Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71891 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:10am On May 01, 2015
trustman:

Statistician grin grin grin

No, computer scientist actually.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 6:31am On May 01, 2015
deborah777:
Thank you. . First KJV bible for me whom english is not mother language is bit complicated

with its ancient english.

But as i have learned first century greek in seminary some years ago i checked it out from greek
and for tongues is used glossa and for speaking kjv divers used genos and for intepretation hermeneia which is interesting

itself.and the phenomen of speaking in tongues is called in science i think glossalia.
It is not needed intepretation always.
It's good to know we have a confessed Greek aficionado in the building
Sorry for digressing a bit
but this temporary departure might be a blessing in disguise that could slay the proverbial dragon and a thousand or more demons
It can put a lot of believers to shame for their hypocrisies, obstinacies, legalisms, religion practices and rigid attitudes.

deborah777, what is there to know about GREEK, what can you share with us about Greek
How did the ancient Greek write texts
What should we be aware of concerning these text written, ancient or otherwise
However you're led in the spirit, please give us brief explanations on how Greek translating or translation evolved
if you dont mind, please share your knowledge so we all can learn from it and know how to have an edge too.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 7:51pm On May 01, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

It's good to know we have a confessed Greek aficionado in the building
Sorry for digressing a bit
but this temporary departure might be a blessing in disguise that could slay the proverbial dragon and a thousand or more demons
It can put a lot of believers to shame for their hypocrisies, obstinacies, legalisms, religion practices and rigid attitudes.

deborah777, what is there to know about GREEK, what can you share with us about Greek
How did the ancient Greek write texts
What should we be aware of concerning these text written, ancient or otherwise
However you're led in the spirit, please give us brief explanations on how Greek translating or translation evolved
if you dont mind, please share your knowledge so we all can learn from it and know how to have an edge too.
i studied the 1st greek language five years ago in seminary and i have not practized it much recently. right now i can say only that in greek the words are very meaningful ie they can have different meanings.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2015
^^
It's not Gombs, and you need not answer his Greek mumbo jumbo cool

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 9:12pm On May 01, 2015
deborah777:
Hi Combs i studied the 1st greek language five years ago in seminary
and i have not practized it much recently.
right now i can say only that in greek the words are very meaningful ie they can have different meanings.
What was in the syllabus?
How beneficial has your exposure to Greek been to you.
Are you able to share a few examples of the benefits gained from learning Greek language?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 5:13am On May 02, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

What was in the syllabus?
How beneficial has your exposure to Greek been to you.
Are you able to share a few examples of the benefits gained from learning Greek language?

Well i do not remember, it was long time ago. What it teached to me was what i already said that in greek words can be different meanings and in english it all depends on translator choice what he or she thinks is better word to express the greek meaning of the word.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 6:36am On May 02, 2015
deborah777:
Well i do not remember, it was long time ago.
It is OK, if you do not remember because it was a long time ago
Just wanted to have an idea of what exactly in Greek you were taught, and especially since you learned the Greek from a seminary
Please do not let your Greek talent lie fallow, because the phrase "a skill not used, is a skill lost", rings true.

deborah777:
What it teached to me was what i already said that in greek words can be different meanings
and in english it all depends on translator choice what he or she thinks is better word to express the greek meaning of the word
The bolded above, "all depends on translator choice what he or she thinks is better" which you shared is actually true in more ways than one, and so very interesting.

The translator's struggle with exact word translations is a well know thing everyone is aware of
and it is different to what my curiosity is mainly about.
I am, more curious, to know about OTHER things on and about Greek taught in the seminary.

Wanted to know whether in the seminary, you were taught that the words or wordings in ancient Greeks writings had no spaces between them, they initially did not have punctuations and were all, always in capital cases

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 11:18am On May 02, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

It is OK, if you do not remember because it was a long time ago
Just wanted to have an idea of what exactly in Greek you were taught, and especially since you learned the Greek from a seminary
Please do not let your Greek talent lie fallow, because the phrase "a skill not used, is a skill lost", rings true.

The bolded above, "all depends on translator choice what he or she thinks is better" which you shared is actually true in more ways than one, and so very interesting.

The translator's struggle with exact word translations is a well know thing everyone is aware of
and it is different to what my curiosity is mainly about.
I am, more curious, to know about OTHER things on and about Greek taught in the seminary.

