Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today (64654 Views)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by pekeyim: 8:06am On Mar 27, 2015
guiddoti:
How do you mean? one cannot save enough money to travel for two weeks. I think green passport holder has query to answer consular. Its just too bad for genuine applicant to be denied without careful investigation.

That guy wasn't genuine, u work in a cleaning company as a manager and earn 180k

Minus that no be say ur cousin dey wed or smth, u. ,
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by MadCow1: 9:02am On Mar 27, 2015
GatJokez:

no not a lie... at least the US ones. undecided

I worked with a multi national oil company and can tell you for a fact that securing a Visa for Nigeria, especially a work Visa is hard for white folks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by LBTY(f): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2015
justwise:

Is his wife and kid not a tie?

My reply wasn't for the op, it was for another woman with a similar encounter. But no, a wife and a kid isn't enough ties, the man can decide to abandon them for a better life abroad nah. Lol.. Most times, anything money related in Naija will do the trick!
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by highachiever(f): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
trendyindian:
Dear Consulate,

. I was denied my bi/b2 visa today cry. I told the consulate I am married with 2kids and I will be going for 3 weeks to see my nephew I have not seen for a long time.

She asked me why I was travelling alone nd I told her my kids r in school. But I was denied.

I need your help to advise me on what to do cos am thinking of reapplying with my kids and husband asap for Christmas holiday. Cos I noticed all applicants that came with der kids nd husband were given visa.

1. my problem is when I re apply will I be the main applicant while my husband nd kids will be dependant?

2. Should I use hotel reservation or I should use the same relative (my uncle) as my contact person.

kindly help me cos I need to start asap.

thank you.

When you re-apply,your husband should be the main applicant and the rest of the family as dependents.Also,use a hotel reservation and stick with the information about your uncle as a relation you have there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by HolyHolla(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
justwise:

Talk is cheap.

Sorry Dear. It's a pity, you don't even believe in yourself.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justwise(m): 6:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
HolyHolla:

Sorry Dear. It's a pity, you don't even believe in yourself.

I believe in my self but i don't suffer blind patronize or deluded
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by HolyHolla(m): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
ttmacoy:
Na so e pain you reach? All because of visa you are praying for their countries to collapse.

You conveniently ignore the fact that it's due Nigerians messing up that has made things this difficult.

You do realise there was a time Nigerians were visa free but you a I habused the system. Even recently Singapore stopped Nigerians being visa free for same reason.

Why not pray and work hard for Nigeria to be up to par instead and develop a reputation as a country that respects the rule of law and works? That way there is mutual respect it's easier to travel as they know Nigeria is good and they wi return home.

No, I'm not pained because I don't have to line up at embassies. I have an EU passport, so I can travel as I like. I also work hard enough to have my wife and children live and work/school in UK and US, but I chose to live in Nigeria because I believe in us all salvaging it together. I reserve a Plan B to retrieve my family back when the glory returns to Nigeria. But I also see the collapse of some of these societies strongly approaching as they lose their moral values, leading to social and economic upheavals.

It's for people like you that I see that future, of a Nigeria where people from the presently developed nations cluster at embassies to migrate to a Nigeria that is still relatively sane. Ask the Men of God as well as historians and they will tell you that when righteousness and morality leave a people, decay begins to set in, so please work too, and pray for the fulfillment of a great future for our dear nation.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by trendyindian: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
highachiever:

When you re-apply,your husband should be the main applicant and the rest of the family as dependents.Also,use a hotel reservation and stick with the information about your uncle as a relation you have there.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by trendyindian: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
When you re-apply,your husband should be the main applicant and the rest of the family as dependents.Also,use a hotel reservation and stick with the information about your uncle as a relation you have there.[/quote]
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by xp17(m): 5:44am On Mar 28, 2015
Flautist:
Chai. And my Nigeria is a home for aliens, just N100 and they are in my country without ordinary passport self... WTF is this?
coming to Nigeria ain't ordinary. Nigeria is one of the few countries that is not visa free to the united states and getting it is also difficult. You should be proud of the green passport. wink
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ttmacoy: 6:07am On Mar 28, 2015
It's interesting how everyone on Nairaland has EU passport but chose to live in Nigeria while their wives and kids live and school in UK and US.

