Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (35370 Views)

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 05, 2015
midasbliss:

Onome It Is...
OK you know what? mail me your number so we can chat on watsapp or bbm or Facebook which ever you prefer
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by midasbliss(f): 7:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Mcquine:

OK you know what? mail me your number so we can chat on watsapp or bbm or Facebook which ever you prefer
Lol, Aite
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Trustworthiness: 7:36am On Apr 05, 2015
kay1one:

And this crap book you quoted is more valuable than the Holy Bible? !

Who says the bible is holy? Do you know the meaning of the word bible. Bible means collection of books. So, you need to ask yourself if the books collected together were holy and divine before the bible can be address as being only.

Books written, on an account of an event that happen, by individuals can't be referred to as holy. Yes, these books might contain some quotation from an holy book such as Gospel of Jesus christ himself, that does not make it holy.

Divine revelations or Holy books are reveal directly by God to His chosen ones, such as Jesus christ. The individual must be a true prophet and a messenger of God sent to a nation, as in the case of Moses and Jesus sent to the people of Israel with Torah and Injil (The Gospel) respectively.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 05, 2015
kristisking:
Even the scientists have begun to come back to their senses as many now believe that there is life hereafter

Because there is hereafter does not mean that Jesus rose after death

3 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2015
midasbliss:

Lol, Aite
did you send a mail with the name of Joseph?
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Misogynist2014(m): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2015
simplex2:

My question remains: Why and how did the Greek version encapsulate the original name? If the Greeks decide to substitute the original name with one of their idol gods called 'Jesus', then you are apparently giving credence to the little Greek god rather than the original messiah you intend to.

Same with the generally accepted picture of your messiah which is actually a pix of someone else.

Same with the Greeks pagan celebration days which has now become traditional christian celebration days too.

How convenient!
The New Testament was written in Greek, even Muhammad in his apparent contradiction of the suras, called the New Testament 'injil' i.e. Good News. I consider the Qur'an as also a confirmation of the Holy Bible.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by midasbliss(f): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2015
Mcquine:

did you send a mail with the name of Joseph?
Yup.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Trustworthiness: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2015
Banter1:
My Lord JESUS Christ Is The Only Lord That Died And Resurrected. Every Other Ones That Died Are Still lying Dead In Their Various Graves. You Know Why They Are Still Lying Dead In Their Graves? They Where Never A Prophet Of God. If They Were, How Come JESUS And The Bible Never Mention Of Them?
And Quran Mention JESUS In So many Verses Don't Be Deceived.

#HeIsAlifeAndWillBeBackForMe

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

The position of the Quran is clear. Jesus christ is a prophet and messenger of God sent only to the children of Israel only and not to the whole world.

He is not God nor Son of God but a prophet and a messenger given a holy book called Injil (ie The Gospel) and not Bible. The bible means collection of books.

He is alive and not crucified by anybody. He did not die for anybodies sin. Even the bible made us to understand that he(Jesus) did not want to die. That is why, according to the bible, he said while on the cross: God, God why did you forsake me. Which means he did not expect God to abandon him when he needs God to rescue him from the hands of those that planned to killed him through crucifixion.

So, there is no plan between him and God to die for anybody sins. This is a misconceptions.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by lolaxavier(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2015
Unbias:
JESUS’ EXISTENCE. That Jesus was a historical individual is granted by virtually all historians and is supported by ancient Christian, Jewish, and pagan sources. Yet modern skeptics often feel that their best strategy for denying the evidence of his resurrection is to deny that he even existed.

JESUS’ DEATH. The most popular counter to the Resurrection in non-Christian and heretical beliefs is to deny that Jesus died on the cross (e.g., this is the position of Islam). However, historians regard the death of Jesus by crucifixion as ordered by Pontius Pilate to be as historically certain as any other fact of antiquity.

CRUCIFIED MESSIAH. Crucifixion was a horrible, shameful way to die, so much so that it would never have occurred to anyone in the first century to invent a story about a crucified man as the divine Savior and King of the world. Something extreme and dramatic must have happened to lead people to accept such an idea—something like his rising from the dead.

