Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250895 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:43am On Sep 25, 2012
Step Up! – Tuesday September 25, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

As Christians, we’ve been called to a supernatural walk with God for an unending life of absolute victory, mastery and dominion. However, if your experience of life is at variance with this reality, chances are that you’ve been operating at the base level of the senses. You need to step up, and lay hold of God’s blessings with your spirit, through the eyes of faith, to enjoy them.

God wants you to think and function at His level. He doesn’t want your outlook on life to be from the natural standpoint; He wants you to see with the eyes of the Spirit. When you learn to see with the eyes of the Spirit, the world will suddenly become small to you.

Ephesians 5:18 tells us to be filled with the Spirit continually, and the nineteenth verse shows us how: “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord” (Ephesians 5:19). If you’re filled with the Spirit, you’ll be enabled supernaturally; you’ll be spiritually perceptive and operate at a higher realm. This is an experience that’s impossible with the natural man: “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man” (1 Corinthians 2:14-15).

Notice that is says, “…he that is spiritual judges all things.” This means he has an understanding of all things within his spirit. He doesn’t function at the ordinary plane of life, and as a result, he’s never confused, perturbed or worried. He has the “I can do mentality” (Philippians 4:13), and lives victoriously everyday by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the joy of being filled with the Holy Spirit and divinely transported into the higher realms of life, far removed from poverty, sickness, death, defeat, destruction and failure. The eyes of my understanding are enlightened, therefore, I see the invisible and I’m empowered to do the impossible, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 5:18-20
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:11-22; Hosea 3-6
2 Year Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 1:1-18; Jeremiah 43
Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ibehenryrocket(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
Praise d lord God Almighty. Please I seek a helper . I know this is out of place, but I can only get genuine help 4rm my brethren in d lord. Am a job seeker & I studied Petroleum Engineering. Please if your in a position 2 help, here is my e-mail;ibehenry@rocketmail.com & mobile: 08036373760. Thank u & God bless.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:32am On Oct 01, 2012
The Prayer of Agreement! · Monday, October 1st

Pastor Chris

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them (Matthew 18:19-20).

The Bible teaches that there are different kinds of prayer. The prayer of agreement is one of them. It’s an effective way through which we can share our burdens in prayer and effect positive changes. The prayer of agreement involves two or more people coming together and praying concerning anything in particular that they desire. For instance, any two Christian friends or colleagues could come together and decide to pray and effect a change either concerning their work, office, school, neighbourhood or the nation at large.

Through the prayer of agreement, you can resolve issues in your home, at work, in society, etc. However, be sure to follow the rules. First, the scripture says "if any two of you shall agree…"; that means it must involve two or more people. Then it says, "as touching anything that they shall ask"; that means you must be specific.

Also, you must pray in faith and in line with the Word. Having done all that, you can be certain that your prayers would be answered. The Bible says, "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us" (1 John 5:14).
The next time you want to effect a change in any situation, follow the rules of the prayer of agreement!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of praying in agreement with other believers and compelling circumstances to yield to your Word. I declare that situations that are not consistent with your perfect will for my life are overturned and the works of the devil are frustrated in and around me, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 18:19 AMP; Matthew 16:19 CEV

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Isaiah 9-10 ;Ephesians 6:10-24

2 Year Reading Plan : Titus 1: 1-16; Jeremiah 49
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
Peace In Adversity! – Tuesday October 2, 2012 – Pastor Chris

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

Jesus said in Luke 21:25-26 that in the last days, there’ll be perplexity of nations, men’s heart failing them for fear. It’s important that as a Christian you refuse to fear. Rather, lay hold of God’s Word, which is the antidote to fear and insecurity.

The Lord Jesus knew we would encounter difficult and trying times in the world, but He confirmed that as we remain in Him, we would live a life of peace even in times of crises. That’s why He said in our theme verse: “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulations: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” Let these words of the Master re-echo in your heart and create the mindset of the overcomer in you.

God’s Word gives us the assurance that we’re not alone, and that irrespective of the fiendish and dastardly manipulations of the enemy, our victory is a settled fact. As a Christian, you dwell in the secret place of the Most High, and abide in the shadow of the Almighty. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, yet no harm or evil shall befall you. Believe this truth and make it your consciousness.

Refuse to fear because God has already made you an overcomer: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). He has made His power available to you and lifted you over principalities and powers. Your faith in Christ is the victory that overcomes the world: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world even our faith” (1 John 5:4).

Confession
My life is founded on Christ my Saviour, and in Him I dwell in safety and security. And by the power in the Name of Jesus, I come against the activities of Satan and his cohorts, affirming that their concomitant plan to wreak havoc and unleash terror is vanquished and overturned. Amen

Further Study
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 1:1-30; Isaiah 11-12
2 Year Reading Plan: Titus 2:1-5; Jeremiah 50
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
Trust The Father To Answer Your Prayer – Wednesday October 3, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you (John 15:16).

One of the wonderful blessings we have as Christians is our privilege to talk directly to the Lord in prayer and receive answers. It makes no difference whether we’re praying corporately as a group or as individuals; Jesus said “…Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you…ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full” (John 16:23-24). What a blessed invitation! You have the right to pray directly to the Father in the Name of Jesus, and make requests of
Him concerning the changes you want in your life, and receive answers.

Sadly, some don’t have confidence in their own prayers, so they look to others to pray for them. But blessed be God: there’s no situation that’s greater than the Name of Jesus. No matter how dire or insurmountable the situation may be from a natural standpoint, all you have to do is pray in faith, in the Name of Jesus. James 5:16 says “…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”

Notice it didn’t say, “the effectual fervent prayer of everyone availeth much,” no; it says “of a righteous man.” Which means, just one righteous man is enough, and that should be you! 1 Peter 3:12 says, “…the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers…” The very thought of this should inspire you to pray fervently and have confidence in your prayers, knowing that every time you pray, you’ll surely receive answers because you’re the righteous.

The next time you kneel or lift your hands in prayer, do so with faith, confidence and boldness, for you’re heard of the Father.

Prayer
Precious Father, I thank you for the wonderful blessing of praying in the Name of Jesus, and the confidence of knowing that your ears are open to hear and answer. I declare that your peace reigns in the lives of your children, all over the world today, and your righteousness is enthroned in their hearts, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
John 16:26-27
At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-18; Isaiah 13-14
2 Year Reading Plan: Titus 3:1-15; Jeremiah 51
Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2012
Faith To Frame Your World! – Thursday October 4, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear (Hebrews 11:3).

