Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? (17357 Views)

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play / ‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / Celebrations Throu Out Port Harcourt Over APC Victory (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by BigBen10: 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
My wish is for PDP to continue to die gradually while the likes of LP, KOWA, SDP and other smaller parties come together and form an opposition to the APC.

That way the quality of our opposition will have improved greatly. All for a better naija.

2 Likes

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by amarachi06(f): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
PDP will come back but they will come with evidence from respective states before they will win the trust of Nigerians.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by realGURU(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
It would get fierce because every party would want to become the next APC.

More jobs for literate unemployed Nigerians through employment of online shills in a bid to boost party reputation.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by laplace12(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
If Buhari performs, PDP will dwindle until it is practically nonexistent. It will then take a lot of time for a formidable opposition to be built.

Story.

It is disgruntled APC members that will strengthen pdp.

Apc definitely cannot please every member.

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by seedorfg(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
decampnism i guess grin
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Capitano1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dead till the next 4 solid years ooo

[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by laplace12(m): 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
You people should wait until Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos guber election, you will know how far.

I even see Atiku returning to pdp. He will be relegated in Apc and he won't like it.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by laplace12(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
..And mind you, it is only the masses in the North that love Buhari. The leaders don't like him. Most of them will not want to be in the same party with him.

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by omenka(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
My friends and I discussed this today. It is very essential we have a very strong opposition to keep the incumbent party in check.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
Na to join d winning team na.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

..And mind you, it is only the masses in the North that love Buhari. The leaders don't like him. Most of them will not want to be in the same party with him.
I have heard about this before...but I do not know how true it is
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by nwadiuko1(m): 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
Everything now depends on the governorship elections in the South East. If APC wins Imo, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi, then PDP is dead and buried. If PDP wins, then we have ourselves an opposition.

But with the look of things, I doubt if the igbo man is willing to gamble their federal relevance just for the sake of reviving a party that deliberately killed itself most especially after loosing a golden chance to produce a senate president and speaker house of reps. Igbos are wise, so they would align with APC and vote out PDP.

Therefore opposition politics in nigeria is dead.
from the look of things APC winning any southeast state would be a long thing......but its all good let's taste what the southwest tasted during. Jonathan's tenure hopeful it will make us politically better

2 Likes

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by creepsyme(f): 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
I strongly advice them to go back and plot new graphs instead of decamping to APC again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by wordcat(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bevista:
PDP is very poor in the art of proper politicking and mobilization. Over the last 16 years they have depended on money, intimidation, Federal Might, etc to have their way.

I hope they don't all defect to APC after the Gubernatorial elections.

The issue is that power entered into the hands of Criminals, touts, and the money miss road in 1999 because the real politicians were either sceptical or afraid that the military might not hand over power to civilians just as they've been doing before 1999.
They are not only in PDP but they are more in PDP, they believe so much that the only way to win an election is thru thuggery and rigging!
They don't believe that your good work will campaign for you.
But thank heavens that men and women of integrity have started taking back power from those money miss road, gradually we will send them back to where they belong.

The politicians i respect so much in Nigeria today remains Bola Tinubu, Tony Anenih( thou he's an Agip and I wish he will just go back to Uromi and retire from partisan politics) and Prof Osarimen Osunbor, these men have been in their respective parties since 1999 till date against all odds.

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by laplace12(m): 8:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
asha80:
I have heard about this before...but I do not know how true it is

It is the truth bro.

Since after his winning, have you heard anything from IBB, Atiku, Sanusi and the rest of power brokers in the North.

They can't imagine themselves in a party where Buhari is the president.

You will notice that Atiku withdrew from Apc campaign the moment he lost in the primaries. I know some apc supporters will come and refute this but it is the truth.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by atlwireles: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
A strong opposition will start after, the bounty of victory is shared. grin grin grin grin
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Seun360(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
jaziridon:
PDP is coming back 2019. Watch out

I naturally like opposition, I hope the PDP bounce back strongly.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Ahmeduana(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
PDP can play it well also know that some APC members who will feel cheated with defect to PDP infact I see PDP forming alliance with other parties to tackle APC before 2019
THE QUESTION IS CAN PDP GO VIOLENT THE WAY OF THE APC? Left for me apc did not win this election on the stren of merit. WHAT I WOULD LOVE PDP TO DO IS TO MAKE SURE THEY WIN ALL THE SOUTH-SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST STATES AND MAKE SURE THEY JEALOUSLY GUARD THOSE STATES, AFTER THAT THEY SHOULD SYSTEMATICALY CREATE THEIR OWN TYPE OR VERSION OF BOKO HARAM, AFTER ALL a child that denies the mother the chance to rest, the child also will not rest. THE PAINFUL THING IS THAT NIGERIANS WILL BE THE ONES TO SURFER IT.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by miqos02(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
yokiti:

