Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Open Matured Discussion Among Religions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Matured Discussion Among Religions (7674 Views)

See The Religious Discussion Among These Facebook Users(screenshots) / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 6:38am On Mar 29, 2015
Am proudly a Muslim and I have every reason to be a Muslim.
This thread is not for argument but for facts and proofs.
No insults.
Only matured minds are welcomed here
If you know you can't stand the truth.. Please don't discuss with us here.. Its when you guys know you are very wrong you will turn everything into insult and commotion.

This is my blogging site. Shahydcharming.

Review please.

Salm alaykum
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2015
I talked with several Christians before.. Some said.. Jesus is God, some said he's son of God, some said jesus is a prophet, some believe that Christianity is not a religion but a way of life..

I would love my Christian brothers to enlighten me more on this issue

Thanks in advance
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by alexasomba(m): 7:33am On Mar 29, 2015
Jesus: He lived to teach us how to live and He died so we might have everlasting life.

On His origin, you can find information in John. I have pasted the first four verses of the first chapter bellow:

1 In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He existed in the beginning with God.

3 Through him all things were made, and apart from him nothing was made that has been made.

4 In him was life, and that life brought light to humanity.

I don't mind helping out if you have further inquiries.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:44am On Mar 29, 2015
Your point number 1... Contradicts 2. If the word is God, how come he existed in the beginning with God?

And besides, jesus didn't claim he is God, he always claim there is one God in the heaven+(father)

Thanks in advance
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Nicklaus(m): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2015
Thumbs up to "Alexasomba" OP that's all u need to know about it. "The word was with God and the word was God". In the catholic church they have a prayer called the Angelus, in the third part it says "And the word was made flesh" after the Angel has announced to the mary.
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Nicklaus(m): 8:02am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
Your point number 1... Contradicts 2. If the word is God, how come he existed in the beginning with God?

And besides, jesus didn't claim he is God, he always claim there is one God in the heaven+(father)

Thanks in advance
Simply because he is God the son.
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by kay1one(m): 8:06am On Mar 29, 2015
Man can never achieve a state of righteousness/sinlessness without God's help through Jesus Christ His Son; Part of the God Head. Anybody who has for example tried to stop an addiction or become better in an aspect of life knows that; the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by alexasomba(m): 8:12am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Thanks in advance

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God.

Let's take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30 , “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence.

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1 , 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh.
Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him.

Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1).

In Hebrews 1:8 , the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11 ; 14:33 ; 28:9 , 17; Luke 24:52 ; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him.

If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21 ), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:16am On Mar 29, 2015
alexasomba:

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God.

Let's take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30 , “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence.

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1 , 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh.
Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him.

Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1).

In Hebrews 1:8 , the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11 ; 14:33 ; 28:9 , 17; Luke 24:52 ; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him.

If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21 ), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

So you accept jesus is not God abi

If he's not God, what is he?
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:19am On Mar 29, 2015
Nicklaus:
Simply because he is God the son.

Which of God son?

Because God son for bible plenty o

Even begotten son na 2 in bible
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by alexasomba(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

So you accept jesus is not God abi

If he's not God, what is he?

Bro I actually believe the opposite: "Jesus is God!"

Jesus Christ ‘though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.’ (Philippians 2:6-8 )

All this He did so whosoever believes will not perish but have everlasting life.
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2015
alexasomba:

Bro I actually believe the opposite: "Jesus is God!"

Jesus Christ ‘though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.’ (Philippians 2:6-8 )

All this He did so whosoever believes will not perish but have everlasting life.

But jesus said more than 80 times in Bible that he's a servant.. And people should not worship him

Besides, if jesus is God, he won't have leave town for the Jews that want to harm him, and also jesus said he can't do anything without his father...

Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Nicklaus(m): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Which of God son?

Because God son for bible plenty o

Even begotten son na 2 in bible
Did u see what I wrote God the Son
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2015
Nicklaus:
Did u see what I wrote God the Son

Please explain what you mean by God the son
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Nicklaus(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Please explain what you mean by God the son
There is God the father God the son and God the holy spirit.(THE H TRINITY) He is God the son
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2015
Nicklaus:
There is God the father God the son and God the holy spirit.(THE H TRINITY) He is God the son

But I have read many article written by Christians and they against the trinity... Although it has been predicted in Qur'an that people will have such believe

Kindly visit shahydcharming.

And read the article on Trinity
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

But I have read many article written by Christians and they against the trinity... Although it has been predicted in Qur'an that people will have such believe

The quran came 6000 years after christianity, the trinity doctrine started in the 2nd century AD, opposed by arianism that maintained jesus was not God.

Then in the 3rd century at the council of nicene, the council came to a unanimous agreement about the deity of jesus.. That Jesus is God..

Ok now how can your quran that came into existence in the 7th century predict what was in existence since 2nd century... its like saying Muhammed predicted Jesus. . smiley
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by alexasomba(m): 10:34am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

But jesus said more than 80 times in Bible that he's a servant.. And people should not worship him

Besides, if jesus is God, he won't have leave town for the Jews that want to harm him, and also jesus said he can't do anything without his father...