JOSEPH’S TOMB. All four Gospels agree that Jesus’ body had been buried in the rock tomb owned by Joseph of Arimathea, a member of the Jewish high council (the Sanhedrin). This is an unlikely Christian fiction, because Christians blamed the Sanhedrin for their role in having Jesus executed.

WOMEN WITNESSES. The four Gospels all agree that the first persons to find the tomb empty were Jewish women, including Mary Magdalene. It is very unlikely that anyone would make up such a story, since women’s testimony was devalued compared to men’s and since Mary Magdalene was known as a formerly demon-possessed woman. If the empty tomb story were fiction, one would expect that Joseph of Arimathea, already identified as the tomb’s owner and a respected male leader, would be credited with the discovery.

ANCIENT THEORIES. The earliest non-Christian explanations for the origin of the Resurrection belief (mentioned in John and Matthew) were that the body had been taken from the tomb—either moved to another burial place or stolen to fake the Resurrection. These explanations conceded three key facts: Jesus died; his body was buried in Joseph’s tomb; the tomb was later found to be empty.

TOMB WAS GUARDED. Critics routinely dismiss Matthew’s story about the guards being bribed to say that they fell asleep, giving the disciples opportunity to steal the body (Matt. 28:11-15). But Matthew would have no reason to make up the story about the guards being bribed except to counter the story of the guards saying they fell asleep (see v. 15). Either way, the guards were there: the body had been in the tomb, the tomb had been guarded, and the body was no longer there.

PAUL AND LUKE’S INDEPENDENT ACCOUNTS. Paul’s list of resurrection witnesses in 1 Corinthians 15:5-7 coincides with Luke’s account at several points, but in wording and in what is included Luke’s account is clearly independent of Paul. For example, Paul calls Peter by his Aramaic nickname “Cephas,” not Simon or Peter; he refers to “the twelve,” Luke to “the eleven”; Luke does not mention the appearances to James or the five hundred. Thus Paul and Luke give us independent accounts of the appearances they both mention.

CLOPAS AND THAT OTHER GUY. Luke gives the name of one of the two men on the road to Emmaus who saw Jesus (Clopas) but not the name of the other man. If he was making up names he would presumably have given both of the men names. The fact that he identifies only one of the two men by name is best explained if that man, Clopas, was the source of Luke’s account. In short, this fact is evidence that the account came from an eyewitness.

BROTHER JAMES. Although Luke does not mention the resurrection appearance to James (the Lord’s brother) mentioned by Paul in 1 Corinthians 6, Luke does report that James had become a leading member of the apostolic group (see especially Acts 15:13-21). Since Jesus’ brothers had rejected Jesus during his lifetime (John 7:5), Paul’s reference to Christ appearing to James is probably based on fact.

JOHN’S EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT. The author of the Gospel of John emphatically states that he was an eyewitness of the death of Jesus, of the empty tomb, and of resurrection appearances of Jesus (John 19:32-35; 20:2-9; 21:7, 20-25). Either he sincerely had these experiences or he was lying; appeals to legend or myth are out of the question here.

ANCIENT SKEPTICISM. Luke reports the skepticism of the men disciples the morning the tomb was found empty (Luke 24:22-24), and John reports Thomas’s skepticism about Jesus’ resurrection (John 20:24-26). These accounts (see also Acts 17:32; 1 Cor. 15:12) demonstrate that the perception of ancient people as gullible hayseeds who would believe any miracle story is a modern prejudicial stereotype.

PAUL’S CONVERSION. Paul was a notorious persecutor of the early Christians prior to his becoming an apostle. His explanation, that Christ appeared to him and called him to faith and the apostolic ministry, is the only plausible explanation for his 180-degree change. Moreover, Paul’s experience was entirely independent of the experience of the other apostles.

PAUL’S GENTILE MISSION. Paul’s encounter with the risen Jesus did not result merely in him accepting Jesus as the Jews’ Messiah. Instead, he saw himself, a trained and zealous Pharisee, as commissioned by Jesus to take the good news of the Messiah to uncircumcised Gentiles. The fact that Paul embraced such a calling against his former passionate beliefs and training makes any appeal to hallucination or delusion implausible.

http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2013/03/14-evidences-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus-christ-and-14-references/?nabe=6241452902318080:0

Conspiracy theories...what a crap!

