Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US (41865 Views)

@mufclatestnews Removes Editor Who Said Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen & Flesh / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 05, 2015
Hmm...Op if I had the chance, I will take the next available flight straight to USA..no matter how u are gonna rationalized it, there are better opportunities over there! Even if u are working a menial job. You can comfortably build yourself a decent house and afford a nice house when you return to Nigeria! ! @Op Pls relocate!
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by shilling(f): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2015
telexfree1:

my boss left his 500k and relocated. not even U.S. sef, ordinary Canada.

What is ordinary about Canada? Immigrants have it much easier in Canada than the US.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by LBTY(f): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2015
iykedare:

Is 75k a good salary?
There is something called risk. Her decision now could better her future. Its even better if she goes there to school so she can fit into their job market.

A colleague of mine will leave his 300k job to do his masters and live there. Its a huge risk. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I think calculated risk sounds better. One shouldn't embark on all risks.

Dear op, I have questions. What kind of visa is your sister wanting you to get? What if you are lucky enough to get a two year visa? I don't get why she wants you to hide at home. Has she planned everything out for you or what because I don't understand the estimated time. How is she expecting you to get your papers? After getting your papers, I believe you'd transition fine, but these questions before then need to be asked.

What exactly do you want? I wish you all the best in whatever decision you decide to embark on.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Ilaje44(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Alcatraz001:
@ Op please don't mind this people who are advising you to stay baack in Nigeria oooo, they are not happy for you.

Please ask your self if you see hope in this Country? How much is 75k? Please take this opportunity with both hands,before you know it you would start a job after getting the papers in the US. I want you to think about the quality of Life that the US offers and not the slave wages being paid in Nigeria. Nigeria jst survived a Civil War by whiskers because God intervened through the US and Britain but there is still tension in the Air.

Just sit down and think about all you have to gain by moving to a more developed and stable country.

May God give you the wisdom to make a good decision.
This is not an arguement. If every abled brains leave Nigeria, who will develop the land? I dont think you want that country to continously being ruled by thugs and lawless people right?

Anyway, to the topic: staying indoor for 6 months is not an easy thing. You have to be strong willed and very disciplined to endure the "incacerration". I'd suggest depending on which area your sister stays in the States to travel in autumn. It would be easier to endure staying indoor during the cold months.

Hence, if you are a risk taker, then go for it. However, like other people have said, prepare for the worst, while you hope for the best. Wish you the best of luck.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by nandyz(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2015
pls dear ,,,, better stay at Nigeria n make Ur paper right here in Nigeria before travelling to state ..................... okkkkkkkkkkk.... that is all I have for u dear

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by LBTY(f): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2015
mya1:
We cannot advise you with the insufficient information you've provided.

1) what type of visa are you applying for? If it's visiting, you're entitled to a 6months visa that has no cap/restriction on your movement in the country within the six months.
You have to stay within the limit of your visa though, which is to visit/holiday,meaning you are not entitled to a paid employment .

2) How does your sister intend getting the so called papers for you after 6months?
To my best understanding-though I'm not in the states but I guess the immigration law is similar to the United Kingdom's.
You could never upgrade a visiting visa to a stay within 6months- matter of fact - you couldn't upgrade a visiting visa .
The best you can get is to become an illegal immigrant and trust me, I don't think it's a life you want to subject yourself to.You're basically going to be living like a prisoner.

Ask your sister these questions- what are her plans for you?- real and cogent plans .Are they feasible?
If they aren't or would subject you to being illegal ,it's not worth it one bit!

I see a lot of people here that get so excited about the prospect of going to western countries that they don't give it any deep thought or have a concrete plan and 10 years down the lane,they are still doing odd jobs and living in constant fear of deportation.
That life is no life!

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Naijalastborn(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2015
70k per month. its better off if you are not going there with Legal procedures
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by shilling(f): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2015
Op should ask some serious questions and provide Nairaland with follow up info.

Money wise, N75know isnothing. To put things in perspective, even if op was doing some crappy minimum wage job fulltime, he'll make around $1280 and have a better standard of living.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by obowunmi(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2015
Alexisu:

Abeg link me up with dat ur current job wen u ar leaving.
Thanks in anticipation and success too

grin grin

No dulling...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by telexfree1: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2015
Danfo:
@OP,

First, the amount you are currently earning is really not much in comparison to your earning potential in the US i.e 75,000 Naira is less than $400 a month. In the US you can earn more than that in a week alone, if you are not lazy. So from the earning perspective US is certainly appealing.

In terms of education and training for your career and personal development, the US will advance you exponentially in a shorter time and with less frustration, if you are a determined and focused person.

So no argument, US is a better location than Nigeria; at least for the above reasons.

However, in order to function and get the best of the US your need your presence in the country to be regulated; otherwise you will regret ever leaving Nigeria.

