Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (145218 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by jaklad(m): 11:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
The time to take our lives and destinies into our hands is now.... delivery @ ur door step...very quality production ...the new 2015-2016 ICAN study texts... the phone nomba to contact is 07066391995....Grab ur copy now and start preparing ahed 4 may 2015 diet coz early preparation is d key to blasting professional exams especially ones like ICAN...... @ JaKLad Inc. We realize ur professional dreamz. Contact us today and u'll be very glad u did.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:09am On Apr 09, 2015
PrinceMario:
@isobayor...What is your advice. A friend want to cross from mechanical engineering to economics. She's currently in 200l,her flair for finance started not quite long and the passion to go on with mechanical engineering is no longer there as she's on a cgpa of 3.3 and now scared she might not make the 2.1 boundary. Do u advice such person to cross? if yes what are the career prospects of an economics graduate with ican?.

Being A mechanical engineer does not stop your zeal of been an accountant. NO matter the discipline,all he/she need to do is to start from the foundation level,and believe me he will perform. Especially there are some courses dat are related to engineering which is perceived as difficult papers such as costing and quantitave techniques.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2015
MrDojo:
Hello, sir. I was wondering about the academic qualifications for registration in to ICAN. I only have neco result with all credits, is it acceptable coupled with my bsc result?

If you have your Bsc, you don't need Neco to register

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2015
LFJ:

If you are financially strong and you can read on your own that is the best time for you. At this time you have less responsibilities.

thanks sir. pls in all, how much would I spend?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:14am On Apr 09, 2015
I doubt if the school is accredited
fotud:

please i have an HND in accounting from FIDEI polythencnic gboko, benue state is the school accredited and what's the break down of the fees if it is accredited?

I doubt if the school is accredited., I will find out. However whether it is accredited or not, you can still write ICAN just dat you may not be exempted on some subject. If accredited, you will be exempted in all papers in foundation. You will spend close to 120k for the first diet This is for student registration,subscription,exemption fee and examination fee
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:32am On Apr 09, 2015
senatorbayor:
Good afternoon sir
How do one conquer tiredness when reading for exams. I have written PE1 stages twice but had missed failures in all subjects. I had to drop last diet cos I was not encouraged by the result. What is your advise and I wish to have career path, do you have any on-line exams one can writMy friend,
e to boost my CV

My friend,

For you to have the mindset of writing ICAN exams, you deserved to be a chartered accountant. I have seen a first class graduate that fails ICAN exams several times. And I have seen a second class lower graduate that passed ICAN with ease.

As I am telling to you, am not a genius, AS a matter of fact I wrote WAEC 6 times. But do you know wht? I didn't failed any paper in ICAN exams . Infact I even won prize.
All you need is reading religiously. How do imean? are you the type that love reading what you know? Are you the type that hate reading difficult topics? The first techniques to pass ICAN exam is to have know little or more in every aspect of the syllabus. Don't do selective reading. More so, it is possible that you understand everything but you cannot deliver it within 3 hours .yOU KNOW ITS ABSURD FOR SOMEONE TO READ FOR 6 MONTH AND NEED TO DELIVER IT IN 3 HOURS....lol.. There are ways to do it, even when you don't know what to write, you can still get valuable marks.

You can reach me on 08079276907 ,BBM PIN-7E02C6C4 or iso_bayor@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2015
ebenice:
pls sir i like to know what advantages does one stand to benefit from being chatterd

and to what extent can one go as regarding accounting knowledge accademically aside being chatterd

If you have accounting knowledge academically or otherwise without been chartered, you are meagerly a BOOK KEEPER. You become accountant when you are chartered.
If you are a chartered accountant then you are the following; 1 reporting accountant 2 financial accountant 3 A liquidator 4 An auditor 5 an assurance Engagor 6 a tax practitioner etc.

