Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

This, This Or This - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This, This Or This (11577 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
DaimlerBen:

You're mistaking power with performance. Even if we want to go the power angle, have you heard of the BMW 760Li?

Abeg me no get time for plenty oyibo...

Explain yourself in simple english so I'll be able to choose between a BMW X3 / Mercedes benz E320 both 04 models.
Re: This, This Or This by DaimlerBen(m): 12:36am On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

Explain yourself in simple english so I'll be able to choose between a BMW X3 / Mercedes benz E320 both 04 models.
Now you're the one confusing me. The X3 is a compact SUV & the E320 is an executive saloon. What are you comparing?
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 1:25am On Apr 09, 2015
DaimlerBen:

Now you're the one confusing me. The X3 is a compact SUV & the E320 is an executive saloon. What are you comparing?

Okay lemme just put it straight whats d difference between Power & Performance cos to me they pretty much mean d same tin, without Power how

can one Perfom
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

This guy na was for u o, u just dey yearn jargons for this ur thread. In what way is a BMW x3 similar to Mercedes Benz e320 apart from the fact that they both have 4 tires. Well I don't blame u since u can also compare a Honda city with a Mercedes Benz c class.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2015
abatically:

This guy na was for u o, u just dey yearn jargons for this ur thread. In what way is a BMW x3 similar to Mercedes Benz e320 apart from the fact that they both have 4 tires. Well I don't blame u since u can also compare a Honda city with a Mercedes Benz c class.

It's only someone who lacks home training & filled with shiit dat will spew d dungs dropping from your mouth....

I won't indulge you in a reasonable discussion when you obviously got nothing upstairs.
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

It's only someone who lacks home training & filled with shiit dat will spew d dungs dropping from your mouth....

I won't indulge you in a reasonable discussion when you obviously got nothing upstairs.

Carry on jare. Next its Honda CRV vs Mercedes Benz GL
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
DaimlerBen:

How far?
Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

Bros take it easy, as you can see it has been healthy discussion throughout, no harm was intended just that you surprised us with your comparism. You can compare the BMW 3series to the C-class as in 318, 320, 325 etc you can only compare the X3 with the C class if you are talking interms of terrain.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
nurey:

Bros take it easy, as you can see it has been healthy discussion throughout, no harm was intended just that you surprised us with your comparism. You can compare the BMW 3series to the C-class as in 318, 320, 325 etc you can only compare the X3 with the C class if you are talking interms of terrain.

You are talking to d wrong person here man....d person you should quote dat to is d person who jumped on ds healthy thread to say wat he knows nothing about.

A reasonable person on ds thread has explained to him why its okay to compare both...instead of him to keep shut & learn he decided to lurk around d corner until he

could see something to hold onto & attack yet he has just shown how stuupid he is, cos I was simply tryna get info from him on which ride to buy as evidenced in my

other post "2 million too much?" Direct your speech to him otherwise I'll believe I'm speaking to his type. Thanx.
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

You are talking to d wrong person here man....d person you should quote dat to is d person who jumped on ds healthy thread to say wat he knows nothing about.

A reasonable person on ds thread has explained to him why its okay to compare both...instead of him to keep shut & learn he decided to lurk around d corner until he

could see something to hold onto & attack yet he has just shown how stuupid he is, cos I was simply tryna get info from him on which ride to buy as evidenced in my

other post "2 million too much?" Direct your speech to him otherwise I'll believe I'm speaking to his type. Thanx.

Abeg, who take the meat for this guy rice?
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
abatically:

Abeg, who take the meat for this guy rice?

Boy gerrof my sight & stop rubbing your misfortune on me.
Re: This, This Or This by Homguy(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

Boy gerrof my sight & stop rubbing your misfortune on me.
bro, relax. You really shouldn't use invectives yet, its totally uncalled for. Abatically may always argue for the japmobiles, however, if your posts are anything to go by, he definitely knows more than you. I have learnt from this thread, and if thats your aim, nothing should make you stoop to using abusive lang. Just ignore any supposedly offensive post,boss. that's the high path to take. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Homguy:
bro, relax. You really shouldn't use invectives yet, its totally uncalled for. Abatically may always argue for the japmobiles, however, if your posts are anything to go by, he definitely knows more than you. I have learnt from this thread, and if thats your aim, nothing should make you stoop to using abusive lang. Just ignore any supposedly offensive post,boss. that's the high path to take. Cheers.