If you could please help me with references to the passages in scripture you are referring to it will be of great help to me.

I found this though, an example of Jesus being worshipped and He was asked by the teachers and scholars to tell the people to stop their blasphemy, His response is not as you described:

Luke 19
37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
38 "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"
40 "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

That was Jesus saying if they stopped worshipping God (Him) the inanimate things will worship God in their place. (Read Psalm 19 for clarification)

The lesson Jesus thought us here is that God will not force anyone to worship him... that other works of His hands even worship Him, He is okay with us making the decision to do so on our own.

alexasomba:

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1 , 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh...

That is true, Jesus can not do anything without the Father because they are one. Apparently it is impossible to do something without yourself.
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2015
johnydon22:

The quran came 6000 years after christianity, the trinity doctrine started in the 2nd century AD, opposed by arianism that maintained jesus was not God.

Then in the 3rd century at the council of nicene, the council came to a unanimous agreement about the deity of jesus.. That Jesus is God..

Ok now how can your quran that came into existence in the 7th century predict what was in existence since 2nd century... its like saying Muhammed predicted Jesus. . smiley

Real Bible is written in Greek and its translation is very different from the common Bible used now. Besides old and new testament contains thousands of contradiction.

Jesus never say he's God, he claimed there is one God and he's the servant (_prophet of God) he even said people should not worship him(jesus) that he's a servant of God just like us all.

Allah, Muhammad is in real bible...

And recently discovered dead sea scrolls credit Barnabas gospel..

Do lots of research on your religion.. Don't stay on what you are told in church...
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2015
alexasomba:

If you could please help me with references to the passages in scripture you are referring to it will be of great help to me.

I found this though, an example of Jesus being worshipped and He was asked by the teachers and scholars to tell the people to stop their blasphemy, His respond is not as you described:

Luke 19
37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
38 "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

That was Jesus saying if they stopped worshipping God (Him) the inanimate things will worship God in their place. (Read Psalm 19 for clarification)

The lesson Jesus thought us here is that God will not force anyone to worship him... that other works of His hands even worship Him, He is okay with us making the decision to do so on our own.

That is true, Jesus can not do anything without the Father because they are one. Apparently it is impossible to do something without yourself.

Nah... You are wrong.. You interpreted it wrongly..

I and father are one doesn't mean he's the father.
.it means hes representing God on earth (prophet)

If I say I and my father are one
Means am representing my father
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 10:51am On Mar 29, 2015
alexasomba:

I found this though, an example of Jesus being worshipped and He was asked by the teachers and scholars to tell the people to stop their blasphemy, His response is not as you described:

Luke 19

John 14:28
The father is grater than I.. He can't possibly be one as father. I mean he's father. Those scriptures were written in parables.. He didn't say he's father. He's not God.

Matthew 4:10,mark 12:29,John 5:30,mathew 28:18(given to me, not his own),John 16:13(prophecy of prophet Muhammad),Mathew 13:57(jesus said he is a prophet),Mathew 21:11(eyewitness called him a prophet),

Revelation 19:10( jesus said to Joshua, do not worship me,am your fellow servant)
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2015
alexasomba:

Luke 19

Job 25:4 ( how then can man be justified with God, how can he be clean whom that is born of woman, )

Said Jesus is not God
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by johnydon22(m): 11:05am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Real Bible is written in Greek and its translation is very different from the common Bible used now. Besides old and new testament contains thousands of contradiction.
This is what we get when you talk about something you don't really know.. You asserted the quran predicted people will believe Jesus is God, i corrected you by proving the belief in the Deity of Jesus started right from 2nd century. Now you jump into another thing all together.
Good the bible is riddled with glaring contradictions but one thing is also certain. [size=20] The quran is a reworked plagiarism of the bible [/size]
shahydbinaliyu:

Jesus never say he's God, he claimed there is one God and he's the servant (_prophet of God) he even said people should not worship him(jesus) that he's a servant of God just like us all.
I am not here to argue with you on jesus being god or not i dont buy any of that crap.. I only came to correct ur ridiculous assertion that the quran predicted the belief in the deity of jesus.

shahydbinaliyu:

Allah, Muhammad is in real bible...
Lmao... it's evident enough that muhammad copied the bible god (copied from canaanite pentheon tho) and reworked it into a universal god merging it with his native arabic deity of makkah. Their is no doubt that he succeed in inventing a different god all together..the three abrahamic religions have different god concepts hewn from one source. As for muhammed name being in the bible that is very laughable and ridiculous..
shahydbinaliyu:

And recently discovered dead sea scrolls credit Barnabas gospel..
Aaaaah yes the gnostic gospel of barnabas (didnt make it into the bible) The quran also copied from the gnostic work.. smiley

shahydbinaliyu:

Do lots of research on your religion.. Don't stay on what you are told in church...
Lmao i am an atheist, i dont buy any of the fairy tales smiley.. I only quoted you to correct your misguided or should i say ignorant assertions. Next time try and be certain before letting something out in public.
now take the advice Research about your religion, and am sure you will dump that crap

1 Like

Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:10am On Mar 29, 2015
johnydon22:
This is what we get when you talk about something you don't really know.. You asserted the quran predicted people will believe Jesus is God, i corrected you by proving the belief in the Deity of Jesus started right from 2nd century. Now you jump into another thing all together.
Good the bible is riddled with glaring contradictions but one thing is also certain. [size=20] The quran is a reworked plagiarism of the bible [/size]
I am not here to argue with you on jesus being god or not i dont buy any of that crap.. I only came to correct ur ridiculous assertion that the quran predicted the belief in the deity of jesus.

