Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (145160 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:27am On Apr 09, 2015
flyboi1:

Hello,

I am a chartered banker ACIB. And I also want to write ICAN, do I have to start from scratch, or ill get exemptions.

You will be exempted some papers in foundation
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:30am On Apr 09, 2015
bolliejay:

Nice thread.........
I need ur canid and professional advice.......l was preparin for Nov 2014 exams(received lectures in one of thr tutorial in lagos and hv all the main textbook)and hv even paid for all the 4papers in Skill level when l fell teribly sick......I could not write the exams and hv just fully recovered...........
I knw the key to passin ICAN exams is early preparation.............do u think l stand a chance if l start reading for 2papers now(MGE & PSAF)

Pls note that assimilation rate is low now as old age is doing its part.

First of all .. sorry for the illness. Its one of those distractions that comes. However,i will advice you to write this diet. From the experience, its not good to procrastinate ICAN exams because it may leads to dicourgagement
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 1:32am On Apr 09, 2015
pinkiepetite:
sir,ve a! Bsc(ed) in Accounting from Eksu.i thk my school is accredited. wher do I start from please. wud love to write the Nov diet during my Nysc

isobayor:
Skill level

I think you are wrong Sir. She's an Education student, not accounting major. With the new syllabus, she can't start from Skill. What dyu think?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:33am On Apr 09, 2015
funkyjms:

If you have your Bsc, you don't need Neco to register

For clarity sake. ICAN accepts NECO
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 1:38am On Apr 09, 2015
As the revenue from oil and gas dwindles, there will be aggressive drive for internally generated revenue. While this portends a difficult time for companies and individuals on tax related issues, its a great opportunity for non client centric consultants and some unscrupulous regulators to exploit the innocence and ignorance of Tax payers. ADEGOLU CONSULTING SERVICES a client centric firm founded on integrity and professionalism is ready to partner with you to be on right side of law by delivering with passion Quintessential Audit, Financial Advisory & Tax services.
You can contact; ADEBAYO on 08079276907, RAHMON; on 08025331404 for more details

HELLO PEOPLE.....This is our private consulting firm. Help me broadcast this. You get commission for every client introduced.

However people, this is one of the prospect of accountant. I am a lecturer, a consultant and an employee with a company at the same time.

You too can do it if you partner with us. I will give you adequate guidance you need
[i][/i]

My BBM PIN 7E02C6C4

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by bennyzer(m): 2:11am On Apr 09, 2015
This is great and commendable.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by henryuzor(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Good day Adebayo,
I am a student member of ICAN at the professional level,i wrote CS,SFM and CR in Nov 2014 diet and passed only CS.
I am having an issue with SFM and CR as regards preparation and approach,especially now that there is a new syllabus and exam format coupled with the fact that the hard copy of the study pack is still not out
Can you kindly give me an insight from your experience as a tutor the best approach i should use for preparations and other relevant texts i can read apart from the study pack to prepare for the SFM and CR,so i can pass the exam once and for all,thanks kiss cry
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by mohioma: 6:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Please ao do I go about passing sfm. I had references such dat av lost all forms if courage
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by mohioma: 6:35am On Apr 09, 2015
henryuzor:
Good day Adebayo,
I am a student member of ICAN at the professional level,i wrote CS,SFM and CR in Nov 2014 diet and passed only CS.
I am having an issue with SFM and CR as regards preparation and approach,especially now that there is a new syllabus and exam format coupled with the fact that the hard copy of the study pack is still not out
Can you kindly give me an insight from your experience as a tutor the best approach i should use for preparations and other relevant texts i can read apart from the study pack to prepare for the SFM and CR,so i can pass the exam once and for all,thanks

I dont think this was answered
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 09, 2015
funkyjms:

I think you are wrong Sir. She's an Education student, not accounting major. With the new syllabus, she can't start from Skill. What dyu think?
and who said accounting edu students don't do same courses as d accounting major! cud u pls reconstruct dat urstatement! 'she's an Education student not accounting major' reallyundecided and please read well. he said foundation
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 09, 2015
isobayor:

Bsc(ed) Accounting will be exempted some papers in foundation with the new syllabus. Please note that its only Bsc accounting from accredited institution that can start from skill level
thankyou

so how many will I be doing at foundation level and how much should I budget for.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
pinkiepetite:
and who said accounting edu students don't do same courses as d accounting major! cud u pls reconstruct dat urstatement! 'she's an Education student not accounting major' reallyundecided

Hohoooo Ma'am, don't take it as an offence now... Even if I do, would that make ICAN allow you to start from the level where the Accounting major would start from? You took that as an offence while I see it as no big deal.

