Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

The Yoruba Race. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba Race. (6598 Views)

Yoruba Race Under Siege By Tanko Yakasai & Hausa-Fulani Hegemonic Oppressors- SR / Fayose: Humiliation Of Tinubu Is A Humiliation Of The Yoruba Race / Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Oye50(m): 2:36am On Mar 29, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

that's why I try to avoid yoruba things. no progress. only failure following one around.
Responding to you is a waste of time. The biggest fool on earth is a fool that doesn't even know he's a fool

7 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by aresa: 2:37am On Mar 29, 2015
TI1919:
The Yoruba man is just like any other tribe in the world, want to dominate, control, Mr know all, will never involve himself from unprofitable things, bias, everything you know that mankind have exhibit is all in a typical Yoruba man. They can easily betray you just to protect their interest which is common to human nature.

cool

Ndo my broda, shey you want bisquit grin

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 29, 2015
Fash20:
let me put it like this"you know that GEJ will lose in most southwestern states that was why you said that."

That's quite funny.

I'm not here to to argue about win n lose.

It'll be better to wait.
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 29, 2015
Boland:
@ Op, what is your point here? Yorubas made is very clear that they are not voting for GEJ... It's only some paid ones that scream his name, which ofcourse are gluttons that can be found in any tribe....

The SW voted for GEJ in 2011 and we paid the price dearly... This administration is a flop and you don't expect us to continue with it just because we want to play nice..

You guys keep abusing us everywhere and still secretly beg for our votes...

We didn't vote GMB because of tribal issues, we voted for him because he's a man that can strangle corruption and you should do same...

Buhari? Who is bringing buhari here?

Now let's tow that lane. Please lay out your evidence that buhari has what it takes to strangle corruption in Nigeria?

Talk to me directly, I'm not YOU GUYS!!
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 29, 2015
Oye50:

Responding to you is a waste of time. The biggest fool on earth is a fool that doesn't even know he's a fool

u have added ur part. Thanks.
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Nothing was at stake in 2011, we basically did not know Jonathan @ all, I did not even plan to vote in 2011, i only voted to please my swir mum. In those days I don't even talk about politics n I don't even know the name of Lagos state governor.

Today is the decisive moment, it's today that counts.

I'm not a tribalist, I've always supported patience till Nigeria finds the hidden strength in their diversity.

No, You're not. You are a nationalist. Be deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Boland(m): 3:16am On Mar 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Buhari? Who is bringing buhari here?

Now let's tow that lane. Please lay out your evidence that buhari has what it takes to strangle corruption in Nigeria?

Talk to me directly, I'm not YOU GUYS!!
Heard a lot, seen a lot, A man that collected 10% out of his entitlement just because he thinks it should be better spent on the poor is an honest man... Going by what we know him for, he is a disciplinarian who won't allow any one to be cheated...

This is the kind of man that is capable of strangling corruption, a man ready to take actions and won't give excuses for failure.

I can go on and on, but lets leave that for another day, since you stated that you aren't "YOU GUYS", tell me something about this present administration that is worth giving another chance..

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by blasterman(m): 3:52am On Mar 29, 2015
chuna1985:
I have heard many things about the Yoruba Race, But i have not seen much with my eyes. Within the next 24 - 36 hours i will confirm who the Yorubas really are. They will either turn out as completely intelligent people, Or complete Mor.ons. Time will tell.

What happens decides how i will view and understand them for Life.

U have to understand that the yoruba muslims that are between 40- 50% of yoruba might have voted for buhari.

SW is also controlled by APC

Nigeria is doomed though becuase both ppl are clueless and daft

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by tunex23: 4:04am On Mar 29, 2015
Oye50:

. Gbam!
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ikengawo: 4:17am On Mar 29, 2015
onomeasike:
@op.We are waiting sir.I have said it before that,right from the times of Chief Obafemi Awolowo,remember Ambrose Folorunsho Alli of old Bendel state,the Yoruba race is the only race in Nigeria that relies heavily on its intelligentsia for strategy. The choice of PYO is a perfect compromise between the Yoruba political(political elites are intricately fused to the traditional institutions through APC tickets for princes of first class obas in Yorubaland) and intelligentsia bloc.It's like having the traditional Ogboni establishment and traditional system(King and chiefs) combo!You can't beat such scrutiny system of holding power in trust on the Omoluabi principle!
The heavy investment in tertiary education in the South west isn't for joke!They are the incubating centres of ideas! That's why Abacha wanted to kill the Universities in Yorubaland through denial of subventions!
The day other Nigerian ethnic groups stop looking down on their academics, they will be better.

2014 WASSCE: Statistics show states with highest percentage pass, possible cause of mass failure
The Statistics of result released by the West African Examinations Council for the May/June WASSCE 2014 shows that, Anambra, Abia and Edo states came top as best performing states with 65.92%, 58.52% and 57.82% respectively.