Wanted to know whether in the seminary, you were taught that the words or wordings in ancient Greeks writings had no spaces between them, they initially did not have punctuations and were all, always in capital cases
Yes i know that in original text there is no titles for example. Not sure in this what you said about punctuation or spaces. I just studied bit grammatics of the ancient greek and in seminary we read nt in greek and tried to translate it.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 6:07am On May 04, 2015
Winsomex,
There is an old thread here on ROR. The question was whether the publication is fraudulent. And as usual, Joagbaje attempted a lame defense of it.
https://www.nairaland.com/860680/rhapsody-realities-really-scam

I ran into a lady who supplied me with the devotional and she was disillusioned.
Like MLMs the ones committing to distributing the most and the ones who actually did were feted. The lady ended up with dozens of the diols she had bought but could not find anybody too give. That surprised me because we have always bought them from her. Said that like Jehovah witnesses,they are supposed to 'distribute' and if possible sell them. Her terms were quite flexible, you could even pay after 3 months. The cash is remitted back to the church. Members contribute towards publishing. Then they buy the devotionals. And finally SOME consumers buy them

Anyway, the church budget shot through the roof and they were called upon to 'commit'. The figures were astronomical and the congregation revolted. Then the pastor had a birthday. And like Oyaks, they were pushed to PAY him for growing old. she could not handle it anymore, she left.

All cults add works to grace as salvation formula. SDAs have so much elevated the sabbath that breaking it is the mark of the Beast. The added works are used to subdue members, to control them. You are always in danger for breaching these, in danger of hellfire. CEC is one place 'giving' is idolized. No wonder Jeff told SirJohn he caught a virus because of failure to offer first fruits. Sadly, unlike other sects which go out of their way to document their doctrines, you won't run into any literature on the subject. These are basically unwritten rules but are firmly in place.

As you research, consider how much of doctrine and mandatory practices are seldom documented nowhere

Cc deborah777

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 6:14am On May 04, 2015
^^^

Precisely. I hope Gombs is reading.

And I'm surprised he has suddenly stopped following the Facebook discussion. Or the statistics have discouraged him?

Pls, vooks, keep an eye on that lady. She can lapse into atheism. Show her a thread like this and explain to her that God has just saved her from a cult.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:35am On May 04, 2015
WinsomeX:
^^^

I sure am. wink

And I'm surprised he has suddenly stopped following the Facebook discussion. Or the statistics have discouraged him?

Yup.. Nothing serious was going on there. It is another failed thread.

Pls, vooks, keep an eye on that lady. She can lapse into atheism. Show her a thread like this and explain to her that God has just saved her from a cult.

grin grin
Vooks to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:50am On May 04, 2015
vooks:
Winsomex,
There is an old thread here on ROR. The question was whether the publication is fraudulent. And as usual, Joagbaje attempted a lame defense of it.

I ran into a lady who supplied me with the devotional and she was disillusioned.
Like MLMs the ones committing to distributing the most and the ones who actually did were feted. The lady ended up with dozens of the diols she had bought but could not find anybody too give. That surprised me because we have always bought them from her. Said that like Jehovah witnesses,they are supposed to 'distribute' and if possible sell them. Her terms were quite flexible, you could even pay after 3 months. The cash is remitted back to the church. Members contribute towards publishing. Then they buy the devotionals. And finally SOME consumers buy them

Anyway, the church budget shot through the roof and they were called upon to 'commit'. The figures were astronomical and the congregation revolted. Then the pastor had a birthday. And like Oyaks, they were pushed to PAY him for growing old. she could not handle it anymore, she left.

All cults add works to grace as salvation formula. SDAs have so much elevated the sabbath that breaking it is the mark of the Beast. The added works are used to subdue members, to control them. You are always in danger for breaching these, in danger of hellfire. CEC is one place 'giving' is idolized. No wonder Jeff told SirJohn he caught a virus because of failure to offer first fruits. Sadly, unlike other sects which go out of their way to document their doctrines, you won't run into any literature on the subject. These are basically unwritten rules but are firmly in place.

As you research, consider how much of doctrine and mandatory practices are seldom documented nowhere

Cc deborah777

I was about asking when you guys would attack the ROR. Turns out I wasn't thinking too much. Nice one.

Well, your statement here is your words against any others, and one person's experience cannot and should not be a yardstick to generalize.

ROR is encouraged to be bought by brethren and distribute for free to those in their sphere of contact. It is however not compulsory.

It's been selling for N150 for over 10 years even though with world class printing. When brethren pay for these materials, the monies go to different channels to keep the work going. For example, staff would have to be paid, how about the printers and print materials? What about translators, most of which do these voluntarily, but however, a stipend is given in appreciation? How about cost of delivery to point of 'consumption'? Flight or haulage cost across the world? What about custom duties? Etc.

