing
Just pointing out the obvious
No biggie

You don rent liver to finally type my name ? Hehe

Just listen to yourself... Who do you think you are? You only come online to compensate for what you lack in real life. If you want someone to correct, you know where to click..

Excuse me, Buzz?
Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Priceless007:
Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions so far, I'll really appreciate more thoughts as I shed more lights on the current situation.
@Enoquin, I appreciate your thought, but the thing is, I am not basically at home doing nothing, If you read through my post, I stated the limited time I have, 10am to maybe 4pm. And often times, in between those hours he calls from the office and sends me on errands that might gulp up almost all that time, and some days I have to always be at home from 2:30 so as to look after the kids when they get back from school up until 5pm or so before the maid comes home from school.
@Jaybee3, I would really love to work, in fact I'm not the lazy type of guy and I used to work before now. But the thing is, what I'm considering now is the long term and future effect of leaving him to start working on my own again or staying put.
@thesonofmark, I get your point, and I'm guessing your situation was not as mine, considering whom you were living with. Thanks for your thoughts though.
@goodmorning40, thanks for the advice, I'm not such a type though, besides she's a minor.
I'll welcome and appreciate more thoughts and advice though.

Back to topic

Listen dear

Cost of college is no chicken change
Sometimes one has to lay low to obtain what they desire in life
Your eye has to be on the ball ,which is your future education
Loyalty pays great dividends
If you leave this house and go to your menial job because you are " bored" you could have lost a great opportunity

Go and buy books and read
Take up a hobby
Write stories
Start a small handyman business fixing things for neighbors for a fee if you are handy
You should be studying seriously to pass JAMB with a good score so what time do you have to do anything else?

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Ibangap(m): 7:35am On Mar 27, 2015
Ewuro4:
Some Nigerians sha...he's using you. What happened to pre-degree program of you failed jamb? If he really wants to help, he should do that for you and stop using you as his houseboy/ apprentice. undecided

OP, you sound level headed and ambitious, You heard the majority.. ..Get off your asś and get a job, save up and stop gambling, for your future.

Good luck!
And what is wrong with him being a houseboy? Though I would advice him to leave the house get something doing just like he used to, by so doing he might be able to save up some more money, cos I know how it feels to be jobless and idle, considering that he used to work and make money before now. And I believe that's why he's gambling because he seems not to be getting the kind of money he used to get while working, I'm not saying it's good to gamble though. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Ibangap(m): 7:45am On Mar 27, 2015
babyosisi:

Back to topic

Listen dear

Cost of college is no chicken change
Sometimes one has to lay low to obtain what they desire in life
Your eye has to be on the ball ,which is your future education
Loyalty pays great dividends
If you leave this house and go to your menial job because you are " bored" you could have lost a great opportunity

Go and buy books and read
Take up a hobby
Write stories
Start a small handyman business fixing things for neighbors for a fee if you are handy
You should be studying seriously to pass JAMB with a good score so what time do you have to do anything else?
Good advice. But if you say he should stay, and he eventually manages through this year and by next year he sits for another jamb examination and peradventure doesn't make it again, what then? Sounds like loosing on both sides, don't you think? He's 23 for heavens' sake, he should be making money working not sitting around waiting for help from people.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by kaboninc(m): 8:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Please oh, someone is seeking for advice. Let's advise!

Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Cashio(m): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2015
this is my 2 cents op.

Discuss de issue with ur boss. make him see reasons why u have to work. u are above de age of sitting idle depending on a man for all ur needs and considering de fact that he is married with kids.

men will fail you(especially married ones)

DO NOT PUT UR EGGS IN ONE BASKET!!!!

talking from experience

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Ewuro4: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ibangap:

And what is wrong with him being a houseboy? Though I would advice him to leave the house get something doing just like he used to, by so doing he might be able to save up some more money, cos I know how it feels to be jobless and idle, considering that he used to work and make money before now. And I believe that's why he's gambling because he seems not to be getting the kind of money he used to get while working, I'm not saying it's good to gamble though. Just my thoughts.

There's nothing wrong with being a houseboy but that wasn't his initial proposition, besides they already have a Jss3 girl maid undecided. For a gambler , I'm only conserned about his concentration to study in that environment, the boy is burdened with chores that he forgot to procure his JAMB slip to write his exam. Also, Madam is already feeling uncomfortable and will soon throw him out and these same crowd with still call him lazy/burden when he creates another thread for that.
What's wrong with pre-degree program instead of warming couch all day and mowing lawn? I don talk my own abeg.

