Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum (30891 Views)

Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
SporaD8:

You should be called Brainard!
damn too brilliant. however she drop plan a and go direct for plan B.
This way her dad won't suspect her to be the one that send the text.

That Plan B will make the man dick to shrink...lol

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a 26 year old lady and will be getting married in June. Unfortunately for me I found about two months ago that my dad is cheating on my mum. I didn't say anything cuz I do not want my family to break up. Before it was one lady but now I have found out that they are two. It seems like as the days go deeper he gets more and more into it.

Yesterday he told me to put a password for him on his phone. I tried avoiding doing it but he was persistent and at the end I ended up putting it for him but my conscience has really started disturbing me. I dont know if I should tell her because I don't want my family to break up and at the same time I don't want to see my mother hurt. She loves and adores him, although everyone has his/her shortcomings.

He is a well respected man and my fiancee respects him more than anything. I feel like I am suffocating.

Please what should I do? I really need good advice

Thanks

Please, free the man and allow him his peace. DO NOT TELL YOUR MOM or anyone except you want a divided and bitter family. It is well with your soul. However, you can sit him down and BEG him to stop cheating because you can't stop him.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Shollay20(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Let truth be told, you have to try and talk to your daddy about the matter..

http://laugh247ng..com/2015/04/the-poor-old-woman.html
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by canalily(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Cheeee ee e h! shocked ! you better use this abo.ki thread, their shoe gum or better still use super glue to seal your lips. It is never ur marriage. One thing you have to bear in mind is that no matter how u try, you can never cage a man.embarassed Dnt bring suspicious eyes into ur home. Even as u marry dnt think u can cage your own husband. But dnt u ever suspect him.angry Everybody has a case to answer.smileycool
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Emmahunk(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a 26 year old lady and will be getting married in June. Unfortunately for me I found about two months ago that my dad is cheating on my mum. I didn't say anything cuz I do not want my family to break up. Before it was one lady but now I have found out that they are two. It seems like as the days go deeper he gets more and more into it.

Yesterday he told me to put a password for him on his phone. I tried avoiding doing it but he was persistent and at the end I ended up putting it for him but my conscience has really started disturbing me. I dont know if I should tell her because I don't want my family to break up and at the same time I don't want to see my mother hurt. She loves and adores him, although everyone has his/her shortcomings.

He is a well respected man and my fiancee respects him more than anything. I feel like I am suffocating.

Thanks

Major 466, that advice though given with good intentions is not right for the family's name and honor. In issues like this, no elder, no matter how close should be trusted.
Confront your dad politely but firmly. Involve your sister/brother that he is so fond of. As in all things be prayerful about the whole stuff.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by bosun11(m): 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
This is beyond me mehn, if u can speak with an elder in your church or with someone you know your dad has high esteem for .Someone you know that can talk SENSE to your dad's head and he will succumb totally because this is just too bad...bighug
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by adeolusegun4u(m): 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tell her dad to stop.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by hedonistic: 7:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
No news here. It would have been news if it was your mother that was involved in that kind of situation.

Do you honestly expect a hardworking mature man to eat the same egusi soup for the rest of his life? Come on, don't be unreasonable. Most men his age do the same as long as they have the financial resources. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by anonimi: 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

You did not mention if your dad also loves and adores your mum as well as adequately fulfill his role as a husband to her and daddy to his children.

Given that you said he is getting "more and more into it", you may have to find CREATIVE ways of providing clues to your mum that do NOT come from you after you have ascertained that there is a REAL danger to your mum & family.
Difficult, almost impossible, I know. And that is the challenge.

It will be pointless letting your mum know and give her unnecessary stress if the affairs are just flings, irrespective of how they seem involving now. It may be useful to note that he has TWO women outside at the same time.
Cheers!
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by canalily(m): 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
major466:
Its not easy calling someone misbehaving badly to order when the person in question is one of your parent.
@Op, this is beyond you. Talk to a respected elder in your community about the situation. He will know what to do.
remember not to wash ur dirty cloths outside
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by dragsazy(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=adamilen post=32376372]Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

[/quote
Reason wt ur Popsy of d consequences of wat he is doin nt only. Himsef bt d family too! Den use style ask ur mum hw she will feel if she notice dat ur dad is cheatin on him! Den pray 4 ur dad make God arrest am. Gudluck
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by CaptainAmerica1: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
All the people here saying you should talk to an elder about it are not wise.

You can never tell what's on the mind of the 'elder'. He might be a bad belle waiting for an opportunity to strike.

