Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! (21238 Views)

Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects / Police Arrest Boko Haram Suspect In Borno Gov’s Lodge / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by MrCrackles(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2009
knotty:

BROKEN NEWS!!!!

The goat has turned back into a man.

the man is currently in detention but the only problem the crack team of cracker eating policemen are faced with is, the man is deaf and dumb. and, blind too, with occasional warapa seizures.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by StellaN3(f): 11:12am On Jan 28, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
na 9ja we dey many thing are happenning if he like let him be lame too grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Wumine(f): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2009
This is hilarious! grin grin grin Naija is at it again!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by conimo(m): 11:35am On Jan 28, 2009
u can now have a US(+1), UK(+44) & France(+33) phone numbers which will enable u to receive calls ONLY direct to ur GSM phone (preferably a landline mobile e.g visaphone, multilinks, starcomms etc) or to any phone other phone number in the world u wish to provide for ur business needs,

it takes 2days for u to start receiving calls on ur US, UK and France numberscheesy so order now contact me via http://www.conimo.com/Contacts.html
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kolaoloye(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2009
knotty:

BROKEN NEWS!!!!

The goat has turned back into a man.

the man is currently in detention but the only problem the crack team of cracker eating policemen are faced with is, the man is deaf and dumb. and, blind too, with occasional warapa seizures.

[size=15pt]This information is not true[/size]
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by D1KeleVra(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2009
kola oloye:

[size=15pt]This information is not true[/size]

It's "broken" news the guy talk na. cheesy
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by naomi16: 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2009
the police,should cook the goat and eat.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by TerrySoft(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2009
nonsense!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by deebrain(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2009
Little wonder many graduates refuse to join the Nigerian Police!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Danoe(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2009
Completely ridiculous, arm robber turning into a goat. The Police should should not allow the goat to eat. It should be place on fasting and prayers throughout untill it change back to human.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Danoe(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
This particular arm robber in quote needs spiritual deliverance. The police should call a Pastor from a Living church to pray for him to see and hear.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by adaun(f): 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2009
nna men,this is funny and at the same tym,it's not funny.how can a whole nigeria police publicly announce the arrest of a goat without shame?na wa o!i think d inspector general should start givin these men more serious work to do or they should start considering joining nollywood cos it's in nollywood that we get to c this kind of film tricks.it's a shame and they should have just shut up rather than comin out to say such RUBBISH angry embarassed
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Emad(f): 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ topic

has the goat been interogated yet?
why dont they just kill the goat and make suya?
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Vitex: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2009
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by D1KeleVra(m): 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
Emad:

@ topic

has the goat been interogated yet?
why dont they just kill the goat and make suya?

The goat/sheep has refused to comment. It has been advised to get a legal counsel tho, so don't count ur luck on any suya from it tonight. tongue
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by chikend(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2009
D1KeleVra:

The goat/sheep has refused to comment. It has been advised to get a legal counsel tho, so don't count ur luck on any suya from it tonight. tongue
this is hilarious
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by dnex(m): 5:21am On Jan 29, 2009
I've really not been to Nairaland much lately, but when I logged on last weekend and saw this story, I almost laughed myself to death.

You just gat to love Naija cos it only happens here. How won't we be the happiest people on earth when even the police can unearth this kind of comedy unscripted.

Well, I know most of you haven't heard that in addition to this Goat suspect, there's also a Yam suspect detained by same Nigerian Police in Agege, Lagos. http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02//indexn3_html?pdate=250109&ptitle=The%20Trial%20Of%20A%20Goat&cpdate=250109
My own concern right now is that they don't put the Yam and goat suspect together in one cell 'cos I trust that such a criminally mined goat will not fail to eat up the yam in a most cannibalistic murder. And that on it's own is an entirely new case.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Larryguy(m): 6:59am On Jan 29, 2009
The story about robbry goat is it true?
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by free2ryhme: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2009
i wanted to believe that literates patronize nairaland only 4 me to see for mysef that u all are stack mumu is that a goat or a sheep, ? look b4 you u type abi una hand dey scratch una, lol, lol na wah ooooooooo
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by dnex(m): 8:01am On Jan 29, 2009
@free2rhyme

Read the thread you will understand why a goat robbed and we are seeing the pic of a sheep. ONLY IN NAIJA!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Vuitton(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by superboi(m): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2009
the goat name have been finally revealed his name is saliu. check vanguardngr.com
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Tcrack(m): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2009
This is an insult on the sanity of the few sane ones amongst us. if this is the kind of police I depend on to secure my life and property, then there is a problem. this is not just hilarious but also ridiculous. Everybody should be sacked. From the constable that brought to goat, to the inspector who took charge of the case, to the DPO who was stupid enough to take such trash to the force head quarters and the senseless PRO officer who called for a press briefing to talk such nonsense. look what tax payer money is used to pay for.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by nanwa: 9:55am On Jan 29, 2009
what are the police going to do with the goat after investigation. Jailed it, kill it, detain it, drag it to court or release it?