He may "know" from heaven to earth dats his headache but if you base your assumption on what he has been saying in ds thread then I must say you're simply carried away by his "knowledge" making you blinded to his terrible attitude so far. It seems he's like a God to you guys dat you dat you can't talk sense into him.
Anyway dats none of my business: no one is above retribution by me once he's crossed his lane. He should either grow up or get lashed...simples.
Re: This, This Or This by Homguy(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:

He may "know" from heaven to earth dats his headache but if you base your assumption on what he has been saying in ds thread then I must say you're simply carried away by his "knowledge" making you blinded to his terrible attitude so far. It seems he's like a God to you guys dat you dat you can't talk sense into him.
Anyway dats none of my business: no one is above retribution by me once he's crossed his lane. He should either grow up or get lashed...simples.
grin grin grin I give up.
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Homguy:
grin grin grin I give up.

Better
Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
nurey:

when buying things in nigeria, people should seriously take into consideration "will i make use of this" instead of "how much i will sell it after using it". i have never once in my life bought something and be considering the resale value. there are some luxurious gadgets that come as premium and i find really useless in nigeria

1. my family friend has a primera 2003 and it comes with reverse cam, i dont think you should use that cam at all except you want to commit suicide or ram into something.

2. leather seat will get torn on the long run if you take care of fibre it will last and last and last. though i appreciate leather for aesthetics
3. Navigation screen that the map wont work in naija only if it can show me car data then i will say that is good
4. xenon and HID lamp this are good for dazzling on coming drivers if i am the one driving the car good but if nah otondo, he is likely to blind me.

japanese cars weren't as sturdy as german cars then but not now. lexus LS will stand side by side with an S-class to a degree anyday anytime, so why do the germans out class the japs the answer is MORE (more leather, more formica, more airbags, more camera, more interior space etc)

german fanboiz give your own counter arguement.

For a moment please lets leave the reviews we read on the internet.
One question...

...Just one question.

Have you ever driven as s class? Please don't think I'm trying to insult you or anything like that but seriously have you driven as s class before? I mean really driven one. On the highway? The day I drove one, I knew the Germans were not ordinary humans. Lexus? Please ehn even the oga of Lexus in his mind Cant be happy with you talking like this. Pls just try a test drive in an s class first then come and let us know the truth about the experience. You think it's joke when world leaders ensure they buy the s class abi? You don't think they are Lexus too when they're buying?
Chai Benz don suffer. Lexus!?
Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
refreshrate:

One question...

...Just one question.

Have you ever driven as s class? Please don't think I'm trying to insult you or anything like that but seriously have you driven as s class before? I mean really driven one. On the highway? The day I drove one, I knew the Germans were not ordinary humans. Lexus? Please ehn even the oga of Lexus in his mind Cant be happy with you talking like this. Pls just try a test drive in an s class first then come and let us know the truth about the experience. You think it's joke when world leaders ensure they buy the s class abi? You don't think they are Lexus too when they're buying?

grin
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
themodernman:

Thank God d Toyota addicts haven't seen ds topic... they will have none of it angry
They've been here even before you came, but they wanted you to keep talking
That's an 06-10 model. Notice the HUD reflected on the windscreen.

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
lomomike:

They've been here even before you came, but they wanted you to keep talking
That's an 06-10 model. Notice the HUD reflected on the windscreen.

My brother why are you comparing sleep with death now...check out this benz meen...doesn't it look like something you'll like to sleep & wake up in?

Also look at the post by refreshrate & see why Benz remains a boss in luxury auto manufacturers.

This toyota looks like d interior of an everyday Camry Muscle to me.

Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
refreshrate:

One question...

...Just one question.

When you tell me what is fitted or available in a mercedes benz S-Class that cannot be fitted or made available in a lexus LS460 then I will come back and answer your question.
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
refreshrate:

One question...

...Just one question.

Every car produced has its target buyer. Some cars are produced for brute force, sheer torque and absolute power, you can't take them out always. Eg is Dodge Viper, corvette, Porsche carerra GT . If you think you can drive try it, it may end up taming you.

Some others are produced for folks who love serenity, ease, bliss, attention to details, meek calm and peaceful, graceful and elegant. Eg, Rolls Royce, Lexus, Mercs (non-amg trims)
Some are for folks who loves exquisite quality mixed with some bruteness. Just like diamonds in the diets. BMWs I'm not talking of 4 cylinders 1.8l I'm talking about M badges, AMGs, Etc.

