Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? (5209 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Ladies! How Many Of You Do This??(picture) / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
Am dark skinned and was born that way, I grew up with the mindset that when I have the chance I will bleach and become light skinned , why? because my mom bleached, my sister bleached and some of my friends are bleaching and they said its because to be light skinned will get you attention.
I noticed it anyway, I will be in a social event my fair skinned friend will get more attention while I may get one or none. my mom even suggested I tone a but so my face can be a little lighter. some years ago I bleached and got the attention but I stopped because it made me feel inadequate. but now I tell myself being what am not because other people will like me or not is only denying myself of my happiness, I believe no one will appreciate you until you do. and I can bet you if not 100% am 99% happy with my self.

so fellow ebony ladies how do you cope with your being dark skinned and how do you deal with people telling you to go lighter and finally how do you deal with the fair skinned getting more attention than you?

PS...... guys no lie o, you're guilty of clicking thousands of likes on light skinned NL gals compared to dark skin ones of 90 or less.

4 Likes

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
I will always uphold this statement~ "Black is beautiful"

Op, first of all, your question is erroneous.... When you ask someone "How do you cope with something", then it means that your are directly implying that it's a disadvantage or a flaw in whatever context you use it.
Being dark skinned is not a disadvantage...

To your question, I think the problem starts from the dark-skinned ladies themselves. They feel their skin color doesn't make them look attractive and they start looking for alternative means to make themselves look more "attractive"

Secondly the media plays a huge role in this, especially the entertainment media which places emphasis on fair skinned ladies and demotes the dark skin to nothing but ugly, thereby creating the general impression that the fair skin looks more attractive than the dark skin.

Your self carriage goes a long way in programming the mental perception others have about you.
If you are proud of your color, other people will have no choice but to undergo that mental shift in the perception of you.

Ebony is beautiful, I don't just know why people can't see it....
I will always respect beautiful women like Genevieve, Agbani Darego and Lupita Nyongo, who have embraced and maintained their dark skin and have given no cognizance whatsoever to bleaching.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by 42n8dzydoo(m): 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
Black is beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
Beauty is more of character....
Bleaching your skin won't bleach ur bad character. Embrace who you are cos the person that really likes you will not be because ofyour bleached skin..
Living a fake life attracts fake people to you, (yes; bleaching is living a fake life) if u are dark remain dark, if u are light skinned remain that way.
Attraction varies with individuals.
The repercussion of bleaching your skin comes at old age, this companies won't tell you that until you discover the hard way... Don't follow the crowd grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by elantraceey(f): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
It depends on the kind of people around you, i for one have never felt intimated because of my dark skin instead i appreciated it and it everyone around me (that black beauty) and i've never being an attention seeker, if you don't like me the way i am then move on.

3 Likes

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by dharay99: 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
I'm waitin 4dia comments... undecided
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by ghost1718(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
so them say black is beautiful and i agree anytime i see my twin sis.......... Black

1 Like

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Rapmoney(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
I love black gurls! That dark skin gives me the thrills cheesy. Am a sucker for black girls!!!

5 Likes

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by jejemanito: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
What the hell is wrong with being dark??

1 Like

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 12:44pm On Mar 25, 2015
missclasssy:
Ok
madam stop booking space or I go trace you.
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Rapmoney(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
elantraceey:
It depends on the kind of people around you, i for one have never felt intimated because of my dark skin instead i appreciated it and it everyone around me (that black beauty) and i've never being an attention seeker, if you don't like me the way i am then move on.
Hehehehe grin grin
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
jejemanito:
What the hell is wrong with being dark??
nothing, just an observation.
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by jashar(f): 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
'Black skin'- I dislike that term. Cuz no one is truly black but dark skinned.
Any way, na lie joorrrr......
If not, no dark skin lady for don marry.
OP, your problem/challenge is low self esteem.

Do you know that it's the way you perceive your self that others see you? See yourself as beautiful and people would acknowledge your beauty.