If you pass ICAN , you can apply for Chartered institute of taxation of Nigeria membership without exams(NB this is the final verdict between ICAN and CITN out of court settlement as at 20th march 2015)
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:40am On Apr 09, 2015
aYers
jazzy4naija:
please do holders of a degree in business management get any exemption thank you

Yes. some paper in foundation levels
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:42am On Apr 09, 2015
INNARMORATA:
Please I studied agricultural economics n uptill now I hav not been able 2gain employment even after series of interview..plz can go for ICAN n ACCA? Will it be an added advantage?

Well I cant really say. If you have passion for figures and u believe you can do well in financial world. Then you can go for ICAN .Like I said earlier, my best lecturer so far is an architect

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:43am On Apr 09, 2015
PrinceMario:
Thanks for the response bro. The question is,what are the chances of an economic+ican graduate getting a decent job out there.

The chances are very high
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Hello friend.
golfo:
Good work, OP! I need your assistance and clarification; I last passed my ICAN Professional examination 2 in 1999 and was preparing to write the final diet PE 3 when suddenly my company relocated me to the north. As a result i couldnt make out time; as such i lost the opportunity of writing the ICAN PE 3 and being a certified chartered accountant.
Please, i would love to finish what i started a long time ago; what process, stage/diet do i need to take and obtain d ICAN certificate ( I have passed Foundation, PE 1 and PE 11 as far back as 1999).
Thanks in advance.

Hello friend,

Please call me on 08079276907,BBM PIN -7E02C6C4 or iso_bayor@yahoo.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:47am On Apr 09, 2015
fnwalie:

Please sir, I am a graduate of economics. I enrolled for ICAN during my youth service days, and passed d first stage. All this was at Oyo State. However I could not continue due to finance. Its been more than four years now and I am presently in Lagos. It has always been my desire to continue. Do I hv to enrolled afresh or can I simply continue from where I stopped? If yes what do I do? I need advice please.

You cant start afresh. you will continue from where you stop. The problem is that the syllabus have change. text your e mail address to me. I will send a document to you so that you will see what you need to write.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:48am On Apr 09, 2015
anonimi:

One thing many did back then was to ABANDON everything else and focus solely on ICAN lectures/study/exams. You only resume enjoyment once you finish the last paper until you have to start lectures again.

Passing ICAN is POSSIBLE with the needed dedication!

you are right my brother

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Tolupride:
I have a university diploma in banking and finance and i'm doing my degree already in the same course from kogi state university...can i start Ican nw or suld i wait till after graduation. and lastly is kogi state university accredited for ican

You can start now. You will start form ATS 2. You stand the chance to gain ATS certificate and get exemption from foundation level if you start now
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:51am On Apr 09, 2015
Boss13:

Just to point out the mistake ACCA F8 - Audit and Assurance and not Perfomance Management which is F5

Thanks for the correction. dats typing error
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:54am On Apr 09, 2015
ndrule:
Good day sir,
I read Statistics and I seriously do have the flare for banking and I wudnt want to limit masef to wat ma course of study cud offer in a banking firm....My question is dz, how do I relate an ICAN exam to my course of study, do I nid 2do Masters on Accounting or jst participate in the exam.
Thanks....I hp ma msg z well read

Since you have flare for banking. You can put in for chartered institute of bankers of Nigeria(CIBN) instead of ICAN
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:56am On Apr 09, 2015
DavidGodwin:
Am in my finals sir. Accounting. someone suggested I write ICAN during my service year. How feasible is this sir? Can I do it while I serve and also what is the possibility of passing very well?

You can write it as a student. But you will need to get your transcript from the school because its part of registration requirements. You can pass it if you give it absolute dedication
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 12:58am On Apr 09, 2015
Akamaka:
hello Adebayo.
I am a professional accountant. I currently work in a Bank. internal audit department. please I need Contact for any consulting job to boost my credentials. I really intend to leave d banking sector soon.

