Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,719 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! (86524 Views)

Etche Of River State Are Not Igbo--igbo Are Landgrabbers / Yoruba And Igbo Are Virtually The Same Language - Just Different Pronunciations / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheBlue5:

According to some website the Igbo takes up the majority of the tribe of Gad, while the rest are like Ephraim, Issacher, etc. Don't blame me. Blame your people. They're the one who started the hebrew-Igbo theory, I just went and researched it.

Now I'm curious about your ethnicity.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Radoillo:

Now I'm curious about your ethnicity.

I'm Ethopian
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
ezeagu:

It's white supremacist fault.

Umm lol? Why would white supremacist say that blacks are the chosen people? Wouldn't white supremacist want to make everyone believe that whites are the chosen race? Cause you know chosen means 'superior'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheBlue5:

I'm Ethopian

Oh, okay, so we're telling you as people who have a relatively firm grasp on Igbo history and culture that this theory is nonsense. Igbo people migrated, like the rest of West Africans, from populations around the great lakes region. They are ancient and much older than Israel or Judea.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheBlue5:

Umm lol? Why would white supremacist say that blacks are the chosen people? Wouldn't white supremacist what to make everyone believe that whites are the chosen race? Cause you know chosen means 'superior'.

You mean, why would white supremacy say that a people were 'caucasoid' and fair skinned in the middle east, until they migrated to West Africa after being cursed by the most high where they became backward heathens revelling in gods curses until the British came and revealed their 'origin' which they didn't have the competency to find out on their own?

Why would they say that?

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
ezeagu:

Oh, okay, so we're telling you as people who have a relatively firm grasp on Igbo history and culture that this theory is nonsense. Igbo people migrated, like the rest of West Africans, from populations around the great lakes region. They are ancient and much older than Israel or Judea.

All I'm sayings is that it would make sense cause every time the Israelites got in trouble they would flee to Africa, so why not? Even Jesus Fled to Africa as a child. So their must be some lost Israel tribes in Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheBlue5:

All I'm sayings is that it would make sense cause every time the Israelites got in trouble they would flee to Africa, so why not? Even Jesus Fled to Africa as a child. So their must be some lost Israel tribes in Africa

Maybe, but the Igbo aren't one of them. Their traditions pre-date Israel and Judea, and may even indirectly be the origin of Israelite customs, who knows.

But Igbo people aren't "Jews".
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
By the way this is supposed to be the throne of 'Gad'.

Did the Israelites also bring cement technology to Igboland?

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 12:01am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

You mean, why would white supremacy say that a people were 'caucasoid' and fair skinned in the middle east, until they migrated to West Africa after being cursed by the most high where they became backward heathens revelling in gods curses until the British came and revealed their 'origin' which they didn't have the competency to find out on their own?

Why would they say that?

That's weried the Israelites migrated to Africa? Throughtout the bible it showed the israelites came from Africa then to the promised land? Cursed? What curse? You mean the curse of ham? No where in the bible did it say that ham was cursed with black skin or any skin color for that matter. Besides if Ham was black they would have to accept that Moses was black, because the sons of ham were the Egyptians, and if ham was black that would mean that the Egyptains were black and the only way Moses can disguise himself as an Egyptain is if he was black also So, the Ham-theory is messed up and already have a bunch of holes It's funny thought, the bible says that white skin & blonde hair was the curse. It was the curse of leprosy according to the book of Leviticus
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 12:04am On Apr 07, 2015
The entire fraud theory has been marketed by the king of Aguleri to legitimise some kind of title that say he's supposedly the 'King of the Igbos', a title that's never existed. The Eri and Nri children are constantly competing in everything, including the right to be recognised as a false paramount ruler of Igboland. They've even had communal clashes in recent times resulting in hundreds dead in the 90s.