If you believe in Nigeria as you say then get rid of thosepassports, bring your kids back and put them in Nigerian schools and work hard to develop the country.

You say moral decadence in the western world. Are you telling me Nigeria is moral? You may have one of the highest number of churches per square foot in the world but please do not be deceived that makes you moral. Nigeria is as immoral as they come.

It is this same immorality that has actually led to this situation where Nigerians now find it hard to get visas. As I said in my last post there was a time when Nigerians were visa free to many of the world's best countries, but due to us abusing the systems and spoiling our name we lost that privilege so until you sort out the mess and rebuild your reputation, you can keep praying all you like it will not make a difference.

Nigerians have what they need to me a change but would rather fast and pray. Goodluck with that.

Thanks for thinking about me and my future so I wouldn't have to queue for visa - i look forward to that time. In the meantime I will continue to queue so I can get an EU passport like you and send my wife and kids to UK and US to live and study
You're a role model smiley

HolyHolla:

No, I'm not pained because I don't have to line up at embassies. I have an EU passport, so I can travel as I like. I also work hard enough to have my wife and children live and work/school in UK and US, but I chose to live in Nigeria because I believe in us all salvaging it together. I reserve a Plan B to retrieve my family back when the glory returns to Nigeria. But I also see the collapse of some of these societies strongly approaching as they lose their moral values, leading to social and economic upheavals.

It's for people like you that I see that future, of a Nigeria where people from the presently developed nations cluster at embassies to migrate to a Nigeria that is still relatively sane. Ask the Men of God as well as historians and they will tell you that when righteousness and morality leave a people, decay begins to set in, so please work too, and pray for the fulfillment of a great future for our dear nation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by justwise(m): 7:22am On Mar 28, 2015
ttmacoy:
It's interesting how everyone on Nairaland has EU passport but chose to live in Nigeria while their wives and kids live and school in UK and US.

If you believe in Nigeria as you say then get rid of thosepassports, bring your kids back and put them in Nigerian schools and work hard to develop the country

You say moral decadence in the western world. Are you telling me Nigeria is moral? You may have one of the highest number of churches per square foot in the world but please do not be deceived that makes you moral. Nigeria is as immoral as they come.

It is this same immorality that has actually led to this situation where Nigerians now find it hard to get visas. As I said in my last post there was a time when Nigerians were visa free to many of the world's best countries, but due to us abusing the systems and spoiling our name we lost that privilege so until you sort out the mess and rebuild your reputation, you can keep praying all you like it will not make a difference.

Nigerians have what they need to me a change but would rather fast and pray. Goodluck with that.

Thanks for thinking about me and my future so I wouldn't have to queue for visa - i look forward to that time. In the meantime I will continue to queue so I can get an EU passport like you and send my wife and kids to UK and US to live and study

5 Stars!!!!!!

1000....Likes...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by trendyindian: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thank u so much for ur responds guys.

do they sometimes denial applicants with husband nd 2kids? And on what ground are they denied. Cos I feel all family applicants are given visa.

it will be painful if me,my husband and 2 kids are denied cos thats a lot of money...(31,200 ×4) smiley....

Thnks
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by HolyHolla(m): 3:43am On Mar 29, 2015
ttmacoy:

If you believe in Nigeria as you say then get rid of thosepassports, bring your kids back and put them in Nigerian schools and work hard to develop the country.

I do agree with you that we are not there yet. I realize that Nigeria of now is not rightly tuned. While I'm prepared to face it because my generation caused what is in existence, I will still shield my family to have better prospect and future. How would you expect me to bring up children when the educational standard is so low that even a graduate in Nigeria cannot distinguish between present, continuous and past tenses? Let my children be properly educated and they will return to develop Nigeria with their expertise. There is coming a time when in Nigeria, we will get there and the favor of God will descend on Nigeria accordingly. It's not a cliche. We still have a better chance because there is yet some fear of God in our hearts than for those who absolutely confess rejection of God. That is the morality I'm talking about.

