Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage (3822 Views)

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Stillfire: 12:28am On Apr 02, 2015
They have not killed it finish you hear... cheesy You make the choice to stay there. This is 2015. Nigerian women have choices. There is no gun pointed to your head. No pity party for any damn person. kiss
I used to wonder how Nigerian women could stay in marriages where the men blatantly and shamelessly cheat, but still maintain a front as Mrs. Somebody in public, pretend and fight tooth and nail to preserve a marriage that is totally doomed and insult all those who tell them to leave.
Not knowing that 62% of Nigerian women are unfaithful according to Durex. cheesy This is the greatest revelation of the century, and I am so pleased! grin You all need to stop the pretense of the christian mother front and then go cheat behind the back of we unsuspecting folks sad angry. kiss. Then pretend to frown against divorce.

At these rate, the men on NL should go and do DNA tests, they just might not be the sons of their fathers... grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by K9blunt(f): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2015
coogar:

if the women don't consent, there wouldn't be extra-marital affairs.
I agree.
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Blame it on feminism grin

1 Like

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by crackhaus: 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
Agrika:

*yawns loudly* abeg make we hear word
Biitch are you sex-starved?

4 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by SAMBARRY: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin grin
Stillfire:
They have not killed it finish you hear... cheesy You make the choice to stay there. This is 2015. Nigerian women have choices. There is no gun pointed to your head. No pity party for any damn person. kiss
I used to wonder how Nigerian women could stay in marriages where the men blatantly and shamelessly cheat, but still maintain a front as Mrs. Somebody in public, pretend and fight tooth and nail to preserve a marriage that is totally doomed and insult all those who tell them to leave.
Not knowing that 62% of Nigerian women are unfaithful according to Durex. cheesy This is the greatest revelation of the century, and I am so pleased! grin You all need to stop the pretense of the christian mother front and then go cheat behind the back of we unsuspecting folks sad angry. kiss. Then pretend to frown against divorce.

At these rate, the men on NL should go and do DNA tests, they just might not be the sons of their fathers... grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Stillfire: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin

Sambarry, you dey laugh? It is so impossible for human beings to go through all that without retaliating. But these women want to make us believe in some long suffering act of I cannot divorce, I'm staying for my kids nonsense. The baddest ones among them would eventually kill the husband. Some husbands would just disappear without being found, relatives will rant and rant... grin Abeg Durex has opened their bumbum, not only are Nigerian women unfaithful, but we are the most unfaithful in the whole wide world...See award ke grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by SAMBARRY: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg I wan shapen my eye brow no let them use blade tear my eyes . You too funny I swear grin
Stillfire:

Sambarry, you dey laugh? It is so impossible for human beings to go through all that without retaliating. But these women want to make us believe in some long suffering act of I cannot divorce, I'm staying for my kids nonsense. The baddest ones among them would eventually kill the husband. Some husbands would just disappear without being found, relatives will rant and rant... grin Abeg Durex has opened their bumbum, not only are Nigerian women unfaithful, but we are the most unfaithful in the whole wide world...See award ke grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Agrika: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
crackhaus:

I know right, am a sex-starved man-Biitch, I don't really know but are you sex-starved?
Sorry loser am taken!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by taiocol: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chizzy20:
hmm at tyms i wonder wat d men see in oda ladies dat dier wives dnt ve...Is it nt beta to jst b single dan gettin married nd givin d poor woman emotional trauma....nd d most annoyin part is dat d society condems a woman wen she cheats on her husband...which i dnt support...bt wen it cums to d man being caught in d act...it is taken as a normal thing..

1 Like

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by pickabeau1: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
crackhaus:

Pitiful story. . . The institution of marriage will be a lot more sane if people just took responsibility for their actions and/or inactions.

The lady in this story is an adult, and the first mistake she made was going to seek comfort and sympathy in the arms of her ex.
Her husband did not do this to her, she did it to herself.

[img]http://www.jeremytaylor.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Shortstoriestouchheartcovernov2014w350.jpg[/img]
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by crackhaus: 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Agrika:

Sorry loser am taken!
You'd have to be mentally malformed to think anyone would be interested in an ugly agricultural specimen like you.

