Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC (47688 Views)

Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum / Two Ministers That Can Save Nigeria. / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria – BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by loomer: 7:34am On Apr 04, 2015
elantraceey:
Oh please, that call have been hyped long enough.

Mayb like say nigeria still de burn, then u for know Weda it is overrated or not.

Nigerians, nothing on earth fit please una
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by highmood(m): 7:41am On Apr 04, 2015
Oceemo:
Y all d hype about this phone call. I even listen 2 it both of them were even confuse what 2 say next especially GEJ
Guy that phone call need to be hyped honestly. Please go to a quiet corner and think, imagine Sudan, look at Libya, look at Syria, put yourself in the position of those in borno and its environs then tell me if it shouldn't be hyped. Those who haven't heard bomb blast and destruction close to them may never value the small amount of peace they are enjoying. Like a quote, Freedom is never appreciated until when lost. Go and thank God, nobody knows who a gun shot or a grenade will send to his or her early grave.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Wadraj:
That call is getting too overrated! It would have been heroic if there was no peace accord whatsoever

Btwn Was that the first time such thing would happen in Africa
Just being curious!
yes bros.......its the first......that why its historic bros!

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by jmethelblog(m): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Buhari is not my president just wait and you will see the result soon isreal will go
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
wonder how many igbos lifes and properties that would have been perished if not for that single call,

buhari u now hav yam and knife at ur disposal, any how u want it so shall it b

since u gained popularity and votes by discrediting GEJ's government by bomb blast

only God knows if u won't legalize bombing in naija

The stupidity of some people on this thread never ceases to amaze me...how this hve affected Igbo lives and property? Does a drunkard like you think we would have fought for this clueless idi0t Are you that stupidd!!!!
You truly are a fool...coward hiding behind it Igbo tribe!!! Why not come out and openly say you support and believe in GEJ!
Uneducated m0r0n...GEJ is and will never be Igbo nor are his people Igbo!!!!!
Go and do something with your life and stop giving us a bad name, useless f00l
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2015
Wadraj:
That call is getting too overrated! It would have been heroic if there was no peace accord whatsoever

Just being curious!

I disagree with you, I'm not a big fan of GEJ but I think he saved Nigeria from plunging into chaos, the troubles in Kenya would have been a fraction of what the whole country would have been going through at the moment.

Little mighty acts like this are often taken for granted. Whether he was coerced, threatened or pleaded with to make that call, I would still applaud him.

He did the right thing. Enough blood and lives have been wasted.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by MoneyGreen(m): 8:05am On Apr 04, 2015
omenka:
Lmao.

I'm more interested in those guys on that bike than the story.

What the hell are they doing?? cheesycheesy

Na wa oo. Even people wey win lotto nor dey happy like dat. cheesyshockedshockedshocked
Oh boy dat guy on white, the kind landing wey him go land enh, him go wish say him no follow do that stunt.. Injury too sure there.. Nice pics thou lol.. grin
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by adeA1(m): 8:21am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
GEJ is still my president!
but he has just packed out of Aso villa sha. U had beta wake up
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2015
adeA1:
but he has just packed out of Aso villa sha. U had beta wake up
Where do u get ur news from?
Dream on,while ur night last.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Brightology2(m): 8:25am On Apr 04, 2015
Yes ooo.he is my president.i love him so much.i stood on d queue 4rm mori till 8pm b4 i casted my vote 4 him n am so happy i did it.if given d chance again i will still vote him.
EverestdeBliu:

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2015
loomer:

Mayb like say nigeria still de burn, then u for know Weda it is overrated or not.

Nigerians, nothing on earth fit please una
I dey tell u
So annoying how somepeople underrate that call

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Brightology2:
Yes ooo.he is my president.i love him so much.i stood on d queue 4rm mori till 8pm b4 i casted my vote 4 him n am so happy i did it.if given d chance again i will still vote him.
U're a hero bro.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by 9jamustchange: 8:27am On Apr 04, 2015
I suspect there is malicious intention to make the phone call a big deal. There is really nothing heroic about it. Any fool can easily spark off national crises.The concession of power didn't come with heroic gentility. The several manoeuvres to rig the elections just couldn't beat the overwhelming choice of the masses. The heroes are Nigerians and Jega himself, not someone we need to hold accountable for making our country a historic laughing stock.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by ogmask: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
wonder how many igbos lifes and properties that would have been perished if not for that single call,

buhari u now hav yam and knife at ur disposal, any how u want it so shall it b

since u gained popularity and votes by discrediting GEJ's government by bomb blast

i think you are still leaving in dreamland. Nigeria is moving forward. Pls take ur position in the train of change. This kind of hate campaign u posted has gone stale.
Like him or hate him GMB is ur president come #may29th.

