Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC (47687 Views)

Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum / Two Ministers That Can Save Nigeria. / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria – BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by tsdarkside(m): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2015
STPEACE:
I board bike, I tell the Hausa guy.
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba".
He say make I no bother pay.
After I go Mai suya, I ordered for suya. I
tell am "Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba"...
He say make I leave money. I was very
happy.
After the Hausa guy polished my shoes.
I said Sai Buhari.. He replied by gnashing
his teeth... Sai Baba.
He said : ma aboki leave money... I smiled
Then I go Mai Shai. I tell am same thing he
say "Confidence leave money"....
WhaooO!!!
Seems it's working........I am getting things
free just by saying Sai Baba or Sai Buhari
I can't wait to go to this my Hausa car
dealer in Benin tomorrow and do the
same thing to get a free Jeep or maybe
toyota Venza from him too.
Even this hausa girls for my street are mine now

you are funny... grin grin grin grin
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 04, 2015
lol
Oceemo:
Y all d hype about this phone call. I even listen 2 it both of them were even confuse what 2 say next especially GEJ
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Keegan: 1:59am On Apr 04, 2015
babasanti:
Hope when Apc loses in rivers,lagos and nassarawa on saturday they won't be insults from judas thief amaechi, tinubu and others.

Keep on dreaming! Don't dare try nonsense in Lagos.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
GEJ is still my president!

Of course he's still all of our President, unfortunately, until the swearing in of General Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by danla44(m): 2:26am On Apr 04, 2015
Abeg tell the clueless to carry go..... Nigerian are tired of him...

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by cupidFlint(m): 2:34am On Apr 04, 2015
Ralphlauren:
This proves that GEJ is no hero.

He was persuaded to make the call by the peace committee headed by abdusalami abubakar.

They must have read the riot act to him and reminded him of what happened to gbagbo grin grin
They must have reminded him that the sycophants around him won't save him at the ICC hence the reason why he didn't consult any of them grin
Mumu read the last paragraph well before judging. Cynic!!!
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by gists: 2:46am On Apr 04, 2015
DesChyko:
It is only bad belle that can make some 'sadists' still doubt the 'hero' status of GEJ.
With something as simple as a phone call, lives that series of 'bomber jets' couldn't protect has been saved.
Intelligence over brute, I tell you.
Ph. D no be beans.
Bros, did you not read where the writer said it was former president Abdulsalam who sounded the note of reality check to GEJ.
Here is the section of the article just in case you missed it.
And I have since discovered that members of the National Peace Committee, which is headed by former President Abdulsalami Abubakar, visited President Jonathan as the results were being announced.
I understand they were the ones who persuaded the president to do something to avoid any trouble, and shortly after the visit he made the call.

As if I knew, this must have been what happened and I mentioned in on a recent post. GEJ is not a hero, he is just not as clueless as we think grin

gists:

Also, much as I appreciate the fact that he conceded defeat, I am not going to congratulate him because as far as I am concerned, he had no choice. He alienated himself from the people that can truly back him if he wanted to contest the inec result. He was part of the team that saw Gbagbo off, so he knew what awaits him. He knew he doesn't have any kind of support from the army if the chips are down. So it was a pretty simple and straight forward choice for him to make. [size=14pt]And I am tempted to say Abdulsallam must have told him these facts and also make him realise that people are likely to forget all the evils he did if he just behave himself and concede defeat (just like we forgot all the money Abdulsallam himself chopped). But I will give it to him for seeing the hand writing on the wall and not trying anything fo0lish. Whatever award int'l community want to give him is ok sha.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
wonder how many igbos lifes and properties that would have been perished if not for that single call,

buhari u now hav yam and knife at ur disposal, any how u want it so shall it b

since u gained popularity and votes by discrediting GEJ's government by bomb blast

only God knows if u won't legalize bombing in naija
Trust me GEJ saw that coming. Northern folks would have simply gone on rampage. Their aggression scares me. Can you imagine people even died while celebrating. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by onatisi(m): 3:16am On Apr 04, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
I believe the call took both PDP and APC by surprise. It was a good move by the President and I commend him for that.