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by simplex2: 7:54am On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The New Testament was written in Greek, even Muhammad in his apparent contradiction of the suras, called the New Testament 'injil' i.e. Good News. I consider the Qur'an as also a confirmation of the Holy Bible.

Your response in no way deals with the point I raised. Joseph is a jewish name, why didn't the Greeks substitute it? All the 12 disciples names were all jewish, same as the apostles and others. Why did the Greeks decide to change your messiah's name to one of theirs?

Your last statement is a direct contradiction to your believe. Is the quoran now a standard for confirmation of truth? Can we then go ahead and say that all that is contained in the quoran is the truth, nothing but the truth? Because it will not be right to pick passages from the quoran that supports your claim and throw out the rest.

Please if you're going to quote me, tackle the issues I raised and not raising more issues as we'll end up going around in circles.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ajf(m): 7:57am On Apr 05, 2015
Lol. EVIDENCE?! And you are quoting a book the people you are trying to convince are disputing in the first place.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mankand(m): 8:01am On Apr 05, 2015
Dude save yourself the stress, he never lived, he never existed. Historians, archaeologists have proved that nothing like him ever lived with documented facts.

He only lived in your mind. None of the characters in the Bible ever lived, the biblical stories were all folklores

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Misogynist2014(m): 8:07am On Apr 05, 2015
simplex2:

Your response in no way deals with the point I raised. Joseph is a jewish name, why didn't the Greeks substitute it? All the 12 disciples names were all jewish, same as the apostles and others. Why did the Greeks decide to change your messiah's name to one of theirs?

Your last statement is a direct contradiction to your believe. Is the quoran now a standard for confirmation of truth? Can we then go ahead and say that all that is contained in the quoran is the truth, nothing but the truth? Because it will not be right to pick passages from the quoran that supports your claim and throw out the rest.

Please if you're going to quote me, tackle the issues I raised and not raising more issues as we'll end up going around in circles.
A lot of questions can be solved on Google, but maybe its because you see it as a means of chatting. I haven't read this link, but it is one of my most trusted websites http://www.gotquestions.org/Yeshua-Jesus.html
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Misogynist2014(m): 8:12am On Apr 05, 2015
mankand:
Dude save yourself the stress, he never lived, he never existed. Historians, archaeologists have proved that nothing like him ever lived with documented facts.

He only lived in your mind. None of the characters in the Bible ever lived, the biblical stories were all folklores
You're so funny. All historians and archeologists!? Jesus exists, my dear friend. If He didn't, Christians and even His disciples, except John would not have suffered persecution in vain.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by EternalBeing: 8:21am On Apr 05, 2015
Kerosene should even be more cheaper. I hope we'll build new refineries soon, I believe in a better Nigeria.
Happy Easter to all NLanders. You can't tell me nothing as long as JESUS death and resurrection is concerned, I know the truth! I was a Moslem who was much into herbalist things. One day, I felt there must be a genuine way to connect to the Creator so I started researching. Nobody preached to me, I sought for the Truth. It's has been proved by pagan historians and scientists alike that JESUS is the Truth, of cause their own discoveries got them converted. [b]Quran and Bible agrees that JESUS is the only human that has been alive for over 2,000 years; that He is the only one that has seen the great Creator and He's still in Heaven with the Creator, hence He's the only one that can truly take us to the Creator. Whether he was killed or not is not the question but the fact that only a Supernatural Being could have been alive for over 2,000 years now, even Mohammed is still in the tomb. I still wonder why Imams are always silent on this:

According to Islam Jesus was raised up to God
(Quran 4:158). To make the analogy, God carried Jesus up
to heaven at some point during Jesus' life.

Quran 3:55
"And when Allah said: O Isa (JESUS), I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection"

Scientific proof of JESUS' life, death and resurrection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M__TSoVwVSs&itct=CDsQpDAYASITCKed7OLF3sQCFZZ-HAodLUUAC1IeZXZpZGVuY2Ugb2YgSmVzdXMgcmVzc3VyZWN0aW9u&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

Historical evidence of JESUS' life, death and resurrection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXF8Nf4zO0&itct=CAsQpDAYESITCKed7OLF3sQCFZZ-HAodLUUAC1IeZXZpZGVuY2Ugb2YgSmVzdXMgcmVzc3VyZWN0aW9u&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