You cannot just sit somewhere and assume frivolous things all in a bid to call a dog a bad name so that you can hang it.

The congregation revolted? Too much nollywood is telling on you buddy! grin

As for 'commitment', the other day, folks gave largely alot gave commitment when I visited Joagbaje's church. They 'adopted' the nation of Sudan for a while now, and send ROR and Bibles to the folks there... To be distributed for free... Some folks here paid for it, to be given free to change lives in Sudan that has less than 2%Christians. That's what we do with our monies... Stop being on the negative always

Nobody forces anybody to Celebrate their pastor, most do it lavishly out of love... I do that too, alot. In CE, we do not idolize giving, it is our life, as you can see in our anthem (I'm surprised the anthem hasn't be labeled cultic ie cults have anthems bla bla)... All we know is a life of giving... wink

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 7:32am On May 04, 2015
Gombs:

I was about asking when you guys would attack the ROR. Turns out I wasn't thinking too much. Nice one.
Noted. Just in case you decide to edit.

Well, your statement here is your words against any others, and one person's experience cannot and should not be a yardstick to generalize.
Sure, Oyaks equally is not divorced

ROR is encouraged to be bought by brethren and distribute for free to those in their sphere of contact. It is however not compulsory.

'Encouraged'......BUT 'not compulsory'

It's been selling for N150 for over 10 years even though with world class printing. When brethren pay for these materials, the monies go to different channels to keep the work going. For example, staff would have to be paid, how about the printers and print materials? What about translators, most of which do these voluntarily, but however, a stipend is given in appreciation? How about cost of delivery to point of 'consumption'? Flight or haulage cost across the world? What about custom duties? Etc.
Joagbaje spewed this garbage. 2 years before. It costs something is obvious. Costs you pay through publishing offerings, then you buy the copies. That makes it twice. And finally, some in the 'sphere of influence' of CEC members buy them...selling the same thing thrice cool

You cannot just sit somewhere and assume frivolous things all in a bid to call a dog a bad name so that you can hang it.
You can't just sit there and cook unintelligent apology bro. Now, slither back from wherever you came from and let Winsomex and others respond

The targets were hastily withdrawn

As for 'commitment', the other day, folks gave largely alot gave commitment when I visited Joagbaje's church. They 'adopted' the nation of Sudan for a while now, and send ROR and Bibles to the folks there... To be distributed for free... Some folks here paid for it, to be given free to change lives in Sudan that has less than 2%Christians. That's what we do with our monies... Stop being on the negative always
'Commit' or catch a virus

Nobody forces anybody to Celebrate their pastor, most do it lavishly out of love... I do that too, alot. In CE, we do not idolize giving, it is our life, as you can see in our anthem (I'm surprised the anthem hasn't be labeled cultic ie cults have anthems bla bla)... All we know is a life of giving... wink
High pressure tactics. You do it out of love for your lives, your eternity is at stake

3 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 7:57am On May 04, 2015
Gombs:

Just to let you know that some of us have close contacts with CE members so please when responding to these things don't do as if you're writing to novices on your activities.
Clearly hero- worship of pastors thrives in CE. Members are therefore PRESSURED to give toward their birthdays. Is giving towards your Pastors' birthdays not usually driven as a group thing? Because many of these things are unwritten should not make you defend your sect unreasonably.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by seedgreen(m): 8:01am On May 04, 2015
trustman:
[size=6pt][/size]
Just to let you know that some of us have close contacts with CE members so please when responding to these things don't do as if you're writing to novices on your activities.
Clearly hero- worship of pastors thrives in CE. Members are therefore PRESSURED to give toward their birthdays. Is giving towards your Pastors' birthdays not usually driven as a group thing? Because many of these things are unwritten should not make you defend your sect unreasonably.
and how many times are ee going treat this particular issue?from one topic to the other. I dont feel surprised, just disapointed. grin
Tot by now you should have been eating strong meat? But since you want to continue wit loyal milk, we will treat you that way. Beat it

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 8:13am On May 04, 2015
WinsomeX:
^^^

Last Wednesday I referred a buddy of mine this strange Oyaks exhortation to prayerlessness. He is a long time ardent fan or Oyaks, always ceaselessly sharing how 'powerful' and 'wise' he is. The divorce saga somewhat slowed his adoration but he was still praising him.