Don't try to copy others, you're unique in your individuality. Have good physical hygiene, dress in clothes that fit you and have a pleasant attitude.
BTW, bleaching is dangerous to ya health. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Alexdroh(m): 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
elantraceey:

I luv the way u are kiss..am not movin on
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by mayormoney37: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
She no even upload her pix make we confirm say she never bleached

1 Like

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by mayormoney37: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
omo ale jati jati........ur papa bleached, ur mama bleached even ur sister self bleached......na were u cum from if u no bleach....... u fall from heaven ? shocked
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by ipleddge: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
So after this long story of yours,no picture to support Ur claim undecided

You need to appreciate your self,dark girls rock realy.look that huglee Lupita nyogo,she black,she no fine but she appreciate herself and many people now celebrate her

1 Like

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Rapmoney(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
I hate girls who bleach! Some look like ghosts! They give me malaria and fever sometimesgrin

2 Likes

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by ipleddge: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
elantraceey:
You look so nice baby,and u very proud Abt that
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2015
jashar:
'Black skin'- I dislike that term. Cuz no one is truly black but dark skinned.
Any way, na lie joorrrr......
If not, no dark skin lady for don marry.
OP, your problem/challenge is low self esteem.

Do you know that it's the way you perceive your self that others see you? See yourself as beautiful and people would acknowledge your beauty.

Don't try to copy others, you're unique in your individuality. Have good physical hygiene, dress in clothes that fit you and have a pleasant attitude.
BTW, bleaching is dangerous to ya health. cheesy
noted.
thanks
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
Seriously? I have dark skinned friends who are heads- turner any day,any time. Its all about carriage my dear,and they are thick bi..tches btw,hard to ignore. I like when a girl has attitude,u walk into a room and its like someone sucks out the air,all eyes on u and u just bask in the moment.

Girl,love urself,ur skin.
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
mayormoney37:
omo ale jati jati........ur papa bleached, ur mama bleached even ur sister self bleached......na were u cum from if u no bleach....... u fall from heaven ? :oomo ale jati jati........ur papa bleached, ur mama bleached even ur sister self bleached......na were u cum from if u no bleach....... u fall from heaven ?
Lol, roflmao
Na my phone battery de hold me f not, you for cry today. anutolotolo.
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
Rapmoney:
I love black gurls! That dark skin gives me the thrills cheesy. Am a sucker for black girls!!!

Yea! Me too
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by jashar(f): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
K9blunt:

noted.
thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by alberto2k(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Op i take God beg u... no go bleach abeg u cry

Black is beautiful iswear cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by 2dice(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
Black is Magic
Black is Lovely
i can authoritatively say
Adam is a BlackMan cheesy cheesy
who wan help me argue am :/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by mayormoney37: 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
K9blunt:

Lol, roflmao
na God save u ooo if not we for see who go cry.......buzu
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by dollyptosh(m): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
K9blunt:

Lol, roflmao
lol
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
mayormoney37:

na God save u ooo if not we for see who go cry.......buzu
you know that I know that you know we both know , it is you that will cry.
mgbeke.
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
alberto2k:
Op i take God beg u... no go bleach abeg u cry

Black is beautiful iswear cheesy
e don te since I stop am, am now normal dark skinned. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by Candyness(f): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
K9blunt:
Am dark skinned and was born that way, I grew up with the mindset that when I have the chance I will bleach and become light skinned , why? because my mom bleached, my sister bleached and some of my friends are bleaching and they said its because to be light skinned will get you attention.
I noticed it anyway, I will be in a social event my fair skinned friend will get more attention while I may get one or none. my mom even suggested I tone a but so my face can be a little lighter. some years ago I bleached and got the attention but I stopped because it made me feel inadequate. but now I tell myself being what am not because other people will like me or not is only denying myself of my happiness, I believe no one will appreciate you until you do. and I can bet you if not 100% am 99% happy with my self.

so fellow ebony ladies how do you cope with your being dark skinned and how do you deal with people telling you to go lighter and finally how do you deal with the fair skinned getting more attention than you?

PS...... guys no lie o, you're guilty of clicking thousands of likes on light skinned NL gals compared to dark skin ones of 90 or less.

Hiya, check out my profile. I am an accountant and a part time model. Black is beautiful
Re: Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? by K9blunt(f): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
Candyness:

Hiya, check out my profile. I am an accountant and a part time model. Black is beautiful
Woa....
speechless. thanks a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Powerful Ways To Make Your Lady Happy Always / Is This True About The Yoruba People? (pic) / I Just Fried And Ate 4 Eggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.