The Greek word translated “framed” in the opening scripture is “Katartizo,” which is to repair, frame, perfect, mend and restore. This lets us know that by applying the right faith principles you can “frame,” repair, restore or recreate your world. Through faith, we understand that God framed, mended, restored and perfected the material world. He framed the visible world from the unseen, revealing to us the power of faith.

Another word to study in our theme verse is “world,” which is translated from the Greek word “aion.” “Aion” refers to the structure and administration of one’s life; how things go with you from day to day, including how they affect your hopes and aspirations. It also refers to the world’s system with respect to socio-economic structures and environmental management of a period in human history, including its arts and sciences.

Bringing this home to your personal life, you can frame how things go with you from day today by speaking forth God’s Word. God made the whole world by speaking forth words; and as His kids, we have the same creative power inherent in us because we’re made in His image and in His likeness. There’s a creative force in us, to frame the kind of life and environment we desire. We can alter our destinies and change the course of events in our world through faith-filled words.

This is the key to recreating your life and fulfilling your dreams. Speak forth today, what you want to see in your life and frame your “aion.” As you utter those words of faith, the Holy Spirit will incubate on them and make them a reality. It makes no difference what has happened in your life in the past; there’s hope for a change. The power for that change is in your mouth. Speak words of faith, blessing and power and recreate your world! Perfect, mend and restore everything in your “aion!”

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me peace, and ensuring fruitfulness, prosperity and productivity in every area of my life! I declare that everything in my world conforms with your will and destiny for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Job 22:28
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-3:1-11; Isaiah 15-18
2 Year Reading Plan: Philemon 1:1-9; Jeremiah 52
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2012
Preach The Gospel! – Friday October 5, 2012 – Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

It may surprise you to know how many of your next-door neighbours are yet to hear about Jesus. This thought motivated me back then, and still does today, to go all out, preaching the Gospel to everyone.

Growing up as a Christian, I went from street to street, and from house to house, telling people about Jesus. I felt the onus was on me to tell the untold, and reach the unreached; to let the whole world know that Jesus came into the world to die for our sins, and was buried, and raised back to life for our justification. This is the greatest news on planet earth!

To receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and be born again, is the best thing that could happen to anyone. As a Christian, you have a divine mandate to preach the Gospel to those in your world and the regions beyond. God has committed to you the ministry of reconciling men back to Him (2 Corinthians 5:18).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only hope for sustainable progress and development for any nation or a people. It holds God’s answer to all of the predicaments of humanity. In Romans 1:16, Paul said, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation; in it, the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith (Romans 1:16-17).

For the influence, impact and effect of righteousness to increase in every nation, we must keep preaching the Gospel. The realization that Jesus, the Son of God, died for the salvation of the world and yet some still haven’t heard about Him should motivate you to preach and tell everyone you meet about Jesus.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for counting me faithful to commit unto me the ministry of reconciliation. You’ve chosen and anointed me to preach the Gospel with power, and impact my world with your divine presence. I thank you for this glorious mandate, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 3:12-4:1-3; Isaiah 19-22
2 Year Reading Plan: Philemon 1:10-25; Lamentations 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2012
The Gains Of Diligence – Saturday October 6, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Seest thou a man in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men (Proverbs 22:29).

Diligence means giving the required attention and care for excellence and perfection in fulfilling one’s responsibilities. A diligent person puts his best into what he or she does, paying attention to details with the sole purpose of attaining perfection. Our theme verse says if you’re diligent, you’ll stand before kings and not ordinary men; that’s promotion. That means being diligent will bring you into places of influence and honour.

The Bible shows us David as an example of a diligent young man. The responsibility to tend sheep, given to him by his father, seemed menial in comparison with those of his brothers, who were in the army. But David faithfully and diligently took care of the sheep, so much so that when he had to run other errands, the Bible specifically records that he was careful enough to leave the sheep in the care of a keeper (1 Samuel 17:20).

The diligent never lacks: “He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich” (Proverbs 10:4). God will bless whatever you do and give you the advantage if you’re faithful and diligent. As a politician, civil servant, businessperson or a servant, be diligent; and you’ll be ahead of your peers and competitors.

The Bible says, “The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute” (Proverbs 12:24). That means the man who is diligent will always be the boss of the one who is not. Ensure perfection in what you do and be forthright. Faithfully and diligently execute assigned tasks and don’t despise the responsibilities given to you, irrespective of how “menial” they might seem, and the Lord will surely promote you: “He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much” (Luke 16:10).

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me supernatural wisdom and ability to always do things right the first time. I thank you for granting me the grace for perfection, as I diligently carry out the responsibilities you’ve committed to me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 21:5
The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.

Proverbs 13:4
The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.

2 Corinthians 8:22
And we have sent with them our brother, whom we have oftentimes proved diligent in many things, but now much more diligent, upon the great confidence which I have in you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Philippians 4:4-23; Isaiah 23-24
2 Year Reading Plan: Hebrews 1:1-14; Lamentation 2

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
Prayer: A Communion Of Heavenly Bliss · Sunday, October 7th

Pastor Chris

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

What a blessing to know that you can communicate directly with the Lord in prayer, and have His full attention (1 Peter 3:12). Prayer times are moments of heavenly glory and spiritual ecstasy. In prayer, our spirits are refreshed and our sensitivity to the Spirit is increased.

Some people only pray when they need something from the Lord, which is wrong. Your time of prayer shouldn’t just be a time to ask God for things; it should be a time of rich fellowship with Him. Through prayer you participate in the communion of the God-kind.

It’s important to recognize prayer as a privilege as well as a responsibility. Every moment of prayer is an investment in eternity, and true prayer is a romance of righteousness. It’s a special moment of divine communion where you’re enraptured in heavenly bliss.

Jesus understood the importance of constant fellowship with the Father; hence, He took prayer seriously while He was on earth. The Bible says "…in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35). On certain occasions, He prayed all night long. He understood the power and importance of constant fellowship with the Father.

2 Corinthians13:14 talks about the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost…. "Communion" refers to a partnership, a communication, a fellowship with the Holy Spirit. It means talking to the Holy Spirit and hearing Him talk to you. You need that continual fellowship with the Lord to function effectively and win every day in life.