Call me on 08079276907. I will give you a BBM pin that can help you
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:00am On Apr 09, 2015
vickylinco:
I don tire for the course sef.... person go read... he won't understand, by the way I graduated with second class upper in university of Ilorin, but this ICAN stuff, I don't just know. Am yet to write any paper though, but I have been granted exemption

Hello friend,

you cant use Academic approach to handle professional exams. You wont get it right. You need to redefine your focus and strategy

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:02am On Apr 09, 2015
tjkadzyanju:
pls sir...how do I get a chartered accountant to help me sign my form.I have gone to uniben accting dpt times without number but what they kept telling me is that they can't help me sign it cos they v not paid their dues. pls..M in Benin..do u have contacts in Benin that can help me sign. And also..being a banking and finance graduate, u will be starting from foundation and one of such courses I will be writing is MIS..pls do u have a PDF material or ICAN material, pathfinder on the subject. and what are your recommended texts for courses in foundation;business law, financial acct, and MIS.thanks sir.quick response.

I don't have any contact in Benin. Log on to ICAN site to get the materials.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:03am On Apr 09, 2015
princeunugwa:
God bless u sir for this. I finished from kogi state University Anyigba, accounting and am currently serving in imo. Pls sir I need ur advice on my next line of progression. I was thinking btw goin for my MSc in finance or ican depending on d best fit. As an experienced resource person, can u give me the best mix? Thanks

If you are a professor in accounting without been chartered, you are meagerly a book keeper not an accountant. think about that

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:04am On Apr 09, 2015
Herqolet95:

I have ND in Banking and Finance and I've passed the intermediate level of CIBN. if I was to enrol for ICAN now, at which level will i start if i took exemptions.

ATS 2
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:09am On Apr 09, 2015
habayommy:
I'm an Accounting(HND) graduate from the The Polytechnic, Ibadan. Which level will I start from?

Greatest polyte!! Ise loogun ise!! . You will start from skill levels just like any other institution in NIgeria.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:09am On Apr 09, 2015
shiki:

080279276907 ur mobile number more than 11 digits

Sorry its 08079276907. BBM PIN 7E02C6C4
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Dallazday:
pls sir, Am an undergraduate of accounting education, can I apply for ICAN exams after my program?

Yes you can
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:11am On Apr 09, 2015
pinkiepetite:
sir,ve a! Bsc(ed) in Accounting from Eksu.i thk my school is accredited. wher do I start from please. wud love to write the Nov diet during my Nysc

Bsc(ed) Accounting will be exempted some papers in foundation with the new syllabus. Please note that its only Bsc accounting from accredited institution that can start from skill level
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:13am On Apr 09, 2015
LFJ:

As a professional accountant, you are perfectly fit into any organization, even politics. If you decided to become your own master, start from your locality by telling people that you are a professional accountant and this is the way you can add value to their biz. And if you want to work for others, you are already a steps ahead of many who are still struggling to pass the exam. ICAN has less than 50,000 members as at today, we among these 50,000 thousands are dead, retired or no longer in the country so u have a better chance of better opportunities than millions.

Not even up to 40,000 its 39956 as at November last year. And thousands are dead also thousands are no longer relevant. Think about that

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 1:19am On Apr 09, 2015
isobayor:

If you pass ICAN , you can apply for Chartered institute of taxation of Nigeria membership without exams(NB this is the final verdict between ICAN and CITN out of court settlement as at 20th march 2015)

Wow! Cool, just hearing the final verdict

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:20am On Apr 09, 2015
africo13610:
Am a student of lasu nd we need some1 dat can take us advance accounting nd taxation.. Plz if u can help kindly beep me on 08022098784

I have sent a text to you
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:22am On Apr 09, 2015
heryeendey:
Hey Bro Can I Aav Contact Or Bbmpin So I Can Ax U Som Questions

08079276907 or iso_bayor@yahoo.com
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:23am On Apr 09, 2015
rhames:
hello Bayo- Thanks for opening this thread.

I am writing thre papers from the skills stage namely PM,MGE and one other paper. I am based up North and would like to attend an intensive classes in Lagos for the purpose of passing these papers. Which of these tuition houses would you recommend i attend for the purpose of passing the Examinations?

Andre

Call me on 08079276907
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:27am On Apr 09, 2015
heryeendey:
OP Add Me Upp 08095052800 Or bbm 79dbd38f

I Have added you on BBM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.