Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3152367 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) ... (2213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Odunayaw:

Alright, I see your point. But this doesn't support the point some make that the whole war is rigged for Profiteering.

This is what I am determined to see, not emotions

We need to speak the truth, brother, and quit the grandstanding.

There is only one reason why the war is still ongoing, and that is because the top military brass are cashing out! Simple! Do you think those soldiers that absconded with millions of naira were on such a trip for the first time? Naaaa...it must have been happening frequently for them to have grown some balls, come up with a plan and execute it flawlessly.

What is the purpose and efficacy of using light skin trucks in a 'hot zone' when even the lower house's members move around in armored vehicles in a peaceful Abuja? Why has there been no change of strategy? Of course, you and I know - those lives are dispensable! Should we talk about arms, kits or welfare? What about the real story behind the withdrawal of PMCs from South Africa? Pfft!

Brother, it is understandable if you work requires you to do some image laundering here, but please don't insult our intelligence.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Uwaomaokey(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Uwaomaokey(m): 10:28am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2019
Odunayaw:
Sun Tzu says It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on.

"It is only one thoroughly acquainted"...
All you made are salient points but I regard them as ripple effect of chaos. Order>>Chaos>>Order >> ∞
From your opinion, its basically the phoenix rising from the ashes. Now, my question is about the "ashes". Does this " ashes" know what'd come out of it by and by?

Alright, I get your point. Though I still disagree with Sun Tzu in the previously quoted context.

However,to address your question, I,like you, don't believe that this war was cooked up and is being sustained to benefit the government or people in itself.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2019
bidexiii:
Decomposing Body of Navy Commander Found in Shallow Well in Kaduna

The decomposing body of the Commandant of Command Secondary School of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC), Jaji, Kaduna, Navy Commander Oluwayemisi Ogundana, with service number NN/ 2367, was found on Sunday in a shallow well.

THISDAY can exclusively report that her body was found and recovered at about 12.45pm, in Agwanloyo by the railway, inside an abandoned shallow well near Deeper Life Bible Church in Jaji Cantonment.

Already, two suspects have been arrested. The suspects are Mr Bernard Simon, a teacher at the Command Secondary School, Jaji and his alleged accomplice, Mr Ibrahlm Maman.

Although the military authorities are yet to fully unravel the circumstances surrounding her death, a senior personnel who spoke to THISDAY on condition of anonymity, said they were keeping the two suspects in custody for further investigation.

Ogundana was on Friday last week declared missing after concerted efforts to ascertain her whereabouts proved abortive.

According to the situation report from the AFCSC Jaji, the deceased was confirmed missing after military personnel broke into her apartment and found her phone ringing and her whereabouts unknown.

The deceased, who resided at AVM Crescent, House 22, was last seen on Friday, September 13, at the secondary school within the cantonment.

The incident was thereafter reported to the authorities when her cell phone was ringing repeatedly and she did not pick her calls.

The military authorities had to forcibly break into her room and the said phone was found ringing inside the sitting room.

Fears were heightened when her vehicle, a metallic gray Toyota Highlander with registration number AAA 434 CF (Lagos) was also missing. The deceased was married with three kids, who are in their Lagos residence with their father.

I killed Commandant because she sacked me as PTA Chairman ― Teacher

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/i-killed-commandant-because-she-sacked-me-as-pta-chairman-%e2%80%95-teacher/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2019
If I were to be asked or better still paid grin

These 2 stratagems by Chanakya

1. " Victory on the battlefield is not the final remedy, but it is the acceptance of the final outcome by the defeated side "

2. " In a conflict between 2 sides the margin of superiority ( symmetric / assymetric ) generally determines the degree to which violence can be limited. And if the margin of superiority is predominant the lower the chances of being challenged to a war. And if there is challenge, the greater the margin of superiority the greater is the chances of suppressing the challenge quickly albeit with lesser degree of violence "

Should address and resolve the ( no 1 above addresses no 1 below and so on )

1. Politico / religious / ethnic underpinnings of the conflict

2. Military underpinnings of the conflict.

The first stratagem is the most difficult to grasp and even more difficult to extrapolate to the myriads of applications.

But it should be kept in mind that when conflict is tad too close or has stretched too long for comfort, subtle but decisive politics with military power as an ancillary is the way out.