I and isobayor were contracting each other initially and there's no better way I would let him know if I don't point that to him; he has modified his post tho. You know our priority is to put you on the right track. Commoooon!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2015
funkyjms:

Hohoooo Ma'am, don't take it as an offence now... Even if I do, would that make ICAN allow you to start from the level where the Accounting major would start from? You took that as an offence while I see it as no big deal.

I and isobayor are contracting each other and there's no better way I would let him know if I don't point that to him. You know our priority is to put you on the right track. Commoooon!
not funny at all

noted! he neva said skill. he was saying the majors starts frm skill
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 7:10am On Apr 09, 2015
pinkiepetite:
not funny at all

noted! he neva said skill. he was saying the majors starts frm skill

You see... he did! He modified his post when I pointed that out. Check the post where I quoted both of you.
My apology anyway
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by endeedike(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2015
I intend to write the Nov exam but i want to know if i am exempted ..how many subjects will i write ?
how do i get the materials to read and whats the exam like? whats the benefit of ICAN?

isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICA
N stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 8:10am On Apr 09, 2015
mohioma:

I dont think this was answered

SFM is one tricky course that need a tricky method to pass. This is a course that you will need to cram more than 100 formulars and applied them....lol. During my time,wht I simply id is to write out all the formulas. and I take like 1 week to studies these. The next thing is to look out for the application that matches each formula, If you tried it this way,it will be much easier for you.

A for corporate reporting. YOu need to divide your approach into 2 ways. FIrst is financial statement analysis, then 2 I must be well grounded in accounting standards as this is our constitution. Try to practice as much questions as possible. Don't forget the`` ÒPERATION TOUCH IT ALL~` strategy. You must have a say in each topic. Always visit www.ifrs.com for the latest development in accounting standards.

BEST OF LUCK
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by bolliejay(m): 8:18am On Apr 09, 2015
isobayor:

First of all .. sorry for the illness. Its one of those distractions that comes. However,i will advice you to write this diet. From the experience, its not good to procrastinate ICAN exams because it may leads to dicourgagement

Thanks Bro.........i will do just that.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2015
pinkiepetite:
thankyou

so how many will I be doing at foundation level and how much should I budget for.

You will be exempted in the following subjects in foundation level A1. Quantitative Techniques in Business
 A3. Financial Accounting
 A5. Business Law

Budget an average of 120k
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by gtswt(f): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2015
My case is a special one... Each year I plan on taking the exams but wud always withdraw. Sometimes I feel like am not prepared enough and I am scared of failing cos I heard its tough..
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
gtswt:
My case is a special one... Each year I plan on taking the exams but wud always withdraw. Sometimes I feel like am not prepared enough and I am scared of failing cos I heard its tough..

Hello friend,

The basic things is that the program scares you. But I must tell you that the ICAN is not as difficult as people perceives it. Just summon courage and write it in a diet. Believe me you will get it right.

SEE YOU AT THE TOP!!!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2015
As the revenue from oil and gas dwindles, there will be aggressive drive for internally generated revenue. While this portends a difficult time for companies and individuals on tax related issues, its a great opportunity for non client centric consultants and some unscrupulous regulators to exploit the innocence and ignorance of Tax payers. ADEGOLU CONSULTING SERVICES a client centric firm founded on integrity and professionalism is ready to partner with you to be on right side of law by delivering with passion Quintessential Audit, Financial Advisory & Tax services.
You can contact; ADEBAYO on 08079276907, RAHMON; on 08025331404 for more details

HELLO PEOPLE.....This is our private consulting firm. Help me broadcast this. You get commission for every client introduced.

