Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

This, This Or This - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This, This Or This (11580 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Zoharariel:
I woulda preferred the Bmw M5 but this S600 ain't bad as well.

Oh boy! These Germo ppl no go kee pesin! See motor!! shocked

And you! How will you think of d BMW first? Dat Benz go murder dat BM 1000times!
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 11:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Homguy:
Abatically and co would definitely provide 1001 reasons why those Hondas, better, a Toyota should be choosen over the merc. Btw, when are you getting another classic for restoration, if only you don't dispose of it before its completion like poor old Tessy.

Different cars for different conditions bro. If u are running a taxi business, (not limo), would u rather choose a Benz for ur business over a Toyota or a Honda? I guess u know the answer. Also I wouldn't advice an average income earner who is looking for a simple and presentable car to use for his daily running around to buy a 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 over same year Honda Accord. Don't get me wrong, the Benz handles better, more premium and performs better but it comes at a price too. Maintenance is much more than the Honda, and its not as if the Honda is slow or doesn't drive well. Trust me if everyone is rich, then everyone would buy a Mercedes over a Honda, but unfortunately, all fingers are not equal. A brand new E320 costs almost twice the price of a brand new Honda Accord.... and the Accord is more reliable and easier to work on.

Back to the topic, if all things are equal I will choose the Benz over the 08 and 05 accord. C'mon we can all see the Benz is more beautiful an made out of more premium materials. But this is an unfair comparison, why not throw a 2005 Acura RL in there then we have a fair comparison.

Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:

Compare phones to automobiles & ds is what you'll get:

1. Tecno- Kia (just beauty & flashy-flashy)

2. Samsung- Honda (flashy but a bit more durable)

3. LG, HTC- Toyota, Peugot (not too flashy but durable & long lasting)

4. Iphone- Mercedes-Benz, Porsche etc (flashy, durable, exotic & last forever).

If cars were mobile phones, this is what they would look like.

PEUGEOT =BLACKBERRY: They made some good cars in the past, were on top and then relaxed and now they are on the decline. They struggle to get a good market share and only die hard fans buy them. Now they are doing everything to try to catch up just like blackberry released the passport to challenge the competition.

TOYOTA= SAMSUNG: Started as underdogs before moving to the top. Biggest automaker in the world just like samsung. They have cars for everyone from the very small Toyota yaris to big Landruizer and full size trucks like Tundra. They even have a supercar in Lexus LFA. Typical Samsung releasing hundreds of phones in a year. Lots of recalls recently and they are back to the drawing board to correct their faults before the Koreans (Hyundai and KIA) take over. Same way Samsung redesigned the galaxy s6 because the s5 was a flop.

HONDA= HTC: They pay more attention to details than Toyota. They also have lots of models but not like Toyota, same way HTC has fewer models than Samsung but their products are more premium.

MERCEDES BENZ/BMW= IPHONE: one word, premium premium premium. They don't make cars for everyone, they make cars for the rich and those that appreciate luxury abs performance. Their products are quite pricey and normally owned by the rich.

CHINESE CARS (SSANYONG, FOTON, GEELY, ETC)= TECNO: Those Chinese cars come in different shapes and sizes and are very cheap
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:19am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

If cars were mobile phones, this is what they would look like.

PEUGEOT =BLACKBERRY: They made some good cars in the past, were on top and then relaxed and now they are on the decline. They struggle to get a good market share and only die hard fans buy them. Now they are doing everything to try to catch up just like blackberry released the passport to challenge the competition.

TOYOTA= SAMSUNG: Started as underdogs before moving to the top. Biggest automaker in the world just like samsung. They have cars for everyone from the very small Toyota yaris to big Landruizer and full size trucks like Tundra. They even have a supercar in Lexus LFA. Typical Samsung releasing hundreds of phones in a year. Lots of recalls recently and they are back to the drawing board to correct their faults before the Koreans (Hyundai and KIA) take over. Same way Samsung redesigned the galaxy s6 because the s5 was a flop.

HONDA= HTC: They pay more attention to details than Toyota. They also have lots of models but not like Toyota, same way HTC has fewer models than Samsung but their products are more premium.