Prayer
Blessed be God, by whom I’ve been called unto the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ my Lord! As I fellowship with you today, I’m blessed, strengthened and transformed; and I receive wisdom and grace to deal excellently in all my endeavours and live triumphantly, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 1:9; Colossians 4:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Isaiah 25-26 ;Colossians 1:1-23

2 Year Reading Plan : H ebrews 2:1-9 ;Lamentation 3
Like · · Follow Post · 3 hours ago
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
The Greatest Name Of All – Wednesday November 7, 2012 – Pastor Chris

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ (Galatians 3:27).

Philippians 2:9-10 tells us that God has vested all authority in the wonderful and matchless Name of Jesus: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.”

From the very moment you confessed His Lordship over your life, the Name of Jesus was named upon you; you were baptized into, and have become a part of, that Name: “For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ” (Galatians 3:27). So now, you can answer that Name. Romans 8:17 says “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ…” This means whatever belongs to Jesus belongs to you, including his Name. Remember, the importance of a name is the power behind it and all that that name represents.

Sadly, many Christians have never been taught to understand this reality; they’re ignorant of the triumphant life that God has given us in Christ Jesus. For that reason, they’ve settled for religion; and Christianity isn’t a religion. Christianity is living in the Name of Jesus; it’s the life of God lived out through you. You’re not ordinary. Christ is your life; the Name of Jesus has been named upon you! You’re one with Him, for as He is, so are you in this world (1 John 4:17).

There’s power in the Name of Jesus; use that Name to cast out devils, heal the sick, raise the dead, and live triumphantly in this world to His glory. At the mention of that Name every knee bows; in heaven, in the earth, and under the earth (Philippians 2:10).

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the Name of Jesus is named upon me, and your divine life that has completely inundated my entire being – spirit, soul and body! That life in me makes me supernatural, and impregnable to sickness, disease, failure, death, and the devil, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Hebrews 7; Jeremiah 11-12
2 Year Reading Plan: 1 Peter 4:1-19; Ezekiel 38

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
Power over ALL devils – Saturday November 10, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases (Luke 9:1).

Jesus called His disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, to cast them out and to cure diseases. Notice the word “all” as carefully chosen for us by the Holy Spirit, letting us know that we have power and authority, not over some, but ALL devils. You might say, “But some devils are very strong”; it makes no difference! If you’re born again, you have power over all devils: strong ones, weak ones, fat ones, thin ones, little ones; no matter what kind of devils they are – they’re no match for the authority Christ has given you.

While not disputing the possibility of an organized structure of devils, as the Apostle Paul explains in Ephesians 6, the words of Jesus still hold true. Ephesians 6:12 says, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Notice the order; principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world (that’s the highest in the earth realm), and then, wicked spirits or spiritual wickedness in the heavenly realms. This latter category operates and sets up their throne in the heavenly realms, where they control large dominions and rule over nations or regions. They control the affairs of men as men yield themselves to them. However, the Lord Jesus has given us power and authority over all devils, irrespective of their ranks!

It doesn’t matter the hierarchy any demon belongs in, you have power to cast him out. What a life of glory, dominion and power given to us in Christ Jesus, to live above the devil and his cohorts of darkness! The Lord Jesus said in Luke 10:19, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” How much better does it get?

Realize that Satan has been eternally defeated, and he’ll never rise again. Keep him where he belongs – under your feet.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me power and authority over all devils, to cast them out, and to cure all diseases! I’m eternally grateful for the victory of Jesus over the devil and the entire host of darkness, which was for my sake. Satan has no place in my home, my body and my finances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 10:1
And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Colossians 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Ephesians 2:5-6
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Hebrews 9:11-28; Jeremiah 17-18
2 Year Reading Plan: 2 Peter 1:13-21; Ezekiel 41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:36am On Dec 07, 2012
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL:
LET HIM INCREASE IN YOUR LIFE!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7TH, 2012
***WITH PASTOR CHRIS***
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is
fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease (John 3:29-30).
John the Baptist made the remarkable statement in our opening verse with regards to the Lord Jesus. Certain of his disciples had
brought a report to him that Jesus was baptizing and making more converts than he. They said to him, "…Rabbi, he that was
with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold,the same baptizeth, and all men come to him" (John 3:26). Prior to this, these disciples had been involved in an argument with the Jews about the question of purification; they wanted to know from John whose baptism was right. Responding to their question, John said, "…A man can receive
nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him" (John 3:27-28). He went further to say, "He must increase, but I must decrease." John the Baptist exemplified true humility in our walk with God.
When you receive Christ into your heart and you’re filled with the Holy Spirit, He must increase, and you must decrease. His will and purpose must increase in your life, and your will must be swallowed up in His will! Your desires must be swallowed up inHis desires; otherwise, you’ll experience the same stress, failures and difficulties that the people of the world go through. This should be a major area of focus and meditation this Yuletide.
If for instance there’s been some sinful habits in your life that you’ve been struggling to put off, here’s what God is saying to you: "My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe
my ways" (Proverbs 23:26). Give Him your heart, mind, body, and emotions; let Him increase and you decrease. The Bible says in
Colossians 1:27 "…Christ in you, the hope of glory…." A lot of us have experienced the life of Christ in our spirits, but He also wants to have dominion in your soul and in your body.
How quickly you progress in your Christian walk will be dependent on how much of God’s Word you yield yourself to.
The more the Word gains dominion over your life and reveals Christ in you, the more glorious your life will be. So, make the choice today to let Him increase, by letting His Word dwell richly in you.
PRAYER
Dear Holy Spirit, thank you for your indwelling and abiding presence in my life; I yield my heart, soul and body completely to you and ask that your will be accomplished in me and through me today and always. Have the dominion and control over my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
FURTHER STUDY
Romans 8:14
Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
Galatians 2:20
Amplified Bible (AMP)
20 I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in(by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2012
His Eternal Love · Tuesday, December 11th ·Pastor Chris

Who then can ever keep Christ’s love from us? When we have
trouble or calamity, when we are hunted down or destroyed, is it
because he doesn’t love us anymore? And if we are hungry or
penniless or in danger or threatened with death, has God
deserted us?…despite all this, overwhelming victory is ours
through Christ who loved us enough to die for us. For I’m
convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love
(Romans 8:35, 37, 38 TLB).

Satan will always try one way or the other to make you think God
doesn’t love you as much as you think He does. He tries to use
one experience or another that you might have had to prove that
God is mad at you. Refuse to buy into his lies. Nothing can
separate you from the love of God. Never let the devil get you
thinking that something has gone wrong with your relationship
with God or that He doesn’t love you anymore. God’s love for
you is eternal and unconditional. In Jeremiah 31:3, the Lord says,
"…Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore
with loving kindness have I drawn thee."