I noticed something at the dawn of the new milennium. The Europeans and Americans gathered at their places of utmost interests, including clubs houses, parks, domes, magnificient buildings and ancient landmarks. But Africans, particularly, Nigerians, were in churches, praying. That tells a lot about how our hearts sway when confronted with the unknown. When the world lapses into problems and plagues, Africans and other nations currently oppressed will turn to God while advanced nations would rather turn to science and technology for salvation. And you can take that to the bank.

Keep the faith and believe in Him who is able to do it and you will see it happen... even during your lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2015
Please I met a St Lucian woman on facebook, she has Belgian passport, lives in Belgium though and we are kinda very close....
She is due to visit me in Nigeria by May/June, and she is so serious about me coming over after she must have gone and due to my academic schedules, I will be chanced by Nov/Dec.
By the way am in my HND finals computer science, due to be through this year ending.

I am kinda worried, I am not a huge earner, I only earn through software and web freelancing and my site too, but she wants to fund my travels,
also getting me worried is my school situation since I want to apply for visitation/tourist visa, two months max.

What and what do I need before I can be issued a schengen visa, I need any advice I can get.

Thanks all.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by trendyindian: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good Afternoon,

Kindly help me with my little issue. I applied for the US visa in March but I was denied based on the fact that I wasn't traveling with my kids
and husband and I haven't changed my maiden name to my husbands name. right now, I want to apply with my husband and two boys in June for Christmas holiday, please do I need to change my fathers name to my husbands name. and what are the chances that my visa will be approved this time. I noticed they gave apparently all those that came with their family members. another issue is that this is our first time of travelling outside the country. Kindly enlighten me more cos it will be very painful to spend such an amount and get the denial again.

God bless you
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by kilode100(f): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
chibwike:
You for beg na....

cheesy

24 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by kilode100(f): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Royals1:
thank you everyone for ur contributions. Howeva d issue is every one wit his or her opinion. If am specific, pple will giv it as excuse for refusal, if am xplanatory, pple will say i talk too much as xcuse for my refusal. So its lies in God hand. As for d guy dt says i lie on invitation, if u will like to see it i will show it to u, only if u request sha, just like d VO did not ask for it. Every document of my cousin is with me but she neva asked about dem. Anoda thing dt i see again is travelling xperience which i dont have, it might be d reason for my refusal. But whocheva way, if u are fortunate thank God, if u are not struggle continue, its not a do or die, i ave my job here dt i can still survive with. I can reapply again someothe time.

eeyah*

23 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Xerum(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
@Boolet
Just as the statement of account and other docus became useless according to what we've read, so would have the invitation letter. They use maniacal discretion - the consulate officers - which is misconstrued for psychology.

Gbam! You are sooo right. Most of the decisions they take regarding 1st time travellers are just arbitrary and devoid of any logical / transparent process.

The only time they seem to apply some logic / common sense is when it involves frequent travellers and people with previous travel records. Even at that.
A friend’s sister was denied visa to a country she had visited several times without overstaying her visa 1 min, among the reasons given was that they were not sure she would return to her place of residence after her visit, which she had done countless times previously. Can you beat that?
Why should they even be taken seriously when they have difficulty distinguishing fake docs from genuine ones. How many times have they not condemned genuine docs for being fake.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by NovusHomo(m): 2:08am On Apr 28, 2015
qbd2:

I don't understand what uve just said. Does that mean a nigerian can't travelto d us on a tourist visa?

Yes, they can. Its just that that line has been so overused and abused that it might not work.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by NovusHomo(m): 2:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Stoner69:

What are you saying?