MERCEDES BENZ/BMW= IPHONE: one word, premium premium premium. They don't make cars for everyone, they make cars for the rich and those that appreciate luxury abs performance. Their products are quite pricey and normally owned by the rich.

CHINESE CARS (SSANYONG, FOTON, GEELY, ETC)= TECNO: Those Chinese cars come in different shapes and sizes and are very cheap

Wonderful edition of mine I must say.

Those Chinese rides tho cheesy
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:25am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Different cars for different conditions bro. If u are running a taxi business, (not limo), would u rather choose a Benz for ur business over a Toyota or a Honda? I guess u know the answer. Also I wouldn't advice an average income earner who is looking for a simple and presentable car to use for his daily running around to buy a 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 over same year Honda Accord. Don't get me wrong, the Benz handles better, more premium and performs better but it comes at a price too. Maintenance is much more than the Honda, and its not as if the Honda is slow or doesn't drive well. Trust me if everyone is rich, then everyone would buy a Mercedes over a Honda, but unfortunately, all fingers are not equal. A brand new E320 costs almost twice the price of a brand new Honda Accord.... and the Accord is more reliable and easier to work on.

Back to the topic, if all things are equal I will choose the Benz over the 08 and 05 accord. C'mon we can all see the Benz is more beautiful an made out of more premium materials. But this is an unfair comparison, why not throw a 2005 Acura RL in there then we have a fair comparison.

Throwing a 2005 luxury model over a base model of an 04 benz.....you be Agbaya oh....if you really crave fairness then throw a 2005 S-class with this Acura lets

see which ride doffs its hat...

And why do I feel your throwing a shade on me?
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 1:49am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Throwing a 2005 luxury model over a base model of an 04 benz.....you be Agbaya oh....if you really crave fairness then throw a 2005 S-class with this Acura lets

see which ride doffs its hat...

And why do I feel your throwing a shade on me?

A Mercedes Benz E class is a luxury car bro.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 1:55am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

A Mercedes Benz E class is a luxury car bro.

All Benz are luxury but throw in an S500 if you want game.
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 1:59am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

All Benz are luxury but throw in an S500 if you want game.

Yes all Benz are luxury (except maybe an A class). Even a c class packs more luxury than an accord, Camry or altima. So putting a Honda accord against an E 320 is suicide. I can't put the S 500 against an acura RL.... S500 is on a different level of luxury... A full class luxury bro, that's the highest luxury u can find in a sedan. Its just like putting an acura MDX against a Mercedes Benz GL.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:04am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Yes all Benz are luxury (except maybe an A class). Even a c class packs more luxury than an accord, Camry or altima. So putting a Honda accord against an E 320 is suicide. I can't put the S 500 against an acura RL.... S500 is on a different level of luxury... A full class luxury bro, that's the highest luxury u can find in a sedan.

Its not d highest bro...there's still S550 & S600 to trade up to.

Know your Benz bro.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:09am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Yes all Benz are luxury (except maybe an A class). Even a c class packs more luxury than an accord, Camry or altima. So putting a Honda accord against an E 320 is suicide. I can't put the S 500 against an acura RL.... S500 is on a different level of luxury... A full class luxury bro, that's the highest luxury u can find in a sedan. Its just like putting an acura MDX against a Mercedes Benz GL.

Dat simply means d Benz beat the Honda on all model den..

A civic should be compared with a C-class

An Accord with an E class

This Acura with an S class

And the Acura MDX with d Benz GL

Oga na master any which way man!
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 2:18am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Its not d highest bro...there's still S550 & S600 to trade up to.

Know your Benz bro.

I actually meant s class in general. S500, 550 and 600 are identical. The main difference is engine size and maybe a few more gadgets in the later.
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 2:29am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Dat simply means d Benz beat the Honda on all model den..

A civic should be compared with a C-class

An Accord with an E class

This Acura with an S class

And the Acura MDX with d Benz GL

Oga na master any which way man!

