Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Jagaban - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jagaban (44840 Views)

Networth And Real Estates Of Tinubu (jagaban) / Osinbajo Bags Jagaban Title In Adamawa (Photo) / Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagaban by Katsumoto: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

Yes, he sold the gold reserves - but created financial revolution in the UK, with the free-flow of Russian and Arab money. Ditto real estate.

Have you been to Canary Wharf, City, and the East End lately? You need to see all the skyscrapers littered all over London these days - and they're still building more aggressively. London should look like Hong Kong in the next 20 years.

Financial revolution - money has been flowing into London since ships were docking at Liverpool. It just so happens that current money is Russian.

Brown was a disaster. He and Brown squandered the boom between 1995 and 2008.
Re: Jagaban by Katsumoto: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
naijababe:

Dependence will not reduce if derivation does not increase! There is nothing the SS/SE want more, if regional development is truly at the heart of the APC as we being led to believe, this is one of easiest way to make it happen in my opinion.

I guess time will reveal that to us.
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
naijababe:

Courtesy Channel 4, I saw that programme! A lot of Tony's achievement were watered not by the actually going to war but that dodgy dossier and the obviously playing second fiddle to Bush after the war! I think many might have forgiven him if the the dossier had not been 'sexed up' grin

@ Shymexx, William Hague is doing his thing as Foreign Secretary. I think he is doing a good job, unlike Theresa May angry

Foreign Secretary? - they kicked him out of there time ago.

Theresa May is an alarmist - I don't even understand the woman.
Re: Jagaban by TerraCotta(m): 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
isalegan2:

You show yourself for what you are. Continue.

I blame those that are wasting their time on you when you start off your post insulting women.

It's the gender equivalent of "Yoruba always does x but Hausa does Y." Chai, Nairaland got me today grin
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

Financial revolution - money has been flowing into London since ships were docking at Liverpool. It just so happens that current money is Russian.

Brown was a disaster. He and Brown squandered the boom between 1995 and 2008.

However, when the Russian money started flowing in - it put London back on the map as the Financial capital of the world.

But Kats - why do you like the Tories so much? I remember a thread about a year ago where you supported Lady Thatcher's policies. The same policies that disenfranchised loads of folks, and tore the fabric of the country apart. Northern England and Scotland are yet to recover from those wicked policies...and she destroyed a generation of black people in the UK.
Re: Jagaban by omonnakoda: 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
naijababe:

Dependence will not reduce if derivation does not increase! There is nothing the SS/SE want more, if regional development is truly at the heart of the APC as we being led to believe, this is one of easiest way to make it happen in my opinion.
So you place so much hope in APC delivering on a promise they did not make because it is a reasonable thing to do.There is no rational reason or incentive to do so quite the contrary especially now that oil prices are falling. This is like trying to "correct" left handedness by amputating the left hand.

I do not think the FG can or will deliver much to the Yorubas specifically we have to look to the governors for that. What we can hope for is that our journey to industrialization as a nation is quickened and that is where the FG has more influence.Also we need to strengthen regional ties with ECOWAS countries and that is another role for the FG . I think that is one thing we shoud have learnt from Boko Haram . Our collective security is tied and this applies to prosperity as well.

1 Like

Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

Foreign Secretary? - they kicked him out of there time ago.

Theresa May is an alarmist - I don't even understand the woman.

I didn't even know that. TM is everything any right thinking person should not be.
Re: Jagaban by coogar: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
naijababe:

Courtesy Channel 4, I saw that programme! A lot of Tony's achievement were watered not by the actual act of going to war but that dodgy dossier and obviously playing second fiddle to Bush after the war! I think many might have forgiven him if the the dossier had not been 'sexed up' grin

don't mind the british public - they all follow one path like zombies. i am yet to see a society that is more mind-controlled by the media. once skynews says it, it's the gospel truth. they are too lazy to do their own research.

@ Shymexx, William Hague is doing his thing as Foreign Secretary. I think he is doing a good job, unlike Theresa May angry

don't even get me started on theresa may. brainless & clueless - her face reminds me of the 3 stygian witches in clash of the titans. i can't wait to have the whole crew kicked out next month.
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
omonnakoda:
So you place so much hope in APC delivering on a promise they did not make because it is a reasonable thing to do.There is no rational reason or incentive to do so quite the contrary especially now that oil prices are falling. This is like trying to "correct" left handedness by amputating the left hand.

I do not think the FG can or will deliver much to the Yorubas specifically we have to look to the governors for that. What we can hope for is that our journey to industrialization as a nation is quickened and that is where the FG has more influence.Also we need to strengthen regional ties with ECOWAS countries and that is another role for the FG . I think that is one thing we shoud have learnt from Boko Haram . Our collective security is tied and this applies to prosperity as well.

I would posit that the bolded is even more difficult to achieve and they promise to reduce the over-dependence on oil and a regional integration of the SW states abi what else is the DAWN commission about?

http://dawncommission.org/
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
coogar:

don't mind the british public - they all follow one path like zombies. i am yet to see a society that is more mind-controlled by the media. once skynews says it, it's the gospel truth. they are too lazy to do their own research.

don't even get me started on theresa may. brainless & clueless - her face reminds me of the 3 stygian witches in clash of the titans. i can't wait to have the whole crew kicked out next month.