Students who scored five credits and above including Maths and English in Anambra State totals 34,094, with 19,109 female students and 14,985 male students. In Abia State, a total of 32,947 students made five credits and above including Maths and English, with 15,347 male students and 17,600 female students. In Bayelsa State, 37,242 students scored five credits and above including Maths and English. 18,479 were male students while 18,763 were female students.

Nevertheless, eight out of the 36 states in Nigeria recorded a score less than 10%. These states include Adamawa, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi. Others are Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe.

While Adamawa State recorded 8.75% for those who made five credits and above including Maths and English, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi recorded 7.47%, 7.12%, 6.65% and 6.30% respectively. Gombe State recorded 5.68%, Bauchi 5.28% and Yobe, 4.85%.

In Adamawa State, out of the 30,235 candidates who sat for the examinations, 1,510 males and 1,136 females made five credits and above, including Maths and English. In Sokoto, 25,391 candidates sat for the examinations. 1,193 males and 616 females scored five credits and above, including Maths and English.

In Zamfara, Kebbi, Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe, students who scored five credits and above including Maths and English were 1,954, 1,676, 1,107, 1,548 and 743 respectively.

Borno, Taraba, Niger, Nasarawa and Oyo states fell within the 15-24% range. Others within this bracket are Plateau, Osun, Cross River and Kogi states.
http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/29/2014-wassce-statistics-show-states-highest-percentage-pass-possible-cause-mass-failure/

Female Literacy in Nigeria

www.nairaland.com/attachments/692164_nigeria_literacy_624_gifee62fbe655d4bfd078fe422b75d85c21

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ikengawo: 4:19am On Mar 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ikengawo: 4:23am On Mar 29, 2015
[size=20pt]JAMB Enrollment (by state of Origin)[/size]

Topmost Enrollment

Imo- 123, 865
Delta- 88,876
Anambra- 84,204

Osun- 73, 935
Oyo- 71, 272
Ogun- 71, 173

Lowest Enrollment

Jigawa- 11, 529
Kebbi- 7, 364
Yobe- 6, 389
Zamfara- 5, 713
Sokoto, 5,664
FCT 3, 380

Preferred University (by ranking)

UNILAG 83, 865
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka -82,148
University of Benin- 80,048
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN -79, 398
UNILORIN -76,276

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/only-3-score-over-300-as-jamb-releases-results/
Re: The Yoruba Race. by djfox: 4:27am On Mar 29, 2015
wait, is this someone ranting against Yorubas because they didnt vote for GEJ ?
Re: The Yoruba Race. by MayorofLagos(m): 4:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Ikengawo,
You get problem. We are counting thumb prints you are counting exam results.... undecided

Nna go to bed!

9 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ikengawo: 4:32am On Mar 29, 2015
You already lost lol
Re: The Yoruba Race. by stinggy(m): 5:19am On Mar 29, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

that's why I try to avoid yoruba things. no progress. only failure following one around.
Yes, we can see the 'progress' you've made avoiding yorubas. Ode oshi cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by GentleToks(m): 5:26am On Mar 29, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

You are lucky you have only heard.
I have seen and lived the betrayal of the yorubaman. My prayer is for anything yoruba to be as far away from me as possible.

Amen; everything about Yoruba ll be far away from you and your future generation, Amen.
Re: The Yoruba Race. by GentleToks(m): 5:59am On Mar 29, 2015
[quote author=Ikengawo post=32118954][/quote]

Let me burst your bubble with the statistics you have right there. I have been to four prominent universities in the East on assignments few years ago; these following universities are all in the East: University of Nigeria(UNN), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Federal university of technology Owerri and Nnamdi Azikiwe University. However, few hours on ground in these Universities, the first thing i noticed was their grammatical blunders and horrible Igbotic accent on the lips of all the students I chatted with and the ones passing by; pure unrefined accent that would make any stranger to ask questions as to how they managed to write and pass their English lang exams.

I can authoritatively tell you that I was xtremely disappointed with what I saw; 65% of students in these universities would not have been admitted in the South West universities even in the North...............

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 29, 2015
Boland:
Heard a lot, seen a lot, A man that collected 10% out of his entitlement just because he thinks it should be better spent on the poor is an honest man... Going by what we know him for, he is a disciplinarian who won't allow any one to be cheated...

This is the kind of man that is capable of strangling corruption, a man ready to take actions and won't give excuses for failure.

I can go on and on, but lets leave that for another day, since you stated that you aren't "YOU GUYS", tell me something about this present administration that is worth giving another chance..

Honest kwa!!! But we have more than enough info to suggest to us that buhari is not honest nah his false affidavit n Fake WAEC originals. The story of collecting 10% is 100% un-verifiable.