Oyaks point as readily regurgitated by Gombs on another thread here is simple; believers have power of God they received at the baptism of the Spirit and prayers don't add nothing to it. A prayerless Christian and a prayerful one have the same power. I aksd my friend just as I aksd Gombs what the essence of prayer is in that case. Gombs as expected played dumb, ignored it. My friend on the other hand went on a day long soul searching trying to make sense of the piece. So we met yesterday and he told me he is convinced that's a doctrine of Devils; teaching prayerlessness. That's what Oyaks did in an attempt to debunk an old cliche 'a prayerless Christian a powerless christian'. Funny enough, he contradicts his own teachings on James 5:16

If only CEC sheeple thought through the garbage they are routinely served some would open their eyes like my friend. Of course pride comes into play. You just don't believe you can be wrong after all these years. Then you have numbers, the thousands of tongue speakers all around you. How can they all be wrong? You seek refuge in numbers.

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 9:11am On May 04, 2015
^^^ Gombs... your response, please.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by estacyresource: 9:12am On May 04, 2015
Prophetic Instinct Leads Woman to Save Her Husband's Life

http://chriistianityupdate..com/2015/05/prophetic-instinct-leads-woman-to-save.html

1 Share

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2015
[quote author=trustman post=33398783][size=6pt][/size]

You never stop your deceptive stratagem. I fear for you. You know nothing about CE except old wives tales and WX's threads. Don't even try going judicial with me.

Clearly hero- worship of pastors thrives in CE. Members are therefore PRESSURED to give toward their birthdays.

Oh well... Winsomex, this is another pointer for why CE is a cult. wink

Is giving towards your Pastors' birthdays not usually driven as a group thing? Because many of these things are unwritten should not make you defend your sect unreasonably.

undecided
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2015
vooks:

[s]Last Wednesday I referred a buddy of mine this strange Oyaks exhortation to prayerlessness. He is a long time ardent fan or Oyaks, always ceaselessly sharing how 'powerful' and 'wise' he is. The divorce saga somewhat slowed his adoration but he was still praising him.

Oyaks point as readily regurgitated by Gombs on another thread here is simple; believers have power of God they received at the baptism of the Spirit and prayers don't add nothing to it. A prayerless Christian and a prayerful one have the same power. I aksd my friend just as I aksd Gombs what the essence of prayer is in that case. Gombs as expected played dumb, ignored it. My friend on the other hand went on a day long soul searching trying to make sense of the piece. So we met yesterday and he told me he is convinced that's a doctrine of Devils; teaching prayerlessness. That's what Oyaks did in an attempt to debunk an old cliche 'a prayerless Christian a powerless christian'. Funny enough, he contradicts his own teachings on James 5:16

If only CEC sheeple thought through the garbage they are routinely served some would open their eyes like my friend. Of course pride comes into play. You just don't believe you can be wrong after all these years. Then you have numbers, the thousands of tongue speakers all around you. How can they all be wrong? You seek refuge in numbers.[/s]

It's obvious you're trying to outdo the devil in lying. Pastor Chris never taught a Christian should not pray, in fact he's written nooks on prayer, tapes on the power of prayer and I can gladly mail you some.

Pastors Chris taught that you didn't get power because you prayed, the Holy Spirit that you received brought in the power. Prayer stirs up that power. It's like have fuel in your generator...if you don't power on the generator, you won't have power to light your house or electronics.

Prayer in this line is the act of powering on the generator, (stiring up the power in us by the Spirit of God), when we pray, we make power available. You don't pray "o Lord, I need power over situations and circumstances"

Stop making up stories to suit your failed cause. It's unhealthy and belittling. Check out other ROR where he taught about prayer... Now you're saying he's teaching prayerlessness.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/16#12382863

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/16#12413300

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/2#5647646

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/16#12462066

How many more do you want? Note, those links up there were not for you to check... But for readers who you subtly try to mislead. This is the same man who organizes prayer times and points for his brethren every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for over 2 years.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 3:33pm On May 04, 2015
vooks:
Winsomex,

Cc deborah777
Cc to me? Why? Yes i have organized ror translation team in my country and get payed for this. Thru that work one lady got her dream job and made away very hard exam to become court translator in my country. When i had not started with that i might be dead because my break up was so painful and ror helped to get my thoughtsto somewhere, it gave me new hope....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 4:08pm On May 04, 2015
deborah777:

Cc to me? Why? Yes i have organized ror translation team in my country and get payed for this. Thru that work one lady got her dream job and made away very hard exam to become court translator in my country. When i had not started with that i might be dead because my break up was so painful and ror helped to get my thoughtsto somewhere, it gave me new hope....

This testimony should be archived. It's one of many testimonies I've read and heard recently about the impact of ROR in the lives of many.