God didn’t start loving you today. He loved you when you were
most unlovable; when you were yet a sinner: "But God
commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:cool. If He loved you then,
how much more now that you’re born of Him! People talk about
God being a God of love, but He’s not just a God of love, He is
Love! The Bible says: "God is love…" (1 John 4:cool, and that He so
loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (John 3:16).
The Bible didn’t just say "God loved the world"; rather, it says,
"He so loved the world"; the world of men.

God’s love for you is beyond what your natural mind can think or
fathom. He loved you so much, He gave something so priceless—
His precious Son—to have you. He would never have paid the
price of His Son’s blood for your salvation if you weren’t worth
that much to Him. Therefore, always remember that no matter
who you are, where you are or what you’re going through, God
loves you anyway. His arms of love are ever outstretched to
embrace you; and His love for you is not only unconditional but
eternal.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your matchless, unconditional and
eternal love for me. I’m fully convinced that nothing, no one or
circumstance can ever separate me from your love that’s in
Christ Jesus. I rejoice greatly in your love today, in Jesus’ Name.
Amen.
f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 5:6-8;1 John 4:16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2012
Declare Your Victory – Saturday December 15, 2012 – Pastor Anita

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

When all hope seems lost and it appears the walls are closing in on you, don’t despair; look to the Word. Looking to the Word doesn’t mean staring at the pages of your Bible; it means to study, meditate, act and depend on its message to you. Through meditation, you give opportunity for the Word to permeate your spirit, soul and body.

When you face challenges, boldly declare your victory over the situation. God’s Word spoken forth in faith will always prevail. So voice your faith and declare your victory in the face of adversity. This was what David did when he confronted Goliath. He made bold declarations of his victory over the giant, before he went against him: “This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcasses of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel” (1 Samuel 17:46). How inspiring!

David’s confidence wasn’t in his physical skill, agility or strength, but in”…the Name of the LORD of host” (1 Samuel 17:45). Make your boast in the Lord by declaring your victory ahead of the battle. Remember, you’re more than a conqueror. Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. You can do all things through Christ, which strengthens you and causes you to always triumph gloriously.

You’re a victor in Christ Jesus. You can’t be defeated. No wonder the Apostle Paul said in Romans 8:35-37, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword...Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”

Prayer Dear Father, I thank you for your power and ability at work in me. Thank you for making me a victor in Christ Jesus. Irrespective of the adversities that may come my way, my victory is assured, because you’re my sufficiency, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study 2 Corinthians 3:4-5 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Daily
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by lizzylizzy: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2012
Hello, Mabel God bless you for this, you don't know how helpful this have been.

Thanks greatly ,please don't stop.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:38am On Dec 21, 2012
The Heavenly Man

Friday December 21, 2012

Pastor Anita

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly (1 Corinthians 15:47-48).

In the above verses, the scripture refers to two kinds of men: the earthly man and the heavenly man. The earthly man was made in the image of the first Adam, who is the progenitor of the human race. On the other hand, the heavenly man, is made in the image of the Second Adam – the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:48 says “As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they that are heavenly.”

Let’s review the words of Jesus to Nicodemus in John 3:3 AMP: “…I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God.” Notice the underlined words. This shows that the one who is born again is born from above; he’s a heavenly man. This is the big thing about Christianity. Christianity is not a religion; it’s love’s manifestation of divinity in humanity by the law of faith.

Your understanding of this truth will put springs in your steps as you declare boldly that you’re like Jesus, because you’re born in His image. Jesus is the prototype of the new race of heavenly men. Hebrews 12:22-23 says “But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven…” And in Philippians 3:20 ASV, the Apostle Paul reiterates this reality in saying, “…our citizenship is in heaven…”

You have the assurance today that heaven is your homeland; that’s the place of your nativity. Heaven is a real place with a real agenda. When you have this consciousness, you’ll understand that you’re not in this world to merely balance the ecosystem but to fulfil divine destiny. The Kingdom of heaven is running an agenda in this world, and you’re a necessary part of it.

Confession
I am a legal representative of the heavenly Kingdom, called and separated from the world. I’m from above; therefore, I’m not subject to the distracting elements and corrupting influences of this world. I belong in God’s Kingdom, where I enjoy the full blessings and privileges of my kingdom inheritance.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Psalms 87:5
And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 13:1-10; Daniel 5-6
2 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 17:1-10; Haggai 1

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

A Gospel of Love

Saturday December 22nd, 2012

Scriptural Reference

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
(John 3:16).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which has been committed to our trust, is a Gospel of love. Your passion as a child of God is to see to it that you share this message of His great love with those who don’t know Him. What a glorious Christmas it would be for you, and for Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Theme: A Gospel of Love
Date: Saturday December 22nd, 2012

Scriptural Reference: John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which has been committed to our trust, is a Gospel of love. Your passion as a child of God is to see to it that you share this message of His great love with those who don’t know Him. What a glorious Christmas it would be for you, and for the one to whom you take the light of the Gospel, and lead to Christ this season!

If the Gospel means anything to you, you must boldly and consistently share it with others. The Apostle Paul’s undying passion for the Lord translated into his passion for the Gospel and for the souls of men. In spite of the great persecutions he suffered, he declared, "I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel…" (Romans 1:14 -15).

Recognize that you’re also a debtor to your world; you owe the people in your sphere of contact this message of God’s great love for mankind. You could be the only one with the opportunity to touch their lives with the Gospel. If you’re a miner, take the Gospel to your world of miners. If you’re a pilot, take the Gospel to your world of pilots. Whatever you do, and wherever you are, preach the Gospel. Be instant in season and out of season.

God has said, "…all souls are mine..." (Ezekiel 18:4), but it’s your responsibility to bring them to Him. Tell them God loves them so much He sent Jesus to die for them (John 3:16). All they have to do now is to confess Jesus as their Lord (Romans 10:9), and they’ll be saved and automatically delivered from all the powers of darkness and be translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son (Colossians 1:12).
Make this Christmas count for someone else by helping them receive the life of Christ. Let there be joy in heaven today, as you bring someone out of darkness into God’s marvellous light.

CONFESSION:
I refuse to be quiet about the Gospel, for it’s the power of God unto salvation. That power is released to turn men from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God as I proclaim the Gospel today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 1:16; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; Acts 26:16-18
the one to whom you take the light of the Gospel, and lead to Christ this season!