only God knows if u won't legalize bombing in naija
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 04, 2015
STPEACE:
I board bike, I tell the Hausa guy.
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba".
He say make I no bother pay.
After I go Mai suya, I ordered for suya. I
tell am "Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba"...
He say make I leave money. I was very
happy.
After the Hausa guy polished my shoes.
I said Sai Buhari.. He replied by gnashing
his teeth... Sai Baba.
He said : ma aboki leave money... I smiled
Then I go Mai Shai. I tell am same thing he
say "Confidence leave money"....
WhaooO!!!
Seems it's working........I am getting things
free just by saying Sai Baba or Sai Buhari
I can't wait to go to this my Hausa car
dealer in Benin tomorrow and do the
same thing to get a free Jeep or maybe
toyota Venza from him too.
Even this hausa girls for my street are mine now

When God go catch you, OYO will be ur case.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 04, 2015
some nairalanders be writing long,gilberish,vulgar,posts since 2BC....i guess some havent head the word 'brevity'
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Etetejake(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2015
No one, I said no one persuaded the president to admit defeat. b4 even campaign, he said he was not desperate for power and that his ambition is not worth the blood of any citizen. This man no het talk but to discredit a man of honour.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2015
elantraceey:
Oh please, that call have been hyped long enough.
if only you have a trifle imagination of what the melting-pot of the marriage called Nigeria would have turned out to be had that hyped call not made and defeat conceded, you certainly won't be sitting behind your keypad unguildedly typing the call "has been over-hyped long enough". You probably already saw Orubebe, an elder stateman stowing electoral process on national TV without a tad care for his name. The analysis in the OP's post by an expert opinion is only a euphemised papered-analysis of what would have happened.

The blood-letting currently going on in Rivers State is little more than a dot in the maze of what the entire Nigeria would have grappled with had Jonathan not conceded defeat before consultation. There are folks down here in Niger Delta who are snarky with the president for conceding defeat without putting up a good and hard fight. Had he not so done, a great many would have taken up arms, hit the street(not just the creek) and the long-predicted war would have begone. Let me help you to see with your mind's eye what the sort of life you and I would have led had that supposed hyped call not made. Life for you, for me, for all Nigerians would have been nastic, brutish, primitive and short. Something of an hobbesian state. This time not just a news of insurgence happening somewhere in a distant north where we type, arm-chaired at home, 'RIP to the dead' in the comment box and it slips from our memory grip; this time it will be brought to your, my doorstep like the ware of a hawker.

Even now, after the 'hyped call' had been made and defeat conceded, some folks down here and online, are sussing out that it was stark inane to have let sleeping dog lie and are now angling for a revenge of what they felt was the north surreptitious blueprint to make the country ungovernable for their brother with the intention of making him appear clueless in the bargain and consequently voted out. Just pray this heated bout of emotion get squelched otherwise we just might need myriad of those hyped calls to do an 'abeg-drop-your-gun' job in the last resort.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by loomer: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
I dey tell u
So annoying how somepeople underrate that call

na because most people brain don de processed to think only in one direction.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2015
jcmaiah:

No body ambushed him. Don't underestimate power. A man in power can cause so much trouble when taken for granted especially if he is the troublesome type. Nigeria should be happy that GEJ is not power freak like people have believed.
The way I see, I feel the man was pressed into contesting. The guy don't tire for the thing. Too many bad eggs stopping him from working may have discourage him.

Though the President's prompt concession of defeat is noble, the decision still exposed a lack of intensity in what he believes in.