No one else in Igboland are as excitable about this theory as the priest-kings of the Eri and Nri children, go figures since no one else hasn't anything to claim predomination of power over the rest of the Igbo. This is how some descendants of 20th century warrant chiefs are calling their villages 'ancient kingdoms'. You can't pick up every wacky theory and run with it.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:08am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

Where's this from? All the DNA I've seen are 100% African, not even a trace of "other".
It's still African. It just means that there are people in North Africa that have the same L1b mtdna which is also common in West Africa.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 12:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It's still African. It just means that there are people in North Africa that have the same L1b mtdna which is also common in West Africa.

Okay, what I know is the Igbo people are children of the Equatorial forest. Simple. That shit is amazing and honourable on its own. There's no need to connect to the bible to be something 'more', or to provide security or superiority. Shit, why can't Igbo people call themselves the 'chosen ones' because they're Igbo? I don't know. Igbo culture is fucking amazing on its own. What if the Israelites came from Igboland? I think they may have. Whatever.

The Yoruba 'Eurasian' DNA probably comes from the Fulani and their Islamisation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:17am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

Okay, what I know is the Igbo people are children of the Equatorial forest. Simple. That shit is amazing and honourable on its own. There's no need to connect to the bible to be something 'more'.

The Yoruba 'Eurasian' DNA probably comes from the Fulani and their Islamisation.
That's what i thought as well. Eurasian stuff probably came from the North and it didn't make enough impact. Equitorial forest or not, scientists maintain that different/unique African groups met at different points. Modern Subsaharan Africans/Bantus are the results of that admixture. So no group is entirely pure. That's my stand.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 12:27am On Apr 07, 2015
There's also significant Portuguese ancestry among Istekiri people, some of their ancestors were legitimate Afro-Europeans, as in their Portuguese fathers recognised them. And possibly Kalabari, I think.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by osystein(m): 2:39am On Apr 07, 2015
TheBlue5:

Take a look at the thread linked below, the lemba of Zim/SA are the closest you'll find of a lost isreal tribe.

www.nairaland.com/1850979/lost-jewish-tribe-found-zimbabwe
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 3:12am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:
By the way what is Benjamin Netanyahu going to do? Invite all 30 million + Igbo people to Israel when they can't even tolerate the few thousand black African Jews that currently reside there?

No one is asking Israel to open its gates and flood its country with millions of Igbos. The main issue at hand is that an ancestral connection between certain areas in Igboland and ancient hebrews can be established without any need for aliyah (return to israel) and if at all any authentic number should be granted return rights, that number would be run in hundreds of thousands, given that not all Igbos have that connection and that Igbo clans migrated from different areas at different points in history. Take example, the falasha jews of ethiopia. Now, not all ethiopians have jewish connections but only a fraction of them. The intimidating number of Igbos has been the main deterrent factor keeping Israel from making a formal proclamation on Igbo-Hebraic discussions that have been going on for decades now. Israeli authorities have neither denied outrightly any connections (which leads me to believe they see some truth in Igbo-Hebraic discussions, for if they don't they would simply deny it outright) nor accepted it. In addition, Israel is such a tiny country that would barely contain an extra 5 million people.

After ancient relations might have been established, Aliyah needs not take place whatsoever. It would imply moving over to a foreign land, and losing your tribal identity, language and african pride into adopting a non-african one. I would say that what Israel can do is to join hands with SE/SS Nigeria (and maybe Benue state, seeing that majority are christians and rightly fall under christian southern Nigeria rather than North central where they have been wrongfully lumped together with muslims) into achieving an independent state for its people (I would recommend an entirely name for this new country, rather than 'biafra' which invokes quite obnoxious memories in the minds of many) with Igbo, Ibibio/Efik and Ijaw being 3 major official languages, alongside English. Trade and official relations between both countries can be strengthened and this new country of southern Nigeria can fluorish by its might into a great country of its own, one that people would queue up day and night at its embassies abroad to obtain a mere visitors visa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 3:16am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

Okay, what I know is the Igbo people are children of the Equatorial forest. Simple. That shit is amazing and honourable on its own. There's no need to connect to the bible to be something 'more', or to provide security or superiority. Shit, why can't Igbo people call themselves the 'chosen ones' because they're Igbo? I don't know. Igbo culture is fucking amazing on its own. What if the Israelites came from Igboland? I think they may have. Whatever.

