Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

This, This Or This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This, This Or This (11522 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:46am On Apr 05, 2015
Which would you SINCERELY prefer & WHY?

Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 05, 2015
Neither of those but I dream of this.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:16am On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

You sure have good taste cheesy

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 7:49am On Apr 05, 2015
This, thiser, thisest cool tongue

2 Likes

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 8:51am On Apr 05, 2015
[b][/b]
nurey:
This, thiser, thisest cool tongue

Talk joor!
Re: This, This Or This by Homguy(m): 10:33am On Apr 05, 2015
I have always had a bias for the Germans, so you know my pick.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 11:34am On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:
[b][/b]

Talk joor!

You sha wan force me to talk. Well the Accord evil spirit dash is a beauty to behold out of the 3 but you are biased the dash of the benz is 2003 model year or even less compared to a 2006-07 accord and 08-12 accord.
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

It will only take my niece 5minutes to loosen this dash knobs and place it in your hands grin

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:40am On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

You sha wan force me to talk. Well the Accord evil spirit dash is a beauty to behold out of the 3 but you are biased the dash of the benz is 2003 model year or even less compared to a 2006-07 accord and 08-12 accord.

Lol...dats true sha...i'm just tryna be fair on d Honda cos if I put 08 benz for there, nah die be dat for Honda oh. tongue
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:43am On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

It will only take my niece 5minutes to loosen this dash knobs and place it in your hands grin

Lolz @"place it in your hands" something like..."oya take" grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: This, This Or This by emekan: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello. I'd actually go for the second. That Benz is a timeless classic. Still turns heads till date. If u put pristine versions of all three ( or should I say four lol) next to each other, u will surely pick the Mercedes. It reeks of class and has unbreakable build quality. I can also assure u that the drive and handling can't be matched by any of the others. Most importantly after a couple years of usage, u will notice that the Mercedes Benz has aged better than the others. Good luck in making your choice. Cheers.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
emekan:
Hello. I'd actually go for the second. That Benz is a timeless classic. Still turns heads till date. If u put pristine versions of all three ( or should I say four lol) next to each other, u will surely pick the Mercedes. It reeks of class and has unbreakable build quality. I can also assure u that the drive and handling can't be matched by any of the others. Most importantly after a couple years of usage, u will notice that the Mercedes Benz has aged better than the others. Good luck in making your choice. Cheers.

Hmmm..dont let d Toyota geeks on dis forum hear wachu saying bro grin
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
emekan:

My brother u didn't take into considerations some fact, yes that benz will certainly be the most luxurious and the tokunbo will be the cheapest in the market it won't pass 1.5m, the most exensive could be the 4th one posted by cityng cause it isn't just a classic it certainly would be a relic. The 06-07 dash could be a problem once it fails (once the screen no touch, ur Ac and some important stuffs won't work) the evil spirit has a very good and rugged build quality the only down size is the miniature screen.

As for the 4 place side by side after 3-4 years of use in naija the benz interior will still be in perfect shape but same can't be said for the exterior as some rust will start showing and if its completely neglected like my neighbors own, then the springs and shocks will give way, it will drive but it won't be impressive.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

Not in my hands but then I don't have destructive nephews and nieces.

Mine appreciates classics smiley

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

Not in my hands but then I don't have destructive nephews and nieces.

Mine appreciates classics smiley

Not classic, vintage you should say wink
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Homguy:
I have always had a bias for the Germans, so you know my pick.

Not sure why anyone will choose other than the Benzo.
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:

Not classic, vintage you should say wink

You can say vintage.

I say classic because that's the correct word. Vintage is usually reserved for wines. At least over here.

"A classic car is an older automobile; the exact definition varies around the world. The Classic Car Club of America maintains that a car must be between 30 and 49 years old to be a classic, while cars between 50 and 99 fall into a pre-antique class, and cars 100 years and older fall into the Antique Class."
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

You can say vintage.

I say classic because that's the correct word. Vintage is usually reserved for wines. At least over here.

"A classic car is an older automobile; the exact definition varies around the world. The Classic Car Club of America maintains that a car must be between 30 and 49 years old to be a classic, while cars between 50 and 99 fall into a pre-antique class, and cars 100 years and older fall into the Antique Class."

Nice one smiley
Re: This, This Or This by Homguy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

Not sure why anyone will choose other than the Benzo.
Abatically and co would definitely provide 1001 reasons why those Hondas, better, a Toyota should be choosen over the merc. Btw, when are you getting another classic for restoration, if only you don't dispose of it before its completion like poor old Tessy.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
Homguy:
Abatically and co would definitely provide 1001 reasons why those Hondas, better, a Toyota should be choosen over the merc. Btw, when are you getting another classic for restoration, if only you don't dispose of it before its completion like poor old Tessy.

Thank God d Toyota addicts haven't seen ds topic... they will have none of it angry
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

My brother u didn't take into considerations some fact, yes that benz will certainly be the most luxurious and the tokunbo will be the cheapest in the market it won't pass 1.5m, the most exensive could be the 4th one posted by cityng cause it isn't just a classic it certainly would be a relic. The 06-07 dash could be a problem once it fails (once the screen no touch, ur Ac and some important stuffs won't work) the evil spirit has a very good and rugged build quality the only down size is the miniature screen.

As for the 4 place side by side after 3-4 years of use in naija the benz interior will still be in perfect shape but same can't be said for the exterior as some rust will start showing and if its completely neglected like my neighbors own, then the springs and shocks will give way, it will drive but it won't be impressive.