Perhaps he was ambushed by higher powers to concede defeat, or else...

I think he unilaterally took the decision , if he had called his advisers for consultation I don't think they would have advised him to make that call. It is better this way , the nation moving forward is the major objective,any objection by pdp would have divided nigeria and caused chaos . We must commend GEJ for this act of patriotism above selfish political interests. He will be remembered as the president that gave nigeria opposition parties a chance to flourish and thrive .

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by totorimi: 4:00am On Apr 04, 2015
THEY WILL NEVER KNOW, THEY CAN NEVER SEE. BUHARI NEVER ACCEPTED THE ELECTION VERDICT IN THE LAST THREE ATTEMPTS AT THE PRESIDENCY.

NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY TRY TO TAKE AWAY THE HEROIC ACT BY GEJ
THOSE WHP LNOW WILL FPREVER BE GRATEFUL TO HIM FOR NOT ALLOWING HIS AMBITION TO DRAW THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT.

AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LIVED BY THE SWORD ALL THESE YEARS FOR POWDER LET THEM BE AWARE THAT THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD SHALL GP BY THE SWPRD.

2 Likes

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Liebnitz(m): 4:07am On Apr 04, 2015
CR77:
Oga jona na man way sabi, Man with good heart

I dey love am more and more

God bless GEJ

God bless the new nigeria
You lied jare!
what was he doing dancing at a rally bearly 24hrs after Nyanya bomb blast?
infact, he absolutely had no option but concede defeat...if not the ICC would have apprehended him.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by micrep3030(m): 4:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Gej my here
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by HirstMOG(m): 5:20am On Apr 04, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
I believe the call took both PDP and APC by surprise. It was a good move by the President and I commend him for that.

If you are commending GEJ's bravery, just do it without adding any other thing, OBJ,IBB,Atiku even GMB can't do what GEJ did at will. So,sai GEJ!!

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by fred19(m): 5:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Ralphlauren:
This proves that GEJ is no hero.

He was persuaded to make the call by the peace committee headed by abdusalami abubakar.

They must have read the riot act to him and reminded him of what happened to gbagbo grin grin
They must have reminded him that the sycophants around him won't save him at the ICC hence the reason why he didn't consult any of them grin

u re more dan a fool,

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 04, 2015
Jonathan really had no choice.

The eyes of the world were on him.

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by kclex: 6:17am On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ marked his name with gold pen with jos dis single action.
dey say change hs cum. bu I wil wait nd access if dis change is positive or negative.
any way

Browse at cheaper rate on ur android with MTN.
Purchase 1000Megabytes(1G)at jos N1200
Payment culd b made in cash/transfer or by sending d pin of a valid recharge card.
Contact no..08064648497 or 08144021414

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by tushburg(m): 6:20am On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ is now the father of modern Democracy

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 04, 2015
New Beginning!
I was left in tears when i read Presidents
Goodlucks
congratulatory message to Gen. Buhari
I was not crying because i felt like crying, i was not
crying cause i supported him and he lost, but i cried
cause his words arrested my emotions.
He wished his opponent a good administration
ahead, he congratulated him and accepted defeat.
I could remember by this time in 2011, Buhari never
accepted that he lost, he promised Jonathan that
he will
make his administration ungovernable for him and
he later fulfilled his promise. His supporters took to
the streets and slaughtered innocent Nigerians but
he never stopped the killings.
But today, he has won that same man that defeated
him in 2011 but got a congratulatory message
instead of threats. He has wished him success and
not promising him an ungovernable tenure.
Few weeks to the election, the people we call our
leaders were busy sending threats to themselves
and
leaving the poor masses gripped with fear. Some
people left the country with fear of the aftermath of
the election. But today you'v restored peace by
accepting defeat peacefuly.
Oh! Jonathan, you've shown us that you'r a good
man. You'v shown African leaders the true definition
of democracy. You wished not to influence the
elections with your powers, you wished not to
cancel
the election when you can do it and nothing will
happen.
Posterity will never forget you where ever you go. I
am still your fan for life. You'r a good and
gentleman
but sorrounded by ingrates and fools that care for
their pockets alone.
Oh Jona! You lost the election but won my heart....send it to all ur friends who believe in GEJ
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 04, 2015
I still wonder why people say he's clueless, but he's actually a wise man

2 Likes

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by deletrue: 6:35am On Apr 04, 2015
saintopus:
This is the symbol of a right thinking President. I just wonder in four years time if the reverse happen, the incubent can make a similar call to concede and congratulate the winner.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Goodluck Jonathan.
he is such a nice man.