So I ask again, are you sex-starved?

4 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by crackhaus: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
pickabeau1:

[img]http://www.jeremytaylor.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Shortstoriestouchheartcovernov2014w350.jpg[/img]
My husband pushed me into the arms of my ex, he is responsible for making me cheat on him...

This is what serial cheaters like Agrika would have us believe to justify their whoring nature.

2 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
taiocol:
Mumu! gringrin

1 Like

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by lilmax(m): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
tintingz:
Ehyaa... too bad.

Men are the great cheaters. grin
grin
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Agrika: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
crackhaus:

You'd have to be mentally malformed to think anyone would be interested in an ugly agricultural specimen like you.

So I ask again, are you sex-starved?
"Agricultural specimen"- hahahahahahahahaha, sorry dude am not sex-starved in anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by 5minsmadness: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
germainediva:
With d way thins are going Nigerian marriage may never regain its dignity
How are things going? Don't use nairaland complaint center a.k.a family section as your yardstick, a lot of marriages are doing very well as a matter of fact.

........as I write ds I weep in my heart 4 marriages of these days...
why? did you hear a sad story? was someone you know affected? please share.

.and somehow I blame it on our soceity.....nobody cautions an adultreous man......
Awwww, come on, just this morning I was reading a thread where everyone was joyously bashing the male for kissing another woman. They would have thrown a tire round his neck and burnt him alive if they had the chance! Everyday someone goes beyond 'cautioning' and downright e-murders the adulterous male...

what happened t d vows dey took b4 god to remain faithful until death...
The wedding day is filled with such promise and purpose. Celebrations abound and you can almost pluck the joy from the air (for the female anyway, most times the male is sweating from thinking of the amount of money he has spent and how he will recover...but that is another story)
But then the wedding day is over. Husband and wife don see each other finish. Then the real reasons why they married each other will come out. woe betide the partner who actually married for love; he/she will be the worst hit. I make bold to say most times it is the male that marries for love. the female marries most times for security and comfort. Hence you hardly see a lady marrying someone lower than her.
Now all the marketing is over. the man has been caught, the deed has been done. now the lady shows her true colours. She starts to display her feminist views. Small arguments of who washes the dishes or clothes or who greets who and how in the morning start to crop up. these are things that didn't bring arguments during the courtship/advertisment stage.
Men are like children. They can be very loyal as long as they feel they are not being cheated. but the moment they are cheated on they rebel. by cheating i mean:
1. Not as much sex as before. the number one marriage killer.
2. Quiet and submissive girlfriend metamorphs to talkative, nagging and feminist wife. number two marriage killer.
3. The disappearance of makeup and sexy outfits from his wife. Now she lets her chin hair grow and farts in his presence. He wonders where the beautiful woman he married went. Some ladies cut their hair short on the first year of marriage. What's that about? Did someone die? Which man wants to live with carl lewis?
4. Ignoring the man as soon as she gives birth to her first child. she tells him to 'think of the child first and be a man!".

NOw it may seem like I am putting all the responsibility on the woman, honestly I'm trying to balance both sides here. Remember most men really marry you for your looks, forget the blah blah of 'she must be intelligent, etc'. Its your looks that attracted him and your looks that will keep him the longest. Ignore this simple fact and later come and cry about how he found another less deserving woman outside. "what does she have that i didnt give him?" you whimper. MOst men are pulled out from the confines of thier homes because of the lust of the eyes. You don't hear a man saying he went after another woman 'because of her intelligence'(except in Uche Jumbo movies)

So anyway, a woman that loves her husband will consider his feelings first and kindly ask him before doing anything like cutting her hair bololo. If he complains of the reduced frequency of sex a loving woman will apologize for making him suffer and lovingly seek for a compromise, not make light of the matter and insist that her body is her right and she can do with it anything she damn well pleases and yell at him that he is a beast and sex is not food.
This goes for the other examples as well. The man who is shown love will most times respond in a loving manner. but the one who is made to feel like he needs a lawyer before he can ask for sex or food will retaliate.