Lmao... it's evident enough that muhammad copied the bible god (copied from canaanite pentheon tho) and reworked it into a universal god merging it with his native arabic deity of makkah. Their is no doubt that he succeed in inventing a different god all together..the three abrahamic religions have different god concepts hewn from one source. As for muhammed name being in the bible that is very laughable and ridiculous..
Aaaaah yes the gnostic gospel of barnabas (didnt make it into the bible) The quran also copied from the gnostic work.. smiley

Lmao i am an atheist, i dont buy any of the fairy tales smiley.. I only quoted you to correct your misguided or should i say ignorant assertions. Next time try and be certain before letting something out in public.
now take the advice Research about your religion, and am sure you will dump that crap

Bible is the real old testament.. While Qur'an is new testament.. That's why original Bible credits Qur'an
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Nicklaus(m): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

just because some christians dismiss that fact or against it doesn't mean it's not true. you are the one who can enlighten yourself, all I can do is guide you as I can. So I want you to visit the bible, book of genesis chap 1 vs 26. After creation a voice said 'let "US" make man in "OUR" own image'. This was when no one was in the world and yet it sounds like there are some people conversing with themselves. Definitely it can't be the angels since God created angels themselves. M in church later things..
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:12am On Mar 29, 2015
johnydon22:

Atheist.... People who believe in science... Lol.. Chai.. Hell go full eh . .. Alhamdulillah am a Muslim
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2015
Nicklaus:
just because some christians dismiss that fact or against it doesn't mean it's not true. you are the one who can enlighten yourself, all I can do is guide you as I can. So I want you to visit the bible, book of genesis chap 1 vs 26. After creation a voice said 'let "US" make man in "OUR" own image'. This was when no one was in the world and yet it sounds like there are some people conversing with themselves. Definitely it can't be the angels since God created angels themselves. M in church later things..

Yeah you correct. That US in context doesn't mean more than one. ... Its an ascertion of power..

Maa go copy and paste to let you see Trinity isn't from God

https://shahydcharming./2015/03/17/trinity-in-bible/
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Misogynist2014(m): 11:16am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
Am proudly a Muslim and I have every reason to be a Muslim.
This thread is not for argument but for facts and proofs.
No insults.
Only matured minds are welcomed here
If you know you can't stand the truth.. Please don't discuss with us here.. Its when you guys know you are very wrong you will turn everything into insult and commotion.

This is my blogging site. Shahydcharming.

Review please.

Salm alaykum
Greetings accepted. A simple question to you. Do you believe there is sex in heaven? Will it result to pregnancy? Will you give your child, 9 year old daughter in marriage and expect her husband to beat her?
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by johnydon22(m): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Bible is the real old testament.. While Qur'an is new testament.. That's why original Bible credits Qur'an
lmao then the jewish scriptures that sourced it all will be called what?

You see the christians make claims i find laughable but the islam claims are far more ridiculous . . .

You think that a book compiled about 1900 years ago (bible) is the old testament and the reworked version compiled 1600years (quran) is the new testament, you must be high on wet weed.
The quran did what we call "Copy and paste"

. why don't you get me a 2015 book and call it the new testament then i will listen to you.
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by johnydon22(m): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Atheist.... People who believe in science... Lol.. Chai.. Hell go full eh . .. Alhamdulillah am a Muslim
hahahahahahahaha can you imagine? someone who thinks the bolded is what atheism means.. cheesy
Oga please stop disgracing yourself with your naive assertions. .I wont bother defining atheism to you. you clearly need to start reading. almajiri education is too feeble ..smiley

You are a muslim, remember the christian hell awaits you, so see you in hell grin
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by shahydbinaliyu(m): 11:36am On Mar 29, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahahahaha can you imagine? someone who thinks the bolded is what atheism means.. cheesy
Oga please stop disgracing yourself with your naive assertions. .I wont bother defining atheism to you. you clearly need to start reading. almajiri education is too feeble ..smiley

You are a muslim, remember the christian hell awaits you, so see you in hell grin

Laughing... Atheism.. In my own view and many other atheist view. They only believe in science.. Besides, to me, atheist are bunch of losers trying to control their fate and blames God for their misfortunes

Please enlighten me on what your own atheism means o
Re: Open Matured Discussion Among Religions by Rilwon: 11:42am On Mar 29, 2015
johnydon22:

grin grin lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

12 Things Christians Should BEWARE Of / Dr. Godwin Maduka Felicitates With Nigeria At Easter, Preaches Unity, Patriotism / Atheism. God Does Not Exist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.