If that is the case, the so-called eurasian dna of the Yoruba comes from intermarriage with fulanis, and is not due to some age-old arrival of 'foreign immigrants' from who-knows-where. It further confirms that the Yoruba are as authentically sub-saharan african as they can get. Y-DNA testing conducted on a large sample of yoruba males futher proves this fact. From the general phenotypical (physical) characteristics of Yorubas, their maternal ancestry could equally be largely pinned down to sub-saharan origins.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 3:16am On Apr 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

No one is asking Israel to open its gates and flood its country with millions of Igbos. The main issue at hand is that an ancestral connection between certain areas in Igboland and ancient hebrews can be established without any need for aliyah (return to israel) and if at all any authentic number should be granted return rights, that number would be run in hundreds of thousands, given that not all Igbos might have that connection given that Igbo clans migrated from different areas at different points in history. Take example, the falasha jews of ethiopia. Now, not all ethiopians have jewish connections but only a fraction of them. The intimidating number of Igbos has been the main deterrent factor keeping Israel from making a formal proclamation on Igbo-Hebraic discussions that have been going on for decades now. Israeli authorities have neither denied outrightly any connections (which leads me to believe they see some truth in Igbo-Hebraic discussions, for if they don't they would simply deny it outright) nor accepted it. In addition, Israel is such a tiny country that would barely contain an extra 5 million people.

After ancient relations might have been established, Aliyah needs not take place whatsoever. It would imply moving over to a foreign land, and losing your tribal identity, language and african pride into adopting a non-african one. I would say that what Israel can do is to join hands with SE/SS Nigeria (and maybe Benue state, seeing that majority are christians and rightly fall under christian southern Nigeria rather than North central where they have been wrongfully lumped together with muslims) into achieving an independent state for its people (I would recommend an entirely name for this new country, rather than 'biafra' which invokes quite obnoxious memories in the minds of many) with Igbo, Ibibio/Efik and Ijaw being 3 major official languages, alongside English. Trade and official relations between both countries can be strengthened and this new country of southern Nigeria can fluorish by its might into a great country of its own, one that people would queue up day and night at its embassies abroad to obtain a mere visitors visa.

So are you saying that you believe certain parts of Igbo people migrated all the way from Israel and are 'Jews'?
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 3:21am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

So are you saying that you believe certain parts of Igbo people migrated all the way from Israel and are 'Jews'?

Not necessarily migrated from Israel but from Egypt during the time of stay of the ancient hebrews in Egypy, given the manifestation of Egyptian influence on Igbo Ukwu pottery and similar pyramid structures between the Igbo pyramids and the steppe pyramids of egypt.

Notice that hebrew is pronounced natively as 'ibri' in hebrew language and the language is pronounced as 'ibrit'/'ibrit'. You need no soothsayer to point out the striking similarity to 'ibo'/'igbo'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ezeagu(m): 3:30am On Apr 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Not necessarily migrated from Israel but from Egypt during the time of stay of the ancient hebrews in Egypy, given the manifestation of Egyptian influence on Igbo Ukwu pottery and similar pyramid structures between the Igbo pyramids and the steppe pyramids of egypt.

Notice that hebrew is pronounced natively as 'ibri' in hebrew language and the language is pronounced as 'ibrit'/'ibrit'. You need no soothsayer to point out the striking similarity to 'ibo'/'igbo'.