As far as I am concerned Nigeria has been playing by the wrong book.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Babacele: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2019
AskiaHarem:

I hear many Kenyans try. Maybe one day when it's stable enough for large business investments...
like the large businesses you are investing in SA.? ...joke on you bro.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

There is only one reason why the war is still ongoing, and that is because the top military brass are cashing out! Simple! Do you think those soldiers that absconded with millions of naira were on such a trip for the first time? Naaaa...it must have been happening frequently for them to have grown some balls, come up with a plan and execute it flawlessly.

What is the purpose and efficacy of using light skin trucks in a 'hot zone' when even the lower house's members move around in armored vehicles in a peaceful Abuja? Why has there been no change of strategy? Of course, you and I know - those lives are dispensable! Should we talk about arms, kits or welfare? What about the real story behind the withdrawal of PMCs from South Africa? Pfft!

Brother, it is understandable if you work requires you to do some image laundering here, but please don't insult our intelligence.

Three Thumbs Up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

Am not insulting anybody

This is someone whose intelligence isn't insulted
EVarn:

I don't believe that this war was cooked up and is being sustained to benefit the government or people in itself.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
EVarn:
Alright, I get your point. Though I still disagree with Sun Tzu in the previously quoted context.

However,to address your question, I,like you, don't believe that this war was cooked up and is being sustained to benefit the government or people in itself.
Alright Sir
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
EVarn:

Nobody is saying the war was cooked up, they are simply using it to steal. A typical example is the dasukigate and it's still happening, maybe not on a grandiose scale. Where do these military guys get hundreds of millions to build houses, hotels, buy luxury cars and also sponsor girl friends? You think the military pays them in hundreds of millions? Oga, there are things that cannot be said here even if you want to post as a Nobody. Maybe until another government comes from a different political party before you guys will know what's going on.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

[b]Two Nigerian Soldiers? This is not news na. The Federal Government is hiding the truth. The current Northern Borno axis is currently 80% under the siege of Bokoharam.

As a Soldier if you are posted to Marte, Abadam, Kukawa, Baga, Nganzai, Gubio, Magumeri and Gudzamala all in Borno North you just have a 10% chance of returning alive. Soldiers are using their lives to restrict the ISWAP guys from proceeding into Maiduguri.

The day Bokoharam takes over Monguno, definitely i don't pray it happens. That will be the end of Northern Borno. Currently they have turned Monguno into an Island because all surrounding Local Governments (Marte, Kukawa, Gudzamala are controlled 95% by them) Even the Only route Monguno-Maiduguri that was free last year in now partially in their hands. Bokoharam now stops passenger cars asking of military personnel in the passenger vehicle. That is why we humanitarians put on ID's when travelling that route now

If ISWAP post the bodies of all Soldiers they've been killing and Arms they've been carting away in the last six months... Hmmmmm it'll be Messy.

Soldiers in Southern Borno like Gwoza, Bitta, Shani, Damboa, Chibok and Biu are relaxing because Shekau's faction cannot attack a Military base. They only attack military convoys because they do not have much fire power like the ISWAP.

In the last two weeks Bokoharam has taken over 20 Military vehicles from the Military in the Gudumbali, Gajiram and Gubio attacks.

We are just sacrificing young handsome dudes unnecessarily[/b]
Thanks for the info sir
And for the first time u didnt bold... U look strange lol
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:30am On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2019
I just watched the video of Bokoharam executing two men suspected to be personnel of NA. I legit sheded tears, fine young looking men just wasted like that, one could only imagine what was going through their minds.
Do the guys at top in anyway see these videos? What's really going on in Nigeria for heaven's sake? How long are we going to keep piling up avoidable casualties? God when?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 1:43am On Sep 25, 2019
[quote author=ugo4u post=82538933]I just watched the video of Bokoharam executing two men suspected to be personnel of NA. I legit sheded tears, fine young looking men just wasted like that, one could only imagine what was going through their minds.
Do the guys at top in anyway see these videos? What's really going on in Nigeria for heaven's sake? How long are we going to keep piling up avoidable casualties? God when?[/quote

Link to the video bruh.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 1:44am On Sep 25, 2019
ugo4u:
I just watched the video of Bokoharam executing two men suspected to be personnel of NA. I legit sheded tears, fine young looking men just wasted like that, one could only imagine what was going through their minds.
Do the guys at top in anyway see these videos? What's really going on in Nigeria for heaven's sake? How long are we going to keep piling up avoidable casualties? God when?

