Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President (14533 Views)

Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / Fresh Power Tussle In APC: Buhari Woos Tinubu For Support / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by wirinet(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Oluremi nor any other senator from the south west cannot be senate president, the number 2 and number 3 persons in Nigeria cannot be from the same region. Since the president will be from the north east, the vice president from the south west, the senate president should be from the south east or south south. But are there any APC senators from the south East or South South? Only One senator from Edo. But then he is a green horn so he is unlikely to be voted for by fellow senators. So we are in a dilimma as regarding federal character of principal offices. I think the north central would be mandated to produce the senate president and i think it will naturally fall to Bukola Saraki. Even if the South East has one senator from APC (a second term senator), he would have clinched the ticket on a platter of gold, but as things stand its is impossible for the south east to produce the senate president. That is why we had been warning that the Igbos should not put all their eggs in one basket.

I want to know the situation with the speakership, can an igbo clinch the house of representatives? I hope they can because i would want the soulth east to at least clinch the number 4th position.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by Azedplus(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Thats what you get for being too sentimental ( ss & d se ) were ethnic and religious blindfolded. you can't eat your cake and have it. The oppositions never asked for Senate Presidency during the era of the PDP, so I trust the pdp will never ask for it now irrespective of who it where has what

1 Like

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by raumdeuter: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ole omo Igbo

They want Senate President when they didnt vote APC.

Senate President ko, Senate Commisioner ni

George Akume or Saraki would be Senate President

4 Likes

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by iamrealdeji(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jorussia:
Then an Edo or Igbo man must be Senate president, for the sake of the unity this nation. Remember, Buhari's victory is a national referendum.
I would have fully supported Ngige even more than Bukola because he really tried,but he got dropped,so,who else can do it out of Igbo and Edo men?
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by yetunsbay(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:
Tambuwal was Speaker even as an APC minority in the house.

The Senate president position should go to SE even if the beneficiary is of PDP!
big NO! If u insist on SE rather ask PDP member that defeated Chris Ngige to step down by this it will balance

1 Like

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by raumdeuter: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

The Senate president position should go to SE even if the beneficiary is of PDP!

Tambuwal wasnt voted as Speaker while in APC, He was voted while in PDP

No Ibo APC senator then nothing for you

2 Likes

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by upsyLi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
ghost1718:
we were given some positions during gej tenure
Positions like?
Vice president?
Senate President?
Speaker of the House of Representatives?
NO!
So tell me Which other top office.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by upsyLi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
ghost1718:
ghost1718:
Positions like?
Vice president?
Senate President?
NO!
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by NnamdiN: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
DukeNija:

This your hate will make you run mad.
the guy writes like a kid. He says igbos are no longer relevant yet, virtually all his posts today contain the word "igbo". I pray he doesn't run mad with his hate-filled obsession.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by upsyLi(m): 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
ghost1718:
Positions like?
Vice president?
Senate President?
NO!
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by zeelo2014: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

Edo right? Even when APC Party chairman is Edo? I laff in Japanese!

Like I said, it's APC and Buhari's headache, let me see how you clowns handle this landmine!
My brother, I doubt if there's any senator or rep from APC in the East. Nigeria is winner take all. Let's just watch and see how it plays out.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by SirDorianGray(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
todayboy:
I just get an insider information from top APC leaders that there is big tension in the camp of APC. Bola Tinubu wants his wife to be the next senate president but Buhari is not comfortable with it.

We are watching this APC lets see how they can manage those greedy frustrated politicians from PDP

Before i forget congratulation too all apc supporters and also to the greatest African at the moment Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

But why are you so foolish?? You're just a rabble rouser. Anyone who knows Nigerian politics knows this is false. Since the North West has produced the President and south west has produced the VP then another zone most likey North central Is going to produce the Senate President.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by toyecoach(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
todayboy:
I just get an insider information from top APC leaders that there is big tension in the camp of APC. Bola Tinubu wants his wife to be the next senate president but Buhari is not comfortable with it.

We are watching this APC lets see how they can manage those greedy frustrated politicians from PDP

Before i forget congratulation too all apc supporters and also to the greatest African at the moment Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
You are part of those peopple that cost Jonthan his job . You have started again with falsehood . Please #change now

1 Like

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by imsuboi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ymodulus:

Never Igbos sold their right already.

Never will an ihbo man be there. Never never never

I used to think that you're a reasonable fellow. Especially during the whole suicide scare thing; I admire how the whole NL clamored behind you.

I now see clearly. . .

You're actually no different from the illiterate almajiris up north. You're just another dumb Igbo hater

One thing is certain though; your hate for the Igbo tribe would be your undoing.

Shalom wink

2 Likes

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by PointB: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
zeelo2014:

My brother, I doubt if there's any senator or rep from APC in the East. Nigeria is winner take all. Let's just watch and see how it plays out.

There is none! We rejected APC totally, and proudly! But let's watch how they can possibly take all the oil!
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by salvo583: 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

Both Tambuwal and the outgoing VP sambo are both from NW so i don't get the point ure trying to make
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by abokikhalifa: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Fat lie... All this idiot pdp OP will just be comming up with bassless talks...saraki will be the senate president nd dat all...
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by khattab008: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Our Ibo brothers are crying over spilled milk.
Bloc votes are used to dictate the leader of both houses, and the APC being the majority will definitely dictate who becomes what in both houses.

The NC worked well for the APC hence deserve a post- most likely the Senate President.

Edo state and Imo state are the only two states from the SS and SE that deserve to be rewarded with any avaible post, subject to APC winning any seat there.

IMO, NC gets the Senate president(probably Saraki), if the senator from edo is qualified, he should get the Deputy senate president.

If Edo/Imo has any competent and loyal APC reps member, they could get the Speaker HOR, while NE gets Deputy.