Oga, only a person that doesn't know about cars would put a 1.7L compact car like Honda civic against a C class. Even an accord no reach c class. Honda never made rye civic to go head to head with the c class, both cars were made for different class of people.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:54am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Oga, only a person that doesn't know about cars would put a 1.7L compact car like Honda civic against a C class. Even an accord no reach c class. Honda never made rye civic to go head to head with the c class, both cars were made for different class of people.

Oga wetin you dey talk nah?

A C200 has 1.79L & is compact just like d CIVIC. I think my comparison is fair enough man
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 3:01am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Oga wetin you dey talk nah?

A C200 has 1.79L & is compact just like d CIVIC. I think my comparison is fair enough man

Ok then, a Toyota Rav 4 with 3.5L v6 should be compared with a Range Rovers Sports v6 right? Oh let me guess, the Rav 4 is even higher since it has a 3.5L v6 vs the range rover with 3.0L v6.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 3:05am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Ok then, a Toyota Rav 4 with 3.5L v6 should be compared with a Range Rovers Sports v6 right? Oh let me guess, the Rav 4 is even higher since it has a 3.5L v6 vs the range rover with 3.0L v6.

Rav 4 is d base SUV model...I think you should compare d ROVER with d Highlander or better still Lexus..
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 3:12am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Rav 4 is d base SUV model...I think you should compare d ROVER with d Highlander or better still Lexus..

hahahaha, Range Rover Sports against a highlander? sad sad sad. Bro I give up.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 3:13am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

hahahaha, Range Rover Sports against a highlander? sad sad sad. Bro I give up.

Please by all means do cheesy

If you cared to read "better still a Lexus"
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 4:10am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

This guy u must be a comedian. What do u mean by base model? A rav 4 v6 is definitely not the base trim of rav 4. Rav 4 has different trims from the base model LE to the highest trim XLE Limited AWD.

If by base model u actually mean class, then why would u compare a Honda civic with a Mercedes Benz c class? They are of different class for different end users. Just because the c class is the entry level of Mercedes Benz sedans doesn't make it a small car.
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 5:46am On Apr 06, 2015
Yes its possible to compare the C-class to the likes of the civic and toyota corolla, they are entry level of each car manufacturer, but the base model of the C-class could actually by two of the civic or corolla (theoretically) speaking. But as usual japfanboiz and germanfanboiz won't agree and my assumptions still stand that the germans are ahead of the japs by the formular MORE check my previous post to know the calculation of MORE.

But seriously it won't be fair because even the highest trim of the C-class will kill the Avalon, make the lexus ES look childish but will die in the hands of the lexus LS.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2015
nurey:
Yes its possible to compare the C-class to the likes of the civic and toyota corolla, they are entry level of each car manufacturer, but the base model of the C-class could actually by two of the civic or corolla (theoretically) speaking. But as usual japfanboiz and germanfanboiz won't agree and my assumptions still stand that the germans are ahead of the japs by the formular MORE check my previous post to know the calculation of MORE.

But seriously it won't be fair because even the highest trim of the C-class will kill the Avalon, make the lexus ES look childish but will die in the hands of the lexus LS.

Bia nwokem, entry level u say? Then u made a mistake, u for kukuma put Honda City against a C class. Oh no, it should be Honda Fit vs C class because Honda Fit is entry level Honda. And then it should also be safe to put Bentley Continental GT v8 (entry level Bentley ) against a C class, or Maserati Ghibli against a C class.
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Bia nwokem, entry level u say? Then u made a mistake, u for kukuma put Honda City against a C class. Oh no, it should be Honda Fit vs C class because Honda Fit is entry level Honda. And then it should also be safe to put Cadillac GT v8 (entry level Cadillac) against a C class, or Maserati Ghibli against a C class.

Bro there is no need hating, just give your own counter argument we are all here to learn. When you look at the target market of those vehicles that's what I mean.

But you can enlighten us why I can't compare two things targeted at the same market just because one has more luxury refinement than the other.

2 Likes

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:33am On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

This guy u must be a comedian. What do u mean by base model? A rav 4 v6 is definitely not the base trim of rav 4. Rav 4 has different trims from the base model LE to the highest trim XLE Limited AWD.

If by base model u actually mean class, then why would u compare a Honda civic with a Mercedes Benz c class? They are of different class for different end users. Just because the c class is the entry level of Mercedes Benz sedans doesn't make it a small car.