These are the practical questions you need to ask:
• Is your sister living in the US legally?
• What type of a lifestyle is she living? Is she married? Have kids? Working or on State Benefit?
• What type of permit is she planning to get you, and what is the certainty that it will be successful?
• Are you planning to leave Nigeria on a visa bearing your name and legally issued visa?
• Regularisation of your stay has to be done before your visa expire, so why do you need to HIDE, at least before the visa expires?
• Under the scenario of 'hiding' what are you supposed to be doing in-doors for 6 months?

Your sister is the best person to direct the questions to. Afterwards do your due diligence based upon her responses. If you cannot find satisfactory answers to the above survival’s questions then I will advise you to romantically hug and kiss your 75,000 Naira job until GOD open up better opportunities for you in the future.

Take care and may GOD guide you into the right path for your life.

Best response so far

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Pasca07: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2015
lestat:
WHHHAAATTTT?? i never ceased to be amazed @ the level of bull sh1t nNigerians can spew?!!! undecided its mind boggling that some peeps here are even telling u that you have a good job?!!!!! and from your response it sounds like you believe that?!!!!!!!!!

Wow Nigerians and self deceit sha?? undecided undecided
aNYWAYS LET ME BE FRANK AS USUAL!! FIRSTLY YOU ARE AN INGRATE!!! YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE WILLING TO SPEND HER HARD EARNED MONEY TO TAKE YOUR LAZY UNGRATEFULL SELF TO USA and YOU ARE HERE ASKING HER INTENTIONS? because you are clearly still living with your family thats why you think you have a good job!!

If you where paying rent and feeding yourself you would know your job is nonsense!!! i dont think you realize your reality yet, you even have money to subscribe for internet to type this nonsense here because you are not feeding yourself!!!

Let me break it down for you!! Until Nigeria gets better you are one of the lucky few who has an opportunity to get out of here, and if what it takes is 6 months living indoors and your sister feeding your hungry ungrateful self then so be it!!! some even are praying for an opportunity to stay for 1 year if at the end they get their papers!!!!

I call bullsh1t!! this is a fake story!!! i dont think any one can be so clueless unless their name is GEJ!!!

She will pay for your travel expenses, feed you for 6 months, assist in getting your papers and you are here asking what? THIS IS A FAKE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol u hash ooo .....all the same u are right
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2015
Thanks guys
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

For your future sake, do not mind Nairalanders unless if they are living or has lived outside Nigeria.

It sounds easy but it is not. Please do not take that risk at all. Personally, I think your sister wants a babysitter, I can't possibly imagine an illegal immigrant becoming a legal immigrant miraculously after 6 months. Please, Think it through fro your own sake.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by eyinjuege: 11:23am On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

If you're truly making that money in Nigetia then you'll be a complete dunce to abandon that for the US.

Trust me on that. I've been here since 86 btw.

Bro, he's talking of 75k in naira not dollars. That's about $350 per month. That's crap and you can bet the OP can't raise a family comfortqbly on that.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by eyinjuege: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

For your future sake, do not mind Nairalanders unless if they are living or has lived outside Nigeria.

It sounds easy but it is not. Please do not take that risk at all. Personally, I think your sister wants a babysitter, I can't possibly imagine an illegal immigrant becoming a legal immigrant miraculously after 6 months. Please, Think it through fro your own sake.

The sister can get an arrangee marriage for the OP. There really are a few ways of getting around the system
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 05, 2015
eyinjuege:

The sister can get an arrangee marriage for the OP. There really are a few ways of getting around the system

Wow! Why do we still have illegal.immigrants if it was that easy.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:
Guys getting down there and wait for 6 months isn't my problem, but im afraid of what i might lose if this doesn't work out as envisaged. Believe me,i would still have to spend the fortune I've saved with the peanut im earning on the traveling expenses.and that is the problem i have with the whole thing. pls guys, i need real advise as this is going down pretty soon..............OP

You are going to waste all your sayings, your sister will not perform magic in 6 months to get you any paper.

Ask her to tell you exactly the sort of visa she will be getting for you within that 6 months.

Looking at your salary I will be surprised if You are issued a B1/B2 visa by US embassy, even an IV from your sister will not cut it because you don't have strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 11:32am On Apr 05, 2015
eyinjuege:

Talk is cheap
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 11:32am On Apr 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

Ask them
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by normaljenny(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2015
MY BROTHER SIX MONTHS IS NOTHING AND 75K IS NOTHING AND THE JOB YOU ARE DOING IS NOT EVEN SECURITY GUARRANTEED. YOU ARE EVEN SINGLE AND NO RESPONSIBILITY IN UR HANDS EXCEPT BEER MONEY, RECHARGING UR MB BUNDLE AND ALL THAT. AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT PAYING UR HOUSE RENTS HERE IN NAIJA. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST TO RUN A FAMILY PER WEEK? 75K IS BISCUIT MONEY. MY BROTHER FORGET ALL THOSE ABOVE ADVISING YOU TO STAY PUT IN NIGERIA. I EARN MORE THAN YOU DO AND AM WORKING ON GETTING TO THE STATES TO STAY.

