Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? (3774 Views)

Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Baby Boy Born Without Limbs (missing Arms & Legs) In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by sophy09: 2:16am On Mar 28, 2015
An issue came up which I am very curious about. I met a guy whom I like but unfortunately he is not circumcised. He want to do it for me which is kinda of nice of him but I am surprised some parents don't circumcise their male children. He said his parent did not see it as a big deal so they left it.
I heard it is better to circumcise a male child because of some health benefits which I am not sure of. So can you guys tell me more. Plus will there be any side effects for an adult male circumcision. Thanks
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Mancity26(m): 2:30am On Mar 28, 2015
must ooo to aviod blame
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Richy4(m): 3:02am On Mar 28, 2015
You must be a good looking sliced bread for him to agree to go under the knife for you.

I hope you know what he is sacrificing?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by greatgod2012(f): 4:02am On Mar 28, 2015
I don't think it's a must, more of cultural thing, I think.

But honestly, until I read this piece, I never knew there could be a grown up man in Africa that wouldn't have been circumcised. Only God knows how the guy would be feeling against his parents now. Na real wa!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by mideeniafe(f): 4:18am On Mar 28, 2015
Is he a Northener? undecided Because I know not all Northeners undergo circumcision.

Anyway, circumcision is more of a religious/cultural thing and virtually every African parent does it for their male child. If he observes good personal hygiene, he has no problem. The major problem with uncircumcised phalluses is that dirt tends to accumulate over time under the foreskin if it is not cleaned properly and this could lead to infection.

As long as you're comfortable with it..no problem. And if he is willing to get circumcised because of you...lol, that's good.

But personally, I can't do 'it' with an uncircumcised male. No special reason attached. Not just comfortable with it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by sophy09: 4:27am On Mar 28, 2015
mideeniafe:
Is he a Northener? undecided Because I know not all Northeners undergo circumcision.
Anyway, circumcision is more of a religious/cultural thing and virtually every African parent does it for their male child. If he observes good personal hygiene, he has no problem. The major problem with uncircumcised phalluses is that dirt tends to accumulate over time under the foreskin if it is not cleaned properly and this could lead to infection.
As long as you're comfortable with it..no problem. And if he is willing to get circumcised because of you...lol, that's good.
But personally, I can't do 'it' with an uncircumcised male. No special reason attached. Not just comfortable with it. smiley

Thanks for the write up. Can't do it as well with an uncircumcised male
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Richy4(m): 4:33am On Mar 28, 2015
sophy09:

How did you know he was not circumcised? Did he tell you? Or showed you

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by mideeniafe(f): 4:37am On Mar 28, 2015
sophy09:

My pleasure smiley
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by sophy09: 4:41am On Mar 28, 2015
Richy4:

How did you know he was not circumcised? Did he tell you? Or showed you

It looked different when I saw it. He told me he is not circumcised.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by nzeobi(m): 5:05am On Mar 28, 2015
I understand it has health benefits too and its a sign of covenant between our father abraham and God
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Richy4(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2015
sophy09:

You see... assuming you are ignorant of the male species, you would have saved him all the pain he's about to pass through because of you.

There's no difference between a circumcised and none circumcised male species.

Only that some guys find it difficult to clean the fore skins properly. If he is clean, there's no big deal. I heard that the fore skin is extra sensitive when stimulated. As I said, he is a good guy and a keeper if he wanna go for that extra pain for you.

I think he is the type of guy that Monica sang about. "For you I will"
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by fr3do(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2015
sophy09:

You don see plenty gan

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Dyt(f): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
At what age?
Don't u think that cld be harmful?
Well I dunno oo
I wish him luck
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by 1miccza: 11:30am On Mar 29, 2015
mideeniafe:

Okaayy i am circumcised you can come and do the "IT" with me grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by KanwuliaJara: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
Not a must, but it looks "prettier" by far!!!!! kiss
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 30, 2015
So, your fiancée is essentially undergoing surgery so that his genitals will be more to your liking?

Smh, that isn't morbid at all.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by missdebs(f): 3:35am On Mar 30, 2015
even as an xtian, circumcision or no circumcission we are made to know what justifies us is faith...so your choice gurl
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by cococandy(f): 7:39am On Mar 30, 2015
Well I wouldn't do it with an uncircumcised dude
Or worse still give head. tongue

OP your guy is so cute. kiss
Do something extra really nice for him after this.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by sophy09: 2:12am On Mar 31, 2015
Does circumcision have any side effect on a grown man?
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 31, 2015
sophy09:
An issue came up which I am very curious about. I met a guy whom I like but unfortunately he is not circumcised. He want to do it for me which is kinda of nice of him but I am surprised some parents don't circumcise their male children. He said his parent did not see it as a big deal so they left it.
I heard it is better to circumcise a male child because of some health benefits which I am not sure of. So can you guys tell me more. Plus will there be any side effects for an adult male circumcision. Thanks

Well....your man does not need to be circumcised....and neither do the kids....if they are male.