I've never heard of Egyptian influence on Igbo Ukwu, most of the conventions follow todays northern Igbo culture. Step pyramids don't necessarily have to be from Egyptian pyramids, especially when there are step pyramids in South America. The 'Ibri' theory doesn't sound solid enough. The whole 'Jew' thing sounds far-fetched to me. There's no solid evidence, and the whole conversation sounds very paternalistic, and yes, racist. Notice how there's no balanced discussion as to whether 1. Israelites were influenced by the Igbo people seeing as, through archaeology, they've been in this land long before Israel was founded and 2. whether the customs of the Igbo people is what the Israelis should be picking up, not Igbo people picking up Ashkenazi customs and travelling to racist Israel. What if this is their original home and 'Ibri' is a corruption of 'Igbo'? There's a clear power dynamic here and Israel is being seen as superior. I don't buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 3:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It's all over the net. I 've been studying African dna makeup snice last week and it's quite interesting. Both our Y dna and Mtdna are linked to central and East Africa and Igbos cluster more to a san like group(only God knows what it is).
We are only dealing with two dnas : the E group and Mtdna L1. Anyother thing or admixture is left for dna testing,which can be conducted in any area.

ezeagu:

Where's this from? All the DNA I've seen are 100% African, not even a trace of "other".

Y-DNA studies conducted on a sample of Igbo males show 89% to be of Sub-saharan african origin (E1B1a) and about 11% is unaccounted for, which might confirm the theory of only a handful of Igbos who have paternal ancestors traced back to having come from outside ancient Igbo territory. On the other hand, studies conducted on Yoruba samples came out to be about 93% sub-saharan african (E1B1a). I guess the rest is the influx from interbreeding with the fulanis over the years. The hausa/fulani DNA samples are known to be remarkably different from most west african groups.

Equally, MtDNA studies conducted on the Igbo people revealed that the Igbo share a common L1B haplorgroup with the Akan, Egyptians, Lemba of Zimbabwe, Mauritianans, Algerians, Senegalese etc. Interestingly, DNA studies have confirmed the Lemba peoples to share ancestral connections with ancient Hebrews.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/10/92/table/T4
http://www.fsigenetics.com/article/S1872-4973%2811%2900126-8/abstract#sec0085
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L1_%28mtDNA%29

Now bro, I ain't no Hebrew-Igbo fanatic. I am only stating issues as is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 3:53am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

I've never heard of Egyptian influence on Igbo Ukwu, most of the conventions follow todays northern Igbo culture. Step pyramids don't necessarily have to be from Egyptian pyramids, especially when there are step pyramids in South America. The 'Ibri' theory doesn't sound solid enough. The whole 'Jew' thing sounds far-fetched to me. There's no solid evidence, and the whole conversation sounds very paternalistic, and yes, racist. Notice how there's no balanced discussion as to whether 1. Israelites were influenced by the Igbo people seeing as, through archaeology, they've been in this land long before Israel was founded and 2. whether the customs of the Igbo people is what the Israelis should be picking up, not Igbo people picking up Ashkenazi customs and travelling to racist Israel. What if this is their original home and 'Ibri' is a corruption of 'Igbo'? There's a clear power dynamic here and Israel is being seen as superior. I don't buy it.

Igbo Ukwu beads were discovered to be strikingly similar to those found in Egypt. My point of argument all along has been that the breakaway Hebraic group of a few individuals who might have journeyed into Igboland from Egypt were in their original form - black, who on arriving Igboland settled in the Nri axis, and established their lineage there, also integrating into the greater Igbo community. They might have also brought with them relics and mnemonics of their stay in Egypt. Y-DNA studies till today confirms only 89% of Igbo males have sub-saharan fathers. The origin of 11% is yet to be accounted for. That 11% could be from somewhere else in Africa, or maybe from somewhere else.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 3:57am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

Maybe, but the Igbo aren't one of them. Their traditions pre-date Israel and Judea, and may even indirectly be the origin of Israelite customs, who knows.

But Igbo people aren't "Jews".

In that sense, you are right. The word 'jew' identifies mostly a follower of the Judaic religion, just as christian refers to a follower of christ and is only a recent consruct. However, ancient Hebrews often referred to themselves as 'ibri' and their language as 'ibrit'.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 4:04am On Apr 07, 2015
ezeagu:

Why would they say that?