Coogz, Tony Blair messed up - and I'm one of his biggest fans ever. That wasn't skynews - his unapologetic ways, thinking his supreme oratory skills would save him, did him in. Everyone saw the pictures coming out of Iraq; the body bags; and the destruction of Fallujah and genocide there - all because of a lie.
Re: Jagaban by OAM4J: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

However, when the Russian money started flowing in - it put London back on the map as the Financial capital of the world.

But Kats - why do you like the Tories so much? I remember a thread about a year ago where you supported Lady Thatcher's policies. The same policies that disenfranchised loads of folks, and tore the fabric of the country apart. Northern England and Scotland are yet to recover from those wicked policies...and she destroyed a generation of black people in the UK.

Even I wonder.
Re: Jagaban by Katsumoto: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

I tolerate the Tories because I hate Labour and Lib Dem as I am socially conservative. I am as old school as Moses. Fiscally, I am a centrist - I believe everyone should work and that the rich should pay more taxes but not so single mothers can have more kids or so that lazy buggers can watch soaps all day and go drinking.

And I defend Thatcher policies because she saved the UK from ruin. Like I asked you and all the others on that thread, what would you have done differently giving the collapse of the British economy and society under James Callaghan.
Re: Jagaban by Katsumoto: 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
naijababe:

I would posit that the bolded is even more difficult to achieve and they promise to reduce the over-dependence on oil and a regional integration of the SW states abi what else is the DAWN commission about?

http://dawncommission.org/

And in 4 years what has this DAWN commission done? In terms of policy implementation.
Re: Jagaban by monitoragent: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jagabandit. Jagaterror. Jagaemperor. Jagacorruption
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
OAM4J:

Even I wonder.

Katzy baby is a conservative at heart! Don't y'all know it already grin

coogar:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Better get used to that face, those b1tches are winning the next election. I only wish I won't have to see George Osborne's face again angry angry angry angry angry If I ever meet that nucca in a dark alley!
Re: Jagaban by omonnakoda: 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=naijababe post=32325316]

http://dawncommission.org/[/quote This like dawn will not work without legislation or binding rules contracts etc but it is a good idea, Anyway back to Jagaban grin Let us wait and see how great he will be it is premature to compare him with Awo
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

And in 4 years what has this DAWN commission done? In terms of policy implementation.

Not much even by my account, na so so meetings we dey hear about. But I believe some of their ideas politically speaking are hard to implement if the politics at the centre is not favourable.

As you said before, time will tell.

@ Omonnak0da, exactly! They need legislation to be able to implement those policies and this is where numbers in the lower house especially could really work in their favour.
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

I tolerate the Tories because I hate Labour and Lib Dem because I am socially conservative. I am as old school as Moses. Fiscally, I am a centrist - I believe everyone should work and that the rich should pay more taxes but not so single mothers can have more kids or so that lazy buggers can watch soaps all day and go drinking.

And I defend Thatcher policies because she saved the UK from ruin. Like I asked you and all the others on that thread, what would you have done differently giving the collapse of the British economy and society under James Callaghan.

I agree with the bold.

However, I don't know what I would've done differently but you can't make one region of the country more prosperous, to the detriment of the rest. She favoured her Tory base in the South, and left both Northern England and Scotland for dead. I think the midlands also lost out a bit. They will never forgive the Tories in those parts of the UK.
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
OAM4J:

Even I wonder.

Lol. Kats is a black republican. grin
Re: Jagaban by TerraCotta(m): 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

I tolerate the Tories because I hate Labour and Lib Dem because I am socially conservative. I am as old school as Moses. Fiscally, I am a centrist - I believe everyone should work and that the rich should pay more taxes but not so single mothers can have more kids or so that lazy buggers can watch soaps all day and go drinking.

I agree with this, even though I don't agree with her politics. I saw the tail end of her reign and it's hard for people today to appreciate how much she turned the UK around from the moribund 1970s. She was as pragmatic as .. Jagaban!

Shymexx--did you ever see "The Long Good Friday"? It's appropriate for today and will show you what the Docklands looked like before Thatcher and the reason why union extremism and traditional leftist policies were rejected in the UK.
Re: Jagaban by coogar: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

magaret thatcher is the worst thing that happened to britain. did you see the abacha's death-like celebration she got when she passed away. that just about tells the story.

she sold off public housing & halted all the programs to build more. state-owned enterprises like steel, railway, coal, gas & electricity were broken up cos she knew it formed the political & the financial base of the labour party.

come on, katz......this woman epitomised evil.
Re: Jagaban by Katsumoto: 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
SirShymexx:

I agree with the bold.

However, I don't know what I would've done differently but you can't make one region of the country more prosperous, to the detriment of the rest. She favoured her Tory base in the South, and left both Northern England and Scotland for dead. I think the midlands also lost out a bit. They will never forgive the Tories in those parts of the UK.

If that were true, how did she win 3 elections? Folk just exaggerate. She did what was necessary.