I've seen too many instances
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by klark3: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

From what I can deduce from ur post, ur old boy seem like a nice man, he has played his part by taking good care of u guys. Why do u want to deny him dis happiness?

Allow old boy to flex nau, he will retire sooner dan u expect. But if at all u want to do anything, ensure u don't tell mumsy, u can approach dad courteously. He will change, I believe everybody is happy, so don't mar d peace & love in ur family with this kind of distressing info. Allow d peace to continue.

If it were to be a case of ur mum cheating on dad, it would have been a different issue, since it's dad, just chill.

Condoning a cheating husband is far better dan a broken home. Considerable number of men cheat & live happily with their family.

Hapi easter..
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Damikevin(m): 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Just stay out of it. There's no way you will not be the bad person whether you talk or not. You can tell UT mom now and he appologies and they are back together then what do you become. You can also tell her he leaves and year mom is alone. Its realy a complicated issue. What you decide depends on u.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
There is a game of black mail in which you can play on your dad...for desired amount of money grin cool
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Ilekeh(f): 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Na wa
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by prinzeepule(m): 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dont dare. If you still wnt ur family don't nd think abt confrontation n d method
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Izygab(m): 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
You're not the one being cheated on here..so don't start what you can't finish.
And there's no way you'll say your mum that has bn with your dad for than 26 yrs doesn't know something is up.
You've said it all..
Don't break a family of over 2 decades because of your tongue, rather pray for him nd let God work on Him.
You can even approach him wit respect and tell him your suspicion.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Jephz(m): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
it simple.. 26yrs old,,, u're big enough to talk to ur dad
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by sule5727: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

did u find out frm ur mum wether she is nt doing wat she needed to do? U may nt no hw far with dem since u r nt sleeping on d same bed wit dem my advice is dat try to interrogate ur mum!! And lera talk sense into ur dad!!
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

Talk to him respectfully about it. Sometimes people do bad things cos they feel no body knows. They enjoy the thrill in secrecy. But when they are confronted, they may desist from such things. So talk to him, let him know u know he is cheating, and that you know the ladies he's cheating with. Tell him u have not exposed him cos he is a respected man and therefore he should act like a respected man by desisting from such act. Ask him if there's anything ur mom is or isn't doing that is pushing him outside so that you can talk to her. And pray to God he sees reasons with you and make changes.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by kikelomojessy(f): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dnt tell ur mom, it will make her feel very bad and she might start putting up fights with him or start somtin else. Just talk to ur dad about it and tell him u will let ur mum know abt wat he is doin. Pls dnt tell anyone else. Dis method worked for me and maybe it will work for u too.

See it dis way, wat abt if u tell ur mum and she dosnt confront him, she just tells u dat u shld bot worry abt it dat that one is not her problem, if he likes let him sleep with all the women in the world. Just help ur mum by threating ur dad u will let ur mum know abt it.

adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

1st talk to ur popa,telling him hw displeased u are with his attitude & ask him if he would advice u to keep another man in ur own marriage...But keep muma outta it.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
op tell your mom.

if your mom was the one cheating the men on this thread would have asked you to tell him regardless of whether it breaks their marriage or not.
hypocrites.

tell your mom, because if your dad infects your mom with anything it would be on your head.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by davefieldpop(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Like 4 years ago i noticed my father making and receiving discreet calls, i snooped and i heard him telling the other person that he was ready to do anything for her, that she should just accept his advances.
My people, to say i was heart broken and dissapointed is an understatement, because i so much respected him. I didnt tell mum because of her health and didnt want her developing HBP and dying young, instead i called my younger and elder brothers and briefed them, so we sat him down in the absence of mum and confronted him. He apologized and promised it wouldnt happen again, and he praised our wisdom of not involving mum.
Though you are gone now dad (thank God you repented), i believe you are in a better place. Not a day goes by without thinking of you.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by totorimi: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
You need to concrete facts and 100% accurate with ur facts because he's gonna deny it vehemently and you will be responsible for scattering ur family.

If u are sure then approach him politely without involving ur mama. Let him know that you know tell him the names of the women and any other secret info you have and let him know that if he continues they u will let ur mother know about it

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by malachee: 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Omo face ur fiancee u don't know even if he's worst
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Kayendy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Simple tin.... get one strong evidence and blackmail d man. u. Will see how he will stop cheating dat's if He still loves ur mum though
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by HARDDON: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
missclasssy:
Op, for the sake of your mum and dad's marriage, I think it's best you don't tell your mum or anyone.