Ibangap:

But if you say he should stay, and he eventually manages through this year and by next year he sits for another jamb examination and peradventure doesn't make it again, what then? Sounds like loosing on both sides, don't you think? He's 23 for heavens' sake, he should be making money working not sitting around waiting for help from people.

Really? undecided No need oh ... Let him continue trying to be wole Soyinka and Achuebe and madam will be smiling . Abi no be same Nigeria with flooding job opportunities?

#NL.. preaching what they can't practice since 1850#

kaboninc:
Please oh, someone is seeking for advice. Let's advise!
Thanks!
okay grin
Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by Ibangap(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
@Ewuro4
I get your point. Though I'm not saying he should leave or stay, I'm just weighing the pros and cons of the 2 options he's got.
Too many conflicting ideas here, and I'm not even sure the young man has gotten the solution he was seeking for by opening this thread.
BTW, what's your problem with babyosisi You knw her somewhere?
Pls lalasticlala should move this thread to the FrontPage so others can share their ideas with the op.
Re: Please Help! My Current Situation Is Depressing. by ogawisdom(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Priceless007:
Hi Nairalanders please take a little bit of your time to read this and offer me your advice on it. My name is Kevin, I'm 23 and currently living with someone I would call my boss and who equally is like an elder brother to me, he lives with his wife and 2kids and his wife is currently pregnant for their 3rd child, they also have a maid who is a jss3 student. Before now I was living with a friend in a one room apartment which we share the rent payment together. We've known each other for a long time and i used to visit him frequently on weekends and I'll help him with some house chores after which we'll watch European football leagues together for the weekend then I'll leave on Monday morning to my house and then leave for my daily menial jobs. I've been asking him to help me look for a job that will be able to raise me enough money for my rent and save some for my academics because the menial jobs I was doing wasn't raising enough money for both. So he promised to look for one for me since he knows a lot of business men via where he works. So last September on one of my occasional visits I asked him about the job since I was getting tired of doing the one I was doing, he told me he couldn't get me any better job considering the fact that I only have SSCE certificate so he suggested I should move in with him promising to sponsor my education but that it means i would have to give up the job I used to do and concentrate on my studies so I can pass my exams. So I accepted and moved in with him. I have a good waec result and I was suppose to sit for the just concluded Jamb examination but I missed my exam date because of late reprinting of my e-slip. So when I went on the initial examination day and found out I just went home, mad at myself for blowing that opportunity because if my carelessness. So I jus told him I wrote the exam but didn't pass. Now I'm always always at home alone during the day when everyone has gone to work or school respectively, and I feel depressed during this period and I think I'm just sitting all day wasting away my time and recently his wife has started exhibiting attitudes that makes both of us uncomfortable with each other, though I think it might be one of the symptoms of pregnancy stress or so. And I have this habit of gambling or sports betting (depending on what you want to call it) which I'm yet to give up though I think its bad, but haven't been fully convinced that it is (for lack of evidence, whether morally or religiously). And I make some money from it which also disappears as fast as it comes and I do this from the little pocket money he gives me sometimes. And right now I just feel so depressed staying at home doing practically nothing, and I'm torn between the thought of staying here and waiting till next year for another opportunity to try and get into the university, and moving out to get something doing, but the thing is, I don't think I can be living with him and be going out to find something to do. I only have between 10 am and 4pm every weekday. And I'm looking for a way to get myself back on track and make something out of my time, even if it means leaving my boss' house. But currently i have no where in mind to move to and no job to look forward to, though I have a few friends of mine who might want to take me in. So I'm asking for your advice on what next to do since this year is gone already (academic-wise that is). Being alone and idle is so depressing to me, since I'm not the sitting around type of guy. Any suggestion will be gratefully welcomed and you might ask a few questions to assist your contributions too. Forgive my typos and any writing error there might be. Thank you in advance.
(I hope I posted this in the right section, if not RoyalRoy or whoever is in charge here should help me forward it to the right section, thanks)

If u r nt lazy then u need to go n work here r a few things u can do

1. Find someone to ride keke for on hirepurchase
2. Learn how to drive n u can apply to companies, schools, etc as a driver
3. Remove ur shirt n go to a building site to help out as a labourer u can make 3 to 5k daily
4. U can become a luxurious bus conductor too
5. Borrow small money n start trading on sth
6. Why nt register with a company n sell their products on commission basis
7. Go n serve as a computer operator in a biz center n get paid
8. Stop gambling its a characteristic of extremely lazy ppl
Finally Pity party will nt lead you no where, at 23 u r a man d4 go n earn a living
Goodluck to u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? / How To Apply For And Get Fresh International Passport As A Married Woman / Is My Marriage At The Brink Of Collapse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.