Don't get it twisted bro. The world and its civilizations today as we know it started in Egypt and Egypt is in Africa. Ancient Egyptians said themselves that they originated from the land of punt and the area of punt is generally agreed to be around the sudanese-ugandan area. Several egytian mummies have been proven to be black from DNA testing. For over 300 years, ancient hebrews sojourned and lived in the land of egypt, the land of ham/khawm (black) and were indistinguishable physically from each other such that Joseph's brothers could not tell Joseph apart from the Egyptians though he recognized them as his brothers. Moses, a Hebrew, grew up in the house of the egyptian pharoah for 40 years as his grandson and pharoah, not for one day, could not tell that Moses was not egyptian, yet he was Hebrew. St. Paul during his preaching in the middle east of the bible, was often mistaken as 'that egyptian' and all the time he had to assert his hebrewness to the people. Why would Hebrews and Egyptians often be confused as one if they weren't almost alike, if not fully, in the first place? Common sense would tell you that both the ancient egyptians and hebrews had to be originally black people at that time. The founder of egypt (mizraim) is one of the sons of Ham.

That point in time when Hebrews lived in Egypt refers to the period the ancient hebrews were in their original form and it is likely that it is in that original black/brown form the hebraic group that journeyed southwards towards Igboland broke away and arrived the Nri axis, carrying with them several hebraic traditions.

So each time I mention Egypt, I am referring spefically to black egypt. Modern egyptians are not the ancient egyptians Herodotus wrote of and described in his book as 'black with wooly hair'. They are descendants of invaders into ancient egypt who settled in egypt and interbred over the generations, such that the generations lightened up over the years. This is called, breeding out the colour and was a policy australians in the first half of the 20th century propagated to integrate the fewer aboriginal black australian population into the greater white population by interbreeding the black aboriginals (killing of the aboriginal males, and breeding the black women with white males, since kids often tend to take after their father's culture) to produce the first-generation biracial kids, much lighter than their black parents, and on further interbreeding of the biracials with white spouses would produce the 2nd generation biracials who look every inch like the general white population, seeing that it only takes 3 generations to turn a black man into a white man, and vice versa. Ancient black egyptians can still be found in egypt today as you move further down south you would find them there.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ChinenyeN(m): 4:19am On Apr 07, 2015
1. Where are you all getting the DNA testing information from? If it would be possible, I'd also like to get a link to the results or possibly a copy of the reports. Information about the scope of the testing and sampling methods especially would be helpful (imagine my disappointment though, if I were to find out that the sample consists of urban residents).

2. Showing or proving a connection between 'Ibri' and 'Igbo' will require a better explanation beyond simply sound similarity. In fact, simply chalking it up to sound similarity and calling it a day is equivalent to conjecture.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by bigfrancis21: 4:58am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinenyeN:
1. Where are you all getting the DNA testing information from? If it would be possible, I'd also like to get a link to the results or possibly a copy of the reports. Information about the scope of the testing and sampling methods especially would be helpful (imagine my disappointment though, if I were to find out that the sample consists of urban residents).

2. Showing or proving a connection between 'Ibri' and 'Igbo' will require a better explanation beyond simply sound similarity. In fact, simply chalking it up to sound similarity and calling it a day is equivalent to conjecture.

If you actually read my posts you would find the links I dropped behind for you to read. Or you could do a simple google check up for yourself. I would want to believe you are in America.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by ChinenyeN(m): 5:01am On Apr 07, 2015
My apologies. I'm using my phone to read the posts and I have an tendency to ignore links on NL when using my phone, because it takes a way from reading the thread through. I'll backtrack, thanks.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Y-DNA studies conducted on a sample of Igbo males show 89% to be of Sub-saharan african origin (E1B1a) and about 11% is unaccounted for, which might confirm the theory of only a handful of Igbos who have paternal ancestors traced back to having come from outside ancient Igbo territory. On the other hand, studies conducted on Yoruba samples came out to be about 93% sub-saharan african (E1B1a). I guess the rest is the influx from interbreeding with the fulanis over the years. The hausa/fulani DNA samples are known to be remarkably different from most west african groups.

