Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,170 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

How To Dance Makossa? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Dance Makossa? (8463 Views)

Piano Makossa Chord Progression. / Lovers Of Soukous Genre Of Music Which Some People Call Makossa / Makossa Mp3 Free Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 2:29am On Sep 05, 2006
Do You Know How To Makossa Dance?

Okay, hey guys I haven't been talking alot in this forum, but I just want to know how to makossa dance. I have "Awilo Longomba's" video, and I am looking at the girls and I can do it, but I can't do it well. And I'm Nigerian, so it's a new thing in America, for the Nigerian Americans.

So I want to know how to do it, if anyone can help me. And the only reason I want to know this, is because I want to join this dance team, and it's mostly consisted of Nigerian girls, but EVERYONE, wants to join, so I want to get this right, plz answer, lol,

get at me yall
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by nike4luv(f): 2:31am On Sep 05, 2006
if you have lived most of your life in Nigerian, its a thing you can get used to, hell yeh i can do it, its awesome, backbreaking but awesome! cheesy
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 2:33am On Sep 05, 2006
Lol, for real? But I mean, everyone says that, but I really want to be able to do it and get a step by step move, I mean, I can dance, don't get me wrong, but I really want to do this, and get it right, cuz i love dancing, i can do it a lil though,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by nike4luv(f): 2:35am On Sep 05, 2006
just watch them do it

its mostly bending your knees, with your two hands and do the damn thing [am imagining it], watch the thing again,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 2:41am On Sep 05, 2006
LOl, hahahaa, hell naw, u crazy, but i mean yeah i can do it, but i want to do it perect ya know, those videos be hard, den they can do it really good,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 2:44am On Sep 05, 2006
Well I do not know how to dance that genre of music.But honestly I do enjoy watching those skilled in the dance
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by bluenubian(f): 2:45am On Sep 05, 2006
if u watch em closely u should be able to do it, makossa is not very different from our traditional dances, jus some moves make each kind of dance distinct, its also like dance hall reggae, jus try the basic move then as u keep doing it, u throw in more moves. don't try throwning yourself on the floor yet. all those crazy moves will fall into place the more u do it and get comfortable.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by nike4luv(f): 2:47am On Sep 05, 2006
sorry Uju but yo a$$ can't be completely perfect [it'l be boring for u] but anyways, watch the vid, or get someones help,

uchenna, mhm, am sure u can dance even if its like an oyinbo man  kiss
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 2:52am On Sep 05, 2006
But Uju I am wondering why u wanna join a makoossa troupe.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 2:54am On Sep 05, 2006
I really can not dance that.But if you are willing to tutor me on that Nike,then I might take up the challenge
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by nike4luv(f): 2:55am On Sep 05, 2006
Uche2nna:

But Uju I am wondering why u want to join a makoossa troupe.

yeah its not like you are congolaise or something, why dont u do something more excitin

@ uche, lol, dont want to break your back, might be too extreme for you wink take dance classes grin
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 3:00am On Sep 05, 2006
do not be a spoil sport Nike.i can surprise you.in my world an old dog can learn new tricks
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2006
no, i want to dance this nigerian team, not a mokossa one, we do nigerian dances for diaspora
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by nike4luv(f): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2006
@ Uche, am so not a spoil sport
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2006
Hey guys, I tried out, and they said i did it perfectly, but I have to see it more with my waist,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2006
Walahi,uju I would have love to be there when you were rolling them hips.Anyway,nice pix.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by ZuluNation(m): 11:55pm On Sep 08, 2006
Love your pic Uju, by the way Uju is my older sister's name too. grin grin Hope you not like my sister though. Oh and welcome to niraland Uju.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 1:13am On Sep 09, 2006
lol, okay thank you, hehehe,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by justin04(m): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2006
Watch the videos and practice.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by ldollier(f): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2006
did i just hear someone say makossa!!!! well they don't call me the "makossa queen" for no reason. would love to teach you tho. but your all the way in atlanta. am in maryland,  anyhow makossa dancing is very easy. it only involves a lot of leg movement, butt movement, hand movement,  infact it involves everything,  well watch the videos and hope for the best,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 12:05am On Sep 10, 2006
OH for real, you know how to do other dances?/
Like dutty wine,
I made the tryouts for that dance thing, and they said I know how to do it, well well,
It's just that I'm scared about if i don't make it, but I practiced a whole lot, so I hope I did it alright, but yeah,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by ghettochyk(f): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2006
gurl dat sounds fun!! i love different dances. i got so into makossa and african dances when i came to nigeria. i wish i had the videos to dance along. i practiced the makossa dances when someone brought a video to my house. lol. i'm gettin better, i think grin wish i had one to go along with tho.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 11:23pm On Sep 12, 2006
I know I love different dances too, I will know if I made the team, tommorow, wish me luck,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2006
I wish you all the luck.Do not stress yourself you have already made the team.Say Amen!Just remenber to invite us over for some caviar
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2006
Yeah, I sure hope so, but if i didn't make the team, I will be mad at you,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 12:13am On Sep 13, 2006
kadeejah i see u reading this
to answer your question
i'm in cobb county,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Kadeejah(f): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2006
Lol. I woulda taught u buh i aint in atl no more sad n i guess u already tried out, goodluck tho hope u make it smiley
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uche2nna(m): 12:16am On Sep 13, 2006
Uju4eva:

Yeah, I sure hope so, but if i didn't make the team, I will be mad at you,
why?
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Uju4eva(f): 12:34am On Sep 13, 2006
cuz now, my hopes will be given up and stuff
but kadeejah i know how to do it now,
matter of fact it's simple,
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Kadeejah(f): 12:36am On Sep 13, 2006
okay.
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Raymand(m): 7:12am On Sep 13, 2006
Could someone just upload a tutorial video of "how to dance makossa"
Re: How To Dance Makossa? by Blackberry: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2006
you have to watch them and get sm1 to teach you

its not sumfin that can be exlained

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Based Internet Radio / Write Me A Song! / Album Review-tradition-9ice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.