Ma'am, may God continue to bless you as you impact the world with the gospel of Christ. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 6:37pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=Gombs post=33403652][/quote]
Now tell us who's being deceptive; me who simply stated facts and asked you question OR you who instead of addressing the issues and question chose your usual defense mechanism?

Another question which attempt ONLY if you know the answer, otherwise remain silent: what is prayer?
A very very simple definition will do.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 8:03pm On May 04, 2015
Gombs:

This testimony should be archived. It's one of many testimonies I've read and heard recently about the impact of ROR in the lives of many.

Ma'am, may God continue to bless you as you impact the world with the gospel of Christ. Amen

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:33pm On May 04, 2015
trustman:

what is prayer?
A very very simple definition will do.

Since God already knows what’s on our
minds, and what we need, why then do we need to pray?" You might want to ask. First, prayer isn’t all about asking God for what you need; rather, and more importantly, prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/23#19708116

cool
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by seedgreen(m): 11:53pm On May 04, 2015
[quote author=trustman post=33417647]
Now tell us who's being deceptive; me who simply stated facts and asked you question OR you who instead of addressing the issues and question chose your usual defense mechanism?
Another question which attempt ONLY if you know the answer, otherwise remain silent: what is prayer?
A very very simple definition will do. [/quoteDownload The Free Audio Message From Pastor Chris.
'PRAYER THAT WORKS'. Click Here ---> http:///wQ9xopbQL7

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 10:27pm On May 05, 2015
Gombs:

First, words have defined meanings.
Secondly, the Christian is not at liberty to change words to suit himself. Prayer, as with all issues taught in the Bible, must be understood from how the Scripture, properly explained (not any other source or anyone else), states it to be.
Thirdly, prayer, properly situated, is addressed to God and no one else.
Fourthly, to help us, the Bible has numerous examples of prayer and the Lord Jesus’ model prayer given at the request of his disciples to help us better understand what prayer is.
Fifthly, prayer is our expression of faith and trust in God.

Prayer, biblical prayer then, is simply a request or some other expression (e.g. thanks) by a subordinate – the believer, addressed to a superior – God.

Now you can see how your “romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind” goes way off what true biblical prayer is.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:24pm On May 05, 2015
trustman:

First, words have defined meanings.
Secondly, the Christian is not at liberty to change words to suit himself. Prayer, as with all issues taught in the Bible, must be understood from how the Scripture, properly explained (not any other source or anyone else), states it to be.
Thirdly, prayer, properly situated, is addressed to God and no one else.
Fourthly, to help us, the Bible has numerous examples of prayer and the Lord Jesus’ model prayer given at the request of his disciples to help us better understand what prayer is.
Fifthly, prayer is our expression of faith and trust in God.

Prayer, biblical prayer then, is simply a request or some other expression (e.g. thanks) by a subordinate – the believer, addressed to a superior – God.

Now you can see how your “romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind” goes way off what true biblical prayer is.

I can see now that someone's caught the goose pimple on sighting the word "ROMANCE of righteousness". grin
It's quite funny some folks appears to be allergic to "informal expressions" with God here.
If I may ask; When you communicate with your father, will your style of communication be formal or informal?
What would you have Jesus himself say in John 14:23 instead of, " If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. "?
Emotional expressions to God (our Father) is a cultic trait as well I guess?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:04am On May 06, 2015
trustman:

First, prayer isn’t all about asking God for what you need;
rather, and more importantly, prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind.
cool cool

Prayer is more importantly a time of fellowship with the Father. Your problem with the above is the word 'romance', which I think WX should induct as one of CE cultic terms.

Go read all Paul's prayers, you may understand better that "prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind."
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 7:41am On May 06, 2015
Gombs:

First, prayer isn’t all about asking God for what you need;
rather, and more importantly, prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind.
cool cool

Prayer is more importantly a time of fellowship with the Father. Your problem with the above is the word 'romance', which I think WX should induct as one of CE cultic terms.

Go read all Paul's prayers, you may understand better that "prayer is a romance of righteousness: a time to fellowship in the communion of the God-kind."

I gave a simple definition of prayer. I wish you will do same, then maybe we can begin to see where you missed the mark. 

So, can you give a plain English definition of prayer?

Btw, time of fellowship with God involves the believer's entire life and living. When you're reading or meditating on the Word of God you are fellowshipping with God. When you're worshiping in any of it's expressions you are fellowshipping with God. Fellowship with God - connection with God - should be a moment by moment experience of the Christian. 

High-sounding phrases when not properly put in perspective end up communicating wrong meaning to hearers or confusing them. 

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging / Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand / Paul Enenche's Glory Dome In Abuja To Be Dedicated On Saturday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.