As for health benefits....circumcision does protect against a nasty condition called phimosis , as well as cancer of the penis. (It also prevents newborn kids from getting urinary tract infections). Recently, it has even been proven to be protective against HIV infection too.

But if your man keeps the area under the foreskin clean....you are both good to go. smiley

Side effects of circumcision? Apart from the botched cases....which can be traumatic(less than 1%)....there may be pain for some time afterward around the site (read Camara Laye's The African Child for a description of male circumcision done on boys who were 15 years old). But once healed....everything should be all right.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 31, 2015
Wow hes willing to do that for you? shocked shocked shocked

Such love still exist? shocked shocked shocked tongue Girl you better not break that boy heart.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by AtheistD(m): 8:56am On Mar 31, 2015
fr3do:

You don see plenty gan

She fell into that trap grin

@op, an adult male circumcision is very dangerous. Is it worth risking his JT for your pleasure? Will you marry him after he has done his circumcision?

If he requested that you circumcise your c.lit, would you do it?
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
If he is fertile, and can give you mind blowing or'gas'ms, you better love that d'ick the way it is. And he is a keeper hun.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by nembudziya(m): 6:10am On Apr 02, 2015
sophy09:
Does circumcision have any side effect on a grown man?
yes it does, they mostly become violent. It must not come as a surprise that countries that circumcise are very belligerent. We talk of the Islamic State, Muslim world, circumcising states in Africa, e.g, Nigeria, Congo, etc, and ultimately in the Bible itself you will find that there are so many wars indeed, than portrayed in any other religious anectdote. So circumcision has effect on man, young and/or old alike.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2015
greatgod2012:
I don't think it's a must, more of cultural thing, I think.

But honestly, until I read this piece, I never knew there could be a grown up man in Africa that wouldn't have been circumcised. Only God knows how the guy would be feeling against his parents now. Na real wa!

I agree with you.
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by freakcin: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2015
I am sure there are several couple living with this and most likely with children. If the guy has been taking care of himself up till now, why are you apprehensive?

Only God knows how it will play out by the time he goes for this circumcision, remember he's now an adult; who knows what psychological effect this will have on him. Are you ready for such emotional baggage?

Anyways its ur call. . . discuss with ur man. If you guys finally decide on going ahead with it, involve God! All the best!
Re: Is It A Must To Circumcise Your Baby Boy? by nijjhar(m): 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
HAPPY EASTER
LUKE 16V16:- "The Law and the Prophets remained until John. Since then, the Good News about the Royal Kingdom of God for the solitary Royal Priests has been proclaimed, and everyone entering it is under attack”.
Hebrew name of Jesus was YeShua or YeShiva; the First Born of Yahweh, the Second Adam. Virgin Mary was the “Surrogate” Mother of Jesus and Joseph, the “Foster Father”.
Now, Jews sowed the “Seed of Terrorism” by killing Jesus and today they are being brought back to Harvest the Fruit – Matt.13v24-30.
So, do not expect Peace but wars.
CIRCUMCISION
Circumcision is the “Tribal Mark” of Abraham to Isaac and his “seed”. Anyone who is not the tribal seed of Isaac but is circumcised, he is a “Devil” – John 8v44. Yahweh = Brahma = Khudah is a Great Artist creating all creatures Perfect. Thus, Jesus was the son of Yahweh whilst the Christ, “His Word”, the Son of Elohim = ParBrahm = Allah. John, the Baptist baptised Jewish Men in the name of “Abraham” and Jesus in the name of “Yahweh”. No Gentile or a woman was baptised.
Second coming of Jesus was Christ = Satguru Nanak Dev Ji in 1469 and today, we are approaching “End of the Age” expected soon after May, 2018. Our Father knows Better. To err is human. Watch my over 4370 Youtube Videos; channel nijjhar1.

freakcin:
I am sure there are several couple living with this and most likely with children. If the guy has been taking care of himself up till now, why are you apprehensive?

Only God knows how it will play out by the time he goes for this circumcision, remember he's now an adult; who knows what psychological effect this will have on him. Are you ready for such emotional baggage?

Anyways its ur call. . . discuss with ur man. If you guys finally decide on going ahead with it, involve God! All the best!

(1) (Reply)

Question For Catholic Igbo Men / Orphans Only / Dealing With Cheating Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.