If the Gospel means anything to you, you must boldly and consistently share it with others. The Apostle Paul’s undying passion for the Lord translated into his passion for the Gospel and for the souls of men. In spite of the great persecutions he suffered, he declared, "I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel…" (Romans 1:14 -15).

Recognize that you’re also a debtor to your world; you owe the people in your sphere of contact this message of God’s great love for mankind. You could be the only one with the opportunity to touch their lives with the Gospel. If you’re a miner, take the Gospel to your world of miners. If you’re a pilot, take the Gospel to your world of pilots. Whatever you do, and wherever you are, preach the Gospel. Be instant in season and out of season.

God has said, "…all souls are mine..." (Ezekiel 18:4), but it’s your responsibility to bring them to Him. Tell them God loves them so much He sent Jesus to die for them (John 3:16). All they have to do now is to confess Jesus as their Lord (Romans 10:9), and they’ll be saved and automatically delivered from all the powers of darkness and be translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son (Colossians 1:12).
Make this Christmas count for someone else by helping them receive the life of Christ. Let there be joy in heaven today, as you bring someone out of darkness into God’s marvellous light.

CONFESSION:
I refuse to be quiet about the Gospel, for it’s the power of God unto salvation. That power is released to turn men from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God as I proclaim the Gospel today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 1:16; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; Acts 26:16-18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2012

CHRISTMAS: A CELEBRATION OF CHRIST IN YOU!

TUESDAY_25TH_DECEMBER_2012 ****WITH PASTOR CHRIS****

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

Colossians 2:9 tells us that in Christ Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; that includes the Father, and the Holy Spirit. This is the reason when you call the Name Jesus, the Holy Spirit, who is the power of God and the doer of God’s works, goes into action. He answers to that Name. Colossians 1:19 (AMP) says, "For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently." Jesus never needed to get wisdom, knowledge or power from anywhere else but inside Him. In Him"… are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). He never needed more of God, because the totality of Deity was inside Him. This is the quality of the Person of Jesus; He is "loaded" with God! No wonder He declared of Himself: "For even as the Father has life in Himself and is self-existent, so He has given to the Son to have life in Himself and be self-existent" (John 5:26 AMP). He is everything that God is. In the same vein, if you’ve received Christ into your life, you have everything! Christ in you is all you need! You don’t need to source for wisdom, knowledge or power from outside anymore; look inwards! The Bible says you’re complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10); that means you’re perfected in Him, who is the full representation or icon of the Godhead. There’s nothing lacking or missing in your life today, because there’s nothing you didn’t get in Christ Jesus. This is the real meaning of Christmas; it’s the celebration of the life of Christ in you. Christmas means much more than the birth of the infant Jesus in a manger; it’s the celebration of Christ and all that we are and have in Him. The Word declares that as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). In Christ, we have EVERYTHING we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). Let this mind be in you as you celebrate today.

CONFESSION: Christ, the embodiment of all knowledge, wisdom and power is alive and exalted in me, working and touching lives through me! I manifest His wisdom, ability and power; and I’m full of His might today! Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY: Acts 10:38 Colossians 1:27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Born To Love Like Him · Wednesday, December 26th · Page
Visits (334)
Pastor Chris
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one
another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another
(John 13:34).
Back in the Old Testament, God gave the Israelites
several commandments or laws, which He
instructed them to obey as a condition for enjoying
the blessings of the covenant He had with Abraham.
However, in the New Testament, the Lord Jesus
Christ, before His crucifixion, said in John 13:34, "A
new commandment I give unto you, That ye love
one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love
one another." He brought in a new commandment
which effectively abolished the previous commandments of the Old
Testament (Ephesians 2:15). This new commandment is that we
should love one another as He has loved us.
After the Lord gave this commandment He proceeded to die on the
cross for us, and God raised Him from the dead. He rose up from the
dead with a new life, and God said to Him, "…Thou art my Son, this
day have I begotten thee" (Hebrews 5:5). He is thus the head of the
new creation; we’re born of Him to love like Him. Ephesians 5:1-2
tells us to be imitators of God, and "…walk in love, as Christ also hath
loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to
God for a sweet-smelling savour."
We can emulate our heavenly Father to walk in love because His love
is in us. Romans 5:5 says, "And hope maketh not ashamed; because
the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which
is given unto us." God has put His love in your heart so you can love
the same way He does, and so fulfil the new commandment to love
one another.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2012
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

IMMERSED INTO CHRIST!

THURSDAY_DECEMBER_27TH 2012

****WITH PASTOR ANITA****

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ (Galatians 3:26-27).

The word "baptize" is from the Greek word "baptizo" which means to dip into or to immerse completely in. This means everyone who’s born again has been dipped into or completely immersed in Christ. In 1 Corinthians 12:13, the Apostle Paul reveals "For byone Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." Notice it says, "Forby one Spirit are we all baptized…." This means the HolySpirit is the One who baptized us into Christ. This is different from water baptism, which was only symbolic of a reality that had taken place in a man’s spirit. The Christian’s baptism into Christ is not a theory or a figure of speech, buta tangible reality. Romans 6:3-4says "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we alsoshould walk in newness of life." Romans 10:9 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." The moment you openly declared that Jesus Christis your Lord, that He died for you, and that God raised Him from the dead, the Holy Spirit didsomething in your life. He awakened you to the fatherhoodof God, and made you one with Him. He baptized you into Christ, and the Christ-life was imparted to your spirit. This is eternal life. Your spirit was thus, recreated. The union between you—the new creation—and Christ is more than a physical union. It’s the union of your spirit with the Lord. Your spirit has become one with Christ.This is Christianity! It’s the life of Christ in a man, and the life of the man in Christ.

CONFESSION Dear Father, I thank you because you live in me and Iin you. In you I live, and move, and have my being. Therefore, my life is supernatural and of unending victory having been completely immersed inChrist. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY Colossians 1:27 Amplified Bible (AMP) 27 To whom God was pleased to make known howgreat for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christwithin and among you, the Hope of [realizing the] glory.

1 Corinthians 12:13 Amplified Bible (AMP) 13 For by [means of the personal agency of] one [Holy] Spirit we were all, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free, baptized [and by baptism united together] into one body, and all made to drink of one[Holy] Spirit.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2012
REFUSE TO BE LIMITED!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28TH

PASTOR CHRIS

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Many years ago, malaria and tuberculosis were said to be medically incurable, until medical research developed a cure for them. Presently, H.I.V/ AIDS is considered incurable because medical science is yet to come up with a proven cure. This goes to show that the tag of incurability is another term for the limitation of human knowledge and understanding. Never accept from anyone that your condition is hopeless or incurable. Refuse to have your life limited by the limited understanding of others.