The Oyinlola's, Segun Oni's et. al. were former PDP members but as it stands now, they are all in the APC today. What are we going to call their drive?
the people mentioned here all left PDP while it was in power at the centre

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Deiok(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wadraj:
It is obvious we play regional politics in the country so PDP will still remain a force to reckon with as they would likely retain states in the SE and SS.

But like i say always they need to re-brand and change that name - PDP, cos pple are allergic to hearing it.
They can change to POP, PLC or PMS grin
Loll.. The PMS got me laughing out loud.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by driand(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

very true but as long as he pleases the masses it their votes buhari needs nor that of the elite who won't step out of their houses for fear of the unknown.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by miqos02(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
opposition is dead in Nigeria for now, PDP will become a south east regional party

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by laplace12(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
driand:
very true but as long as he pleases the masses it their votes buhari needs nor that of the elite who won't step out of their houses for fear of the unknown.

Every of the elites have loyalists. The moment they decamp, their loyalists will follow suite... and that will breed formidable opposition.

I guess that answers the question of whether there will be opposition.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by miqos02(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
BigBen10:
My wish is for PDP to continue to die gradually while the likes of LP, KOWA, SDP and other smaller parties come together and form an opposition to the APC.

That way the quality of our opposition will have improved greatly. All for a better naija.
labour party is an arm of PDP, like APGA.
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kids running naked on nairaland. So, the fact that the Presidency has gone to the APC means there is no opposition anymore ? I think we need candy for these kids.

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by iGeneral: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Am waiting to see how the SE with Arthur Eze, Orji Kalu, Chris Uba etc will play opposition politics. APC should place two years embargo on receiving defectors. And those to come after then must have character, integrity as qualities. Not the Andy Ubahs, the Buruji Kashamus or the Obanikoros

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by expertfingers(m): 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wadraj:
It is obvious we play regional politics in the country so PDP will still remain a force to reckon with as they would likely retain states in the SE and SS.

But like i say always they need to re-brand and change that name - PDP, cos pple are allergic to hearing it.
They can change to POP, PLC or PMS grin

Or OPC smiley
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by asdfjklhaha(f): 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
nwadiuko1:
from the look of things APC winning any southeast state would be a long thing......but its all good let's taste what the southwest tasted during. Jonathan's tenure hopeful it will make us politically better
Politically stronger how? When we were with PDP the then ruling party our roads were bad, go to the east and see things for yourself. If we become an opposition, we're dead and buried. That's the fact.

Lagos survived 3 years withheld allocation during OBJ's tenure cos they were see an opposition. All the 5 eastern states were all in PDP during OBJ's tenure therefore enjoyed federal allocation, yet the east is still seen as one of the most undeveloped region in Nigeria.

Joining the opposition would spell doom for us.

2 Likes

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Raiders: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Pdp is a dying party. I don't see them making a come back. They don't have a charismatic leader like Tinubu that will help the party make a comeback. All the big shots like OBJ, Atiku and many previous governors in the party has left because of GEJ greed to remain in power at all cost even when he promise only one term. GEJ is responsible for pdp downfall and history will not judge him well . GEJ cant remain the leader of PDP because he is not really popular and charismatic like Tinubu. The first step PDP should do is to boot GEJ out of the party leadership and send him to early retirement. They are also going to lose more states in governorship election. It will only be a miracle if survive till 2019 because they no longer have access to Federal government money and protection. I hope Nigeria don't become a one party state tho

1 Like

Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by Deprime007: 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
It all depends on the president. Lets wait and see wat happens
Re: With Apc's Victory; What Will Be The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria? by yokiti: 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
miqos02:
the people mentioned here all left PDP while it was in power at the centre
Yes, they left when PDP still has the power at the centre but not before they were denied of their positon in the national executive council.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moghalu Shuts Down Trade Fair Complex On A Short Notice Visit. / Senator Akpabio's Armed Thugs Abducted Us For 10 Hours - INEC Officers / APC Denies Zoning Presidency To The South, National Chairman To North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.