Must watch evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_Db4RwZ_M&itct=CBQQpDAYDiITCKed7OLF3sQCFZZ-HAodLUUAC1IeZXZpZGVuY2Ugb2YgSmVzdXMgcmVzc3VyZWN0aW9u&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnsKZa0uOJ0&itct=CBoQpDAYAyITCN-un-nH3sQCFUWwHAod4RwAxzIHcmVsYXRlZEirqsGrqOn0_zM%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB

Accept JESUS as your personal Lord, Saviour and Owner today before it's too late. Your glorious Destiny and Eternity is guaranteed and secured in HIM. JESUS is eternally LORD over all!
[/b]

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by EternalBeing: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter to all NLanders. You can't tell me nothing as long as JESUS death and resurrection is concerned, I know the truth! I was a Moslem who was much into herbalist things. One day, I felt there must be a genuine way to connect to the Creator so I started researching. Nobody preached to me, I sought for the Truth. It's has been proved by pagan historians and scientists alike that JESUS is the Truth, of cause their own discoveries got them converted. [b]Quran and Bible agrees that JESUS is the only human that has been alive for over 2,000 years; that He is the only one that has seen the great Creator and He's still in Heaven with the Creator, hence He's the only one that can truly take us to the Creator. Whether he was killed or not is not the question but the fact that only a Supernatural Being could have been alive with GOD for over 2,000 years now, even Mohammed is still in the tomb. I still wonder why Imams are always silent on this:

"And when Allah said: O Isa (JESUS), I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M__TSoVwVSs&itct=CDsQpDAYASITCKed7OLF3sQCFZZ-HAodLUUAC1IeZXZpZGVuY2Ugb2YgSmVzdXMgcmVzc3VyZWN0aW9u&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXF8Nf4zO0&itct=CAsQpDAYESITCKed7OLF3sQCFZZ-HAodLUUAC1IeZXZpZGVuY2Ugb2YgSmVzdXMgcmVzc3VyZWN0aW9u&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

Must watch evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_Db4RwZ_M&itct=CBQQpDAYDiITCKed7OLF3sQCFZZ-HAodLUUAC1IeZXZpZGVuY2Ugb2YgSmVzdXMgcmVzc3VyZWN0aW9u&gl=NG&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnsKZa0uOJ0&itct=CBoQpDAYAyITCN-un-nH3sQCFUWwHAod4RwAxzIHcmVsYXRlZEirqsGrqOn0_zM%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB

Accept JESUS as your personal Lord, Saviour and Owner today before it's too late. Your glorious Destiny and Eternity is guaranteed and secured in HIM. JESUS is eternally LORD over all!
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by dalaman: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You're so funny. All historians and archeologists!? Jesus exists, my dear friend. If He didn't, Christians and even His disciples, except John would not have suffered persecution in vain.

Stories of his disciples suffering came hundreds of years later by the church to strengthen the faith of believers at that time. The stories of Jesus were written by Christians who lived at least 40 -100 years after Jesus supposedly died. Non of the authors of the gospels was an eye witness.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Trustworthiness: 8:26am On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:

The Quran did not confirm the Bible. The Quran only confirms the true book called Injil given to Jesus by God Almighty and not the bible. That is why, God inform the Muslims in the Quran that, if what you call the word of God, why there is discrepancies in it. That is, if the bible is truly holy and from God, the discrepancies and inconsistencies in the bible won't be there in the bible in the first place.

So, do not use the Quran to justify the misconceptions of you Christians as the Quran and the teachings of Islam is very clear and without ambiguity.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by EternalBeing: 8:26am On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter to all NLanders. You can't tell me nothing as far as JESUS death and resurrection is concerned, I know the truth! I was a Moslem who was much into herbalist things. One day, I felt there must be a genuine way to connect to the Creator so I started researching. Nobody preached to me, I sought for the Truth. It's has been proved by pagan historians and scientists alike that JESUS is the Truth, of cause their own discoveries got them converted. [b]Quran and Bible agrees that JESUS is the only human that has been alive for over 2,000 years; that He is the only one that has seen the great Creator and He's still in Heaven with the Creator, hence He's the only one that can truly take us to the Creator. Whether he was killed or not is not the question but the fact that only a Supernatural Being could have been alive with GOD for over 2,000 years now, even Mohammed is still in the tomb. I still wonder why Imams are always silent on this:

Must watch evidence:

[/b]

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by johnydon22(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2015
simplex2:

Actually those names were substituted. Jospeh is not the jewish representation of that name, it should be something like "Yosef" and the letter "J" is a recent addition to english.