Some want an everyday minimalist or even not minimalist but not too shouty and spoiling (either in power or luxury) Toyota, Honda, Nissan, VW.

Yet also cars are produced with age brackets, marital status, and financial strength etc in mind.
An A and B class Benz, City and Jazz Honda, Yaris Toyota are for young folks without much cash, based in city and commute daily.

C class, Civic, Corolla are for city, more luxurious than the young market target, they're for family especially young families or young people based in city.

E class, Accord, CAMRY et all are mid-sized executive sedans for office executives, family folks.
S class, Legend, Avalon etc is for senior executives, CEOs etc these are usually mid-aged to older folks. More serene but powerful.

Now, there's what we call entry level, mid level and flagship models.

Till 2015, any RX Lexus series was an entry level series suv. It was senseless to compare in with an ML or a GL. It competes with a GLK Benz and ZDX, audi Q3.
Now, there's an NX class lexus which fills up that gap.
An ML class, GX lexus series, MDX, Audi Q5 was a mid class target.
LX lexus series, GL series Q7 Audi is top of the range.

However, there's another twist.
Body size comparison.

An MDX, ML and RX (starting from Rx330 till date) are mid sized SUVs.
zdx, q3 Audi, rx300, glk series are compact CUVs,
But GL merc, LX and GX lexus series and Q7 are full sized SUVs.

Merc, acura, Infiniti, Porsche, BMW, lexus are luxury marque.
Toyota, Nissan, Honda (excluding some models),are mid class cars,
While cars such as Bentley, Rolls Royce, Mercedes Maybach are hyper luxury.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
themodernman:

My brother why are you comparing sleep with death now...check out this benz meen...doesn't it look like something you'll like to sleep & wake up in?

Also look at the post by refreshrate & see why Benz remains a boss in luxury auto manufacturers.

And this looks like yaris? undecided

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
themodernman:

Does these also look like everyday Camry?

1 Like

Re: This, This Or This by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
lomomike:

Every car produced has its target buyer. Some cars are produced for brute force, sheer torque and absolute power, you can't take them out always. Eg is Dodge Viper, corvette, Porsche carerra GT . If you think you can drive try it, it may end up taming you.

Some others are produced for folks who love serenity, ease, bliss, attention to details, meek calm and peaceful, graceful and elegant. Eg, Rolls Royce, Lexus, Mercs (non-amg trims)
Some are for folks who loves exquisite quality mixed with some bruteness. Just like diamonds in the diets. BMWs I'm not talking of 4 cylinders 1.8l I'm talking about M badges, AMGs, Etc.

Some want an everyday minimalist or even not minimalist but not too shouty and spoiling (either in power or luxury) Toyota, Honda, Nissan, VW.

Yet also cars are produced with age brackets, marital status, and financial strength etc in mind.
An A and B class Benz, City and Jazz Honda, Yaris Toyota are for young folks without much cash, based in city and commute daily.

C class, Civic, Corolla are for city, more luxurious than the young market target, they're for family especially young families or young people based in city.

E class, Accord, CAMRY et all are mid-sized executive sedans for office executives, family folks.
S class, Legend, Avalon etc is for senior executives, CEOs etc these are usually mid-aged to older folks. More serene but powerful.

Till 2015, any RX Lexus series was an entry level series suv. It was senseless to compare in with an ML or a GL. It competes with a GLK Benz and ZDX, audi Q3.

Body size comparison.

U Sure say nah town planning u read?
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

U Sure say nah town planning u read?

As in eh... E taya me sef. cheesy
Re: This, This Or This by abatically(m): 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
lomomike:

Body size comparison.

Nice analysis, but I still think the c class is way ahead of the civic and corolla. The c class is luxury based compact sedan (or executive) while the civic and corolla are compact passenger cars, no luxury. I mean what is luxurious about a car if it doesn't come with v6 (or turbo), leather seats and automatic climate control? U can only find leather seats in newer civics but u have to look really hard. I know recently they are changing, civics are becoming accords and accords are becoming bigger and more luxurious. Likewise Camrys are fast becoming Avalon, I won't be surprised if Toyota stops production of Avalon in the near future.
Re: This, This Or This by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
abatically:

Nice analysis, but I still think the c class is way ahead of the civic and corolla. The c class is luxury based compact sedan (or executive) while the civic and corolla are compact passenger cars, no luxury. I mean what is luxurious about a car if it doesn't come with v6 (or turbo), leather seats and automatic climate control? U can only find leather seats in newer civics but u have to look really hard. I know recently they are changing, civics are becoming accords and accords are becoming bigger and more luxurious. Likewise Camrys are fast becoming Avalon, I won't be surprised if Toyota stops production of Avalon in the near future.