For the Christian, there’s no such thing as a hopeless situation, neither is there any problem that’s insurmountable.­ No sickness can be said to be incurable; not when you have your switch of faith turned on. Consider for example, the story of the woman with the issue of blood.

She suffered hemorrhage for twelve years and was given up to die. Her condition was certified medically incurable. Being a wealthy woman, she spent all her livelihood on medical bills until she became impoverished, and instead of getting better, her condition grew worse.

Such was the "hopelessness" of her situation until she heard about Jesus. Hope rose up in her and she said, "…if I may but touch his clothes, I shall be whole" (Mark 5:28).

She proceeded, against the odds, to touch the hem of Jesus’ garment and instantly, "…the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague" (Mark 5:29). The Master took note of this and commended her faith, saying, "…Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague" (Mark 5:34).

This clearly demonstrates the overcoming power of faith. No wonder Jesus said, "all things are possible to him that believeth" (Mark 9:23).

If you've found yourself in a dire situation which man’s wisdom or scientific knowledge has termed hopeless or incurable, refuse to be daunted. Trouble may come, but you must refuse to faint in the day of adversity (Proverbs 24:10). Never accept any situation as impossible. You can change anything by putting your faith to work.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, what a blessed hope I have in you! I’m so grateful to be a partaker of the divine life! Now, every fear is gone and I’m full of faith, dominating my world and maintaining my victory in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Mark 11:24
Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].

John 14:14
Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 [Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I Am].
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
Four Vital Activities Of The Human Spirit – Sunday December 30, 2012 – Pastor Anita

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come (1 Timothy 4:cool.

There are four vital spiritual activities, which if practiced consistently, would cause your recreated human spirit to bring forth good things. In no particular order, first among these is meditation on the Word. Meditation helps drive the Word of God deep into your spirit; it causes the Word to be seasoned in your spirit, causing it to grow mightily in you and prevail.

Meditation on the Word is a sure recipe for a successful life: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” (Joshua 1:cool. As you meditate on the Word, your profiting – your success, prosperity and total well being will become evident to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

Another important spiritual activity you must constantly engage in is prayer. Prayer conditions your spirit and improves the quality of your personality. Through prayer, you’re able to effect changes in the realm of the spirit and cause circumstances to align with God’s perfect will for your life. No wonder Jesus said in Luke 18:1, “…that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.” Praying with Pastor Chris on Yookos every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday has become valuable to Christians all over the world because it has birthed a new understanding and re-culturing on prayer; be sure to get involved.

Another vital activity of the human spirit is speaking in tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:4 says. “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself…” The word “edifieth” also means to improve, build up, strengthen, and energize. This is what speaking in tongues does for your spirit: it improves, builds, strengthens, and energizes you.

Finally, speaking the Word at all times: this is another vital activity of the human spirit, and it’s of equal importance. The Lord emphasized this when He admonished Joshua to keep the Word in his mouth at all times (Joshua 1:cool. You don’t have to wait for calamity to strike before you speak the Word. Take out time every day for “talking sessions”; speak God’s Word concerning your success, victory, prosperity, and health! The Bible says, “A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things…” (Matthew 12:35). Bring forth the good things inside you through these activities of your human spirit!

Confession
My life is for the glory of God! I dwell in the secret place of the most high, and abide under the shadow of the Almighty, in health, safety, prosperity and joy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:8
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 21; Malachi 1-2
2 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 22:1-10; Malachi 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2012
Born To Love Like Him · Wednesday,
December 26th

Pastor Chris
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one anothe (John 13:34).

Back in the Old Testament, God gave the Israelites several commandments or laws, which He instructed them to obey as a condition for enjoying the blessings of the covenant He had with Abraham.
However, in the New Testament, the Lord Jesus Christ, before His crucifixion, said in John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." He brought in a new commandment which effectively abolished the previous commandments of the Old Testament (Ephesians 2:15). This new commandment is that we should love one another as He has loved us.

Ater the Lord gave this commandment He proceeded to die on the cross for us, and God raised Him from the dead. He rose up from the dead with a new life, and God said to Him, "…Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee" (Hebrews 5:5). He is thus the head of the new creation; we’re born of Him to love like Him. Ephesians 5:1-2 tells us to be imitators of God, and "…walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour."
We can emulate our heavenly Father to walk in love because His love is in us. Romans 5:5 says, "And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." God has put His love in your heart so you can love the same way He does, and so fulfil the new commandment to love one another. There’s so much to thank the Lord for, so lift your hands in worship and love to Him right now, and less Him for who He is. Worship Him passionately from your spirit as you anticipate the greater glory
and victories He has in store for you in the coming year.

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you for your grace,kindness, and love. I thank you for your
mighty hand upon my life, and the ability of the Spirit to excel and prosper in all things. I receive in my spirit the wisdom, counsel and guidance I need to live triumphantly today, and dominate the circumstances of life, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
fu r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Peter 2:5; Ezekekiel 45 elation 8:4 .
Good morning and have praiseworthy day and experience! God bless u
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2013

SAFEGUADED BY THE ANOITING:

THURSDAY_3RD-JANUARY_2013.

****WITH PASTOR ANITA****

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time….But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things (1 John 2:18-20).

The Scripture reveals that in the last days there’ll be many antichrists; many who’ll come in their own names with false doctrines. A false doctrine isn’t necessarily the opposite of the Gospel; it’s a perversion of truth. It may sound very close to the Gospel, but it’s not the Gospel. Its aim is to deceive and lure people away from the true Gospel of our Lord Jesus. As a child of God, however, you don’t have to fret over how many antichrists, false preachers, and false teachers there are out there. This is because your heart and mind are anointed to know the truth. By the anointing of the Holy Spirit that’s on your life, you’re able to tell right from wrong, and to discern the right teaching of the Gospel from false doctrines. 1 John 2:27 tells us, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." The Holy Spirit is the Lord of the Church, and when you hear the Word of God, under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit in you will bear witness with your spirit that what you’re hearing is the truth. That’s why you can’t be deceived or swayed from the truth that you’ve come to believe, because there’s a special ability from the Holy Spirit that makes you know the truth. If you’d yield to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you won’t find yourself being deceived by the evil one, neither will you make the wrong choices, decisions and investments in life. That anointing is activated by the recognition and acknowledgment of His Word in your life.

