Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC (47691 Views)

Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum / Two Ministers That Can Save Nigeria. / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria – BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by elantraceey(f): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Epaul:
if only you have a trifle imagination of what the melting-pot of the marriage called Nigeria would have turned out to be had that hyped call not made and defeat conceded, you certainly won't be sitting behind your keypad unguildedly typing the call "has been over-hyped long enough". You probably already saw Orubebe, an elder stateman stowing electoral process on national TV without a tad care for his name. The analysis in the OP's post by an expert opinion is only a euphemised papered-analysis of what would have happened.

The blood-letting currently going on in Rivers State is little more than a dot in the maze of what the entire Nigeria would have grappled with had Jonathan not conceded defeat before consultation. There are folks down here in Niger Delta who are snarky with the president for conceding defeat without putting up a good and hard fight. Had he not so done, a great many would have taken up arms, hit the street(not just the creek) and the long-predicted war would have begone. Let me help you to see with your mind's eye what the sort of life you and I would have led had that supposed hyped call not made. Life for you, for me, for all Nigerians would have been nastic, brutish, primitive and short. Something of an hobbesian state. This time not just a news of insurgence happening somewhere in a distant north where we type, arm-chaired at home, 'RIP to the dead' in the comment box and it slips from our memory grip; this time it will be brought to your, my doorstep like the ware of a hawker.

Even now, after the 'hyped call' had been made and defeat conceded, some folks down here and online, are sussing out that it was stark inane to have let sleeping dog lie and are now angling for a revenge of what they felt was the north surreptitious blueprint to make the country ungovernable for their brother with the intention of making him appear clueless in the bargain and consequently voted out. Just pray this heated bout of emotion get squelched otherwise we just might need myriad of those hyped calls to do an 'abeg-drop-your-gun' job in the last resort.

I get your point , he did something big but it has been over flogged already .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by olabukola: 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Wadraj:

Btwn Was that the first time such thing would happen in Africa
Just being curious!
The article did not say save Africa but Nigeria.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Boyooosa(m): 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
STPEACE:
I board bike, I tell the Hausa guy.
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba".
He say make I no bother pay.
After I go Mai suya, I ordered for suya. I
tell am "Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba"...
He say make I leave money. I was very
happy.
After the Hausa guy polished my shoes.
I said Sai Buhari.. He replied by gnashing
his teeth... Sai Baba.
He said : ma aboki leave money... I smiled
Then I go Mai Shai. I tell am same thing he
say "Confidence leave money"....
WhaooO!!!
Seems it's working........I am getting things
free just by saying Sai Baba or Sai Buhari
I can't wait to go to this my Hausa car
dealer in Benin tomorrow and do the
same thing to get a free Jeep or maybe
toyota Venza from him too.
Even this hausa girls for my street are mine now
Badt boi, av u tried the fulanis, may be u can earn a cow but make sure u approached the ones without sword o... be guided!
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
elantraceey:

I get your point , he did something big but it has been over flogged already
if what he did was so big a thing, then it deserved to be flogged, trumpeted and town-cried time and time again through the streets of Nigeria down to the annal of Nigerian political history for the interesting read of generation yet unborn for a better tomorrow. Don't you think?

Elantraceey, I helped correct the embolden. Guess, it was an over-sight. I know you are more lettered than that. Just correct it in the original post ok.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by hidee20(m): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
saintopus:
This is the symbol of a right thinking President. I just wonder in four years time if the reverse happen, the incubent can make a similar call to concede and congratulate the winner.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Goodluck Jonathan.

IT IS A MUST.....THE TREND HAS BEEN SET.
Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by elantraceey(f): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Epaul:
if what he did was so big a thing, then it deserved to be flogged, trumpeted and town-cried time and time again through the streets of Nigeria down to the annal of Nigerian political history for the interesting read of generation yet unborn. Don't you think?

Elantraceey, I helped correct the embolden. Guess, it was an over-sight. I know you are more lettered than that. Just correct it in the original post ok.

To what end? The deed has already being done and has left a mark in history, it has being celebrated by everyone that loves peace both here and abroad so why continue to stress it? To me it reveals that we live in a country where people words are more celebrated than their works .

Thanks much , I already corrected it when I saw the share , don't know why I still made the mistake a second time.

1 Like

Re: The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
elantraceey:

To what end? The deed has already being done and has left a mark in history, it has being celebrated by everyone that loves peace both here and abroad so why continue to stress it?
To imprint it in the hearts of those who are too stoned-hearted to accept the fact. If you've followed today's news closely, you probably would have stumbled on the write-ups of some persons who were and are still refuting the veracity(the worth rather) of Jonathan's heroic deed. The twitter statement of Oby, former minister of education comes to mind. Hence, the attendant flogging. In addition, most folks fully appreciate heroic deed only until it has been trumpeted to trite tedium. That explains why folk-tales about heroic deed, in the native Nigeria nations, were sang, storied and 'monumented'.
elantraceey:

To me it reveals that we live in a country where people words are more celebrated than their works.
i don't quite think that's what it portrays. What Jonathan did was more of a deed(work if you like) than word - calling his opponent and accepting defeat. If what he did was a deed as opposed to mere word, then it means by flooging it we (in your choiced words) 'live in a country where people celebrate work rather than words?" and that is true of the Nigeria people. If that is not so, Akpabio of cross Rivers won't have had a walk into the hall of fame for his good works in his state.

elantraceey:
Thanks much , I already corrected it when I saw the share , don't know why I still made the mistake a second time.
you are welcome. let's say it's chiefly a devil-printer error.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / Senator Abaribe Accused Buhari Of Incompetence Over Muammar Gaddafi - Herdsmen / Buhari To Make Nationwide Broadcast Tonight At 7pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.