BRO. YOU DEY MAD O. NO EVEN THINK AM AT ALL. YOUR SISTER WISHES WELL FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE EVEN SMART ENOUGH WHILE AT HOME YOU CAN FIND FEW LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES ONLINE AND BE TAKING IN FEW CHANGES.

USE YOUR TONGUE COUNT YOUR TEETH.

WETIN BE 75K

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2015
justwise:

grin grin you know some people here can talk but can't support it with evidence

You dey mind them undecided
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 05, 2015
normaljenny:
MY BROTHER SIX MONTHS IS NOTHING AND 75K IS NOTHING AND THE JOB YOU ARE DOING IS NOT EVEN SECURITY GUARRANTEED. YOU ARE EVEN SINGLE AND NO RESPONSIBILITY IN UR HANDS EXCEPT BEER MONEY, RECHARGING UR MB BUNDLE AND ALL THAT. AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT PAYING UR HOUSE RENTS HERE IN NAIJA. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST TO RUN A FAMILY PER WEEK? 75K IS BISCUIT MONEY. MY BROTHER FORGET ALL THOSE ABOVE ADVISING YOU TO STAY PUT IN NIGERIA. I EARN MORE THAN YOU DO AND AM WORKING ON GETTING TO THE STATES TO STAY.

BRO. YOU DEY MAD O. NO EVEN THINK AM AT ALL. YOUR SISTER WISHES WELL FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE EVEN SMART ENOUGH WHILE AT HOME YOU CAN FIND FEW LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES ONLINE AND BE TAKING IN FEW CHANGES.

USE YOUR TONGUE COUNT YOUR TEETH.

WETIN BE 75K

Have you ever left the shores of Nigeria beforeundecided

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 05, 2015
BROS YOU MISS THE POINT. THE POINT IS, IS HE EVEN GOING IT LEGALLY? yOU PEOPLE SHOULD NOT ENCOURAGE OUR BROTHERS TO DO ILLEGAL STUFF. PLAIN AND SIMPLE IF IT IS NOT LEGAL, HE SHOULD DUMP IT...

Lucasbalo:
It's laughable to tell someone making 70.000 Naira to stay in Nigeria if he has the opportunity to advance himself ?. How much is 75 thousand Naira?. I have been here in Chicago for a long time too and I am surprised at your post. I guess to each his own.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Ninilowo(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2015
OP, Sorry for being blunt, YOU LL BE MORE THAN SORRY at the end of the day. Even a married man earning less than 75k is managing a decent life with a wife and two children. So what's the biggie about US?

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Terdoo2k4(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2015
You would be breaking the law of a land and that would be sinning against God
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Winneygirl(f): 11:49am On Apr 05, 2015
My question is this...
"Does the Op have an aim.... ambition? "

Are you contemplating going because you have an ambition of your own, or you just want to go to the U.S.?

There's no where I see an aim.
Does she have a plan for a job for you, or schooling or what?

As far as I see, even you don't know why you are considering it....She hasn't revealed everything to you.

Until you have all the facts, please stick to your job.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by abbey621(m): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
A lot of people don't understand how America works, if your sister is going to bring you here legally as an immigrant then there's no need to stay indoors for six months because you would already be a legal immigrant capable of moving around freely. On the other hand, if her intention is to have you come in through a non immigrant visa and then marry a citizen over here then you would definitely need to abide by her rules and pray for luck. Either way you need to let her know how you feel and ask lots of questions, there's nothing wrong with leaving your job as long as you come into the United States legally and stick to your plans.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Motolank: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?
Seriously, your sister might need a baby sitter... sibling is no more sibling when you get to america... don't know how she wants you to get papers in six months, what's she going to perform?
If she has baby or children here..I will say DONT come. But if she wants to marry you with her papers (arangy).
Not bad idea...

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by eyinjuege: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

A host of reasons. Some are not the right age, some don't have the money to make such arrangements, and hey some do genuinely fall in love and voila their papers are ready.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
eyinjuege:

A host of reasons. Some are not the right age, some don't have the money to make such arrangements, and hey some do genuinely fall in love and voila their papers are ready.

Sounds so simple...uhm

Have you lived a considerable part of your life in US before? I suggest you stop misinform the poor boy, let those who actually live there explain his options to him.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by successky: 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
The only thing i can tell you is to ASK GOD

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by eyinjuege: 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
Justfollowit:

Sounds so simple...uhm

Have you lived a considerable part of your life in US before? I suggest you stop misinform the poor boy, let those who actually live there explain his options to him.

No one is MISINFORMING the "poor" boy. I'm not the one inviting him into the US, and I'm definately not the one trying to help him get a stay. I just put across one of the many possible angles that the sister might be working on to help him get a stay.
I know for a fact that people still have arrangee marriages to get their green card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At OBAX Worldwide Limited / List Of Successful Candidates For 2016 Naf Dssc Interview Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.