Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo (27176 Views)

Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet / Continued Marginalisation Of Igbos Will End Nigeria / Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalization Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Sveen: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo Friday appealed to the kingmakers of Ile- Ife to follow strictly the laid down rules and procedures for the appointment and selection of the new Ooni following the demise of Oba Okunade Sijuwade.
He also asked the kingmakers to allow God’s wisdom to prevail on them to choose a rightful and God fearing person that would replace the late Ooni.
Chief Obasanjo made the appeal when he visited the kingmakers at the Ooni’s palace to commemorate with the chiefs and the people of Ife over the death of Oba Sijuwade.

Specifically, Chief Obasanjo asked the kingmakers to be careful about the choice of the person that would occupy the stool saying that late Sijuwade while occupying the stool has taken the seat of Ooni beyond Africa.

According to him, the position of Ife in Nigeria today can not be wished away adding that Ife symbolised the head of Yoruba race both in Nigeria and diaspora.

The former president recalled that late Oba Sijuwade ten days before his death in his palace told him about the marginalisation of the Yoruba race.

“I was here in this palace ten days before the demise of kabiyesi and he told me how the Yoruba race is margnalised in the scheme of things. He also told me to ensure that the Yoruba race got its own share of things in the country,” he said.

The Obalufe of Ife, Gabriel Omisakin who received Obasanjo on behalf of other chiefs assured the former president the choice of the new Ooni would not lead to any crises.

He promised that the kingmakers would ensure that diligent, due process for the selection of new Ooni would be carried out to ensure that whoever emerge is the choice of the people.

He appealed to Chief Obasanjo not to be too far from the community in view of his position not only in Yoruba race but all over the world.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/ooni-before-his-death-spoke-of-marginalisation-of-the-yoruba-race-obasanjo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
I don't see anything like marginalisation here, all I see is a strong "Master & Slave Relationship..

Proudly 5%

174 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by eleojo23: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Everybody crying of marginalisation.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
ok
Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by chigoizie7(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
When one starts getting old, the brain also start getting old, and with time, the brain is lost completely, I think obj Is attaining such stage.

Can someone plz tell this old man to shut da fuk up?

Obj just dance to the tune of your slave masters .

Can I get more "likes" if u think, TINUBU , AMAECHI ,NGIGE has been used and dumped like PAMPERS. *winks

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Wetin concern me undecided
Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Swaggzkid: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
(•͡˘˛˘ •͡) (•͡˘˛˘ •͡) ⓦⓗⓐⓣ ⓘⓢ ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓞⓝⓔ ⓣⓨⓟⓘⓝⓖ

ڥڜڝښښڞڒښڣڥڧڝڛڢڭڞڗړښڝړ

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by merry02(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Obj talks too much......na only him waka come!na him bring yaradua,Jonathan and now Buhari....why didn't he encourage Buhari to implement the confab recommendations?

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by brize(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Obasanjo?? Mtcheew, He is suffering from verbal Diarrhoea

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Everyone is talking about being marginalised these days. I think we are fast approaching that point where either all of the various nationalities go their separate ways or we practice true federalism just like the US.

Only time will tell.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
their headache

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by old2boy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sad it took the passing of the Ooni for Obj to realise that his romance with the Hausa/Fulani leads to marginalisation of the Yorubas. Nzeogwu, Awolowo, MKO, etc should turn in their graves at these words.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Young03(m): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
devil speaking

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Sveen: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:
their headache
Whose headache?
Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by sammyj: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
True talk OBJ we are solidly behind you!!! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sveen:
Whose headache?
back to you, answer pls grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by omowolewa: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
OBJ talks like a Pastor, they should allow Ifa diety to choose for them

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Sveen: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

back to you, answer pls grin
I'm kinda disappointed, didn't know you are tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by DFemaleBoss(f): 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
I thought they said they are happy with the appointments so far and are NOT marginalised?

Very confused set of peeps talking from both sides of their mouths. Tufiakwa

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by alcmene: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ugly beast.....why didnt you say it then??
shameless and cowardly TRAIBE
What do you expect from people whose elders are lazy and only busy on this

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
confused set of cat faces

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sveen:
why is it that any comment on politics section it will be tagged 'tribalistic, pls am not.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Sveen: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:

why is it that any comment on politics section it will be tagged 'tribalistic, pls am not.
Okay.
Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sveen:
Okay.
better cheesy
Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Sveen: 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Please, this thread is not for tribal bigots to feed on, failure to adhere to this instruction will mean disruption of rule 2 of nairaland and defaulters will be reported to the mods. Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
merry02:
Obj talks too much......na only him waka come!na him bring yaradua,Jonathan and now Buhari....why didn't he encourage Buhari to implement the confab recommendations?

But people made us believe that it was always and only SE who cried of marginalization. Now it's clear to all that the cry is across all major tribal groups in the country.

I can imagine that some people invented BH just because they failed to attain the head position while the other major groups down south can only but cry their divisive heads out.

Issorait!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
sammyj:
True talk OBJ we are solidly behind you!!! wink

Tribalistic nut sack!!! angry

5 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
South West is Repeating Mistakes Of Tinubu, Afonja, Awolowo, Abiola, Diya

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by sammyj: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
.......................................... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin............................. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
francizy:

Tribalistic nut sack!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sveen:

I don't want to label you a primitive or ancient man, even tho you behaved like one. If I may ask, what's tribalistic about her comment? To you and many foolish folks on here, anyone who doesn't buy into your mode of thinking/reasoning is tribalistic, even when such person is as neutral as possible.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo by francizy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
omenka:
Everyone is talking about being marginalised these days. I think we are fast approaching that point where either all of the various nationalities go their separate ways or we practice true federalism just like the US.

Only time will tell.

Omenkus Omenkus!! grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / 100 Most Reputable Africans: Nigeria Tops List By Reputation Poll / Update On Osun Governorship Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.