If d entry level beats d Honda's entry level den we shouldn't even be comparing both rides at all!

Cos it will beat it on all levels of FAIR comparison.
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

If d entry level beats d Honda's entry level den we shouldn't even be comparing both rides at all!

Cos it will beat it on all levels of FAIR comparison.

Good, so then why are u comparing?
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
nurey:

Bro there is no need hating, just give your own counter argument we are all here to learn. When you look at the target market of those vehicles that's what I mean.

But you can enlighten us why I can't compare two things targeted at the same market just because one has more luxury refinement than the other.

Bro I ain't hating. The Honda Civic is targeted at a different market from Mercedes Benz C class. Yes they are both entry level sedans for each company. Should we also put the ferrari California T against the Honda civic? Since the Ferrari California is the tamest of Ferrari models.
Re: This, This Or This by Homguy(m): 1:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Bro I ain't hating. The Honda Civic is targeted at a different market from Mercedes Benz C class. Yes they are both entry level sedans for each company. Should we also put the ferrari California T against the Honda civic? Since the Ferrari California is the tamest of Ferrari models.
bro this talk about a car being targeted at certain people is being overstretched. Both are entry levels, if an entry level Benz sedan has more refinement than an entry level Honda sedan, that speaks volumes about the car manufacturers themselves. May I ask, are the S class,E class, and C class Benz targeted at the same caliber of buyers? Factly,we cannot compare a C class, and an accord's refinement, and that's because Benz makes more premium products, however both companies targeted same stratum of users with those cars: low income earners. So lets appreciate cars for what they are and stop whining about these cars not being targeted at same users. And don't even bother to mention running costs as its very close for well maintained Japanese and German cars on same levels.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
abatically:

Good, so then why are u comparing?

Wasn't comparing....just simply put what type of ride ppl will choose & why

People began d comparison
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 07, 2015
themodernman:

Oh boy! These Germo ppl no go kee pesin! See motor!! shocked

And you! How will you think of d BMW first? Dat Benz go murder dat BM 1000times!

Then I think you need to go back to school and study "Bavaria Motor Works 101"

BM.....The Ultimate Driving Machine!
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Zoharariel:

Then I think you need to go back to school and study "Bavaria Motor Works 101"

BM.....The Ultimate Driving Machine!

BM to a Benz?

You dunno class men...
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:35am On Apr 07, 2015
[quoBMW is part of the "German Big 3" luxury automakers, along withAudi and Mercedes-Benz, which are the three best-selling luxury automakers in the world.[3][4]e author=nurey post=32379842]

You know as exotic as the IPHONE is the SAMSUNG S-series has more features than it. Yes the German machines are undisputed but we should be careful not to over hype them besides I am not a japfanboy, though I drive a toyota, me nah VWfanboy.

Where the VW walks, others crawl.[/quote]
Re: This, This Or This by DaimlerBen(m): 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
themodernman:

BM to a Benz?

You dunno class men...
BMW is more performance oriented than Mercedes (that doesn't mean they can't be luxurious). That's why they let their US plants manufacture only their X- and Z-series.
If you want pure driving experience (comfort be damned), then the Beemer is your man. But if you want pure refinement with a stint of performance, then go for the Merc.

2 Likes

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
DaimlerBen:

BMW is more performance oriented than Mercedes (that doesn't mean they can't be luxurious). That's why they let their US plants manufacture only their X- and Z-series.
If you want pure driving experience (comfort be damned), then the Beemer is your man. But if you want pure refinement with a stint of performance, then go for the Merc.

So yur telling me Beemer gat more power dan d Benz, will it also last longer dan d Benz too?

And do you mean d X3 might be underpowered since its being produced in d US?
Re: This, This Or This by DaimlerBen(m): 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
themodernman:

So yur telling me Beemer gat more power dan d Benz, will it also last longer dan d Benz too?

And do you mean d X3 might be underpowered since its being produced in d US?
You're mistaking power with performance. Even if we want to go the power angle, have you heard of the BMW 760Li?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz / Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment / I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.