The name Jesus was spelt "iesus" before the addition of the letter "J".

The name "John" should something like "Yohanna" in hebrew and "ionnes" in old latin cum old english only the Recent english spells "John".

But yet their isn't evidence to support the historicity of the Jesus figure tho. Even Nazareth where he allegedly came from wasn't in existence until 2nd century AD.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by johnydon22(m): 8:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
A lot of questions can be solved on Google, but maybe its because you see it as a means of chatting. I haven't read this link, but it is one of my most trusted websites http://www.gotquestions.org/Yeshua-Jesus.html
Gotquestions.org is a christian apologetic website, why wouldn't it coincide with what you believe

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by markettray: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2015
Please you do have a point in your idea of Evidence, nevertheless your idea and points stands only if you are in doubt of the accounts in the Bible. Please consider these lines of fact and tell me what you think:
1. Achealogist & historians have scintifically proven the age of the bible manuscript/writtings to be ascient some 100's of years before the emmergence of science. And they went a step further to confirm as a historical fact names, customs and towns in the bible with 100% accuracy.
2. If it has been confirmed that a man named JOB in the Bible exist in history and his writtings verified. Then take note that the authority of the Bible is not even based on the scientific and achealogical verifications of Names, events and towns in the Bible but on the fulfillment of Prophetic predictions therein. For example JOB claimed over 4000years ago that God told him that He is God that sits upon the Centre of the Earth and hold the earth upon nothing. This prediction is made somany years before scientist discovered that the earth is spherical/round in shape and that it hangs on nothing Proving the Bible account of JOB to be correct. Time will fail me to give you other instances about the Bible fulfillment accounts like the increase of knowledge in the last days, the drying of the euphrates river, the indepence of Isreal as a nation and etc. It is obvious through a logical and scientific point of view in regards to the Evidence you seek by either induction or deduction that the Bible stories are indeed a historical fact and its prophecies for the present and the future is infallible.
InvertedHammer:

/
Requoting verses in the bible is in itself not an evidence.

Do you know the meaning of evidence?
\

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 05, 2015
aminho:
Even we Muslims believe that Jesus is coming back
Yes! But we did not believe he was crucified but rather,Allah elevated him up to save him from his enemy and he will surely come back to the world and kill that antichrist demon and he will finally die as a muslim.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by trustman: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2015
davien:

Most antiquities scholars think that the New Testament gospels are “mythologized history.”
In other words, they think that around the start of the first century a controversial Jewish rabbi named Yeshua ben Yosef gathered a following and his life and teachings provided the seed that grew into Christianity.

The rest are answered here...

c
Does he think Julius Caesar existed ?
If so based on what?
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

\
The Roman historian and
Senator,Cornelius Tacitus, born about
55 C.E. and considered one of the world’s
greatest historians, referred to Christ, his
execution by Pontius Pilate and the
existence of early Christians in Rome
in his final work, Annals (Book 15,
Chapter 44).
We would not expect Roman historians to
say much about an apparently small
religious movement in faraway Palestine.
However, the foremost Roman historian,
Tacitus, tells of Emperor Nero fastening
the blame for the burning of Rome upon
those “called Christians by the
populace. Cristus, from whom the
name had its origin, suffered the
extreme penalty during the reign of
Tiberius at the hands of one of our
procurators, Pontius Pilatus.” (The
Complete Works of Tacitus, translated
by A. Church and W. Brodribb, p. 380)
The “extreme penalty” that the Romans
administered on a person is death by
execution. Thus, this Roman historian
not only testified that Jesus was put to
death but he also named “Pontius
Pilatus” as the person who sent Jesus to
his death. The Annals is Tacitus’s finest
work and is acknowledged by modern
historians as our best source of
information about this period of time in
history. Now compare how accurately the
historical account of Tacitus agrees with
the account recorded earlier in the Holy
Bible:
Mark 15:15: “At that Pilate, wishing
to satisfy the crowd, released
Barabbas to them, and, after having
Jesus whipped, he handed him over
to be impaled.”
Matthew 27:26: “Then he released
Barabbas to them, but he had Jesus
whipped and handed him over to be
impaled.”
Luke 23:24-25: “So Pilate gave
sentence for their demand to be met:
he released the man that had been
thrown into prison for sedition and
murder and whom they were
demanding, but he surrendered
Jesus to their will.”

