Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market (42680 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks / Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

You don see N1m in bulk before ?
I have 2.3m in my bank account.
Waraboutyou? I you can't prove your allegations just shut up. Provide the audio or video. The guy is waiting
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
O yeah! I can see that the paid iidiot has already hired some hungry jobless youths to do his dirty job. grin
Cramjones, please ask your hungry rats to go back to school.
abeg make you leave am. Na your guy though his utterances towards you shows that there is a fundamental problem with interpersonal relationship in this country. Abeg free am with him insult.

1 Like

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by deletrue: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bevista:
The man has not even been sworn in, yet there are positive economic news everywhere.

He has not instituted a single economic policy yet talkless of implementation and yet the financial system is already responding favourably to his emergence.

In other news it is reported that foreign investors who have never considered Nigeria for their investment are already lining up to come. When asked why the sudden interest, one of them said 'because we know we don't have to bribe anybody now'.

If you still indulge in this method, people will not take you serious. I think you should reduce the option of propaganda and increase some seriousness from now on.
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Mustiboy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
Quote me again once your stinky mouth is off Cramjones's asss.

coccksucker.
ooops! I never knew your name's truckpusher, i'm sorry that it took me so long to realise the cause for your foolishness. The truck you've been pushing has mentally duraned you. All apologies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
Oga I respect you too but you should rather look into my points. You may disagree with me but it shouldn't lead to personal attacks.
The points are pointless. Sorry if that offends you
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I have 2.3m in my bank account.
Waraboutyou? I you can't prove your allegations just shut up. Provide the audio or video. The guy is waiting

Poor man like you, people wey get money no dey make mouth . But I got news for you, my accounts are never on a stable figure, even while I'm asleep,they are being credited in Euros grin

Your N2.3m no reach the amount I spend each time I come holiday for Naija .

Abeg carry your suffer head go one side cheesy
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

The points are pointless. Sorry if that offends you
Your Opinion bros...which I so respect though warped!
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Poor man like you, people wey get money no dey make mouth . But I got news for you, my accounts are never on a stable figure, even while I'm asleep,they are being credited in Euros grin

See what comes out from an average nairalander. Yes you are richer but your question was "have I ever seen 1 million in bulk?" Please let's not. Off topic. Provide the video or audio or shut up. You may be lucky to win that 1 million

1 Like

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
Your Opinion bros...which I so respect though warped!
Ok sir
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
Fani kayode!!are u not just shameless?
cramjones:
When the head is rotten, even a man without a nose will perceive its stench. CHANGE has indeed come to Nigeria. My pity lies with those who still believe that stealing is not corruption!

-CramJones
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Bros, that was harsh... As God don bless you, God sef go bless am like you and everyone of us. He go also increase you in wealth and stature grin but make you no de call person poor man. Abeg o
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

See what comes out from an average nairalander. Yes you are richer but your question was "have I ever seen 1 million in bulk?" Please let's not. Off topic. Provide the video or audio or shut up. You may be lucky to win that 1 million

Poor people like you always think they have an opinion. Did I quote you first ?

You write like a mentally deranged suffer head . I doubt you even have N500,000 in your account .
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by grabs(m): 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bevista:
The man has not even been sworn in, yet there are positive economic news everywhere.

He has not instituted a single economic policy yet talkless of implementation and yet the financial system is already responding favourably to his emergence.

In other news it is reported that foreign investors who have never considered Nigeria for their investment are already lining up to come. When asked why the sudden interest, one of them said 'because we know we don't have to bribe anybody now'.

Try to read and comprehend before dropping a comment......."that call by Jonathan".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Emmahunk(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
Adesiji77:
The peaceful outcome of the recently concluded presidential election has seen massive offloading of the United States dollars at the parallel segment of the forex market since Monday.

This has also seen a significant appreciation of the naira at that segment of the market as politicians, investors and other currency users in the country who hitherto were storing the greenback for fear of post-election violence have been flooding the market with the greenback.

