Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Online Relationships Pros And Cons - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Online Relationships Pros And Cons (1453 Views)

Love Is Blind. 5 Reasons To Never Be ‘blinded’ By Online Relationships! / Long Distance Relationships: Pros And Cons / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2015
Everyone has been into an online relationship at one time or the other...

So here's what we're going to do. We gonna discuss it under the following guidelines

1) Do you support it or you're against it

2) Reasons for your support

3) Your experience (past or present)

4) If you go back in time, what would you do different...

5) Suggestions, precautions and advice

I love well coherent discussions, so please do try limit the jargon-speak...thx. And enjoy
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by prettyjo(f): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2015
av not been into one. ftc
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2015
I do support online relationships, but I believe there should be a time limit before it becomes a real-life relationship... I don't buy the idea of dating online for years without ever seeing. That to me is penpalship not a relationship
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 01, 2015
prettyjo:
av not been into one. ftc

Really shocked shocked

That's wow!!!
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by prettyjo(f): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2015
pyrokardia:

Really shocked shocked

That's wow!!!
yea
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2015

True to type, you couldn't make sense past your first post.
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by DuchessLily(f): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2015
Never been into one...

But

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by dharay99: 9:55am On Apr 01, 2015
its somhw subdivided, cus to me if u meet someone online, afta a wyl u ppl strt dating, I know u call dat an online dating stuff...

Buh progressively, when dez two ppl finally gets to see eachoda, do u still call dat an online dating?(cus dey met n strtd online) To me, its a No.

So it depends, if its plainly gonna b online, no physical contact den I don't support dat, its a waste of time.
cry
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 01, 2015
prettyjo:
yea

OK, so from ur friends experiences.. What have u learnt?
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

True to type, you couldn't make sense your first come.

Huh
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2015
dharay99:
its somhw subdivided, cus to me if u meet someone online, afta a wyl u ppl strt dating, I know u call dat an online dating stuff...

Buh progressively, when dez two ppl finally gets to see eachoda, do u still call dat an online dating?(cus dey met n strtd online) To me, its a No.

So it depends, if its plainly gonna b online, no physical contact den I don't support dat, its a waste of time.
cry

Exactly bro, a huge waste of time, effort and an emotional drain
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2015
DuchessLily:
Never been into one...

But

Sell well ooo. Any input o the topic?
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2015
pyrokardia:

Huh

LOL. It wasn't meant to be understood.

April fool!
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

LOL. It wasn't meant to be understood.

April fool!

Lmao, that just cracked me up
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by DuchessLily(f): 10:39am On Apr 01, 2015
pyrokardia:

Sell well ooo. Any input o the topic?

Hahahaha..OK thanx grin

As per d topic:

There is nothing wrong in being into online relationship.

Many Online relationShips have led to marriages, some happy ones and some sad ones

It all depends on d pple involved.

Its just dat anything with advantage(s) also has disadvantage(s)

What I'm against abt online relationships is married men and women who engage in it... Thereby making a fool of their marriages and homes (dis has also broken homes)

I'm also against guys or ladies who go into it to defraud pple and some even kill their victims (so sad cry )

I'm also against singles girls and guys who knw DAT a man or woman is married, but still go into online relationships with dis stupid married pple and letting themselves to be used by the devil to destroy homes and lives

#myonedollar
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by sinizia: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2015
pyrokardia:

So here's what we're going to do. We gonna discuss it under the following guidelines

I love well coherent discussions, so please do try limit the jargon-speak...thx. And enjoy

1) I support it but I lean more towards the "against it" side.

2) I'm mostly against it because online relationship is more risky than offline relationship. Offline relationship is already risky. Someone you think you know deeply can change at any moment to display a character that you never knew existed. Now compared that to the online dating. In this case, you relatively know this person or don't know him at all. He could be a sheep in wolf's clothing. He could be a serial rapist. He could evil in human skin, but it'd hard to tell because he only projects the part he wants you to see. That's the beauty of the internet. Where a pauper can feign to be rich. Where a dullard can claim a sage. Where a nobody becomes a somebody. It's harder to judge the person correctly. He can be a serial cheat but act all faithful online. With online dating, the person can be perfect, safely masking the beast underneath his soul. But few people gets lucky though, so it's all about choices.

3. Too long to pen down.

4. I won't even wanna go back in time to right my naivety, because I learnt from it. It's part of my building blocks of life. Every finish line is the beginning of a new race.

5. I've got some simple advice for those that might fall in love online - not all that glitters are gold, and people are not usually what they seem to be. Be cautious. Study the person very well before say "yes." Give room for a little doubt. Love with your heart but never forget your brain. bye!!

1 Like

Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
sinizia:

4. I won't even wanna go back in time to right my naivety, because I learnt from it. It's part of my building blocks of life. Every finish line is the beginning of a new race.

Love ur attitude, but telling us what you'll like to do different is for others to learn from ur experience
Re: Online Relationships Pros And Cons by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
pyrokardia:

Nice thread, first of all.

I support it of course because it makes no fvcking tad of sense to oppose it. The whole world has gone digital. Every thing is being done online. You meet different people online and it's kind of self defeating to expect that meaningful relationships would not be started online.

The hypocrites that claim meeting a girl offline is the best thing after sliced bread, I challenge them to come out and say they do not send or keep in contact with the girl online, especially if it's a LDR( not that I support LDR's, they are fvcking useless). Whatsapp, BBM etc are online. So what the fvck exactly is the yapping and bickering for over online relationships?

Like every other means of meeting people, care has to be taken before you start a relationship online. Know who it is you are talking to properly before you decide to meet them. . . Skype isn't a bad idea. You can make video calls with him/her and you can properly assess their physical attributes and imperfections before you start a relationship with them. Do not rely solely on pictures. Some fvcking idiots use the pics of a younger brother, cousin or a friend to pose, and then they turn out to be different from what you had previously envisaged. Therefore, the use of skype and video evidence is greatly encouraged.

If you fall victim and still come here to cry, I'll blast you, call you a fool and give you reasons for calling you a fool.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Something Is Wrong With Me / Ways To Lock Lips Like A Pro With Several Different Kisses Lovers Need To Know / Ladies,what Will You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.