If buhari strangles, den he will strangle Nigeria n not corruption, corruption is inbuilt in the Nigeria fabric.

I will open a thread here to talk about GEJs achievement, it will marvel u. It's a pity pdp online machinery have not travelled enough or have proper info. Be patient.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by haffaze777(m): 7:24am On Mar 29, 2015
who give damn about what u o
(op) hink of Yoruba

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Boland(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Honest kwa!!! But we have more than enough info to suggest to us that buhari is not honest nah his false affidavit n Fake WAEC originals. The story of collecting 10% is 100% un-verifiable.

If buhari strangles, den he will strangle Nigeria n not corruption, corruption is inbuilt in the Nigeria fabric.

I will open a thread here to talk about GEJs achievement, it will marvel u. It's a pity pdp online machinery have not travelled enough or have proper info. Be patient.
No need to tell me about GEJ achievements, I know you will tell me stories about things any president would have done better... Buhari's certificate saga is not an issue bro, how do you expect a person of his calibre not to have WAEC result, that's just something you guys made up to discredit him...
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 29, 2015
So ur entire tribe can support gej(their choice) but yoruba should not support their own choice.?

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by splashbaby(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

They will betray you for no particular reason.
omo ale...alakisa to njo lo ru...who betrayed most? ...those flat headed smelling baboons, the moment you help them they quickly turn against you...50 years counting they are the greatest betrayal of the Nigerian state...living in a false state called biafra and confusing their generation by selling their birthright to the Ijaw nation, just because one clueless person told them about one Azikiwe nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by jamesversion: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2015
I think the Yorubas are all about their collective interest.

Im from Rivers and i can safely say the Igbos take GEJ too personally, even more than the Ijaws.

And it is not for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by angrybird007: 7:51am On Mar 29, 2015
These Igbos hav start again undecided
Y are they so jealous of us(yoruba's) undecided
See as they carry our matter for head like gala when we don't even know they exist cheesy grin
But I love yib.o soup no be small wink

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 29, 2015
Gbawe2:

Judge yourself first before you attempt to judge the Yoruba ethnic group. Well-documented history has pronounced us a great and intelligent empire-builiding people with perhaps the greatest artistic culture in Africa. Who then needs the jaundiced opinion of an internet noisemaker and empty barrel like you?
Jesus Christ!! This is wicked!

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 29, 2015
japht:
Unpredictable, objective,unbiased,accomodating and intelligent. That's who Yorubas are.
In addition, we are independent minded.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ikengawo: 8:05am On Mar 29, 2015
GentleToks:

Let me burst your bubble with the statistics you have right there. I have been to four prominent universities in the East on assignments few years ago; these following universities are all in the East: University of Nigeria(UNN), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Federal university of technology Owerri and Nnamdi Azikiwe University. However, few hours on ground in these Universities, the first thing i noticed was their grammatical blunders and horrible Igbotic accent on the lips of all the students I chatted with and the ones passing by; pure unrefined accent that would make any stranger to ask questions as to how they managed to write and pass their English lang exams.

I can authoritatively tell you that I was xtremely disappointed with what I saw; 65% of students in these universities would not have been admitted in the South West universities even in the North...............

LOL

[size=20pt]Philip Emeagwali is alleged to have an IQ of 190[/size]
The 18 Smartest People In The World

Emeagwali left school in 1967, at 13, to fight in the Nigerian-Biafran war, completed a self-study high school equivalency, got a B.S. in Math from Oregon State and three Master's Degrees in Math, Environmental and Marine Engineering from various schools.

He was reported by Sahara Reporters as having an IQ of 190.

Emeagwali sat for his Ph.D at the University of Michigan from 1987-1991, but when he was denied the degree he sued UM school for racial discrimination.

The case made it to the Michigan Court of Appeals where it was finally dismissed.

Nationality: Nigerian

Job: Writer, speaker

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-smartest-people-in-the-world-2011-3
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ikengawo: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2015
Poll: Which tribe is the most educated?
Hausas: 7% (4 votes)
Igbos: 47% (27 votes)
Yorubas: 45% (26 votes)
This poll has ended
https://www.nairaland.com/742947/most-educated-tribe-nigeria
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ilekeh(f): 8:11am On Mar 29, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Nairaland is owned by one Yoruba man, please deactivate your account.

Proud Yoruba.
Re: The Yoruba Race. by Ilekeh(f): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2015
jamesversion:
I think the Yorubas are all about their collective interest.

Im from Rivers and i can safely say the Igbos take GEJ too personally, even more than the Ijaws.

And it is not for nothing.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Will Be Nothing Like Isreal In 25 Years-khamenei / Federal Executive Council Meeting Cancelled / Supreme Court Verdict On Osun, Testimony Judiciary On Course –tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.