Specifically, the naira which had been hovering between N215 and N222 to a dollar since this year closed at N200 to a dollar on Friday. However, at the interbank market, the naira has remained at N197 to a dollar

"The dollar supply in the market presently is more than the supply and that is why we are seeing the current level of appreciation in the parallel market,"
Alhaji Yusuff Ganiyu, who trades in foreign currency in Marina, Lagos, said.

Currency analyst at Ecobank Nigeria, Mr. Kunle Ezun told THISDAY that the outcome of the presidential election was in line with analysts’ projections.
“The emergence of Buhari connotes positive market sentiment. A lot of people thought there would be post-election violence, but that phone call from President Jonathan completely changed the perception about Nigeria in the international market.

“Also, because of the fact that a lot of people anticipated that the dollar might fall, they are selling dollars and this is one of the reasons the naira is appreciating in the black market,” he explained.

The naira had slumped 18 per cent against the dollar as oil prices collapsed by almost half since June. This had prompted Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to lower banks’ trading limits and introduce a new dealing system in February that prevents lenders from buying dollars on the interbank market without matching orders from customers needing to import goods.

“One of the first big challenges the new government is going to have to face is what on earth to do with the naira,” Samuel Vecht, who oversees $2.7 billion in five emerging-frontier-market funds at BlackRock told Bloomberg recently.
“Steps have to be taken to ensure reserves don’t keep falling.”

Analysts at Renaissance Capital Limited specifically noted that the collaboration would ensure that corruption, wastage and revenue leakages, among others, are tackled.

The report added: “Overall, our views are mixed on the implications of a Buhari victory for Nigerian banks. Investors see the asset quality risks but given where valuations are, they have been waiting for three things to justify a re-entry: a recovery in oil prices; fairer valuation of the naira, and some level of comfort on the political environment. Oil prices have recovered somewhat from their 2015 lows but remain a wild card."

Buhari’s win over President Jonathan marked Nigeria’s first democratic transition of power from one party to another since independence from Britain in 1960.

The naira’s current interbank value is appropriate and the discrepancy between that and the parallel rate isn’t an indication that it’s under pressure, the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele had said at the last Monetary Policy Committee meeting between March 23 and 24.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/offloading-of-dollars-triggers-massive-naira-appreciation-at-parallel-market/205927/

lalasticlala

May 29th is still far and things are already happening. Even the critics are already appreciating this CHANGE!
If only there is a way of stopping this fraud called Immigration Recruitment till May 29th!!!
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, that was harsh... As God don bless you, God sef go bless am like you and everyone of us. He go also increase you in wealth and stature grin but make you no de call person poor man. Abeg o

I agree with you , but the dude asked for it ! Meanwhile,I hope you are enjoying your Easter .
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Poor people like you always think they have an opinion. Did I quote you first ?

You write like a mentally deranged suffer head . I doubt you even have N500,000 in your account .
I don't have anything. Video or audio please. And spare the insult cos I can be very dangerous. Ask your brother severusnape. I'm waiting
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I don't have anything. Video or audio please. And spare the insult cos I can be very dangerous. Ask your brother severusnape. I'm waiting

If you dangerous,na for your pocket be dat ! You are even lucky I'm responding to an !mbecile like you .
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

If you dangerous,na for your pocket be dat ! You are even lucky I'm responding to an !mbecile like you .
Monkey. Poor goat. You are behaving like one mbere that I know. She doesn't know anything and she is a prostitute. Who knows if she is your mother. She is also a popular p0rnstar. Idi0t. Let me hear you shouting Buhari said he will stabilize oil price or make #1 = $1 again. You can't provide proof but you know how to make noise. Internet millionaire
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Monkey. Poor goat. You are behaving like one mbere that I know. She doesn't know anything and she is a prostitute. Who knows if she is your mother. She is also a popular p0rnstar. Idi0t. Let me hear you shouting Buhari said he will stabilize oil price or make #1 = $1 again. You can't provide proof but you know how to make noise. Internet millionaire

Lol, is that how dangerous you can get ?