PRAYER: Dear Father, I thank you for the anointing of the Holy Spirit in my life. That anointing teaches me all things and reveals the realities of the kingdom to my spirit. I declare that I can do all things by your ability at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Philemon 1:6(AMP) 6 [And I pray] that the participation in and sharing of your faith may produce and promote full recognition and appreciation and understanding and precise knowledge of every good [thing] that is ours in [our identification with] Christ Jesus [and unto His glory].
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:07am On Jan 04, 2013
Put The Name To Work · Friday, January 4th · Pastor Chris

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God (1 John 5:13).

Notice the underlined construction. The Apostle John says, "…that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." He’s simply saying, "Put the Name of Jesus to work!"

The Name of Jesus is the Name that opens every door in every city and every nation. That’s the Name you need for a life of consistent victory, anywhere. For example, when Jesus gave the great commission in Mark 16:15 to "…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature," it was in His Name. He gave us His Name, and that’s bigger than the whole world. Philippians 2:10 says "…at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth." This is the reason you can be comfortable in any place, any city, region or nation. You’re on a divine assignment, sent forth, not in your own name, but in that matchless Name of Jesus.

Luke’s report in Acts 3 about Peter and John is a detailed example of men who dared to use the Name of Jesus. Incidentally, this was their first miracle after Jesus’ ascension. When Peter met the crippled man at the gate of the temple called Beautiful, he said to him "…such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk" (Acts 3:6). The man couldn’t walk in his own name or in his father’s name. Niether was he able to walk in Herod’s, Pilate’s or Caesar’s name; but he did in the Name of Jesus! Acts 3:7-8 says Peter "…took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked…."

The reason for the failure, defeat, sickness and weakness in the lives of many people is failure to trust and use the Name of Jesus in the crises of life. Psalm 20:7 AMP says "Some trust in and boast of chariots and some of horses, but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God." Put the Name of Jesus to work in every area of your life. The Word says to do all things in the Name of Jesus (Colossians 3:17).

Prayer Dear Father, I thank you for the power in the Name of Jesus, and the authority I have to use that Name against the devil, sickness, disease and everything that hurts or binds. By the power of that Name, I declare that I’m living the higher life of glory that you prearranged for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 3:16; John 16:23; Philippians 2:10

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 4, Genesis 9-11

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 2:13-23, Genesis 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2013
Be The Best For Him · Saturday, January 5th · Pastor Chris

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well (Psalms 139:14).

The verse above describes the peculiarity and uniqueness of every child of God. You’re the Father’s pride; a creation of wonder. God has deposited so much within your spirit that makes you a peculiar treasure of inestimable value.

In Genesis chapter 12:2 God said to Abraham, "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing." You’re the seed of Abraham now that you’re in Christ: "...if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed" (Galatians 3:29). By virtue of being Abraham’s seed, not only are you blessed, you’re also a blessing. You carry the blessing with you and have become a dispenser of blessings everywhere you go. No wonder 1 Peter 2:9 declares: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light."

Take some time today and meditate on who you are in Christ Jesus! You’re God’s perfectly crafted masterpiece, set forth to manifest His glory and display His praises to the world around you. Your responsibility now is to be the best of you for Him.

You’re the only one of you that God has. He’s never had another one like you, He doesn’t have another like you, and will never have another like you. That’s how unique you are. Therefore be a success for Him! Be the best of you for Him, and give Him your all.

Prayer Dear Father, I ascribe all glory, honour and majesty to your great and wonderful Name! Thank you for making me a peculiar treasure, separated unto you to bring you glory! I release myself to you and declare that by the power of your Spirit, your purpose for my life is fulfilled, to the glory and praise of your Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Peter 2:9 AMP

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 5:1-20, Genesis 12-14

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 3:1-9, Genesis 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:55am On Jan 06, 2013
He Loves You Just The Way You Are · Sunday, January 6th · Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

God didn’t create you to be a failure but to be head over all things. He wants you to walk in the liberty and full assurance of His love, knowing that you’re beyond condemnation due to His infallible, unconditional and eternal love for you (Romans 8:1). He loves you just the way you are.

You didn’t have to struggle to earn God’s love, for you could never earn it by your own works but by grace; it’s a gift from God! All you have to do is accept His love as simply as it has come to you, and you’ll never remain the same again. God demonstrated His great and boundless love for us, while we were yet in sin. Perhaps you’re wondering, "Can God possibly love someone like me?" Emphatically yes! No matter what kind of life you may have lived, He loves you just the way you are; you can take advantage of His great love today.

The consciousness of God’s love will change you for the better and inspire you to love other people. His love gives you the ability to live in the liberty of His Word and enjoy His abundant life. God’s love will carry you over all the circumstances of life. Jesus said He doesn’t have to pray to the Father on your behalf, since the Father Himself loves you (John 16:26). Take advantage of His great love today.

Remember, Jesus didn’t come to save us because we were many; no! He did because of His love. You’re the object of His love. Be conscious of this truth today; God loves you more than you can possibly imagine.

Prayer Heavenly Father, I thank you for your great love and kindness towards me! In everything I do today, and everywhere I go, I’m mindful of your love, and that consciousness inspires faith and boldness in me to face the circumstances of life and win! I rejoice in your loving kindness, which has strengthened my hope in you. Therefore are my days full of rest and peace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 16:26-27; Romans 8:31-32

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 5:21-48, Genesis 15-17

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 3:10-17, Genesis 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2013
The Image Of The Heavenly · Monday, January 7th · Pastor Chris

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly (1Corinthians 15:48).

The Bible tells us in the book of Genesis how God formed Adam, the first man, from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and Adam became a living soul. The Word described him as earthy because he was of the earth and possessed the natural human life: "The first man is of the earth, earthy…" (1Corinthians 15:47). We’re however introduced to a second and last Adam in 1 Corinthians 15:45: "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

The first Adam was the man in the garden, but the second or last Adam is the Lord from heaven—the Lord Jesus Christ: "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven" (1 Corinthians 15:47). Reading further into the forty ninth verse of 1 Corinthians 15 (AMP), the Apostle Paul says something very striking: "And just as we have borne the image [of the man] of dust, so shall we {and so} {let us} also bear the image [of the Man] of heaven."