Equally, MtDNA studies conducted on the Igbo people revealed that the Igbo share a common L1B haplorgroup with the Akan, Egyptians, Lemba of Zimbabwe, Mauritianans, Algerians, Senegalese etc. Interestingly, DNA studies have confirmed the Lemba peoples to share ancestral connections with ancient Hebrews.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2148/10/92/table/T4
http://www.fsigenetics.com/article/S1872-4973%2811%2900126-8/abstract#sec0085
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L1_%28mtDNA%29

Now bro, I ain't no Hebrew-Igbo fanatic. I am only stating issues as is.
And the 11% percent outside influence can only come from Nri? Let's keep an open mind when dealing with Igbo affairs. Am also expecting few Yorubas and Deltas to have this Nri dna snice they are found in Nri settlements in Delta state?
The indicator of a hebraic ancestry is the Cohen Modal genes,am not sure Igbos have been placed on this test. The E1b stuff is found in most Southern Nigerian group including Yoruba. The L haplotype is more prevalent amongst pygmies in Central Africa and is divided into L1b(Igbo) and L1c for other African groups. The L haplotype is very indigenous to Africa and it's the origin of everyother Mtdna gene in the world. The E haplotype is the major Y dna in subsaharan Africa and experts claim it is not necessarily a West African gene. Afterall, it's found all over Africa,middle East and Europe. Why were the 11% genes uncounted for?
Infact,am proposing that the Light skin stuff in Subsaharan Africa is not necessarily an external gene. If the oldest groups like Khoisan and Pygmies/hunters/bushmen are noticebly lighter in complexion,then people in this region were light brown before the carries of E haplotype displaced them. Igbos and other related groups seem to have retained that physical characteritics. (my opinion)
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by gatiano(m): 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nice and complete.
It takes 7 generations to remove the black germs of a black person completely. After 3 generations from a so called halfcaste( they are blacks), They may be white looking, but they would still have the black germ in them.
You are very right when you said, it depends on the father, every child takes after his/her father. The sperms is produced from the brain.

A little ofshoot. Of all the secret services in the world, Do you know that the blackman's or African secret services is the best? ofcourse, they don't work for no punkedified governments.

bigfrancis21:

Don't get it twisted bro. The world and its civilizations today as we know it started in Egypt and Egypt is in Africa. Ancient Egyptians said themselves that they originated from the land of punt and the area of punt is generally agreed to be around the sudanese-ugandan area. Several egytian mummies have been proven to be black from DNA testing. For over 300 years, ancient hebrews sojourned and lived in the land of egypt, the land of ham/khawm (black) and were indistinguishable physically from each other such that Joseph's brothers could not tell Joseph apart from the Egyptians though he recognized them as his brothers. Moses, a Hebrew, grew up in the house of the egyptian pharoah for 40 years as his grandson and pharoah, not for one day, could not tell that Moses was not egyptian, yet he was Hebrew. St. Paul during his preaching in the middle east of the bible, was often mistaken as 'that egyptian' and all the time he had to assert his hebrewness to the people. Why would Hebrews and Egyptians often be confused as one if they weren't almost alike, if not fully, in the first place? Common sense would tell you that both the ancient egyptians and hebrews had to be originally black people at that time. The founder of egypt (mizraim) is one of the sons of Ham.

That point in time when Hebrews lived in Egypt refers to the period the ancient hebrews were in their original form and it is likely that it is in that original black/brown form the hebraic group that journeyed southwards towards Igboland broke away and arrived the Nri axis, carrying with them several hebraic traditions.