2 Likes

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 04, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

No body ambushed him. Don't underestimate power. A man in power can cause so much trouble when taken for granted especially if he is the troublesome type. Nigeria should be happy that GEJ is not power freak like people have believed.
The way I see, I feel the man was pressed into contesting. The guy don't tire for the thing. Too many bad eggs stopping him from working may have discourage him.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by okechukwu3: 6:47am On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ, God will continue to bless you, You are a Hero
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by ckc(m): 6:52am On Apr 04, 2015
Nonsense!!! So it takes only one particular region to rule for peace to reign in Nigeria?
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Btruth: 6:54am On Apr 04, 2015
For years we've called him "clueless President"...but Alas! God knows why He has put President Jonathan there to save this country at an appropriate time. President Jonathan, I'm sorry if I had insulted you in the past. You are indeed a God chosen man. Thank you for saving Nigeria at this time. Though, the APC won the Presidential election, but you are truly the "CHAMPION". God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by ukandi1(m): 7:13am On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
wonder how many igbos lifes and properties that would have been perished if not for that single call,

since u gained popularity and votes by discrediting GEJ's government by bomb blast

only God knows if u won't legalize bombing in naija

Do u know how many northerners were going to be killed down south at d death of one southerner in d north? Everyone was battle ready whether legally or illegally. Who told u that southerners are not hungry for blood? Its wrong to think that a particular tribe or people can be monopoly of violence.

Anyway, i agree with u
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Reference(m): 7:14am On Apr 04, 2015
djfox:
We've seen pics, listened to the audio, read the transcripts and now apparently there's an analysis huh undecided

I tell you. Hunger is bad. So that when you see a burger you just can't have enough. When you have a good man in the midst of so much evil they will keep talking and talking. How many of them can do such. Very few. Even the much acclaimed Fashola raved and rantf when his chosen successor couldn't make muster at Bourdillon. If it was his chance, his choice and he had the armed forces at his disposal will Ambode be contesting?

I don't like doing people but Jonathan has set the bar. I hope it becomes the norm.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by kclex: 7:14am On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ Wrote his name in gold with jos dis single act.

Browse at cheaper rate on ur android with MTN.
Purchase 1000Megabytes(1G)at jos N1200
Payment culd b made in cash/transfer or by sending d pin of a valid recharge card.
Contact no..08064648497 or 08144021414
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ remain my president till God call for His life.......

GEJ has given me more hope to live and serve my God better.....

GEJ has given me more life to live and enjoy abundantly.........

Nah where I for run go if to say nah buhari fail?

Nah where wey me and my future wife for run go if to say GEJ contacted one of His cabinet b4 He thought of to call GMB??

GOD thank You for given us GOODLUCK in my TIME****
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Texcoco(m): 7:24am On Apr 04, 2015
The religious cleansing and wanton bloodshed occuring in C.A.R is a result of power tussle btw two contenders from different religions and armed groups.........The ethnic cleansing,maas graves,child soldiering and steady destruction of a young oil rich republic South Sudan is a call to observe the activities of rival armed groups loyal to Salva kir and his estranged deputy struggling for supremacy even close to home is the division and almost Civil War of Ivory Coast with Abidjan and Yamasoukkro both capitals of each division loyal to Gbagbo and Quattara both also contenders in their election....Nigeria currently sits on material far much beyond inflammable than those already burning countries.Take a look^^^ amongst those bloody consequences of "sit tight' leaders,see the common denominator we have with those unfortunate peoples and their dead then Thank GOD for Nigeria and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by lankie001(m): 7:29am On Apr 04, 2015
Beta dey follow ham go otuoke.....make hin go dey rule u nd ur family for dere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Election : Jonathan Refused To Listen To Us – Asari Dokubo / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.