That line has been so overused and even abused that it might not work.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by mosh2035(m): 6:48am On Jun 05, 2015
I got my US Visa B1/B2 stress free. She asked me questions and I answered swiftly. All you need to be calm and don't try to impress the VO.
She asked what am going to do, asked about previous travels and I gave her my passport to see herself. I have good travel history. She continued typing and then said "please go pick up your visa on Wednesday". Simple and straight forward. She didn't check my documents despite offering to show her my bank statement. Na baba GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by realityvice101: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'm so glad to come across dis column I have gottn more info about US embassy interview ups to everyone n dia contribution and opinion. Here is it, Am going fot an interview in 7 days time for B1/B2 in Lagos. I hv previously booked an appointmt 6month ago whe i Wanted to apply for F-1 visa, unfortunately I didn't attend d interview bcoz of d mistake I made on my DS-160 form. So does anyone know if my form I filled for d F-1 visa still in their data base? Because there are some changes in dat form n d one I filled for B-B2. Will dey make reference to my previous form? Secondly I need more advice for my preparation I have travel history on my passport n I included my spouse on this application. How do I prepare myself some one should help me
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by python1989: 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
WELL MINE WAS A DIFFERENT CASE ENTIRELY.
I APPLIED FOR B1/B2 VISA AND I DID MY INTERVIEW HERE IN LAGOS, ALTHOUGH THE CROWD WAS MUCH BUT I HAD FAITH AND I BELIEVED IN MYSELF. *NOTE* I WAS LOOKING VERY SHARP.

ME; GOOD DAY MA'AM

VO; GOOD DAY, MAY I HAVE YOUR PASSPORT PLS

ME; YES PLS (HAND OVER MY DOCUMENTS)

VO; WHY ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO THE US?

ME; I AM TRAVELLING TO CALIFORNIA TO VISIT SOME INTERESTING PLACES LIKE THE HISTORIC ALCATRAZ PRISON, THE ICONIC GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE AND TO ALSO RIDE ON THE CABLE WIRED CARS AROUND THE CITY. I ALSO WANT TO USE THIS TIME TO UNWIND AND HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE IN THE STATES.

VO; WHAT DO YOU DO?

ME; I WORK WITH THE FIRST INTEGRATIVE AND NUMBER 1 CHOICE OF PHARMACY IN NIGERIA.. HEALTHPLUS PHARMACY AS A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN.

VO; HOW LONG HAVE YOU WORKED WITH THEM?

ME; 6YRS

VO; ARE YOU MARRIED?

ME; (WITH A DEPRESSED EXPRESSION ALL OVER MY FACE) I AM NOT LEGALLY MARRIED BUT MY WIFE TO BE WHO WAS PREGNANT LOST THE CHILD AND ALSO DIED AT CHILDBIRTH.....(NOTE THIS WAS A BIG LIE...AM JUST 26 YRS OLD I NEVER EVEN DREAM OF GETTING MARRIED)

VO; THANK YOU VERY MUCH PLS COME BACK AFTER 3 BUSINESS WORKING DAYS TO COLLECT YOUR VISA.

BEHOLD WHEN I GOT TO DHL TO PICK UP MY VISA THEY GAVE ME 2YRS VISA.

PLS NOTE THAT I PRAYED FERVENTLY FROM DAY 1 OF THE VISA PROCESS TILL THE END..GOD BLESS YA'LL.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ifyalways(f): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2016
^^lol

It's two years visa for every B1/B2 applicants.

This your lie na wao, all for visa.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Bioboy1213(m): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
Use leeeeeeeeeeeeg.
in fact, long one....
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Caleycash(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
EroticAngelina:
lmao! eyha! sorry swiri.
countries like usa, canada, london, spain etc hardly accept nigerians.
tip: nxt time u wanna apply 4 visa again, tell ur cousin over there 2 send an invitation letter. if u get it and show the visa ppl, ur chances of getting visa are higher wink
is London a country?!
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by whyqueu(m): 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Capitano1:
Hmmm na wa o

Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2. My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just finished our undergraduate studies .We have no travelling experience and we have booked our reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my family including my dad but my siblings are still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that won't they say we are graduate and with economic situation of d country dat these guys will run away? Please what are our Chances Famz? Thanks
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Honeyd26: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please I am just about to start the process, any advise on how best to go about it?
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by worry357: 1:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Honeyd26:
Please I am just about to start the process, any advise on how best to go about it?

Tell only the truth.
Do not use an agent.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Obainofresh: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
Please I need a serious advice , I and my wife got a 2yrs B1/B2 visa for honeymoon , our original plan was to go to Chicago , and that we told the VO . But now my wife is insisting we go to NY . So please advice me if there would be an issue that the NY port of entry . Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Lady Trapped Under A Container That Fell On Her In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.