Link
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:47am On Sep 25, 2019
Nicheey:

Link
I saw it on twitter from this handle @jacksonpbn
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 1:48am On Sep 25, 2019
ugo4u:

I saw it on twitter from this handle @jacksonpbn
okay, I'll check right away.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:08am On Sep 25, 2019
ugo4u:

My brother it's really saddening. If not that i work in the Humanitarian sector i would march directly to the Presidential Villa with a playcard. I do not care if I'm the Only lone protester.

We are sacrificing our Soldiers in 100s unnecessarily. Whenever i see how these Soldiers are killed i shed tears profusely.

The Army and Government is hiding the truth about this Insurgency battle for corruption sake.

I repeat Northern Borno is under the control of these ISWAP guys. Till date no Soldier can go to Baga town even tho the Army lied that Baga has been liberated.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2019
It's all confusing right now. God have mercy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2019
DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT BUREAU EXPRESSES SATISFACTION WITH RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS IN DICON
The Director-General Research and Development Bureau (DR & DB), Air Vice Marshal Onyemaechi Osahor has expressed satisfaction with research and development efforts of Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) Research and Development Centre.
The DG DR & DB who was represented by Brigadier General Musiliu Bashirudeen made the remarks when he led a team to DICON Headquarters on assessment visit. According to him, the collaboration between DR & DB and DICON as well as other Defense-related institutions with research and development outfit became necessary owing to persistent security challenges confronting the nation for which an urgent solution is needed, adding that DICON in recent times has been rated high in terms of proffering such solution.
He further stated that he was delighted that DICON’s research and development efforts would not only end at the prototype level, but would be poised to mass produce military products needed in the theatre of operations across the country, especially in the North East. His words: “I am happy with the level of innovations injected into fabricating combat vehicles with about 70 percent local content giving priority attention to the safety of the troops which should be the main concern of every right thinking commander”.
He added that there were lots of disappointments with Hilux vehicles with special emphasis on the failure as a result of rugged terrain, but that the new vehicles manufactured in DICON were designed to mitigate many challenges common with those imported vehicles.
On the issue of ammunition, the team leader noted that with the production process witnessed in the factory during the visit, he was highly optimistic that DICON would be able to meet the ammunition needs of the nation’s Armed Forces and other paramilitary agencies. On his impression about the efforts of the new DG who is barely 3 months old in the helm of the affairs in DICON, he stated that he was highly impressed with his efforts, stressing that Maj Gen Victor Ezugwu had always been a trail blazer judging from his antecedent. He further stated that he was in full support of his local content drive in DICON, stressing that it was the best way to go since most of the spare parts could be obtained locally which could huge conserve foreign exchange.
Earlier, the DG DICON, Gen Ezugwu who was represented by the Director of Engineering Services, Navy Capt Emmanuel Ebe said he was delighted that DICON had been rated as one of the dependable ally of DR&DB in her quest to find urgent solution to the security challenges facing the nation, stressing that with the efforts of the current DG and his leadership team, there was light in the horizon.
In a well detailed brief he highlighted the achievements of the management under the leadership of Gen Ezugwu to include: manufacturing of combat vehicles in collaboration with Command Engineering Depot (CED), production of the 7.62×3.9mm, establishment of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Office, manufacturing of dummy rifles for training purposes, reviving of moribund factory where ballistic vests, helmets, night vision goggles and other ordinance materials were being produced among others. He expressed the gratitude of the DICON family to the Board of DICON headed by the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Defence (MOD) Mrs Nuratu Batagarawa, the CDS and Service Chiefs for their strategic guidance and other numerous support.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2019
cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Uwaomaokey(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Uwaomaokey(m): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

My brother it's really saddening. If not that i work in the Humanitarian sector i would march directly to the Presidential Villa with a playcard. I do not care if I'm the Only lone protester.

We are sacrificing our Soldiers in 100s
unnecessarily. Whenever i see how these Soldiers are killed i shed tears profusely.

The Army and Government is hiding the truth about this Insurgency battle for corruption sake.

I repeat Northern Borno is under the control of these ISWAP guys. Till date no Soldier can go to Baga town even tho the Army lied that Baga has been liberated.

Stop being a fanatical drama drag-queen.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2019
AskiaHarem:

Lol... If he is a drama queen then I am the king of Scotland. Why is it that anyone that speaks truth becomes a drama queen to you? Is your medula oblongata working well at all?