So each time I mention Egypt, I am referring spefically to black egypt. Modern egyptians are not the ancient egyptians Herodotus wrote of and described in his book as 'black with wooly hair'. They are descendants of invaders into ancient egypt who settled in egypt and interbred over the generations, such that the generations lightened up over the years. This is called, breeding out the colour and was a policy australians in the first half of the 20th century propagated to integrate the fewer aboriginal black australian population into the greater white population by interbreeding the black aboriginals (killing of the aboriginal males, and breeding the black women with white males, since kids often tend to take after their father's culture) to produce the first-generation biracial kids, much lighter than their black parents, and on further interbreeding of the biracials with white spouses would produce the 2nd generation biracials who look every inch like the general white population, seeing that it only takes 3 generations to turn a black man into a white man, and vice versa. Ancient black egyptians can still be found in egypt today as you move further down south you would find them there.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lol,@Gatiano you crack me up with you post. Anyway,am only focusing on Dna as against culture and tradition.
The oldest dnas are haplotype A and B found in Khoisan and Pygmies. Haplotype CT and DE are found in Asia/middle east. So where did E originate from? Experts are pointing to a possible North /East African origins.
Igbos have the E3a haplotype while some jewish elements have the E3b dna.
Let us bear in mind that modern jews are mostly haplogroup J,which is younger than E.
Am of the opinion that Igbos/Western Africans already had a 'hebrew' like culture before the origin of the jews.
Bearing in mind that modern Jews are Khazer,spanish and Eastern European converts,how did they source for Jacob,Aaron and Abraham Y dna? Why should we base our dna results on dna of these converts?
Apart from the E haplotype, Igbos and other African group have the oldest Eve genes which is L1. Everyother Mtdna is from our own dna. So even if some jews migrated to Igboland,they are only grandsons of Igbos,snice E predates the J haplotype.
I also read that Niger-Congo languages are not necessarily indigenous to West Africa. It's divergence seem to have happened in the upper Nile valley before and during Bantu migration. I was quite surprised to find out that Fulani is a Niger -Congo language. This Nile/saharan region seem to have accomodated different African groups,that's the reason for the similarity between Niger congo languages,Merotic, Beja,Nilo saharan and Egyptian language.
Looking at our Dna,nothing suggests that some Igbos are different from others,rather our dna result speak of affinity with other Southern Nigerian groups. It's quite absurd to say so and so group of Igbos are from Israel,when Dna results say otherwise. If we go by this assertion,then all black West Africans migrated from Israel snice we share similar Dna marker.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by gatiano(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
I commend your knowledge of the study of chromosomes (dna), You read and it is very good. But you do not ask questions.

If the oldest DNA are found within the groups of the Pygmies(west Africans) and the Khoisans (east and south Africans) DNA A & B respectively, where does DNA of the other alphabets come from?
How did the Igbos have that far DNA alphabet E with number 3 in them? Even if The Igbos have haploid E3a, where did the E3b and that of the fake jews of J come from? It is possible that the Igbos do have a haploid E3a, who tested them? Their fellow Igbo brothers or the caucasian man who is searching for his origin?

You may also claim or say that the caucasian, asians or fake jews somehow, miraculously or magically were from those lands, Knowing fully who they are in attitude and arrogance, Why would they name the Africans A, B, just to put themselves behind at J? that is not the character of a fake jew or the europeans.

It made sense that Africans of today would have a lot of mixed alphabetical DNA in them, considering the duration of slavery and colonization, and before then, The Africans from around the world in ancient times.

Can a light skin people birth a dark, black African people? How then can it be that the Igbos be at E and the modern Asian and modern middle eastern (arabs) be C or D? which somehow gave birth to some haploid E, who in turn gave birth to Igbos E3a. come on sister, except it is not in alphabetical order.

Have you yourself as a black strong woman tested the DNAs of all people by yourself? or you simply accept everything that is fed to you? If you are a scientist, i beg you to do so.

Finally, where did Man come from? The discussion of this types really must begin from the origin. You may say we are tracing it back? has tracing the languages and the DNAs back to its source? it has like mending a broken egg. You have to start from the source to today. Thus the question origin of Man.