So the man feels cheated and so he retaliates. if he is not getting the joy from home he starts to seek it elsewhere. if he is the workaholic he goes to work more. if he is the womanizer he finds his joy with other women outside, if he is neither and doesn't know where to channel his energy he strikes out at his wife and becomes a wife-beater. If he is the persevering type he sits there and takes it without complaint but becomes cold, distant and unfeeling towards his wife.

ALL THESE ARE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND ARE EASIER SEEN AND JUDGED BY THE OUTSIDE WORLD THAN THE INVISIBLE BUT ERRONEOUS ACTIVITIES OF THE STILL FAITHFUL WIFE. Because you see, a faithful wife is not necessarily a good wife.

So he breaks his vows and it hits the newsstands. And the bashing begins. 'All men are beasts', 'A real man will have self control,' 'Once a cheat, always a cheat'.

Who did he cheat with and why?

"It doesnt matter, he would have cheated anyway, once a cheat always a cheat.:"
"Our men are killing our marriages" smiley

Of course this tale can go the other way round in which a perfectly sane woman goes ahead to marry an irresponsible drunkard either cos she is desperate to answer Mrs or she feels her biological clock is ticking away. In that case neither of them married for love. You can imagine the aftermath.

its so pathetic and becos d society closed its eyes to it
No it didnt.
women v follow suit(tho not rite)
it only looks that way cos of social media and increased information. Women have always followed suit. who do those cheating men cheat with? young boys?
However, I will agree that in recent times, more married women have entered the cheating game. I blame it partly on the social media and increased male-female interactions with people you hardly know. a woman is easily moved by words and all she has to do is feel this guy chatting her up secretly on bb is better than her hubby and she is ready to take the bait. bb boy sets up a clandestine arrangement which is also made easier with whatsapping, pinging, 2going, facebooking etc, cheating on your spouse has never been so easy. All you need to do is collect her digits

but how do I blame a woman who's husband does not satisfy in bed yet have d strength t chase oda women,a man who hardly drops feeding money yet v enof t pay 4 hotel rooms etc,a man who constantly kips late nite leaving d wife lonely and vulnerable while he's in d company of anoda,a man who constanly abuse his wife both emotionally and physically but know how to pet oda women,I can go on and on.....
Why would the same man treat both women so differently? Why be a tyson to one and a romeo to the other?

what r our religious leaders teaching dem every friday and sunday.....
most of the time? how to get rich quick. Okay, that may not be fair on our pastorfolk, lord forgive me.

what is happening....its scary t me.........where r we headed to.....
End Time Things grin. Seriously angry
...a lot of women now cheat, it is pitiable(very shameful)
I'm glad you feel this way smiley There is still some morals in you.
and I blame it on d men(tho dere r exceptional cases...some r just born t cheat)
I agree. Men are in charge of the human race, so if anything goes wrong they should be blamed. Men are the ones that have allowed this go as far as it has gone and men are the ones that should and will make it right again.

most of these women were driven into d arm of anoda.......men pls wake up..you can't eat ur cake n have it.we even now joke wt d word "side chick" as if its a normal way of life.......god is watching us
"side chick" is just a new term for an old pastime. The position of "mistress" has been in the history of mankind since the beginning of time. The truth is, as long as there is a demand for such a woman, they will continue to exist.

Take heart, all is not lost. Learn from what you have read online and seen in real life, but don't become paranoid. Don't become a man-hater. Because you tend to attract what you think about the most. If you view every man as a 'beast' there is every tendency you will see the beast in him , no matter how hard he tries to control it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by taiocol: 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
FrancisTony:

Mumu! gringrin
Its allowed,

We are the master Key
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by MurderX: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
I was gonna start a similar tread after what I saw yesterday. This marriage thing is failing in Nigeria; let him that has ears hear. If you never marry abeg think twice especially for the ladies, no be small thing inside this matter oh.
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by MurderX: 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Its twisted, women drive men to other women's arms and then the women are in turn driven to other men's arms. So the cycle continues - real rubbish!
Re: Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Agreed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is The perfect Age To Get Married? / Help! I Need Solution To My Wifes Predicament / What Do You Think Is Wrong With This Couple? Pls Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.