SirShymexx:

Lol. Kats is a black republican. grin

Now you are insulting me; I don't like the Republicans.
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
TerraCotta:

I agree with this, even though I don't agree with her politics. I saw the tail end of her reign and it's hard for people today to appreciate how much she turned the UK around from the moribund 1970s. She was as pragmatic as .. Jagaban!

Shymexx--did you ever see "The Long Good Friday"? It's appropriate for today and will show you what the Docklands looked like before Thatcher and the reason why union extremism and traditional leftist policies were rejected in the UK.

I haven't seen it...I might check it out on YouTube before I go to bed tonight. Thanks.
Re: Jagaban by isalegan2: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
TerraCotta:

It's the gender equivalent of "Yoruba always does x but Hausa does Y." Chai, Nairaland got me today grin

angry grin Actually, I now remember the poster from a previous run-in. I recall reading he changed monikers. This is his M.O.

I guess because the OP 's moniker appears fem, that means all Tinubu admirers are women. undecided

Deja vu all over again. Ignored. Omonnakoda = Aribisala.
Re: Jagaban by Katsumoto: 11:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
coogar:

magaret thatcher is the worst thing that happened to britain. did you see the abacha's death-like celebration she got when she passed away. that just about tells the story.

she sold off public housing & halted all the programs to build more. state-owned enterprises like steel, railway, coal, gas & electricity were broken up cos she knew it formed the political & the financial base of the labour party.

So here is a question for you

It is 1979 - The UK owes money to the IMF. It is so broke that streets aren't cleaned, the dead couldn't be buried. Marginal tax rate is over 90%. The Unions are on strike. Nothing is working. What would you do?
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

If that were true, how did she win 3 elections? Folk just exaggerate. She did what was necessary.

Now you are insulting me; I don't like the Republicans.

She won the same way David Cameron won, without Lib Dem stealing parts of the votes. You and I know no one voted for her up there. grin

Republicans aren't that bad - they're the hawkish and vacuous version of the Tories. The Americanised Southern Anglo-Saxons. And since you're a fan of Lady Thatcher - you should be able to embrace her BF, Ronald Reagan, and his party. grin
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
coogar:

This is why I don't undesrtand why anyone could forgive dear old dead Margaret for the bolded but then turn around and and e-lynch Gordon for selling off UK gold reserves. That social housing policy is the reason why London prices is at an atronomical and would continue to remain so.

Margaret Thatcher...............I have no words! Just don't come up North and say something nice about her any where.
Re: Jagaban by OAM4J: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
naijababe:

Not much even by my account, na so so meetings we dey hear about. But I believe some of their ideas politically speaking are hard to implement if the politics at the centre is not favourable.

As you said before, time will tell.

@ Omonnak0da, exactly! They need legislation to be able to implement those policies and this where numbers in the lower house especially could really work in their favour.

To be honest, Jonathan National Conference report is fantastic and would have helped DAWN even though I dont trust Jonathan and I think he lacks the political will to implement it. But I doubt Buhari will even give much thought to that report.

I dont think the SW has anything fantastic to gain from the Center outside the basic federal presence which is expected for every region. My only joy with Buhari / APC government is that, given the human resources available in APC with Buhari's strong political will and anti corruption stand, we might begin to see real federal government projects with a conducive business enabling environment which SW governors can build on it to the benefit of the region.
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
OAM4J:

To be honest, Jonathan National Conference report is fantastic and would have helped DAWN even though I dont trust Jonathan and I think he lacks the political will to implement it. But I doubt Buhari will even give much thought to that report.

I dont think the SW has anything fantastic to gain from the Center outside the basic federal presence which is expected for every region. My only joy with Buhari / APC government is that, given the human resources available in APC with Buhari's strong political will and anti corruption stand, we might begin to see real federal government projects with a conducive business enabling environment which SW governors can build on it to the benefit of the region.

Do you have a link? I'd like to read it
Re: Jagaban by coogar: 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Katsumoto:

So here is a question for you

It is 1979 - The UK owes money to the IMF. It is so broke that streets aren't cleaned, the dead couldn't be buried. Marginal tax rate is over 90%. The Unions are on strike. Nothing is working. What would you do?

borrow more money. grin
her penny-pinching did much worse than good. BP - the state creation of winston churchill himself was sold off like pure water to her friends. the shareholders benefitted from it, hardly the british public.

don't even get me started with the introduction of poll tax to replace the local government property taxes to driving poorer natural labour voters off the electoral rolls. the same tight fisted schemes triggered the Falklands war when she withdrew funds off the BAS.

her sins were too many.
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
coogar:

borrow more money. grin
her penny-pinching did much worse than good. BP - the state creation of winston churchill himself was sold off like pure water to her friends. the shareholders benefitted from it, hardly the british public.

don't even get me started with the introduction of poll tax to replace the local government property taxes to driving poorer natural labour voters off the electoral rolls. the same tight fisted schemes triggered the Falklands war when she withdrew funds off the BAS.

her sins were too many.

I endorse this message. She rode the Falkands war victory back to downing street. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) / Nigerians React after President Buhari said he will win today(PICS) / IPOB Kills 3 FRSC Officers In Anambra As Warning To Soludo (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.