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by knotty(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-114892.0.html

EUREKA! this is the goat we`ve been looking for.

thanks to our ever able police.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by mine4213(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2009
shocked This is really serious, wel i dont blame the Police cos, there is really noting for them to do again, than harrasing human, now is the time to harras animals.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by StellaN3(f): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2009
superboi:

the goat name have been finally revealed his name is saliu. check vanguardngr.com

it could be true
with 9ja bad things are possible grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by GeorgeD1(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2009
@all,
The sheep is now to be sold. Any body interested in buying? smiley

Police to sell sheep paraded as car thief   
Written by Demola Akinyemi     
Tuesday, 27 January 2009 
*Vigilante head wants mystery animal prosecuted
The dust raised by the mysterious “sheep” that was paraded last week by the Kwara State Police Command as a suspect in an attempt to steal a Mazda car in Ilorin appeared not to be over as the sheep has refused to eat grass or any other thing but has been feeding only on water since the day it was detained by the police.

The sheep which is still in the custody of the police was said to be a 'robbery suspect' which turned into a sheep to avoid arrest when the suspect met a brick wall as he was being pursued by a vigilance team.

The head of the team, Prince Omoniyi Nasirudeen, however, insisted that the “sheep” should be prosecuted, arguing that it was a human being armed robbery suspect that mysteriously turned to the animal.

He said: “The suspected car thief we wanted to apprehend turned to that sheep, we quickly apprehended it and even alerted the residents who all came out to see it.’’

The sheep suspected to be humanHe further explained that the armed robbers who attempted to steal the car were two and that when they beamed torchlight on them with the intention of apprehending them they ran away and they were  chased until one of them disappeared while the second suspect turned to sheep.

He added that “the suspect was actually a human being and was still running until he was pursued to a corner where he quickly put his back behind the wall with one of the legs and turned to the sheep which was quickly grabbed.”

He said further that the entire residents were immediately alerted to come and see what happened and that one elderly woman among the crowd called the sheep Saliu and later went away.''

When asked if he can still identify the elderly woman and why she was not arrested based on the revelation, he said he could not identify the woman and that she was not arrested because there was no clear link between her and the suspects.

Efforts to get the update of the development as at press time from the head of the vigilancte group proved abortive as his GSM line was not available.

Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Donald Iroham, said yesterday that investigation has been concluded in the matter and that the animal will be sold off within the next 24 hours if no one came forward to claim it.

The police boss, who addressed a press conference yesterday at the Police Headquarters in Ilorin, explained that the command was being guided by the Police Act part 4 section 3 (1) which states that if any property comes to the custody of the police, the court of jurisdiction may on application sell the item and pay the proceed to police reward fund account.

“We are expecting the court order, then we will put the sheep on sale for whoever is interested to come and buy, if within the next 24 hours the owner refused to come and claim it,’’ he stressed.

The police commissioner, who suspended his yearly leave to address the press, however, described the incident as an embarrassment to the police authorities because it was not possible for such incident to happen in this 24 th Century.

According to him, ''it is not possible for a man to turn to a sheep, it is not scientific, it is not possible, it should be discarded, we are not happy about it at all.’’

Meanwhile, the Kwara State Government has appealed to the people of the state, especially the residents of Ilorin to disregard the alleged mysterious sheep accused of being a man who had attempted to snatch a car.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by TPS360: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2009
set the dam goat free undecided
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by olugbon01(m): 8:12am On Jan 30, 2009
this is just too funny and crazy. grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2009
Me i think the police used that innocent goat to earn small pay because dumb Nigerians will leave their work and come and pay money in the police station to see the goat. Brothers and sisters, we ve all been had. Now they done harm , they are selling the goat.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2009
i can't afford to miss the show at the court.

i must be there by fire by thunder. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form / Transition Committee Proposes Removal Of Fuel Subsidy / Ilorin Emirate: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Trailing Comments, Slams Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.