From everything you have said, it seems you are really close to your dad.

Here is my advise~ I think the best thing you do is sit your dad down and talk to him in all seriousness and maturity
Tell him that what he is doing isn't right and it's even having a bad influence on you as his child.
Explain to him that him cheating on your mum is total wickedness because she loves him so much.
Tell him that if he doesn't stop that you would report him to a spiritual leader or an elder relation.

If he continues this absurd behavior, Op you have no choice but to do just that.

I know it would be tough being in your condition but don't give up on your dad. Always include him in your prayers and keep on praying that God would continue to keep his union with your mum.

Thanks.

Nah, she shouldn't mention it to him rather since shes about getting married, she should shrewdly n cirosly ask him this question when he is in api mood :

Called him dad, looking into his eyes and tell him: dad I feel my fiance is cheating on me. Watch his words .....

If he excapes that, let her hit h with this: dad how wud u feel if I cry home tomorrow because he iz cheating on me?

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by NobleG1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
adamilen:
Hi Nairalanders,

Thanks

Ask yourself this; If your husband you're about to marry in June starts cheating on you, would you like to know? I guess your answer obviously be YES.
Let me ask you another question; Would you like to be in a broken family or leave from one? I also guess your answer would be to leave a broken home.

It's not OK for you to keep this terrible secret from your mother. She will hate you for doing so when she finds out. If you love your mother then tell her. She deserves to know your father's cheating life.

Some irresponsible people here are advising you to keep quiet, whereas they will all want to know if they're being cheated on, if they were in your mother's shoes. Keeping quiet makes you as guilty as your father.

No matter what happens afterwards, your parents are adults, they'll deal with it. The right thing for your mother as you would want your daughter to do for you.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by major466(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
wallflower:

My NL friends take a good long look at this advice, this is one of the biggest don'ts in personal conflicts.
You think when the lady confront her father he will simply stop his cheating behavior? Definitely not. Matters of infidelity and adultery are serious matters that requires a tactical approach to deal with, and this is certainly beyond her to handle.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by meetndee(m): 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
Billyonaire:
My advise, is as follows;

Your mother is NOT aware of his escapes, you do not have to be the whistle blower, you wont forgive yourself when wahala starts.

You are aware of his escapes;

Plan A:

you need to find a diplomatic way of whimsically, jokingly, respectfully saying "Daddy, I am aware oh, but I swear, Mamma will NOT hear this from me, this is our little secret, but you just have to STOP, if not, things will get ugly.", be firm, be assertive and be his daughter.

Again, do not tell your mom, and be sure your Dad gets the message. In the event that your Dad does not listen, then move to Plan B.

Plan B: Get a new phone, new sim and send this text, purportedly from a guy to him; "Old man, you have succeeded in ruining my relationship with my girlfriend because you have cash. You will not see me coming, I hope you love your wife and your kids, If this heart-break continues then I will send any of them 6ft.

Escalate Plan B, after a week, by lying that a certain boy was chasing after you with a dagger and nearly killed you if not that you ran into someone's office, and that the boy was shouting "Your Dad will pay for his actions".

Hahahahahaha Manipulation saves time and effort.
Bad guy grin
Billyonaire:
My advise, is as follows;

Your mother is NOT aware of his escapes, you do not have to be the whistle blower, you wont forgive yourself when wahala starts.

You are aware of his escapes;

Plan A:

you need to find a diplomatic way of whimsically, jokingly, respectfully saying "Daddy, I am aware oh, but I swear, Mamma will NOT hear this from me, this is our little secret, but you just have to STOP, if not, things will get ugly.", be firm, be assertive and be his daughter.

Again, do not tell your mom, and be sure your Dad gets the message. In the event that your Dad does not listen, then move to Plan B.

Plan B: Get a new phone, new sim and send this text, purportedly from a guy to him; "Old man, you have succeeded in ruining my relationship with my girlfriend because you have cash. You will not see me coming, I hope you love your wife and your kids, If this heart-break continues then I will send any of them 6ft.

Escalate Plan B, after a week, by lying that a certain boy was chasing after you with a dagger and nearly killed you if not that you ran into someone's office, and that the boy was shouting "Your Dad will pay for his actions".

Hahahahahaha Manipulation saves time and effort.
Bad guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Wants To Buy The Following For The Baby / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / My Uncle Takes His Daughter For Virginity Tests Annually --- Is It Ideal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.