Ihuomadinihu:
Lol,@Gatiano you crack me up with you post. Anyway,am only focusing on Dna as against culture and tradition.
The oldest dnas are haplotype A and B found in Khoisan and Pygmies. Haplotype CT and DE are found in Asia/middle east. So where did E originate from? Experts are pointing to a possible North /East African origins.
Igbos have the E3a haplotype while some jewish elements have the E3b dna.
Let us bear in mind that modern jews are mostly haplogroup J,which is younger than E.
Am of the opinion that Igbos/Western Africans already had a 'hebrew' like culture before the origin of the jews.
Bearing in mind that modern Jews are Khazer,spanish and Eastern European converts,how did they source for Jacob,Aaron and Abraham Y dna? Why should we base our dna results on dna of these converts?
Apart from the E haplotype, Igbos and other African group have the oldest Eve genes which is L1. Everyother Mtdna is from our own dna. So even if some jews migrated to Igboland,they are only grandsons of Igbos,snice E predates the J haplotype.
I also read that Niger-Congo languages are not necessarily indigenous to West Africa. It's divergence seem to have happened in the upper Nile valley before and during Bantu migration. I was quite surprised to find out that Fulani is a Niger -Congo language. This Nile/saharan region seem to have accomodated different African groups,that's the reason for the similarity between Niger congo languages,Merotic, Beja,Nilo saharan and Egyptian language.
Looking at our Dna,nothing suggests that some Igbos are different from others,rather our dna result speak of affinity with other Southern Nigerian groups. It's quite absurd to say so and so group of Igbos are from Israel,when Dna results say otherwise. If we go by this assertion,then all black West Africans migrated from Israel snice we share similar Dna marker.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
gatiano:
I commend your knowledge of the study of chromosomes (dna), You read and it is very good. But you do not ask questions.

If the oldest DNA are found within the groups of the Pygmies(west Africans) and the Khoisans (east and south Africans) DNA A & B respectively, where does DNA of the other alphabets come from?
How did the Igbos have that far DNA alphabet E with number 3 in them? Even if The Igbos have haploid E3a, where did the E3b and that of the fake jews of J come from? It is possible that the Igbos do have a haploid E3a, who tested them? Their fellow Igbo brothers or the caucasian man who is searching for his origin?

You may also claim or say that the caucasian, asians or fake jews somehow, miraculously or magically were from those lands, Knowing fully who they are in attitude and arrogance, Why would they name the Africans A, B, just to put themselves behind at J? that is not the character of a fake jew or the europeans.

It made sense that Africans of today would have a lot of mixed alphabetical DNA in them, considering the duration of slavery and colonization, and before then, The Africans from around the world in ancient times.

Can a light skin people birth a dark, black African people? How then can it be that the Igbos be at E and the modern Asian and modern middle eastern (arabs) be C or D? which somehow gave birth to some haploid E, who in turn gave birth to Igbos E3a. come on sister, except it is not in alphabetical order.

Have you yourself as a black strong woman tested the DNAs of all people by yourself? or you simply accept everything that is fed to you? If you are a scientist, i beg you to do so.

Finally, where did Man come from? The discussion of this types really must begin from the origin. You may say we are tracing it back? has tracing the languages and the DNAs back to its source? it has like mending a broken egg. You have to start from the source to today. Thus the question origin of Man.

Pls,don't counter yourself. Some of the questions in your post are meant for the people that claim Jewish origin. If Man originated from Africa and migrated to the middle east,who is older here? The man from Africa or the one from middle east. If we carry E genes and and jews carry J plus E,who is more original?
It just means that they are originally from here and mixed up with cacusoid J carries.
Another perspective is to assume that ancient Africans were carriers of A and B,before the carries of E from East Africa displaced them. Therefore if E appeared before J,then West Africans are older than carriers of J(jews). Hebrew or no hebrew, West Africans/Nigerians/Igbos are carriers of the original genes. Even if hebrews back tracked before the Exodus,they were still carrying the E genes unless further testing say otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.