SE can't eat their cake, and have it.
Ngige would have been the perfect Senate president.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by khattab008: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

There is none! We rejected APC totally, and proudly! But let's watch how they can possibly take all the oil!

What's it with this oil you guys are always screaming about?

No Region can hold the nation to ransom, if you guys don't want to be part of this union, please request for a referundum through your regional leaders.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by shaddoww: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
ghost1718:
for peace to rain let them put igbo man or south south as senate PRESIDENT, because if they (a.p.c)put yoruba or hausa man, they will bring problem to this country
U guys have not learn anything still, what nigeria needs now is competence not all dis rubish talk of this or that producing dis or dat, wen in the out going administration, d south-south had d president, north had d vice, senate president and speaker, did anyone cry wolf, abeg all we need is dos dat will rebuild nigeria afterall d igbos had a chance to support ngige or apga candidates to go to d senate.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by M17: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
every igbo SS/SE person decamp from APC AND PDP ,

STAY INDEPENDENT AND USE YOUR POLITICAL TOOL .

WE DON'T WANT TO PRESIDE OVER NIGERIA AFFAIRS NEITHER DO WE EVER GOING TO LET YOU PLAY WITH OUR POLITICAL

INTELLIGENT ,

I KNOW YOU WILL BANK ON YOUR CORRUPTION AND YOUR PURE HATRED AGAINST THE IGBO'S AND OTHER MINORITIES

.YOU ARE NOW HAPPY OVER YOUR SUCCESS IN YOUR ELECTION GANG UP'S .YOU CREATED MORE PROBLEM'S RATHER THAN SOLVING IT .
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by Urine: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
The fact that anybody here believes this story means dumb people are taking over the world, everybody knows this Senate Presidency is a battle between Akume and Saraki.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by M17: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
WHY CAN'T SENATE PRESIDENT GOES TO ROCHA ?

WE WANT DIVISION FROM NIGERIA .

INDEPENDENT OF SE/SS IS THE NEXT .

WE ARE CALLING FOR REFERENDUM .
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by Babacele: 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Well,I might have to agree with you but with uncertainty.
Anyway,let's watch as it goes.
this response is politically matured n maturedly political Jack. its already flowing in yr serum.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by Babacele: 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
M17:
WHY CAN'T SENATE PRESIDENT GOES TO ROCHA ?

WE WANT DIVISION FROM NIGERIA .

INDEPENDENT OF SE/SS IS THE NEXT .

WE ARE CALLING FOR REFERENDUM .
e-story bro. let the new government start before you commence your e-war. don't forget that APC is a gathering of the most intelligent set of Nigerians presently. Meanwhile let us continue to celebrate this most awesome victory.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by Babacele: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
khattab008:
Our Ibo brothers are crying over spilled milk.
Bloc votes are used to dictate the leader of both houses, and the APC being the majority will definitely dictate who becomes what in both houses.

The NC worked well for the APC hence deserve a post- most likely the Senate President.

Edo state and Imo state are the only two states from the SS and SE that deserve to be rewarded with any avaible post, subject to APC winning any seat there.

IMO, NC gets the Senate president(probably Saraki), if the senator from edo is qualified, he should get the Deputy senate president.

If Edo/Imo has any competent and loyal APC reps member, they could get the Speaker HOR, while NE gets Deputy.

SE can't eat their cake, and have it.
Ngige would have been the perfect Senate president.
who says we can't sacrifice Ekwuenife for Ngige to come back? Just watch us as we start a legal battle to return Ngige to the Senate.
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by sezsimon(m): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

You want to do winner take all? We'll see about that.

Is T.A Orji the only PDP Senator bound for the NA? Beside if Lagos can queue up behind a big thief such as Tinubu, why should you point finger at Orji?

All am rooting for is Igbo Senator, we shall make it happen, even if the guy is in PDP!
well am soorry dat won't happen unless d SS/SE can meet up wit dis criteria (1) to produce an APC senator whc is too late or a PDP senator would hav to decamp to APC n even dat won't giv dem d seat because APC wouldn't trust dat kinda person easily, sooo its tooo late
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by timawoku(m): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
ugia:
That is simply not possible, she is totally inexperienced to handle such a sensitive arm of government. Senator Bukola Saraki is the best option.
The Senate requires someone with a cool, calm, emotionally stable personality and firm individual that is well versed in the working of politics of the senate chamber and will command lots of respect amongst his peers.

The incoming government does not have time to be wobbling and fumbling, there is so much at stake for the APC. There is no to ways about it they must achieve.
you mean gbemisola saraki
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by timawoku(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

No body; but it doesn't matter to us.

It's Buhari and APC head-ache now how they can successfully and effectively exclude SE/SS from governance and enjoy peace. grin cheesy
the same way the then 'jona' marginalized the sw, am sure its gonna be easy...
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by LordCenturion(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jorussia:
She will nv be by the grace of GOD.THE YORUBA SHOULD NOT HIJACK THIS NATION FROM US ALL.

Coconut head, cheap brain

1 Like

Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by tolulinks(m): 12:56am On Apr 02, 2015
for one, it's unlikely Tinubu will make such demands. Secondly, Bukola saraki will become the senate President. it's still win win for Yoruba cos the last time I checked he's Yoruba. abi bukola na hausa?
Re: War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President by Akolawole(m): 1:01am On Apr 02, 2015
Its NOT an issue in APC camp.

Its Jonathanian that bring all stuff of nonsense.

The camp is just enjoying themselves for NOW. Ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Members Plan To Join Army – DSS / Ogunlewe Endorses Tinubu: Age Is Irrelevant In Deciding Who Becomes President / Defend Yourselves, 500 Northerners Killed Within A Month In 4 States — CNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.