Everyone on earth was born after the first Adam, meaning that we have all borne the image of the earthy. However, when a man is born again, he’s cut off from the first Adam and born after Christ. He becomes a heavenly man on earth, and he’s expected to walk in this newness of life, after the image of him that created him. Notice the Amplified rendering of 1 Corinthians 15:49, the latter part says, "… Let us also bear...," inferring therefore that it’s our responsibility to bear the image of the heavenly.

Accept what God has said about you in His Word. If He has said you’re a new creation, accept it and be bold to say the same about yourself and act accordingly. Simply say "yes" to God’s Word today.

Confession I have the life and nature of Christ—the Second Adam—in my spirit. I’ve put on the image of the heavenly, and my affections are set on things above, being seated with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name in this world, and in the world to come. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 3:10; 2 Corinthians 3:18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 6:1-18, Genesis 18-19

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 4:1-11, Genesis 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by joseph1832(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2013
mba emeka: Keep doing do the good work Mabell. Pastor would be proud of you. we are to reach the unsaved by every means possible.
Pastor would be proud of "you" what happended to God or Jesus? So Chris Oyakhilome has now become more important than God or Jesus? Father help us!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:42am On Jan 10, 2013
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL.

________TALK SPIRITUAL_______

THURSDAY_10TH_JANUARY_2013

*****WITH PASTOR CHRIS******

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ (1 Corinthians 3:1).

John 11 tells the story of Lazarus, who fell sick and died. When Jesus heard, He said to His disciples, "…Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep." His disciples, not understanding what He meant, replied, "Lord, if he is asleep, he will get better." Jesus had to tell them plainly, "…Lazarus is dead!" They didn’t understand Jesus’ spiritual language because they were yet carnal; so He had to speak to them in a language they could understand, that’s why He said to them, "Lazarus is dead." The Apostle Paul had a similar experience with the Christians at Corinth; he wasn’t able to communicate with them in spiritual language, hence he chided them for being carnal: "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ" (1 Corinthians 3:1). Have you ever found yourself in situations where you had difficulty expressing yourself to carnal people? For example, being a spiritual man, if you felt a headache, you couldn’t say "I have a headache." The carnal man, on the other hand, sees nothing wrong communicating at such a mundane level. Realize that as Christians we don’t walk by our feelings, we walk by faith. If you say, "I have headaches," it means you’ve taken possession of it; you claimed it, and you shouldn’t because it’s an outside force; so don’t accommodate it in your body. Yes, you might feel the pain, but use the Word against it and it will pass out of your body. Hebrews 13:5-6 says "…for he (God) hath said…that we may boldly say…." You’re only supposed to say what you have, that God gave to you. Don’t accept anything that’s from the devil. Make up your mind that throughout this year, you’ll stand your ground in faith and walk in divine health. Refuse sickness, poverty, death, or depravity. Talk spiritual. Speak according to God’s infallible Word, and not according to your senses.

CONFESSION: I’m what God says I am. My life is the testimony of God’s grace and infinite blessings. I have the grace to excel in everything. I live in divine health, prosperity, abundant joy, and indescribable peace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: James 3:2(AMP) 2 For we all often stumble and fall and offend in many things. And if anyone does not offend in speech [never says the wrong things], he is a fully developed character and a perfect man, able to control his whole body and to curb his entire nature.

2 Corinthians 5:7(AMP) 7 For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING: 1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 8:1-27, Genesis 25-26

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 5:11-20 Genesis 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2013
The Word Has Inherent Ability - Saturday January 12th, 2013 - Pastor Anita

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Word of God is the only material given to us by God to build our faith. Romans 10:17 says "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." This means the more of God’s Word you receive into your spirit, meditate on, and put to work, the greater your faith will be. Without continuously inundating your heart with the Word of God, the challenges of life could overwhelm you, and you’ll faint in the day of adversity.

But with the Word of God in your spirit, you’ll discover that absolutely anything is possible unto you! That’s why a sick person, for example, while studying or listening to God’s Word on healing could automatically have faith stirred in his heart to be healed. The reason is that God’s Word imparts faith and courage to your spirit. As you listen and fill your heart with it, faith rises in you like a giant.

This is the reason God seeks to impart His Word to your Spirit. With the Word of God in your spirit, you don’t have to struggle or try to make it produce results for you; it has inherent ability to produce what it talks about. The Word of God in your heart and in your mouth is your sure recipe for a successful life on earth. So stick with the Word; and not only will it build you up, and give you an inheritance among them that are sanctified, it will make you what it talks about.

CONFESSION: I rule, reign and dominate my world today by the faith of God in my spirit! My faith is alive and producing results because the Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, and as I speak it forth, circumstances align with God’s perfect will for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Mathew 9:18-38, Genesis 29-30

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Mathew 5:31-40, Genesis 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:03am On Jan 15, 2013
Keep The Switch Of Faith Turned On - Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - Pastor Anita

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest (Joshua 1:9).

Just because you’re experiencing trying times doesn’t mean you’re defeated. The truth is that those tests and trials are springboards for your promotion! Contrary to what many think, it’s a blessing when you face diverse tests; that’s why the Bible says, "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations" (James 1:2).

Make up your mind that throughout this year, irrespective of the challenges that may come your way, you’ll stand your ground in the Word. Grow your faith with the Word of God, so that no matter what happens, you’ll always win. Your faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Therefore, never allow what you hear or see with your physical eyes cause you to lose heart and start voicing fear; stand your ground and keep talking your victory.

Some Christians lose heart and allow fear take a hold of them when the evil day comes. However, irrespective of the negative thoughts or pictures the enemy may bring to your mind, refuse to fear, and refuse to speak negatively. Do what Caleb and Joshua did! Out of the twelve spies Moses sent to spy out Canaan, only the two of them stood their ground and said concerning the giants, "...they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the Lord is with us: fear them not" (Numbers 14:9). That’s the voice of faith, and faith is what gives you the victory.

The Lord Jesus said in Mark 9:23, "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." Never give up or give in. Keep the switch of faith turned on, for faith never fails! Your faith-filled words, in the power of the Holy Spirit, will always prevail. When you find yourself in an uncomfortable position, don’t fret; don’t fear; don’t despair! Speak words of faith.

Confession

I’m a victor in Christ Jesus. Fear, doubt and unbelief have no place in me, for my faith in God and in His eternal Word is the victory that overcomes the world! I refuse to be discouraged because greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world!

Further Study
Colossians 2:6-7
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 11:1-30, Genesis 36-37

2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 6:14-24, Genesis 15

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.