However people, this is one of the prospect of accountant. I am a lecturer, a consultant and an employee with a company at the same time.

You too can do it if you partner with us. I will give you adequate guidance you need[i][/i]

My BBM PIN 7E02C6C4
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nwogeh: 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
I wrote PE1 twice and PE2 once without attending tutorials but since after my nov last yr induction, i ve been trying 2secure a placement with a good accounting firm or company, can u be of help with any relevant info or link......
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by nanyya5000(f): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
funkyjms:

As a level 1 (100level) student, if you have the finance, I strongly recommend you start ICAN as soon as possible. It will really help you. Forget about this May diet/exam and work towards November diet.

Mind you, once you get to your third year but yet to start, it is better you wait till you graduate as it may not be wise again to start from the first stage ICAN. So the earlier the better.
thank you sir!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nwogeh:
I wrote PE1 twice and PE2 once without attending tutorials but since after my nov last yr induction, i ve been trying 2secure a placement with a good accounting firm or company, can u be of help with any relevant info or link......

Call me on 08079276907 or BBM pin 7E02C6C4. I will connect you to a network of accounting group. I will give you a BBM PIN that will help you
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
nanyya5000:
thank you sir!

@funkyjms.
You are very correct.

Also,if you start now, you will have additional qualification within the next 2 years. I.e ATSWA certificate

SEE YOU AT THE TOP!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by nanyya5000(f): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
funkyjms:

As a level 1 (100level) student, if you have the finance, I strongly recommend you start ICAN as soon as possible. It will really help you. Forget about this May diet/exam and work towards November diet.

Mind you, once you get to your third year but yet to start, it is better you wait till you graduate as it may not be wise again to start from the first stage ICAN. So the earlier the better.
pls how much is it going to cost?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
isobayor:

You will be exempted in the following subjects in foundation level A1. Quantitative Techniques in Business
 A3. Financial Accounting
 A5. Business Law

Budget an average of 120k

Sir, since we've established that Bsc (ed) would start from foundation, I feel pinkiepetite wouldn't need up to that amount (except if she intends to register for tutorial whose fee is exclusive of ICAN standard fee).
By my estimation,
Reg fee......7450
Annual subscription fee....4000
Development fee....2000
Exam fee (2papers)....22700
Total exemption fee (for 3 courses)....25900
TOTAL...62050

Or is there something I'm missing out? I will really appreciate your breakdown, special emphasis on exception fee breakdown.
Please don't take as an offence.

Attached image is the latest ICAN exam fees

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
nanyya5000:
pls how much is it going to cost?

Going by my estimation and the latest ICAN exam fees, a budget of N50000 is needed for foundation

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Adesiji77: 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)

After getting the applicable exemptions, I wrote the May (Intermediate) and November (PE 1) diets in 2006 and passed. However, I have not been able to take the exams since then. Checks on my exam status revealed that the next papers to sit for are PM, MGE, PSAF.

My concern? By next year, it would be 10 years that I first registered with ICAN. Does the 10-year limit still apply?

I have been told by some members that you have 10 years to complete ICAN from the date of first registration, otherwise, a candidate would have to start all over again.

Kindly clarify because I would love to write Nov 2015 diet and I don't want it to be an exercise in futility.

CC: isobayor, funkyjms
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by kinibigdeal(m): 12:33am On Apr 10, 2015
funkyjms:

Sir, since we've established that Bsc (ed) would start from foundation, I feel pinkiepetite wouldn't need up to that amount (except if she intends to register for tutorial whose fee is exclusive of ICAN standard fee).
By my estimation,
Reg fee......7450
Development fee....2000
TOTAL...62050

Or is there something I'm missing out? I will really appreciate your breakdown, special emphasis on exception fee breakdown.

undecided
funkyjms:

By my estimation,
Reg fee......7450
Development fee....2000
TOTAL...62050

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by landinfo: 12:43am On Apr 10, 2015
As a SKILL level student, how much does it COST to write 3 papers?...xpecting reply
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by isobayor: 7:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Nairalandinfo:
As a SKILL level student, how much does it COST to write 3 papers?...xpecting reply

#42,700 excluding subscription fee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.