Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible (6474 Views)

2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times / Buhari Is Winner Of The Presidential Elections! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2015
after examining authentic results from polling units in abuja, some s/w states and the north, i can see Buhari taking over. However, you must know am not a fan of buhari. Now, lets be calm and see what he or the APC can do better Remember his campaign promises:

1) pay 20 million poorest nigerians N5000 monthly allowance each
2) provide free daily lunch/food for all students in Nigeria
3) wipe out corruption from Nigeria
4) make 1dollar equal 1naira
5) grow the nigerian economy which they termed 'bad economy' under Jonathan
6) provide steady power supply
7) unprecedented rebuilding of nigeria's infrastructure
cool create 20,000 jobs per state every year
9) ensure fundamental political reform, transparency and accountability in government
10) protect the environment against hazard like oil spill
11) revamp agricultural sector and enugu coal industry

FOUR YEARS ARE NOT TOO MUCH, EVERY NOISE MAKER AND REASONABLE PERSON SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR THE FULFILMENT OF THESE UNREALISTIC PROMISES IN FOUR YEARS. No excuse of 4 years is not enough or we laid the foundation. We must judge him with one term too just like in Jonathan's case. Shallom!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Burger01(m): 5:23am On Mar 29, 2015
^^^^
Keep calm bruh. Buhari will perform above board.

Sai Buhari

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by adioolayi(m): 5:24am On Mar 29, 2015
YES!

On a lighter mood....I can see frustration written over the OP...#GMB...#NextPresident.. cheesy grin

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 29, 2015
Burger01:
^^^^
Keep calm bruh. Buhari will perform above board.

Sai Buhari
pls use ur brain calculate and think! Most of you dont think at all. Multiply 20 million by 5000 that is over 1 trillion per month. What was nigeria's yearly budget last year when we had oil boom, its not near 12 trillion at all. Even if it was up to, now oil revenue has gone down due to global prices, how will he raise the money. Will he take more loan typical of apc or tax market women and increase hardship? Try to calculate the financial implications of his promises, they are unrealistic. Let us use our head, i voted no party !!!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Mynd44: 5:36am On Mar 29, 2015
GEJ did not have just 4 years...he was part of the presidency for +7 years. Almost 8 now.

And he was in charge of the economy when we made the most money from oil

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Generalkorex(m): 5:41am On Mar 29, 2015
Passing by in the train of change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 29, 2015
Mynd44:
GEJ did not have just 4 years...he was part of the presidency for +7 years. Almost 8 now.

And he was in charge of the economy when we made the most money from oil
you can't hold gej accountable for yaradua's govt just the way osibanjo is just a name under buhari.

Personally, i disagree wt politicians promising without thinking. We have more than 5 million students nation wide. If you are to feed each at a budget of N600 Daily. Multiply 600 X 5 million student X 365 days. That gives you trillions of naira again.

Won't he pay salaries or do other developmental projects? Our yearly budget when we had oil boom was abt N5 trillion naira o. Now oil earning has reduced by half. How will he raise the money without raising tax

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by whitecat1: 5:59am On Mar 29, 2015
He never said half of what you listed.
dexmundo:
after examining authentic results from polling units in abuja, some s/w states and the north, i can see Buhari taking over. However, you must know am not a fan of buhari. Now, lets be calm and see what he or the APC can do better Remember his campaign promises:

9) ensure fundamental political reform, transparency and accountability in government

FOUR YEARS ARE NOT TOO MUCH, EVERY NOISE MAKER AND REASONABLE PERSON SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR THE FULFILMENT OF THESE UNREALISTIC PROMISES IN FOUR YEARS. No excuse of 4 years is not enough or we laid the foundation. We must judge him with one term too just like in Jonathan's case. Shallom!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Mynd44: 5:59am On Mar 29, 2015
dexmundo:
you can't hold gej accountable for yaradua's govt just the way osibanjo is just a name under buhari.

Personally, i disagree wt politicians promising without thinking. We have more than 5 million students nation wide. If you are to feed each at a budget of N600 Daily. Multiply 600 X 5 million student X 365 days. That gives you trillions of naira again.

