Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

This, This Or This - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This, This Or This (11581 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This, This Or This by themodernman: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
lomomike:

Sometimes, lomomike isn't in the mood.

Common feel in d mood men...taunting you makes me feel great cheesy
Re: This, This Or This by chucky234(m): 11:27am On May 30, 2015
abatically:

hahahaha, Range Rover Sports against a highlander? sad sad sad. Bro I give up.
hahahahaha I just dey read through this thread com jam una argument,hmmm I fear dat ni.gga comparisons sha.
Re: This, This Or This by lourash(m): 7:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Nice discussion
Re: This, This Or This by mammanbawa: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
I've read through all the posts. All I have to say is we should be cautious on making comparisons between cars. Comparing a civic and a c class is just out of the box. They're both different cars made for different people even though they're in the same automobile caliber. Japanese mobiles cannot be compared to German automobiles but you can't generalise. The Lexus LS can be compared to the Merc sonderklasse, Audi A8 and the big B 7 series to some extent but it will lose to all its German counterpart. Every car is special in its own way. I've driven both German and Japanese automobiles. I never compared them cos not all of them are comparable. I try to look at every car from the good perspective. So now cos I'm in Honda you think you can intimidate me in your 1.8l w202. Don't let me catch you with my w124 I'm about to restore if time permits. *Winks*
Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 8:15am On Mar 31, 2017
nurey:

My brother first of all, you have allowed your biasedness to cloud ur eyes and judgement, you mistook the lexus LS460 for LX460,LX 470 (which are luxurious land cruiser prado).

An LS460 on the other hand is a full size luxury sedan no be Avalon luxury, this one nah full time plush luxury. So my brother google is your friend try to read up on the LS460 or better still the LS600h then come back and tell me why I shouldn't compare it to an S-class.

For your other question, if both cars were brought new and I asked to choose one, then my pick would be the S-class, both if both cars should pass by, the 2015 LS would turn more heads than the S-class because you just want to know which car that lexus is and its model.

At the end of the day, after the S-class has been abandoned in the mech garage because of its expensive nature, the lexus is still on road serving the master well.

Two years later. Yes I will be petty about this

https://www.nairaland.com/3712638/lexus-admits-it-lacks-allure/1#55120503
Re: This, This Or This by refreshrate: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2017
nurey:

Guy I was correcting you cause your impression was I was comparing a jeep to s-class I had to correct U that the LS is a sedan while the LX is a jeep its easy to get confused since there are more LX on road in naija than LS.

Again you are very funny, where do you I stay, camaro, mustang, charger, challenger are an everyday thing for me. When I see a corvette, am not bothered, its no biggie what's in an S350 now S400, S500, S550 to even the amg version. Yes they have a sleek design, sporty and off course a mercedes badge but if the 2015 models of audi A8, Lexus LS460 and S600 pass, the forget even the chairman driving the range rover will be whaoed 1st by audi followed by lexus and the merc comes in 3rd.

You keep on saying drive both cars, you think the first impression a car should be willing to give potential buyers is how it drives abi, I don't think so, I go to a car stand, shape is the first attraction, then what we have inside which the lexus can match the merc, the merc has a powerful engine, yes but the V8 powered lexus aint no joker too.

So what's the difference, benz has been in the market for a while and has always delivered its luxury without question that's why it has remained at the top, but only time will tell.

Re: This, This Or This by nurey(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2017
refreshrate:

Two years later. Yes I will be petty about this

Allure means
the quality of being powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating.
verb
powerfully attract or charm; tempt.

Remove the badge from an S-class and paste innoson and see it loss it's Allure grin

I think we have already trashed this topic to a conclusion but let me read through the basis of our argument then I will reply you better.

modified:
refreshrate, i still dont get your drift, what the ceo simply said is " When you're stuck in traffic, people look at the driver in the Mercedes as a person who has made it in society, and they will envy you. We haven't fully achieved that compared with the German three,” he said., the journalist only gave it a sarcastic topic but incase you dont agree let me break it down for you, he was complaining about the inability of lexus to have that luxury appeal in the eyes of customer away from the normal toyota mindset people actually think. its more of a rebadged toyota.

he has not in anyway said that the S Class is better than the LS series tongue, let keep the argument civil as always remember toyota/lexus still sell more than Benz/maybach in some level
Re: This, This Or This by ivoryhouse(m): 9:36am On Mar 31, 2017
themodernman:

My brother abeg gimme better advice which one young working class guy fit suppose buy between Eclass & BMW X3 SUV, I'm really tripping for the SUV but with this your analysis of Benz, I dey get 2nd tots oh.
I had a friend's X3 for a few weeks and it was fun. The interior is cramped in my opinion but when you step on the gas pedal and hear that rumble(i don't know how they made a v6 grumble like that), you forget everything else grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNG Cars Are Safer Than Petrol Cars - Gazzuzz / Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment / I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.