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2015
gearcoin:

Yes! But we did not believe he was crucified but rather,Allah elevated him up to save him from his enemy and he will surely come back to the world and kill that antichrist demon and he will finally die as a muslim.
Jesus died and was ressurected, why will God waited for 600 years before sending muhammed to say"they crucified him not?thoes that died before the coming of muhammed,who will be blame for believing Jesus died and ressurected? Allah or satan?
Read this thread for proved in the quran Jesus died https://www.nairaland.com/2008614/evidences-death-jesus-quran-prove

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Bigshiko(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2015
Atmmachine:
Now tell me , who wrote the bible ??
Religion is a propaganda used in brain washing people.
mumu wen u die u understand
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Bigshiko(m): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2015
Trustworthiness:

The position of the Quran is clear. Jesus christ is a prophet and messenger of God sent only to the children of Israel only and not to the whole world.

He is not God nor Son of God but a prophet and a messenger given a holy book called Injil (ie The Gospel) and not Bible. The bible means collection of books.

He is alive and not crucified by anybody. He did not die for anybodies sin. Even the bible made us to understand that he(Jesus) did not want to die. That is why, according to the bible, he said while on the cross: God, God why did you forsake me. Which means he did not expect God to abandon him when he needs God to rescue him from the hands of those that planned to killed him through crucifixion.

So, there is no plan between him and God to die for anybody sins. This is a misconceptions.
u are entitled to ur own opinion, read ur quran and leave christianity alone..
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by sacora(f): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2015
Petito pricipii - begging the question....
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by holyokoto(m): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2015
Unbias:
JESUS’ EXISTENCE. That Jesus was a historical individual is granted by virtually all historians and is supported by ancient Christian, Jewish, and pagan sources. Yet modern skeptics often feel that their best strategy for denying the evidence of his resurrection is to deny that he even existed.

JESUS’ DEATH. The most popular counter to the Resurrection in non-Christian and heretical beliefs is to deny that Jesus died on the cross (e.g., this is the position of Islam). However, historians regard the death of Jesus by crucifixion as ordered by Pontius Pilate to be as historically certain as any other fact of antiquity.
/?nabe=6241452902318080:0

Since you can't present the exact date and period of Jesus Birth and Death , then His Bieth Death and resurrection can not be Historical.

Luke 3:23 said Jesus was 30 years and in verse 1 in the 15th year of Tiberus Ceaser The 15th year of Tiberius Ceaser was exactly 28AD which will place Jesus Birth at 2BC. Matthew said Jesus was born when Herod the great was Tetrach of Judea. Herod the great died 4BC. Hence The story can not be Historical/ Luke 2:1 to 3 said Jesus was born when Quirinus was Governor of Syria, Quirinus Censor was year 6 AD 10 years after the death of Herod the Great.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by synergycom19: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

\
So what other evidence did you want?
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Misogynist2014(m): 10:54am On Apr 05, 2015
Trustworthiness:

The Quran did not confirm the Bible. The Quran only confirms the true book called Injil given to Jesus by God Almighty and not the bible. That is why, God inform the Muslims in the Quran that, if what you call the word of God, why there is discrepancies in it. That is, if the bible is truly holy and from God, the discrepancies and inconsistencies in the bible won't be there in the bible in the first place.

So, do not use the Quran to justify the misconceptions of you Christians as the Quran and the teachings of Islam is very clear and without ambiguity.
Glory be to Allah, there are no discrepancies in The injil and Torah, not ONE , which was confirmed and endorsed by the prophet of Allah (peace of Allah be unto him).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Church Bars Black People From Attending Its Service / Charles Omole: Biodun Fatoyinbo May Not Be Convicted, Busola Has No Evidence / Apostle Suleman & His Wife Rock Matching Outfit For A Video Shoot(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.