|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,486,755 members, 5,635,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 June 2020 at 03:48 AM
|5 Benefits Of Online by zicoamani(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2015|
Once thought of as taboo and only for the socially unacceptable, Online dating has become very much mainstream with an estimated 55% of all single people in Nigeria using an Online dating service. Why are so many people flocking to Online dating?
Because it can work. There are challenges to Online dating, as with meeting the love of your life at the supermarket, but more often than not Online dating offers a low cost, safe way to meet new people that you probably would not have come across in your everyday life. In most cases, the experiences gained with Online dating are positive ones. Even if you never make a love connection, you can make many new friends. Thousands of people have met online through a dating service, built a friendship, and then gone on to be married. Therefore, if you are thinking about joining an Online dating service, you should expect something positive to come from it. Here are some of the benefits of Online dating:
1) Generally, Online dating is a safer way than meeting someone in person. Most reputable Online dating services allow you to protect your identity until you feel comfortable enough in the process to reveal this. Online dating also allows you to determine the place of your initial face-to-face meeting, which gives you the opportunity to choose a location that is very well populated and safer. This eliminates one of the main fear for women when considering Online dating.
2) Online dating eliminates the need for that chance meeting. With Online dating, you have the opportunity to meet people regardless of your schedule. Since the Online dating services are open 24x7, 365 days a year, you can meet people on your schedule. You do not have to be at their location, at the exact same time, and all the stars align for you to find that person. Online dating makes it easy for you to meet people on your schedule and respond on your schedule.
3) Online dating gives you a better opportunity to get to know each other before getting too serious. The process of Online dating is usually a little slower than when you meet someone in person, but the slowness of the process makes you learn more about the person. Their likes and dislikes, interests, and their simple ability to have a decent conversation. Typically, two people will communicate via the dating service, eventually talk on the phone, and then at some point, make a date to meet in person. All of this takes time so you have the chance to learn more about a person than what you would learn from in-person dating.
4) Online dating gives you more options to choose from. Where can you go that there are, depending on your location, thousands of single people to choose from and you have to the chance to talk to anyone you want? Not many places. With the user base of most Online dating services being very fluid, there will always be a large base to choose from and increases the odds of finding your potential match. On the downside, many Online dating services do not do a very good job of cleaning up inactive members, therefore you may spend time searching through profiles of people who are no longer on the market. No big deal, just cost you a couple of clicks and a few moments of your time.
5) Online dating lets you search various dating site or social networking site as narrow or as wide a criteria as you choose. This makes the possibilities endless. You can narrow your search to find people that fit into the small framework of what you think the person you want to spend the rest of life fits in. Or you can make it as broad as you want, meeting people of different age groups, ethnic groups, religious groups, hobby groups, and so on. Therefore, if you are elderly and looking for a companion, you can choose an Online dating service that focuses solely on making connections for people in your age group.
Don't give up on yourself if you ever tried online dating before, click to read more at http://datingnaija.com/article.htm on Why You Should Not Give Up On Online Dating.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40