True, however, when you put them together and take 'luxury' aside, they're in same class. Oh really I should replace the civic with TL and the corolla with IS series.
Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
nurey:

When you tell me what is fitted or available in a mercedes benz S-Class that cannot be fitted or made available in a lexus LS460 then I will come back and answer your question.

You see thats why ive asked you to drive one. What makes amala in Sheraton different from white house or olaiya amala? Now try explaining this difference to someone who hasn't tasted either. It would be an effort in futility. I've asked you to please leave reviews and drive the s class that's all I ask. Till then how do I begin to explain this. Ok ever heard the phrase experience is the best teacher? I strongly believe whoever coined that phrase was behind the wheels of a merc. when he was inspired to say so. Seriously what have you got to lose?
Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
abatically:

Japanese car owners no dey gree. Seriously I was once like that and I know how they see things. So talk like this from now till the second coming, dem no go gree.

I used to own a v6 camry (voltron) full option of course being v6 what more would you expect? when it first came out after much tiny lighting and stuff. In my mind then ehn nothing you could tell me about German cars I would tell you my voltron was the defender of the universe. Till one sunday like that on third mainland when one Eclass like that effortlessly out me in my place. I still did not gree o. Time now came to upgrade was hoping to switch to the new model camry. When they released it, I was rather disappointed in the body shape, I don't know it just didn't work for me.still doesn't. That was how one car dealer asked me to come and check out one c class he felt would be a great deal for me. God knows I went there just cos of the respect I had for the man cos I was like whats wrong with this man? Which kain c class?
Long story short when I was to test drive the car the door of that car alone when I tried to close it, ol boy! Princess Diana's death is a bigger mystery to me now. Then I drove the car. God! See suspension along that aguda road before it was tarred. I repented immediately. So when I tell you to first drive a merc before passing comparisons it's not cos I want to burn data. Me o as of today o I can't see myself buying anything outside mercs again let alone those Japanese toys...seriously the balance I get when speeding with the E class I finally settled for is uncanny. I now be'z the one overtaking japs on Sunday drives on the bridge.

Seriously if you love the act of driving, you have absolutely no business in the Japanese aisle. Why do you think they have all those alphabets for their models? In waiting for Lexus zz. sef Mercedes already has an answer for them 4Years prior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
greenhulk:

Does these also look like everyday Camry?

Guy mercs even gone steps further with that gear lever thing sticking out here.
I swear the next model Lexus is going to tow that line too. Something that's already standard in all present model mercs.

Leave these Japanese toys alone or at best stop comparing them to mercs I think it's derogatory to the star, serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 11:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
refreshrate:

You see thats why ive asked you to drive one. What makes amala in Sheraton different from white house or olaiya amala? Now try explaining this difference to someone who hasn't tasted either. It would be an effort in futility. I've asked you to please leave reviews and drive the s class that's all I ask. Till then how do I begin to explain this. Ok ever heard the phrase experience is the best teacher? I strongly believe whoever coined that phrase was behind the wheels of a merc. when he was inspired to say so. Seriously what have you got to lose?

My brother stop cycling around, I don't have time for that. Tell me one reason why I shouldn't compare a full size luxury sedan LEXUS LS460 to a full size luxury sedan MERCEDES BENZ S600. I didn't ask you which one is better or has more bells and whistles I just asked you why I can't put them together head to head. If you ask me to test drive both then I will know the kind of RACIST you are.
Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 12:08am On Apr 11, 2015
nurey:

My brother stop cycling around, I don't have time for that. Tell me one reason why I shouldn't compare a full size luxury sedan LEXUS LS460 to a full size luxury sedan MERCEDES BENZ S600. I didn't ask you which one is better or has more bells and whistles I just asked you why I can't put them together head to head. If you ask me to test drive both then I will know the kind of RACIST you are.

Sorry no vex youre right the Lexus is better.
BTW I have driven both. Have you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EgunMogajis Motorcycle Thread / What Are The Issues With Golf 4 / Danfo Conductors: 4 Tips On How To Avoid Trouble With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.