Won't he pay salaries or do other developmental projects? Our yearly budget when we had oil boom was abt N5 trillion naira o. Now oil earning has reduced by half. How will he raise the money without raising tax
Dude, if you are vice under a failure, you are a failure. He has been in the presidency and he had influence, what has been the result?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 29, 2015
whitecat1:
He never said half of what you listed.
google it on the internet. I copied these promises from leadership newspaper and naij.com website this morning. Himself and GEJ made a total of 109 promises according to leadership newspaper website. The promises made in each of the 36 states during their campaign are listed there. Find out before you defend him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by whitecat1: 6:33am On Mar 29, 2015
what's the point when it would still lead me to your post or another just like it on nairaland? I don't search for nothing. I know about power, egg and juice for school children in elementary school and N5,000 to poor families. You can post an audio of him saying others here.

dexmundo:
google it on the internet. I copied these promises from leadership newspaper and naij.com website this morning. Himself and GEJ made a total of 109 promises according to leadership newspaper website. The promises made in each of the 36 states during their campaign are listed there. Find out before you defend him

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 29, 2015
whitecat1:
what's the point when it would still lead me to your post or another just like it on nairaland? I don't search for nothing. I know about power, egg and juice for school children in elementary school and N5,000 to poor families. You can post an audio of him saying others here.

i said google it. Look for the link that points to leadership newspaper. Do i own a newspaper company? Haba!
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 29, 2015
GMB all the way..But that doesn't stop ma hustle.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by bunmioguns(m): 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
cool
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by tobloj(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
make 1 dollar equal 1 naira?? am now sure as hell dis man didnt go to skul

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Change2015(m): 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
dexmundo:

Buhari never promised to make the naira equal to a dollar. That is a pdp lie. As for the N5k it is conditional on the families children being immunised and in school, and even then it will be a phased in program. We will certainly be getting our refineries back in order or replaced within 4yrs, and there will certainly be a renewed fight against corruption and government wastage.

#change
#GMB
#APC

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Change2015(m): 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
dexmundo:

The program has been costed at 1.5t and considering that the beneficiaries will be vulnerable children and those involved in agriculture, it is a worthwhile investment. It will certainly boost the sector and touch lives. Government is not only about catering to the civil service and the rich and connected!

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
Change2015:

Buhari never promised to make the naira equal to a dollar. That is a pdp lie. As for the N5k it is conditional on the families children being immunised and in school, and even then it will be a phased in program. We will certainly be getting our refineries back in order or replaced within 4yrs, and there will certainly be a renewed fight against corruption and government wastage.

#change
#GMB
#APC
you people are too lazy to do research and too ignorant. I will get you newspaper links. For your information: www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/politics/20017-2015-presidential-poll-jonathan-buhari-make-109-campaign-promises

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
here is the link for the intellectual mediocres here: www.punchng.com/news/buhari-promises-igbo-youths-one-million-jobs/ i will paste more links
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
i will make one dollar equal one naira: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/ for denying that buhari never said what was published nationwide, you make me think most apc supporters are ignoramous, parochial, lazy to think, unintelligent and gullible
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
free food plus N5000 monthly allawance to to 25 million poorest people:www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-promises-allowances-unemployed-corps-members-free-meal-pupils/ . He made far more promises. I will stop here, you go and do research yourselves and stop arguing blindly. Stop being ignorant and dont live in self denial
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
tobloj:
make 1 dollar equal 1 naira?? am now sure as hell dis man didnt go to skul
Were you in a coma when soludo was sacked for trying to do just that. Guess with all your school you've never heard of Re denomination. Ask Ghana read a book.at least newspaper headlines.so you don't Embarrass yourself globally

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Inhale deeply
dexmundo:

if I were him i'd invest most of first year budget in agribusiness and industrial parks(reduce unemployed drastically)this will boost economy and and income which can be used to feed students and pay social security while jailing corrupt ministers/police/civil servants et al which will reduce corruption . All while re denominating Naira. See he made reasonable promises and he has will to see them through. Not everybody is like the fisherman that tells lies always.some ppl have integrity and that's why ppl are voting massively for him.we are three of ppl taking advantage of Seligm and tribal sentiment only to fail us woefully
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by trillville(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
dexmundo:
free food plus N5000 monthly allawance to to 25 million poorest people:www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-promises-allowances-unemployed-corps-members-free-meal-pupils/ . He made far more promises. I will stop here, you go and do research yourselves and stop arguing blindly. Stop being ignorant and dont live in self denial

This statement by change2015 explains where funding to feed our school children will come from."Government is not only about catering to the civil service and the rich and connected!"

Nigeria is too big a country for 1 million civil servants to be consuming all the money meant for infrastructural development. What do most of these civil servants contribute. Steve oronsaye's report adviced that MDA's should be crapped or merge, but gej failed to do this for political reasons. Why pick 1 million over 169 million. Are we not all Nigerians?

Money he should have used to give Nigeria 24/7 electricity, instead he sold PHCN to his friends telling us nonsense that government has no business in business.

Please tell me, what is the logic in gej building new universities? We have such huge unemployment among university graduates, why follow a policy that would increase unemployment? Our universities over the last 50 years have not served as grounds for creating jobs. Would it not be even better to reduce to employment certificate requirement for most jobs in the country and then ensure that only the smartest kids go to university and are provided with the few jobs available for university graduates upon graduation. Why create more unemployment?