1.5million? Dats an 04 model benz Eclass bro..be ready to cough out 2.2m at least or take a hike cheesy
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Homguy:

I'm a business man autoist cheesy

So imagine if you live in Lagos and a car pops up on the radar in Ado Ekiti. Most Lagosians can't/won't go to Ado Ekiti to really look at the car but they have money.

You buy the car and bring it to Lagos. Then the moneybags can now come and see the car and pour over it and you just sit back and let the feeding frenzy begin.

I rarely get to finish my restores before I am offer serious money for them.

I didn't get to finish the previous one before Tessie too.

Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:

1.5million? Dats an 04 model benz Eclass bro..be ready to cough out 2.2m at least or take a hike cheesy

I won't cough out, sneeze out, blow out 2.2m for that old benz no pun intended, I would rather get my self a 2010 or upwards toyota or honda product. If I intend to go german then a passat or cc if possible would fill the void.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

I won't cough out, sneeze out, blow out 2.2m for that old benz no pun intended, I would rather get my self a 2010 or upwards toyota or honda product. If I intend to go german then a passat or cc if possible would fill the void.

Its not how far its how well my broda...an iphone 4s is still better & ofcourse more expensive than a tecno phantom Z even though d former was released 4years ago &

d latter released last year...

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:
vintage rolls royce?
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:

Its not how far its how well my broda...an iphone 4s is still better & ofcourse more expensive than a tecno phantom Z even though d former was released 4years ago &

d latter released last year...

when buying things in nigeria, people should seriously take into consideration "will i make use of this" instead of "how much i will sell it after using it". i have never once in my life bought something and be considering the resale value. there are some luxurious gadgets that come as premium and i find really useless in nigeria

1. my family friend has a primera 2003 and it comes with reverse cam, i dont think you should use that cam at all except you want to commit suicide or ram into something.

2. leather seat will get torn on the long run if you take care of fibre it will last and last and last. though i appreciate leather for aesthetics
3. Navigation screen that the map wont work in naija only if it can show me car data then i will say that is good
4. xenon and HID lamp this are good for dazzling on coming drivers if i am the one driving the car good but if nah otondo, he is likely to blind me.

japanese cars weren't as sturdy as german cars then but not now. lexus LS will stand side by side with an S-class to a degree anyday anytime, so why do the germans out class the japs the answer is MORE (more leather, more formica, more airbags, more camera, more interior space etc)

german fanboiz give your own counter arguement.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

when buying things in nigeria, people should seriously take into consideration "will i make use of this" instead of "how much i will sell it after using it". i have never once in my life bought something and be considering the resale value. there are some luxurious gadgets that come as premium and i find really useless in nigeria

1. my family friend has a primera 2003 and it comes with reverse cam, i dont think you should use that cam at all except you want to commit suicide or ram into something.

2. leather seat will get torn on the long run if you take care of fibre it will last and last and last. though i appreciate leather for aesthetics
3. Navigation screen that the map wont work in naija only if it can show me car data then i will say that is good
4. xenon and HID lamp this are good for dazzling on coming drivers if i am the one driving the car good but if nah otondo, he is likely to blind me.

japanese cars weren't as sturdy as german cars then but not now. lexus LS will stand side by side with an S-class to a degree anyday anytime, so why do the germans out class the japs the answer is MORE (more leather, more formica, more airbags, more camera, more interior space etc)

I said it,,, the Toyota boys are here!!! I won't argue too much bro...in as much as tecno av improved a whole lot they still know dr master!!! Apple wink

When Toyota were busy improving themselves do you think the Mercedes were taking a nap? So its wrong for you to say the Japs av come side by side...forget

about interior decor...d engines and body work of Germans are coming on stronger bro..it will take only a miracle & a curse on Germans for d Japs 2 catch up.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Bossforeva:
vintage rolls royce?

"Classic" 1973 BMW Bavaria

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/05/25/event-ready-e3-clean-1973-bmw-bavaria/

$5,000 in 2013 (N1,000,000)

The only ever BMW with a non numerical model name.

I'v owned at least 3 over the years. An impressive timeless classic car.

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

Compare phones with automobiles & ds is what you'll get:

1. Tecno- Kia (just beauty & flashy-flashy)

2. Samsung- Honda (flashy but a bit more durable)

3. LG, HTC- Toyota, Peugot (not too flashy but durable & long lasting)

4. Iphone- Mercedes-Benz, Porsche etc (flashy, durable, exotic & last forever).
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:

Compare phones to automobiles & ds is what you'll get:

1. Tecno- Kia (just beauty & flashy-flashy)

2. Samsung- Honda (flashy but a bit more durable)

3. LG, HTC- Toyota, Peugot (not too flashy but durable & long lasting)

4. Iphone- Mercedes-Benz, Porsche etc (flashy, durable, exotic & last forever).

You know as exotic as the IPHONE is the SAMSUNG S-series has more features than it. Yes the German machines are undisputed but we should be careful not to over hype them besides I am not a japfanboy, though I drive a toyota, me nah VWfanboy.

Where the VW walks, others crawl.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
nurey:

You know as exotic as the IPHONE is the SAMSUNG S-series has more features than it. Yes the German machines are undisputed but we should be careful not to over hype them besides I am not a japfanboy, though I drive a toyota, me nah VWfanboy.

Where the VW walks, others crawl.

Others crawl but d Benz flies cheesy
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
I woulda preferred the Bmw M5 but this S600 ain't bad as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Lagos Motorists Drive With Headlamps On In Broad-day Light!! / 7 Fantastic Ways To Keep Your Old Car Running Strong / Pretty Soon Electric Cars Will Cost Less Than Gasoline Driven Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.