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2019
AskiaHarem:

Okay Sir. You think i should be singing patriotism when young Dudes like me are going down in numbers?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Lol... If he is a drama queen then I am the king of Scotland. Why is it that anyone that speaks truth becomes a drama queen to you? Is your medula oblongata working well at all?

No offence jare but from the point of medical science or rather in my case, class 7 biology lessons grin

I think it should be the cerebrum u should be invoking. No human processes information with their medulla oblongata embarassed

If I remember correctly Medulla oblongata is associated with involuntary functions of the human body like heart beat etc.

Interestingly there r exceptions though , masters of original yoga not the crap yoga practiced nowadays can control the rhythm of their heart beat and even stop it momentarily at will shocked

CIA though proxies had a nice time doing clinical tests on the masters decades back.

Oh lastly many people don't have a functional cerebrum , it's mainly for filling up the space in their brains , like the guy in the pic below

Thats a genius level idiot grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
nemesis8u:

Oh lastly many people don't have a functional cerebrum , it's mainly for filling up the space in their brains , like the guy in the pic below

Thats a genius level idiot grin

chai grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
Toju200:
. U think so Broda.....If Boko Haram or ISWAP heads now to Benin republic...hmm grin it is finished ooo...it won't be easy for Dem at all...Now I get ur points though but if it happens it will be another #Mali Intervention
boko haram is survivithis long cause of the incompetency of the Nigerian military, paramilitaries and politicians.

I remember when Yusuf Mohammed(abi what's his name) was killed in a police cell back then, I watch an interview immediately the thing happen on Aljazeera were a Nigerian minister serving under yardua said; "The most important thing is that Yusuf Mohammed is dead, how he died does not matter". This might not be his exact words, but that was the summary of what I heard.

Do you remember when GEJ was in power and ihejirika was the COAS? do you remember what different northern groups were saying? They were saying stuffs like; "ihejirika is killing northerners", " GEJ is destroying the north" etc.

Benin Republic is more organize than Nigeria, boko haram will never get to this stage it is in Nigeria, and the war on boko haram will not be politicise like it is done in Nigeria.

Boko haram is still controlling territories in Nigeria, some of you guys can keep on beating your chest as long as you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
The Islamic States’ West Africa Province (ISWAP) has allegedly executed one of the six aid workers it abducted from Nigeria’s North East region.

This was disclosed by Ahmad Salkida, an investigative journalist and terrorism reporter, in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV, Wednesday, Sept. 25.

According to Salkida, the group said it took the action because the Nigerian government deceived them following months and series of unfruitful negotiations.

Though the name of the executed aid worker was not given, the journalist said he worked with the Action Against Hunger (AAH) in Borno State.

This comes barely a week after the military shut down operations of the AAH in North East, accusing the group of aiding and abetting Boko Haram activities.

The action of the Nigerian army is coming barely two months after six workers of the AAH group were forcefully abducted from Borno.

Igbere TV learned that the terrorist group are threatening to execute the remaining five aid workers in their custody if nothing is done by the Nigerian government.

“Just In: #ISWAP has executed one of the six aid workers, working with the Action Against Hunger that were abducted two months ago in Borno. One of the male aid workers was executed at close range in a short video clip seen by this reporter.

“The group, in a horrific video of the execution, said it took the action because "the government deceived them" following months of what is now known as secret negotiations between a team of intermediaries and unnamed officials.

“ISWAP has also threatened to execute the other remaining staff of the International Non Governmental organization (ACF/AAH). Recall, the INGO was declared persona non grata last week by the @HQNigerianArmy for aiding terrorism in the region, an allegation the INGO denied”, Salkida wrote.

https://twitter.com/A_Salkida/status/1176753595104071680?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1020651/isis-backed-boko-haram-faction-executes-nigerian-aid-worker/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Odunayaw:
chai grin grin

You know the biggest irony

That slowpoke has millions of followers

Says a lot about the extent of stupidity in human beings.

I forget who , but there was a guy who said 99% of humans r stupid one way or the other

Anyways me thinks that's the reason why aliens r not contacting humans.

They r waiting for a considerable fall in the overall level of stupidity in humans

But I don't think the alien's have realised that they will go extinct before that happens or possibly will never happen grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) ... (2213) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.