Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today (64656 Views)

Bull Wandering On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos Today (Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by worry357: 7:39am On Mar 18, 2017
Obainofresh:
Please I need a serious advice , I and my wife got a 2yrs B1/B2 visa for honeymoon , our original plan was to go to Chicago , and that we told the VO . But now my wife is insisting we go to NY . So please advice me if there would be an issue that the NY port of entry . Thanks

Tell them that YOU wanted to go to Chicago but your wife insisted on New York (for shopping.)
That for peace in the household you have to do what she wants.

Any westerner will believe that the wife must be obeyed. shocked grin shocked grin
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ttmacoy: 10:23am On Mar 18, 2017
As long as you can clearly and confidently explain why you changed your mind and show proof of what you are going to do in NY it should be fine.

If I may ask why is she insistent in NY over Chicago? I would have thought Chicago actually offers a nicer and calmer holiday for honeymoon as opposed to the hectic bustle of NY.

Obainofresh:
Please I need a serious advice , I and my wife got a 2yrs B1/B2 visa for honeymoon , our original plan was to go to Chicago , and that we told the VO . But now my wife is insisting we go to NY . So please advice me if there would be an issue that the NY port of entry . Thanks
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by fiendishghoul: 10:37am On Mar 18, 2017
SkinnyDude:
you are going to visit your cousin with no invitation letter from him. the lie wasn't solid. next time, cook up a nice lie. you were luck they didn't ask you why you want to visit him. you might stammer your life away.
When it gets to your turn, please submit your documents before they ask u
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by GOLDENWOLF(m): 10:52am On Mar 18, 2017
OtunbaFestus:

The simple truth of your refusal are just two reasons.
1, You've never travelled of out Nigeria before and wish to go on a twelve hrs journey to meet your cousin for two weeks holiday. Obudu cattle ranch is close by and its better than the long distance.
2, You are married with a kid and you want to leave them behind, its obvious your intent is to go without returning.

If you need visa advice, will gladly dish it out.
Please I need US and UK visas advice.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Pamelayoung: 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
You reason was cogent enough and you didn't sound convincing. Btw why do ya all like to go to America? Bleep united states of America
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by worry357: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
GOLDENWOLF:
Please I need US and UK visas advice.

Then read the US and UK sections where you will learn much.
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Obainofresh: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
[quote author=ttmacoy post=54702888]As long as you can clearly and confidently explain why you changed your mind and show proof of what you are going to do in NY it should be fine.

If I may ask why is she insistent in NY over Chicago? I would have thought Chicago actually offers a nicer and calmer holiday for honeymoon as opposed to the hectic bustle of NY.

Thank you for your reply sir , What kind of proof would that be , because the only reason we are going isfor honeymoon and coming back after a month .And to answer your question as for why she now asking for NY . Her friend at work told her it's more beautiful there and all that
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ttmacoy: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
By proof I mean hotel reservations, not compulsory but any reservations you have made for things to do in NY, a plan or itinerary of what you plan to do in NY.

It's your call and hey NY is nice but I disagree with her friend, Chicago is. A lot calmer and beautiful than NY. NY is more hussle bussle but still an experience so enjoy it.

Depending on your budget some things you can try to see a show on Broadway that is if you enjoy musicals and plays. Have fun

Just be able to confidently say what you guys plan to do for the month etc and you should be fine.

[quote author=Obainofresh post=54812130][/quote]
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by ttmacoy: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2017
For your next trip try to visit Chicago and compare. Below are some links on Chicago v NYC smiley.

P.S I am a bit biased as I live in Chicago though I love NYC as well but will always take Chicago over NY.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k1339944-o10-Chicago_V_new_york-Chicago_Illinois.html

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/15/9-reasons-chicago-should-be-your-next-us-holiday-instead-of-new-york-6252491/

Obainofresh:
Thank you for your reply sir , What kind of proof would that be , because the only reason we are going isfor honeymoon and coming back after a month .And to answer your question as for why she now asking for NY . Her friend at work told her it's more beautiful there and all that

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Lucasbalo(m): 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
ttmacoy:
For your next trip try to visit Chicago and compare. Below are some links on Chicago v NYC smiley.

P.S I am a bit biased as I live in Chicago though I love NYC as well but will always take Chicago over NY.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g35805-i32-k1339944-o10-Chicago_V_new_york-Chicago_Illinois.html

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/15/9-reasons-chicago-should-be-your-next-us-holiday-instead-of-new-york-6252491/

Being a life long Chicagoan, I absolutely agree with you that Chicago is better than New York. Infact, I believe Chitown is 10times better but like you said, we are partisans when it comes to The Windy City.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by romres1: 12:05am On Jun 28, 2017
Royals1:
This is my experience at US embassy in Lagos today. At window 1
VO: where are u going in Us
Response: am going to Chicago in illinios
VO: what are you going there for
Response: I want to visit ny cousin over there.
VO:how long are u staying there
Response: just for 2 weeks
VO: what do u do heere
Response: I work as a manager in a cleaning compaany
VO: how much do u earn
Response: 180k afta tax

VO: Are you married?
Response: Yes with a kid.
VO: have you travelled before?
Response: No.
VO: Put your fingerprint there.
VO: Thank you for coming you can re-apply some other time. Take this paper and read it thank you.
Response: thank you

Mine was almost like that
Where are you going to in US? Brooklyn in New York

Where do u work? I work with A school as a Geography teacher

Where does your wife work? Lagos state ministry of education
Have you travelled before? No
How many kids do you have? 3 boys
You can pick your passport at DHL VI
Re: My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today by Ayodejibaba: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hello all, its a good job u guys are doing here. Kudos. Pls I need help. I applied for a tourist visa to us together with my spouse in dec., 2017 and was denied based on no strong ties. Now we want to reapply, my question is can we reapply this time with an invitation from someone in us considering d fact that it was tourism we applied for the other time. Also can we apply only after a month of the last denial. Do they keep record of the last interview and form filled d last time

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Lady Trapped Under A Container That Fell On Her In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.