U wrote nonsense that gej's economy is good. U are clearly an educated illiterate for this statement. Today, we purchase natural gas in US dollars to power our thermal power plants. The electricity from these power plants is then sold to the Nigerian population in Naira. The fall of the Naira has made it much more difficult for government to provide electricity to Nigerians at an affordable price making it harder for us to get 24/7 electricity.

Can there be industrialisation without electricity?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by brightlomo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Buy your mtn data bundle at lowest price.
*1Gb.... #1,150
*2Gb....#2,300
*3Gb....#3,450
Call or message this number for instant delivery. 08060396376. 07034955151
Your can also whatsapp this no. 08060396376. Thank you.
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by ArodeTsolaye: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
dexmundo:

You forget that he said he will stabilize world oil prices. He said it during his campaign in rivers. The video is on YOUTUBE. The kain laugh wey i go laugh these people. My belle go wan burst. cheesy
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Change2015(m): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
dexmundo:
you people are too lazy to do research and too ignorant. I will get you newspaper links. For your information: www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/politics/20017-2015-presidential-poll-jonathan-buhari-make-109-campaign-promises

Do not associate me with your affliction. I am an APC member and well aware of what Buhari promises. If you have any audio or video or party issued statement making such a claim please produce it. Headlines are not written by the APC and cannot be taken as the party gospel, so we are quite aware that the Vanguard headline that falsely stated this is simply the work of either a simpleton or a mischievous person. You are the one who needs to get informed and by the appropriate authorities too.

Even in the article you cannot find Buhari quoted as saying what the headline proclaims. Ish

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Change2015(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
I’ll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari

on March 23, 2015 / in News 8:31 pm / Comments

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.

Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.buhari-Naira

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.

Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)
===

Now please explain how the headline of the article came about from the quoted comments. Why couldn't they quote the particular sentence they claim he spoke that resulted in the headline? Shoddy journalism for simple minds.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
trillville:

This statement by change2015 explains where funding to feed our school children will come from."Government is not only about catering to the civil service and the rich and connected!"

Nigeria is too big a country for 1 million civil servants to be consuming all the money meant for infrastructural development. What do most of these civil servants contribute. Steve oronsaye's report adviced that MDA's should be crapped or merge, but gej failed to do this for political reasons. Why pick 1 million over 169 million. Are we not all Nigerians?

Money he should have used to give Nigeria 24/7 electricity, instead he sold PHCN to his friends telling us nonsense that government has no business in business.

Please tell me, what is the logic in gej building new universities? We have such huge unemployment among university graduates, why follow a policy that would increase unemployment? Our universities over the last 50 years have not served as grounds for creating jobs. Would it not be even better to reduce to employment certificate requirement for most jobs in the country and then ensure that only the smartest kids go to university and are provided with the few jobs available for university graduates upon graduation. Why create more unemployment?

U wrote nonsense that gej's economy is good. U are clearly an educated illiterate for this statement. Today, we purchase natural gas in US dollars to power our thermal power plants. The electricity from these power plants is then sold to the Nigerian population in Naira. The fall of the Naira has made it much more difficult for government to provide electricity to Nigerians at an affordable price making it harder for us to get 24/7 electricity.

TRASH! Be more constructive!
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
most people are wilfully ignorant. Browse the internet, check all the media and newspaper links for buhari promise to make 1 dollar equal 1naira. Its on the major newspapers not just vanguard. Reporters write report differently. If buhari never said so, why not take them to court for character assasination since he takes AIT and Femi Kayode to court or atleast, why didnt he make a press statement to deny it. Stop defending the undefendable!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by chinnelle(f): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
that no 1, the money no go even dey enough if him start for him region undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
trillville:

let me even talk about the importation of oil you mentioned. Did it start in the last six years? No. That has being the situation even in military era. What did Buhari do to strengthen NNPC while he was head of state? Nothing on record!

Now, to stop importation of oil, we will need more refineries- govt or private, NNPC too need to be unbounded and focus on something- not marketing and importation which they do now. Under Jonathan, Africa's largest refinery is now under construction by dangote. We have other smaller refineries and petrochemical plants being constructed in akwa ibom and in the Niger delta. They were liscenced by GEJ and would be completed by 2017. GEJ sponsored the PIB law which will help in many ways. He promised unbundling NNPC.

Unfortunately, Buhari did not make any promise on that. So if the waste of money on importation of oil or subsidy payment was an issue to you, Jonathan would be your true answer not buhari- he has made no campaign promise on that - we can't afford to believe him on what he never promised or planned to do!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension Is In Onitsha For Real Pics / Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. / The Bitter Truth About The Igbo, By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.