I believe the President caved in to pressure, a character flaw that truly defines GEJ's weak Presidency!
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by lolamylove(m): 9:03am On Apr 04, 2015
Why arr we all saying the call has been hyped, why is it that in this part of the world we dont like recognising the truth or good things. We may call him dumb, weak, foolish or whatever we like but this guy has proved to the world beyond any doubt that he is one of the wisest presidents if not the wisest that Nigeria has ever produced.
We've had people who couldn't this instead they gave us people of their choices but GEJ against all odds did it. No one cajouled or forced him but he willingly did it, forget the peace accord.
For me, He is the hero of Democracy as far as i am concerned. May be Nigeria would have been another sudan or DRC, God forbid but thank God he took that bold step to relinquish power.
As we thank God for preserving peace in this great nation of ours, let also thank God for using GEJ & thank GEJ for allowing himself to be used by God for preserving lives.
Lets not take his action lightly cause i could remember how the whole atmosphere was filled with tension during the campaign period.
I am not a PDP candidate but i praise good things or acts when i see one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by adeA1(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

Where do u get ur news from?
Dream on,while ur night last.
so U neva knew?
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 04, 2015
Oceemo:

Y all d hype about this phone call. I even listen 2 it both of them were even confuse what 2 say next especially GEJ

They were not confused rather, the tension was high given their recent tug of war!

Appreciate good things when they come!

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by ikkkkk: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Wadraj:

Just being curious!

U talk foul a lot just to discredit a good deed. With or without Peace accord, GEJ would have called GMB.
Or haven't u seen people back out of agreements in the past?
What makes it very symbolic is that GMB will never call GEJ to congratulate him if he had lost this election (with or without peace accord)
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by DesChyko: 9:40am On Apr 04, 2015
gists:

Bros, did you not read where the writer said it was former president Abdulsalam who sounded the note of reality check to GEJ.

Anyhow you look at it, there is something even God has no direct control over in every man.
That is called 'CHOICE'.
Everyday, with each CHOICE we make, we write the pages of our destiny. He was given an advice (as we were told, not aware of) like every other person; he made his choice like every other person and you want to stand between him and his fame?
Bros, Karma is a b*tch. You don't want a visit, trust me.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by gulfer: 9:47am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
After May 29, he will be the president in that country called Otuoke.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by kd105: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2015
STPEACE:
I board bike, I tell the Hausa guy.
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba".
He say make I no bother pay.
After I go Mai suya, I ordered for suya. I
tell am "Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba"...
He say make I leave money. I was very
happy.
After the Hausa guy polished my shoes.
I said Sai Buhari.. He replied by gnashing
his teeth... Sai Baba.
He said : ma aboki leave money... I smiled
Then I go Mai Shai. I tell am same thing he
say "Confidence leave money"....
WhaooO!!!
Seems it's working........I am getting things
free just by saying Sai Baba or Sai Buhari
I can't wait to go to this my Hausa car
dealer in Benin tomorrow and do the
same thing to get a free Jeep or maybe
toyota Venza from him too.
Even this hausa girls for my street are mine now
you board a bike of a guy from Niger,girl from Chad, shoe shiners is from Garoua Northern Cameroon. your car dealer is from Mali They are not Nigerian Citizens .This are the reason why the internal colonizers will
Will sacrifice anything to make sure that National ID CardCard project remains a mirage. May God help Nigeria
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by PStacks(m): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

Die Hard.. Lick your wounds brother..

Its "Sai Buhari" time.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Ausra(f): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2015
Today is my birthday and I just turned 24hrs
And it's not by my power but by the grace of the Almighty today I'm very happy and for that I want to thank the Almighty for my live and show my appreciation by sending free data to all my fellow nairalanders at least you can make free calls and browse with it and may the Almighty bless the owner of this site and also bless Nigerians I like Nigerians and I'm happy to live among the Nigerian people

You can reach me on whatsapp and wish me happy birthday and I will send you a free data

Everyone is welcome
Love ya'll
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by musicwriter(m): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2015
Indeed that singular act of Jonathan calling to congratulate Buhari is the reason for peace in Nigeria at the moment. That call have saved lives!.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by didactic70: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2015
I wonder if buhari if it were him.He has always been a crying aby never accepting defeat in good faith.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by didactic70: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2015
I wonder if buhari would have done the sane if it were him.He has always been a crying aby never accepting defeat in good faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Abaribe Accused Buhari Of Incompetence Over Muammar Gaddafi - Herdsmen / I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement / Benue Lawmakers Climb Fence To Stop Impeachment Plot Against Ortom (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.