I laugh at your extreme stupidity . An Attention seeking double standard second-handed bas!t!ard like you should be locked up in a cage and the keys thrown into the lagoon .
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mentain(m): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
wind of change started blowing already.
Glory be to God
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by babestella: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:
People had to change their Naira into dollars before the election incase dog and baboon get soaked in blood,but APC had to campaign with it.

Any reasonable and educated person can figure it out without much hassle .

I wish Buhari Goodluck in stabilizing world oil price and also making Naira rise to $1 to N1 .

grin

Very correct, the bunch of illiterates we have in Nigeria will never know reason why the exchange rate went up sharply. Sadly it was in APC's campaign point that dollar went up because of GEJ policies.

1 Like

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

I agree with you , but the dude asked for it ! Meanwhile,I hope you are enjoying your Easter .
fine my bros... And yours?
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Lol, is that how dangerous you can get ?

I laugh at your extreme stupidity . An Attention seeking double standard second-handed bas!t!ard like you should be locked up in a cage and the keys thrown into the lagoon .
Am I an animal like you who lives in a zoo? Those weren't insults. Those where facts about you. Provide link to the video or audio you cannot but you know how to disturb. No wonder Barcasomething is your friend. You keep making noise and at the end you get embarrassed. Jona will win south-somewhere jona will win south-somewhere at the end he started begging people to forgive him. Now after making noise you can't provide proof.
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by babestella: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
mentain:
wind of change started blowing already.
Glory be to. God[b]wind of change started blowing already.
Glory be to. God[/b]wind of change started blowing already.
Glory be to. God

Lol, which wind? Investors took out billions of dollars from our market because they had thought that your dog and baboon general will cause war in Nigeria, but thank God GEJ made the call, that was what boosted investors confidence to return to our markets. Stop being naive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
barcanista:
fine my bros... And yours?

We thank God my brother ! Remain blessed because you are already blessed !!
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
mrborntodoit:

We thank God my brother ! Remain cursed because you are already cursed !!
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by EcoTerror: 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
cramjones:
When the head is rotten, even a man without a nose will perceive its stench. CHANGE has indeed come to Nigeria. My pity lies with those who still believe that stealing is not corruption!

-CramJones
I thought you opened a thread that you will be retiring this your moniker, you are the most despicable rat on NL. You always try to remain in the limelight whereas you are fading daily.
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
EcoTerror:
I thought you opened a thread that you will be retiring this your moniker, you are the most despicable rat on NL. You always try to remain in the limelight whereas you are fading daily.
Why not mind your business? I pleaded with him to stay. Nonsense. I hope you know that BUHARI IS YOUR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by makzeze: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
dollar now 175 naira in black market
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by abduljabbar4(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
Good luck. Bye
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Am I an animal like you who lives in a zoo? Those weren't insults. Those where facts about you. Provide link to the video or audio you cannot but you know how to disturb. No wonder Barcasomething is your friend. You keep making noise and at the end you get embarrassed. Jona will win south-somewhere jona will win south-somewhere at the end he started begging people to forgive him. Now after making noise you can't provide proof.

You are just an empty drum! I have millions of things to do, and money isn't my problem so the N1m that looks like the world cup trophy to people like you that are financially and intellectually poor isn't my problem .

Stop wasting your miserable life trying to get noticed on here,contribute your small sense and move on instead of disrespecting people whom don't give a flying fvck about your existence .

I won't waste my precious time advising a dumb fvck like you.

Ciao !
Re: Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market by mrborntodoit: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
babestella:

Very correct, the bunch of illiterates we have in Nigeria will never know reason why the exchange rate went up sharply. Sadly it was in APC's campaign point that dollar went up because of GEJ policies.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / How True Is This In Nigeria? / Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.